What Brand is Mike Alessi Ridng...?

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 4:45pm
Mike Alessi just spent plenty of time FRONT & CENTER on my TV and I can't tell what BRAND HE'S RIDING!!!

Yes, -I- know it's an RMZ, an EXCELLENT bike; but, does the average person that tunes into SX? No, I don't mean you Moto-Kooks in here...ME included...I mean the "Average Joe or Jane" that the programming is aimed at.

Hey, Pat A. at ASMC...are you listening?

GET SOME YELLOW PLASTIC and Branding on Alessi!

Make sure EVERYONE knows that Zooks get Holeshots and lead races! Those bikes are damn good and they deserve the credit that they EARN by being such damn-good-machines!

I'm jus' sayin'...

Disclosure: I realize that my screen-name is Team Green and that ain't Very Zook; but, a Great Motorcycle is a Great Motorcycle: NO MATTER WHAT BRAND. I rode a Race prepped '11 Team R-Star Zook of Canada/RG3 suspended RMZ450 on the Beach in San Felipe last week...damn near ran it out of gas 'cause I didn't want to get off of it! Damn Nice and LIGHT feeling bike!
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/18/2012 11:16am
Duh. It's an MCR 450...which is how MotoConcepts wants it. Smile

I'm sure yellow plastic or Suzuki branding is possible, but would require some significant level of support, rather than Genova doing it out of his own pocket.
Paul333
3/18/2012 11:16am
I agree.

Suzuki should kick some support his way to earn Yellow plastic.

Maybe Alessi has burnt that bridge? I don't know.
TeamGreen
3/18/2012 11:21am
GuyB wrote:
Duh. It's an MCR 450...which is how MotoConcepts wants it. :) I'm sure yellow plastic or Suzuki branding is possible, but would require some significant level...
Duh. It's an MCR 450...which is how MotoConcepts wants it. Smile

I'm sure yellow plastic or Suzuki branding is possible, but would require some significant level of support, rather than Genova doing it out of his own pocket.
Actually, I'm willing to bet that Mike (G) would appreciate some support from the Motor Company...otherwise it IS an MCR450 until someone-else wants to kick down some support.

...that's if I were having to guess at what's goin' on...
3/18/2012 3:40pm
I think it looks like the illegitimate love child of an 86 white and red yamaha with an all-black, bro'd out Honda from the 90s. Then mix in that black and green gear and it looks like something slapped together at a garage sale. But I don't blame Genova for doing it: I'd be bitter in his shoes too. Suzuki should help him out and Kawasaki needs to throw more support at H and H too.

The Shop

fader418
3/18/2012 4:24pm
Does the "average joe" care?
MX Culture
3/18/2012 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2012 4:36pm
It's the ugliest bike out there hands down!

Hey TGreen, how about your boy Clark? 2 in a row!
stangbang
3/18/2012 4:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Mike Alessi just spent plenty of time FRONT & CENTER on my TV and I can't tell what BRAND HE'S RIDING!!! Yes, -I- know it's an...
Mike Alessi just spent plenty of time FRONT & CENTER on my TV and I can't tell what BRAND HE'S RIDING!!!

Yes, -I- know it's an RMZ, an EXCELLENT bike; but, does the average person that tunes into SX? No, I don't mean you Moto-Kooks in here...ME included...I mean the "Average Joe or Jane" that the programming is aimed at.

Make sure EVERYONE knows that Zooks get Holeshots and lead races! Those bikes are damn good and they deserve the credit that they EARN by being such damn-good-machines!

I'm jus' sayin'...

Disclosure: I realize that my screen-name is Team Green and that ain't Very Zook; but, a Great Motorcycle is a Great Motorcycle: NO MATTER WHAT BRAND. I rode a Race prepped '11 Team R-Star Zook of Canada/RG3 suspended RMZ450 on the Beach in San Felipe last week...damn near ran it out of gas 'cause I didn't want to get off of it! Damn Nice and LIGHT feeling bike!
Actually, the broadcast crew is doing a great job for suzuki, clearly stating everytime Alessi is on that its a suzi. Why would suzi pony up any dough now. lol
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
3/18/2012 4:42pm
fader418 wrote:
Does the "average joe" care?
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
3/18/2012 4:43pm
average joe ^^^^^^^
3/18/2012 5:37pm
Paul333 wrote:
I agree.

I dont think he burnt a bridge. I just dont think he's willing to run yellow plastics for pennies.

Good for MA for having some backbone.

Ive seen the Alessi's turn down sponsor money before. Tony's answer was "never mind the $3k, if its the best, we want to run it, keep your money"

Great thread TG.
Dsigner
3/18/2012 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2012 6:22pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Mike Alessi just spent plenty of time FRONT & CENTER on my TV and I can't tell what BRAND HE'S RIDING!!! Yes, -I- know it's an...

I'm jus' sayin'...

stangbang wrote:
Actually, the broadcast crew is doing a great job for suzuki, clearly stating everytime Alessi is on that its a suzi. Why would suzi pony up...
Actually, the broadcast crew is doing a great job for suzuki, clearly stating everytime Alessi is on that its a suzi. Why would suzi pony up any dough now. lol
^^^^ This! ^^^^

Calling Pat out here ain't gonna do it.
Spartacus
3/18/2012 6:27pm
To his point......

It ain't like the 'old' day when you could tell at a glance/distance who was who and riding what fairy easily. Clearly all the sponsors want to have their products noticed but it would seem that comes with a down side to the viewers imo.
Xeno
3/18/2012 6:37pm
The real question is this: If Mikey gets on the podium of a SX or National is he eligible for Suzuki contingency money, or does the bike need more yellow plastic and Suzuki logos?
newmann
3/18/2012 6:50pm
Remember the baby blue and white CCRider bikes a few years back when Suzuki cut support/contingency. The oems will sponsor the shit out of some amateurs but when they turn pro it's all over. WTF is up with that? Cut amateur support and kick it up at the pro level for shits sake.
3/18/2012 7:04pm
Xeno wrote:
The real question is this: If Mikey gets on the podium of a SX or National is he eligible for Suzuki contingency money, or does the...
The real question is this: If Mikey gets on the podium of a SX or National is he eligible for Suzuki contingency money, or does the bike need more yellow plastic and Suzuki logos?
It needs logos & colors
3/18/2012 7:10pm
And, IIRC Genova said that Suzuki pretty much blew them off, thats why MotoConcepts runs black plastics.
MXD
3/18/2012 8:21pm
Xeno wrote:
The real question is this: If Mikey gets on the podium of a SX or National is he eligible for Suzuki contingency money, or does the...
In order to qualify for contingency it needs a yellow front fender and the Suzuki logo on each shroud.
RaceFace
3/18/2012 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2012 9:25pm
Paul333 wrote:
I agree.

I dont think he burnt a bridge. I just dont think he's willing to run yellow plastics for pennies. Good for MA for having some backbone...
I dont think he burnt a bridge. I just dont think he's willing to run yellow plastics for pennies.

Good for MA for having some backbone.

Ive seen the Alessi's turn down sponsor money before. Tony's answer was "never mind the $3k, if its the best, we want to run it, keep your money"

Great thread TG.
...and everyone knows black plastic is the best!

Didn't see this thinking when he had to ride the 350 though.
Hando
3/18/2012 9:47pm
when suzuki helps MCR out..they will make that bike 100% yellow

till then...derp derp derp
MCR Boss
3/18/2012 11:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2012 11:08pm
Genova here to make it real simple and clear.

The bike makers are crying poor and rightfully so, they are in terms of bike sales. But with that said they are asking and getting teams to advertise and promote their brand with no financial support to the teams. Great deal for any business if you can get it.

I am not willing to work for free and I hope that the many other teams in the paddock will realize what MotoConcepts is trying to change, not just for our on sake but the other teams that are being taken advantage of also.

So that is why our bikes are our own look and scheme that doesn't represent any specific bike brand. Hence the MCR 450.

In response to Mx Culture post that our bikes are ugly, I must tell you how beautiful my bikes looked to me last night as we ripped three hole shots in one night in both the small and big bike class, against the beloved factory bikes and teams. In fact check the books, all five of our riders have pulled a hole shot on the MCR bike. That's not opinion,but fact.
bullpen58
3/18/2012 11:25pm
MCR Boss wrote:
Genova here to make it real simple and clear. The bike makers are crying poor and rightfully so, they are in terms of bike sales. But...

The bike makers are crying poor and rightfully so, they are in terms of bike sales. But with that said they are asking and getting teams to advertise and promote their brand with no financial support to the teams. Great deal for any business if you can get it.

I am not willing to work for free and I hope that the many other teams in the paddock will realize what MotoConcepts is trying to change, not just for our on sake but the other teams that are being taken advantage of also.

So that is why our bikes are our own look and scheme that doesn't represent any specific bike brand. Hence the MCR 450.

In response to Mx Culture post that our bikes are ugly, I must tell you how beautiful my bikes looked to me last night as we ripped three hole shots in one night in both the small and big bike class, against the beloved factory bikes and teams. In fact check the books, all five of our riders have pulled a hole shot on the MCR bike. That's not opinion,but fact.
I actually LIKE that you guys aren't running the standard colors. I believe we will see more of this in the future.

Also, I don't think the bike is fugly at all. Looks killer to me.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/18/2012 11:44pm
MCR Boss wrote:
Genova here to make it real simple and clear. The bike makers are crying poor and rightfully so, they are in terms of bike sales. But...

Thanks, Mike. Smile
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
3/18/2012 11:50pm
You might need to have a word to the commentators. They were going on about Suzuki when Alessi was up front.

Are you guys allowed to come up with you're own shaped plastics? That would be pretty sweet to see.
Fleece192
3/19/2012 4:34am
MCR Boss wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Thanks, Mike. Smile
3/19/2012 4:46am
MCR Boss wrote:

BobbyM
3/19/2012 5:24am
MCR Boss wrote:

kickfuggenass reply boss...the team looks pretty sharp to me and the jt gears kicks ass too.
Paul333
3/19/2012 5:36am
MCR Boss wrote:

RGR that, makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you for giving us the straight truth.
roughneck
3/19/2012 5:43am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 5:43am
All the bike needs is a few Lucky Strike non filter stickers..Might as well go back to cigarette sponsors now that the tree huggers are trying to get kids to stop eating dirtbikes Blink ..oooo and maybe Capt Morgan spiced rum...I put that one in there because..I like spiced rummmmDizzy
mark_swart
3/19/2012 7:52am
@ Genova -- I don't blame you guys at MCR one bit for branding it as an MCR 450 and going with your own color scheme. Good on ya!
MX Culture
3/19/2012 8:13am
Hey Mike, I know the team is on it.
Jake is killing it and I'm stoked for him right now.
Mike and Jeff have been looking good as well.
I didn't mean to bash the team as a whole or what you are doing, I just really don't like the look of the bikes.
I actually love the rig/pit shirts style of the grey/white/black theme and would love to see that on the bikes instead of gold/black/yellow/red/white that they currently are.
I just got to sick to my OPINION of the bikes' looks overall, and that will not affect your team or it's performance in any way.
DD

Post a reply to: What Brand is Mike Alessi Ridng...?

The Latest