What Happened in Switzerland?

NeKawBoy
Edited Date/Time 10/24/2014 6:39pm
I apologize if I missed the flood of press releases but, what happened with JS7 in Switzerland on Tuesday?
It was reported last week he would be travelling to Switzerland this week with his attorney for the final appeal regarding the penalty for his failure to have a TUE in place.

So far...crickets.
Apparently everything is still in Neutral in the land of coco.
|
enketchum
10/24/2014 6:10am
If there are no PRs, I'm guessing it was a bad outcome.
Grizz
10/24/2014 6:16am
I have a question. If a privateer was tested and the results came back positive, would he also have to go all the way to switzerland for his hearing? Just curious.
10/24/2014 6:19am
Great.. One more thing to jump to conclusions on...

Switzerland in general operates a little differently than the rest of the western european countries. Swiss bank accounts, historical neutral stance on things like war, hell they even still use their own currency rather than adopting the Euro like the rest of most of Europe.

I'm sure there's a reason we haven't heard official word either way yet..

The Shop

slipdog
10/24/2014 6:20am
Grizz wrote:
I have a question. If a privateer was tested and the results came back positive, would he also have to go all the way to switzerland...
I have a question. If a privateer was tested and the results came back positive, would he also have to go all the way to switzerland for his hearing? Just curious.
Only if he wanted to challenge the outcome.
O___o
10/24/2014 6:25am
Great.. One more thing to jump to conclusions on... Switzerland in general operates a little differently than the rest of the western european countries. Swiss bank...

Switzerland in general operates a little differently than the rest of the western european countries. Swiss bank accounts, historical neutral stance on things like war, hell they even still use their own currency rather than adopting the Euro like the rest of most of Europe.

It's not a country, it's a money laundering system for the Vatican. Always has been.

mac3-d
10/24/2014 6:38am
they build a railway tunnel through the eiger. that's the mountain Clint Eastwood climed Cool
10/24/2014 7:19am
enketchum wrote:
Hearing was yesterday, PR won't be out until next week. Don't jump to conclusions.
hvaughn88
10/24/2014 7:21am
enketchum wrote:
Hearing was yesterday, PR won't be out until next week. Don't jump to conclusions.
where the hell are you getting your info?
APLMAN99
10/24/2014 7:26am
Great.. One more thing to jump to conclusions on... Switzerland in general operates a little differently than the rest of the western european countries. Swiss bank...

O___o wrote:
It's not a country, it's a money laundering system for the Vatican. Always has been. [img]https://catholicphilly.com/media-files/2013/03/dolan-arrive-swiss-guard.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.huffpost.com/gen/1651714/thumbs/s-KERMIT-large640.jpg[/img]
It's not a country, it's a money laundering system for the Vatican. Always has been.

Except, of course, that the Vatican doesn't need to launder money. They have their own government to make anything they decide to do legal.........
kongols
10/24/2014 7:43am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Except, of course, that the Vatican doesn't need to launder money. They have their own government to make anything they decide to do legal.........
Wrong.
To add to that Vatican also has it`s own bank and italian mafia been laundering money through it for ages.
davistld01
10/24/2014 8:03am
APLMAN99 wrote:
kongols wrote:
Wrong.
To add to that Vatican also has it`s own bank and italian mafia been laundering money through it for ages.
Wonder who gets a piece of that pie?
jasonv43
10/24/2014 8:05am
30 Kickass and Interesting Facts About Switzerland

1. The average salary of a teacher in Switzerland in 2010 was $112000 per year.
2. In Switzerland, it is illegal to deny that the holocaust happened.
3. Switzerland is unique for having enough nuclear fallout shelters to accommodate its entire human population.
4. In Switzerland, it is illegal to keep just one guinea pig. You got to have them in pairs
5. Men in Switzerland are required to keep the firearms they are issued during their military service at home even after they leave the military to prevent any home break ins and to have the countries men ready to mobilize in the event of a threat.
6. There is a 500-year-old statue of a man eating a sack of babies in Bern, Switzerland, and nobody is sure why.
7. A Swiss Jeweler made a $68 million ring that was made entirely out of diamond.
8. One of Switzerland’s main defense strategies is to demolish every main access into the country via roads, bridges, and railways. There are at least 3,000 locations currently prepared to blow at a moment’s notice in case of an attack.
9. In Switzerland, a group of citizens may challenge a law passed by Parliament, if they are able to gather 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days. A national vote is scheduled where voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law.
10. Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland. It is also legal in Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and three American states (Oregon, Washington, and Montana).
11. The German township of Büsingen am Hochrhein is entirely surrounded by Switzerland.
12. Switzerland claimed neutrality during WW2 and therefore thousands of people deposited their hard-earned money in Switzerland. When the depositors died, the relatives were denied any access to their funds, funds that the banks continued to make interest off. They also funneled hundreds of millions into Nazi Germany.
13. There has been an ongoing research in Switzerland about using LSD to alleviate end of life anxiety for terminally ill cancer patients coping with their impending deaths. The preliminary results from the study are being deemed “promising”.
14. Switzerland has no single Head of State. It instead has a seven-member executive council, which serves as the Swiss collective head of state.
15. About 56% of Electricity generated in Switzerland is from hydroelectricity and another 39% from nuclear power, resulting in a nearly CO2-free electricity-generating network.
16. The BBC pulled an April Fools prank, duping hundreds of thousands of individuals into thinking spaghetti was annually harvested from “spaghetti trees” in Switzerland.
17. There is a political party in Switzerland, called the “Anti Powerpoint Party”. It works towards decreasing the use of Powerpoint in professional presentations.
18. A lawyer in Switzerland represents animals in court. He has even prosecuted a fisherman for taking too long to catch a Pike.
19. Switzerland is abbreviated to ‘CH’ because of its Latin name, ‘Confoederatio Helvetica.’
20. Switzerland, which is often praised as a model for direct democracy, did not grant women the right to vote in any of the elections until 1990.
21. There is a giant three-legged chair in Geneva, Switzerland dedicated to the opposition of use of landmines.
22. The country of Liechtenstein is so small that in 2007, Swiss troops accidentally invaded it after getting lost in a rainstorm
23. Charlie Chaplin’s corpse was stolen by a small group of Swiss mechanics in an attempt to extort money from Chaplin’- Source family. After retrieving his body, he was reburied under 6 feet (1.8 m) of concrete to prevent further attempts.
24. Amongst industrialized nations, Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership, but has nearly half the rate of gun-related deaths that the United States has.
25. There was a war in Switzerland in 1802 called Stecklikrieg that was fought out with wooden clubs because Napoleon took away their weapons
26. The Swiss Army Knife’s corkscrew tool is not made in Switzerland, but in Japan. All other parts are pure Swiss-made.
27. The Swiss version of Santa Claus is normally accompanied by a very strange-looking individual with a blacked out face, whose job is to beat naughty children with sticks. The guy’s name is “Schmutzli”, which roughly translates to “Dirty”
28. The Swiss military keeps fully stocked artillery bunkers, disguised as quaint country homes, in the middle of populated villages.
29. The first ever youth hostel, established to protect the travelers from bandits, has been operating in the Swiss Alps for nearly 1,200 years.
30. Dalai Lama owns the smallest vineyard in the world, which is located in Switzerland. It consists of only three vines and has an area of 1.67 meters squared.
JeepnMike
10/24/2014 8:16am
Grizz wrote:
I have a question. If a privateer was tested and the results came back positive, would he also have to go all the way to switzerland...
The things that keep me up at night... I was wondering this exact thing, sort of. How bass ackwards is it that an American rider has to go to Switzerland, to find out what his penalty is, back in America.
APLMAN99
10/24/2014 8:24am
kongols wrote:
Wrong.
I understand that there's plenty of kooks out there who believe like you, but The Vatican City is a sovereign nation and could "launder" it's own money legally. There's no need to "launder" it in another nation where it doesn't create the law.

I'm not saying that the catholic church doesn't do things that I consider to be wrong or even immoral. Nor am I catholic. I'm just pointing out the silliness of this assertion. Perhaps it's just that you don't understand what "money laundering " really is?

500guy
10/24/2014 8:24am
Grizz wrote:
JeepnMike wrote:
The things that keep me up at night... I was wondering this exact thing, sort of. How bass ackwards is it that an American rider has...
The things that keep me up at night... I was wondering this exact thing, sort of. How bass ackwards is it that an American rider has to go to Switzerland, to find out what his penalty is, back in America.
Just the continued fall out from years ago with the AMA Jam Sports vs Clear Channel or what ever they were called.

Those guy's take pleasure in muddling our affairs.
AzTrooper
10/24/2014 9:41am
Just a thought but even if the hearing was yesterday that doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to make their decision the same day. It might take a while before they hand down their decision. Its possible that they might take some time to review and consider all the evidence etc before they render their decision. Like I said, its just a thought and purely speculation on my part but its possible.
John
Zracer
10/24/2014 9:50am
Id like to thank Jasonv43 for pointing out that Switzerland seems to be a way better place to live than the USA. It sounds like they have their shit together.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
10/24/2014 9:53am
AzTrooper wrote:
Just a thought but even if the hearing was yesterday that doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to make their decision the same day. It...
Just a thought but even if the hearing was yesterday that doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to make their decision the same day. It might take a while before they hand down their decision. Its possible that they might take some time to review and consider all the evidence etc before they render their decision. Like I said, its just a thought and purely speculation on my part but its possible.
John
Yep, that. I don't think they just give a thumbs up or thumbs down after hours of testimony.
kongols
10/24/2014 9:59am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2014 10:00am
kongols wrote:
Wrong.
APLMAN99 wrote:
I understand that there's plenty of kooks out there who believe like you, but The Vatican City is a sovereign nation and could "launder" it's own...
I understand that there's plenty of kooks out there who believe like you, but The Vatican City is a sovereign nation and could "launder" it's own money legally. There's no need to "launder" it in another nation where it doesn't create the law.

I'm not saying that the catholic church doesn't do things that I consider to be wrong or even immoral. Nor am I catholic. I'm just pointing out the silliness of this assertion. Perhaps it's just that you don't understand what "money laundering " really is?

I forgot to mention them laundering Nazi loot. Also through Switzerland.
jasonv43
10/24/2014 10:27am
Zracer wrote:
Id like to thank Jasonv43 for pointing out that Switzerland seems to be a way better place to live than the USA. It sounds like they...
Id like to thank Jasonv43 for pointing out that Switzerland seems to be a way better place to live than the USA. It sounds like they have their shit together.
Glad I could help. As a side note. I just got this in my work email and thought I would share it with you guys.

"Hi.

Need help to claim of US$3.3M insurance payout.Thereafter we can share it.IF YOUR INTERESTED, Reply for more info.

Regards.

Ms.L Vuka"

Should I contact her?
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
10/24/2014 11:19am
Zracer wrote:
Id like to thank Jasonv43 for pointing out that Switzerland seems to be a way better place to live than the USA. It sounds like they...
jasonv43 wrote:
Glad I could help. As a side note. I just got this in my work email and thought I would share it with you guys. [b]"Hi...
Glad I could help. As a side note. I just got this in my work email and thought I would share it with you guys.

"Hi.

Need help to claim of US$3.3M insurance payout.Thereafter we can share it.IF YOUR INTERESTED, Reply for more info.

Regards.

Ms.L Vuka"

Should I contact her?
Definitely! She sounds hot and apparently has mucho dinero. Score!

Say goodbye to DD and a big hello to Ms.Vuka, JasonV!
B-EVANS
10/24/2014 11:21am

O___o wrote:
It's not a country, it's a money laundering system for the Vatican. Always has been. [img]https://catholicphilly.com/media-files/2013/03/dolan-arrive-swiss-guard.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.huffpost.com/gen/1651714/thumbs/s-KERMIT-large640.jpg[/img]

Is that the new A-Star gear? Looks better than what Barcia wore last year
David Murphy
10/24/2014 11:28am
Zracer wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:
Glad I could help. As a side note. I just got this in my work email and thought I would share it with you guys. [b]"Hi...

"Hi.

Regards.

Ms.L Vuka"

Should I contact her?
Hey! that bitch sent me the same email. She is two timing us bro! Tongue
jasonv43
10/24/2014 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2014 1:06pm
Zracer wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:

"Hi.

Regards.

Ms.L Vuka"

Should I contact her?
Hey! that bitch sent me the same email. She is two timing us bro! Tongue
And I thought she was really into me. I'll help her claim the money but after that we are finished. You can have her.

She was a Ho, Fo Sho.Laughing
10/24/2014 4:11pm
enketchum wrote:
Any PR yet?
Will be released during the week next week id assume. Hearing was yesturday, they wont release a PR the day after lol.
DanDunes818
10/24/2014 5:18pm
jasonv43 wrote:
[b]30 Kickass and Interesting Facts About Switzerland[/b] 1. The average salary of a teacher in Switzerland in 2010 was $112000 per year. 2. In Switzerland, it...

3. Switzerland is unique for having enough nuclear fallout shelters to accommodate its entire human population.
4. In Switzerland, it is illegal to keep just one guinea pig. You got to have them in pairs
5. Men in Switzerland are required to keep the firearms they are issued during their military service at home even after they leave the military to prevent any home break ins and to have the countries men ready to mobilize in the event of a threat.
6. There is a 500-year-old statue of a man eating a sack of babies in Bern, Switzerland, and nobody is sure why.
7. A Swiss Jeweler made a $68 million ring that was made entirely out of diamond.
8. One of Switzerland’s main defense strategies is to demolish every main access into the country via roads, bridges, and railways. There are at least 3,000 locations currently prepared to blow at a moment’s notice in case of an attack.
9. In Switzerland, a group of citizens may challenge a law passed by Parliament, if they are able to gather 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days. A national vote is scheduled where voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law.
10. Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland. It is also legal in Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and three American states (Oregon, Washington, and Montana).
11. The German township of Büsingen am Hochrhein is entirely surrounded by Switzerland.
12. Switzerland claimed neutrality during WW2 and therefore thousands of people deposited their hard-earned money in Switzerland. When the depositors died, the relatives were denied any access to their funds, funds that the banks continued to make interest off. They also funneled hundreds of millions into Nazi Germany.
13. There has been an ongoing research in Switzerland about using LSD to alleviate end of life anxiety for terminally ill cancer patients coping with their impending deaths. The preliminary results from the study are being deemed “promising”.
14. Switzerland has no single Head of State. It instead has a seven-member executive council, which serves as the Swiss collective head of state.
15. About 56% of Electricity generated in Switzerland is from hydroelectricity and another 39% from nuclear power, resulting in a nearly CO2-free electricity-generating network.
16. The BBC pulled an April Fools prank, duping hundreds of thousands of individuals into thinking spaghetti was annually harvested from “spaghetti trees” in Switzerland.
17. There is a political party in Switzerland, called the “Anti Powerpoint Party”. It works towards decreasing the use of Powerpoint in professional presentations.
18. A lawyer in Switzerland represents animals in court. He has even prosecuted a fisherman for taking too long to catch a Pike.
19. Switzerland is abbreviated to ‘CH’ because of its Latin name, ‘Confoederatio Helvetica.’
20. Switzerland, which is often praised as a model for direct democracy, did not grant women the right to vote in any of the elections until 1990.
21. There is a giant three-legged chair in Geneva, Switzerland dedicated to the opposition of use of landmines.
22. The country of Liechtenstein is so small that in 2007, Swiss troops accidentally invaded it after getting lost in a rainstorm
23. Charlie Chaplin’s corpse was stolen by a small group of Swiss mechanics in an attempt to extort money from Chaplin’- Source family. After retrieving his body, he was reburied under 6 feet (1.8 m) of concrete to prevent further attempts.
24. Amongst industrialized nations, Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership, but has nearly half the rate of gun-related deaths that the United States has.
25. There was a war in Switzerland in 1802 called Stecklikrieg that was fought out with wooden clubs because Napoleon took away their weapons
26. The Swiss Army Knife’s corkscrew tool is not made in Switzerland, but in Japan. All other parts are pure Swiss-made.
27. The Swiss version of Santa Claus is normally accompanied by a very strange-looking individual with a blacked out face, whose job is to beat naughty children with sticks. The guy’s name is “Schmutzli”, which roughly translates to “Dirty”
28. The Swiss military keeps fully stocked artillery bunkers, disguised as quaint country homes, in the middle of populated villages.
29. The first ever youth hostel, established to protect the travelers from bandits, has been operating in the Swiss Alps for nearly 1,200 years.
30. Dalai Lama owns the smallest vineyard in the world, which is located in Switzerland. It consists of only three vines and has an area of 1.67 meters squared.
That is absolutely awesome. The wife and I already wanted to pack up the kids, but even more so now after I read that out loud to her. We have two hamsters so we should be all good.
Motodave15
10/24/2014 5:25pm
jasonv43 wrote:
[b]30 Kickass and Interesting Facts About Switzerland[/b] 1. The average salary of a teacher in Switzerland in 2010 was $112000 per year. 2. In Switzerland, it...

Reads like switzerland is the place to be!!!

Post a reply to: What Happened in Switzerland?

The Latest