What James Stewart needs is....

R-acer
4/2/2012 3:44am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2012 6:46am
To be back on one of these......... ture story!
Seriously James, if JGR is stuck with yamaha for 3 years, go start your own team an get on a bike that you like....KXF or RMZ.

|
bd
4/2/2012 4:23am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2012 4:24am
James,

Please run #259 and go by "Bubba"

Ride this factory bike:

All will be good.

Best Regards,
Drfletcher
4/2/2012 4:52am
bd wrote:
James, Please run #259 and go by "Bubba" Ride this factory bike: [img]http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/11_fctry_hon_crf450r-12.jpg[/img] All will be good. Best Regards,
James,

Ride this factory bike:

All will be good.

Best Regards,
Blaming the bike for James crashes is like blaming McDonald's for your kids being fat.

How many Honda riders and Kawi riders are out because of crashes?
RACESTH639
4/2/2012 4:59am
i dont like the new yamaha by any means but considering his fellow JGR rider is finishing on the podium alot lately, its not the bike at this point. Why can't you ppl face it and realize that James is just plain and simple out of control. He can not stay focused and concentrate for a full 20 laps. Look at all of his crashes over the last few years, they are mostly from rider error (i dont blame any crash in the whoops from James thats purely the yamaha lol) James can not elevate his game to match RV, CR, RD when he tries to match them he rides over his head and mentally he is incapable of doing that. To all you Stewie lovers I did believe at first that it was the bike but after two years you think he would have some type of grasp on it. I'm sure a portion of it is from the bike but last night really guys! that had nothing to do with the bike just rider error.
ICE227
4/2/2012 5:07am
RACESTH639 wrote:
i dont like the new yamaha by any means but considering his fellow JGR rider is finishing on the podium alot lately, its not the bike...
i dont like the new yamaha by any means but considering his fellow JGR rider is finishing on the podium alot lately, its not the bike at this point. Why can't you ppl face it and realize that James is just plain and simple out of control. He can not stay focused and concentrate for a full 20 laps. Look at all of his crashes over the last few years, they are mostly from rider error (i dont blame any crash in the whoops from James thats purely the yamaha lol) James can not elevate his game to match RV, CR, RD when he tries to match them he rides over his head and mentally he is incapable of doing that. To all you Stewie lovers I did believe at first that it was the bike but after two years you think he would have some type of grasp on it. I'm sure a portion of it is from the bike but last night really guys! that had nothing to do with the bike just rider error.
Right on. Also, the bike seems to work fine in the heats.

The Shop

RACESTH639
4/2/2012 5:08am
ICE227 wrote:
exactly!
mark_swart
4/2/2012 6:07am
I have been on the 'blame the YZF' bandwagon for a while, but after this weekend I think I'm just going to let it go. Maybe the cold hard fact that I've been denying and trying to pin on the bike is that JS isn't what he used to be.

I'd still love to see him on a CRF or RMZ because I think they would fit his style, but at this point I have a hard time blaming the YZF any more.
MX558
4/2/2012 6:13am
If the Honda's are so good why are all the big names hurt ? That said I have the new Yammie and do like the Honda's better but I am slow. lol
Paul333
4/2/2012 6:17am
ICE227 wrote:
I could not agree more.

Not to forget it also seems to work just fine for Millsaps to make the top three very frequently.
Chili
4/2/2012 6:27am
I can't find it now but I recall a quote from Big James when they signed with Yamaha, something to the effect of now they will at least be on a level playing field equipment wise with the other contenders, hinting that his Kawi was a turd.
rcm406
4/2/2012 6:34am
RACESTH639 wrote:
i dont like the new yamaha by any means but considering his fellow JGR rider is finishing on the podium alot lately, its not the bike...
Yea, but I don't Davi would be finishing where he is with all the injured riders in the line up. I think Davi is riding the same as he always has.
RACESTH639
4/2/2012 6:48am
rcm406 wrote:
Yea, but I don't Davi would be finishing where he is with all the injured riders in the line up. I think Davi is riding the...
Yea, but I don't Davi would be finishing where he is with all the injured riders in the line up. I think Davi is riding the same as he always has.
I absolutely agree that Davi is finishing where he is because everyone is hurt. I agree with that but even with everyone hurt james still isn't finishing where Davi is. JGR SHOULD'VE KEPT BRAYTON!!! but im glad brayton got a shot on factory honda cuz he deserves it and I hope they re-sign him next year and keep him as a third rider cuz we all know honda's plan was to take brayton for a year then dump him for barcia which makes sense but i hope they expand the budget and keep brayton, trey, and then sign barcia. That would be a power house factory team along wtih reed. Honda would have alot of heavy hitters.
cpj36
4/2/2012 7:14am
He just needs to come in here, don't need JGR or factory R&D when Vital has already said it's not the bike.

Ironic that Davi is an example of why it's not the bike after he was said to just be too lazy, washed up and out of shape when he couldn't get along with the new Honda.
RichYox
4/2/2012 7:26am
James has been crashing ever since I can remember........ To blame his brand and design of motorcycle is absurd.
4/2/2012 7:32am
Is it so hard to believe that the bike is fine....just not for Stewart? Certain people get along with certain brands better than others. Reed hated the KX450f, but it worked just fine for Villopoto. I'm sure the YZ450f is a great bike, but it's just not working for Stewart. I hope he gets things figured out. JGR would make an awesome Factory Suzuki team.
TannerMxer
4/2/2012 7:59am
Is it so hard to believe that the bike is fine....just not for Stewart? Certain people get along with certain brands better than others. Reed hated...
Is it so hard to believe that the bike is fine....just not for Stewart? Certain people get along with certain brands better than others. Reed hated the KX450f, but it worked just fine for Villopoto. I'm sure the YZ450f is a great bike, but it's just not working for Stewart. I hope he gets things figured out. JGR would make an awesome Factory Suzuki team.
QFT. That's what I have been saying for years.
catatonic
4/2/2012 8:30am
RACESTH639 wrote:
rcm406 wrote:
Yea, but I don't Davi would be finishing where he is with all the injured riders in the line up. I think Davi is riding the...
Yeah but he's finishing ahead of James.
TannerMxer
4/2/2012 8:38am
Drfletcher wrote:
Blaming the bike for James crashes is like blaming McDonald's for your kids being fat. How many Honda riders and Kawi riders are out because of...
Blaming the bike for James crashes is like blaming McDonald's for your kids being fat.

Ummmmm... Canard, Brayton (at one point), Hanson, Partridge, Tedesco, Hill, and I am sure there's more.

The only reason you cannot tie a lot of injuries to the Yamaha is because hardly anyone is dumb enough to enter the race on one. I think there's only 5 450f riders that enter regularly on them. The entire field of privateers rides either a Honda or a Kawasaki. There's hardly any entrants on the Yamaha. I wonder why? Maybe it is that nasty stigma of it being a difficult bike to setup. Just ask JT$, Ferry, Wey, etc, etc. That bike has made a ton of people want to quit.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
4/2/2012 8:39am
R-acer wrote:
To be back on one of these......... ture story! Seriously James, if JGR is stuck with yamaha for 3 years, go start your own team an...
Seriously James, if JGR is stuck with yamaha for 3 years, go start your own team an get on a bike that you like....KXF or RMZ.

Man, there sure are a lot of experts on what James "needs."
rcm406
4/2/2012 8:42am
R-acer wrote:
To be back on one of these......... ture story! Seriously James, if JGR is stuck with yamaha for 3 years, go start your own team an...

GuyB wrote:
Well GuyB, what do you think is his problem?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4103rd
4/2/2012 8:42am
bd wrote:
James, Please run #259 and go by "Bubba" Ride this factory bike: [img]http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/11_fctry_hon_crf450r-12.jpg[/img] All will be good. Best Regards,
James,

Ride this factory bike:

All will be good.

Best Regards,
Drfletcher wrote:
Blaming the bike for James crashes is like blaming McDonald's for your kids being fat. How many Honda riders and Kawi riders are out because of...

Do you really think this analogy works to make your point? If it's apt at all it works against you.
PressPassP
4/2/2012 8:48am
I bet he'd be awesome on one of these Woohoo

[/img]
4/2/2012 8:57am
You hate to kick a man when he's down, but this is surreal.

We are watching the most talented racer of all time implode right before our eyes. its like a slowmotion trainwreck.
Nicknku
4/2/2012 8:57am
mark_swart wrote:
I have been on the 'blame the YZF' bandwagon for a while, but after this weekend I think I'm just going to let it go. Maybe...
I have been on the 'blame the YZF' bandwagon for a while, but after this weekend I think I'm just going to let it go. Maybe the cold hard fact that I've been denying and trying to pin on the bike is that JS isn't what he used to be.

I'd still love to see him on a CRF or RMZ because I think they would fit his style, but at this point I have a hard time blaming the YZF any more.
Same here
SMITH201
4/2/2012 8:58am
He actually needs one of these Wink

4/2/2012 8:59am
So since it's not the bikes fault... Emig really did beat McGrath straight up for the title in 97!
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
4/2/2012 9:02am
R-acer wrote:

GuyB wrote:
rcm406 wrote:
My personal opinion? The length of time it took to make a decision before the start of the season certainly didn't help. That got them started later than would have been optimal.

Late-arriving components like tires and suspension didn't help, and doing the bulk of the testing at home (rather than on something more like what they'd see at the start of the season) probably wasn't ideal.

Poor starts at the beginning of the season were a big issue this year, then lots of errors trying to work through the pack.

I think the bike may be less of an issue than the urban myth about it.

I know he thinks that elite riders can do Supercross-only, but I think that the lack of year-round racing catches up with you eventually. Yes, he can run endless practice laps at home, but there's a huge difference between practice pace and actual racing...the biggest of which is just reacting to all the unknown the races throw at you.
the_wood109
4/2/2012 9:12am
I agree with Gibby.

But, the other thing is that I keep thinking that he is trying to slow down on purpose. Of course it's possible that he just isn't the fastest anymore. But even if that were the case, he still hits the deck at pretty much every race.

Daytona, even in practice before the rain, it was obvious the guy can still ride like Bubba. "Don't crash" seems like obvious and noob advice, but I think that should be his primary focus at this point. I think he'll be better served to keep 'er on two wheels over trying to win.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2836th
4/2/2012 9:13am
GuyB wrote:
rcm406 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
My personal opinion? The length of time it took to make a decision before the start of the season certainly didn't help. That got them started...
My personal opinion? The length of time it took to make a decision before the start of the season certainly didn't help. That got them started later than would have been optimal.

Late-arriving components like tires and suspension didn't help, and doing the bulk of the testing at home (rather than on something more like what they'd see at the start of the season) probably wasn't ideal.

Poor starts at the beginning of the season were a big issue this year, then lots of errors trying to work through the pack.

I know he thinks that elite riders can do Supercross-only, but I think that the lack of year-round racing catches up with you eventually. Yes, he can run endless practice laps at home, but there's a huge difference between practice pace and actual racing...the biggest of which is just reacting to all the unknown the races throw at you.
This sounds like a good assessment and possible reality.

So do you think Reed, Ferry, Pourcel, Byrne and all the others that have said the bike has issues are wrong? Just curious.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
4/2/2012 9:19am
rcm406 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
My personal opinion? The length of time it took to make a decision before the start of the season certainly didn't help. That got them started...

gsxrcr28 wrote:
This sounds like a good assessment and possible reality. So do you think Reed, Ferry, Pourcel, Byrne and all the others that have said the bike...

So do you think Reed, Ferry, Pourcel, Byrne and all the others that have said the bike has issues are wrong? Just curious.
I know Timmy has never been a fan of that bike. Pourcel seemed to love the Valli version of the bike, but floundered badly with it over at MotoConcepts. I've never heard/seen any of Byrne's comments.

As for Chad, he loves to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of any of his competitors, so I'd look at half of his comments on the bike as a chance to get in James' head. Smile
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2836th
4/2/2012 9:27am
GuyB wrote:

gsxrcr28 wrote:
This sounds like a good assessment and possible reality. So do you think Reed, Ferry, Pourcel, Byrne and all the others that have said the bike...

GuyB wrote:
I know Timmy has never been a fan of that bike. Pourcel seemed to love the Valli version of the bike, but floundered badly with it...
I know Timmy has never been a fan of that bike. Pourcel seemed to love the Valli version of the bike, but floundered badly with it over at MotoConcepts. I've never heard/seen any of Byrne's comments.

As for Chad, he loves to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of any of his competitors, so I'd look at half of his comments on the bike as a chance to get in James' head. Smile
Gotcha Cool

As for Byrne, Matthes asked RV what he thought of the bike and he said Byrne told him it's an "odd duck" then RV said "if it's an odd duck how good can they possibly make it?"

Good to hear your opinion.

Post a reply to: What James Stewart needs is....

The Latest