Wey/Clason clip?

Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 5:51pm
My damn DVR didn't record the race this weekend so I've only seen the mains on YouTube... Anyone got a clip of Wey giving the business to Cade Clason for the qualifying spot this weekend?

Friese/Bloss too?
|
mb
5/3/2016 7:54am
Deleted the DVR, so no clip from me. Was gutted for Bloss, he was running a good race wish he could have powered through.

Leading up to the last turn I was getting nervous for Wey, Clason was pushing him wide in the whoops, rhythm sections, everywhere. Was awesome to see Wey flip the switch and clean him out like a pro.
5/3/2016 8:13am
Thank you gentlemen...

As instinctual as it is to hate on Friese for a move like that; Bloss definitely went too banazi into the whoops. If it was early in the race, I might race an eye brow.. but I honestly can't blame Vince for that.

Wey's was just savage Laughing But, again, final transfer spot on the line. Cade seems like a good kid. Hopefully he learned to protect his line a little better. I wonder if Wey said anything after the race..

The Shop

5/3/2016 8:23am
I thought it was a cheap shot by Wey. I lost a lot of respect for him. If that's the only way for him to make a main now its pretty pathetic.
NotCore
5/3/2016 8:26am
I thought it was a cheap shot by Wey. I lost a lot of respect for him. If that's the only way for him to make...
I thought it was a cheap shot by Wey. I lost a lot of respect for him. If that's the only way for him to make a main now its pretty pathetic.
Would you have more respect if he had not done what was necessary to make the main?
5/3/2016 8:31am
I thought it was a cheap shot by Wey. I lost a lot of respect for him. If that's the only way for him to make...
I can't call it clean... but I say he gets a hall pass given it was the FINAL transfer spot of the LCQ. Not the Heat, not the semi, not for 10th place in the main.. but to make the night show. If I'm a sponsor of Wey and I see him check up and visibly "hold back"; I'm really disappointed.

Can't blame ya (or anyone in Cade's camp) for screamin a big WTF though..
Chad198
5/3/2016 9:04am
Watch the few laps before... Wey was faster but Clason would just move over on him to block the line (as he should). Clason wasn't giving Wey any room so he made room. Last corner of the LCQ, everything is legal.
5/3/2016 9:10am
I hate the 55 but can't say I blame him for that one. Bloss needs to close the door on the last lap when you've got the final transfer.

Wey's move was brutal but Clason was on PulpMX and said he would have done the same. He did injure his shoulder and was a little bummed about that. I am sure Wey wasn't happy he hurt Clason, but last lap, last turn to make the show - you do what you gotta do.
MXD
5/3/2016 9:15am
Chad198 wrote:
Watch the few laps before... Wey was faster but Clason would just move over on him to block the line (as he should). Clason wasn't giving...
Watch the few laps before... Wey was faster but Clason would just move over on him to block the line (as he should). Clason wasn't giving Wey any room so he made room. Last corner of the LCQ, everything is legal.
I was about to say the same thing.
akillerwombat
5/3/2016 9:17am
Chad198 wrote:
Watch the few laps before... Wey was faster but Clason would just move over on him to block the line (as he should). Clason wasn't giving...
Clason wen't way too fucking wide on that last turn for how he was acting the last few laps. You close the door that many times on the person behind you – you better not decide to open up the door in the last turn.
Dezerted
5/3/2016 9:19am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 9:20am
I wish I could find a reason to blame Freise since I can't stand the way he races but I have zero problems with either move.

Clason kept trying to pinch Wey off down straights so he got punted.

Bloss just decided to ride that final bowl turn like he was on a Sunday stroll so Friese decided to wake him up..
dboivin
5/3/2016 9:20am
that was more of a "quit moving over on me in the whoops and cross jumping me" punt than it was a last ditch to get in the main. nick was trying to be nice for 2 laps.

when yer not as fast as the guy behind you...sometimes you gotta take your lumps.
newmann
5/3/2016 9:40am
Wey was just giving him a reminder that he should have paid his fuggin bills.

5/3/2016 9:43am
My damn DVR didn't record the race this weekend so I've only seen the mains on YouTube... Anyone got a clip of Wey giving the business...
My damn DVR didn't record the race this weekend so I've only seen the mains on YouTube... Anyone got a clip of Wey giving the business to Cade Clason for the qualifying spot this weekend?

Friese/Bloss too?
Same thing happened to me. Weird. It's the first time it hasn't recorded it, and the only freaking time I was out of town!
Titan1
5/3/2016 9:47am
Chad198 wrote:
MXD wrote:
I was about to say the same thing.
Yup...

Wey was all over him, clearly faster...but Clason was riding a wide bike. Last corner of the LCQ for the last transfer spot...better protect the inside...anything goes there as far as I'm concerned.

bh84
Fantasy
1830th
5/3/2016 9:49am
I tend to look at it as a "would you have made the corner without hitting him" thing. Wey would have, Friese would not have. Similar moves, but Wey executed better. He got under Clason and took his line away. Friese straight up T-Boned Bloss. Not to say Bloss did a good job of shutting the door, may as well have taken it off the hinges. But for me there's definitely a difference there. Anti-Firese bias, maybe, but to say they were the same move just because it was in the same corner is inaccuate to me.

Other thing is, Clason was riding a wide bike and blocking NYK pretty hard, Bloss made a perfectly clean pass on Friese.
5/3/2016 10:08am
Totally agree with this.
huck
5/3/2016 10:14am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 10:15am
Totally agree with this.
Passing slower riders on a track that doesn't have very many lines is why you two have lost respect for him? Brilliant!!!!
hasko158
5/3/2016 10:15am
bh84 wrote:
I tend to look at it as a "would you have made the corner without hitting him" thing. Wey would have, Friese would not have. Similar...
I tend to look at it as a "would you have made the corner without hitting him" thing. Wey would have, Friese would not have. Similar moves, but Wey executed better. He got under Clason and took his line away. Friese straight up T-Boned Bloss. Not to say Bloss did a good job of shutting the door, may as well have taken it off the hinges. But for me there's definitely a difference there. Anti-Firese bias, maybe, but to say they were the same move just because it was in the same corner is inaccuate to me.

Other thing is, Clason was riding a wide bike and blocking NYK pretty hard, Bloss made a perfectly clean pass on Friese.
Exactly, only reason Freise made the turn was he hit him so hard his bike turned towards the jump. Cade was border line cross jumping Wey who was clearly faster.
5/3/2016 10:18am
Totally agree with this.
huck wrote:
Passing slower riders on a track that doesn't have very many lines is why you two have lost respect for him? Brilliant!!!!
You must be brilliant if that's the way you view this.
DoctorJD
5/3/2016 10:21am
I saw the Frieze/Bloss thing live, and my gut reaction was that it was dirty. It really wasn't that bad. Looked like Bloss surrendered the inside line thinking he could cut down and counter Frieze's move. The "counter" didn't work out as he planned.

There must have been something else behind that Wey deal. That wasn't a block pass, that was a bitch-slap.
5/3/2016 10:56am
I would want my rider, the face of my team / product, to race hard but clean. That's how I would want to be represented on the track.
IWreckALot
5/3/2016 11:25am
I would want my rider, the face of my team / product, to race hard but clean. That's how I would want to be represented on...
I would want my rider, the face of my team / product, to race hard but clean. That's how I would want to be represented on the track.
You know what clean racing gets you?

A points chase. . . and nobody wants that.
5/3/2016 11:48am
That's pretty funny. Looks like we are headed towards just that. A points chase. Settle this racing stuff with a calculator.
5/3/2016 12:01pm
I would want my rider, the face of my team / product, to race hard but clean. That's how I would want to be represented on...
ya well do you want to be spending thousands so your rider can pack up before the main event?

some of you on here need to find a ballet forum it might be more your style
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/3/2016 12:05pm
Cool. What team and rider do you sponsor?
Calihusky
5/3/2016 12:36pm
Wey should have just used one of the whoops to jump directly over the tuff blocks and land on the face of the finish line jump

Post a reply to: Wey/Clason clip?

The Latest