Weston Peick article on RacerX

fidiot
Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 4:43pm
http://racerxonline.com/2015/04/21/breakdown-peicks-pace

I agree with Jason's analysis 100%. He is dead nuts on the point about things slowing down for him the longer he rides at that pace in the front.

If Peick comes into the 2016 SX season healthy and on the same team, he will be a podium threat every weekend, and probably get his first win.

I cannot remember another rider progressing so quickly. He has gone from not making all the mains to making the podium in 3 years? I just don't recall ever seeing another rider increase their speed so much over such a short period of time.

In a previous thread, someone called him cocky due to some comments he made at last weekends race. I think that is a good thing. The man believes he can win. If you don't believe it, then it won't happen. I think all champions need to be a little cocky, or they wouldn't have gotten to the top.

I hope JGR resigns him for 2016. He probably deserves a nice pay raise after how he has ridden this year, lol.
|
huck
4/21/2015 12:16pm
I think Weston likes pushing around other riders on the track, and gets pissy when they do it back to him. Typical bully mentality. He is a good racer though and it's cool to see him do well.

tek14
4/21/2015 12:33pm
Weston made it to top! Was sure couple years back he is done and peaked his career. Im sure i wasnt only one. Love watching him push the pace every weekend.
philG
4/21/2015 12:36pm
im a fan, simply because of the way he has gone about his business, coming in as a privateer outdoors guy , who maybe wasnt expected to be an SX threat . to a guy who has punched above his weight for the last 2 years, and is going to get the rewards that brings. Right now he is the top guy outside of the Honda and KTM camps , and the lack of butts on seats at Kawasaki might make him a sought after commodity , even if JGR have to pay bucks to keep him. He makes the Yamaha work , and i think his career path fits well with the Nascar boys.

I would love to see him have a good outdoor season , he could be the Junkyard Dog of the next 5 years.
KTMShane699
4/21/2015 1:22pm
I doubt Weston Peick will ever win a main (or Moto). His improvement has been dramatic, but it gets harder to maintain that curve the closer to the top you get.

I could be wrong, and if I am I'll certainly admit it.

Shane

The Shop

4/21/2015 1:43pm
When a rider starts to put podiums together a win isn't too far behind.
rosebud441
4/21/2015 1:49pm
Certainly gave Dungy a run last weekend in his heat.. even seemed to get under Dung's skin a little..
Although his riding at times seem sorta spaztic, going back to his whiskey throttle crash a few weeks ago, I would be nervous riding around that guy.
4/21/2015 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 2:02pm
After his interviews, I get the vibe that he feels that he is better or higher up than most. He got pissy with Dungey, the champ in practice. He got upset with Anderson "being in the way" when Anderson was passing him and he really doesnt give two shits about any of the fans and what they have to say good/bad in his Racer X interview. "They just sit on their ass while I do what I love and collect my checks." Homeboy needs to back it down a bit before his head explodes out of that helmet. He's better than 99.9% of posters here, but he didnt seem to have this god attitude when everyone would vouch for him to get on a factory bike
luckyguy19
4/21/2015 2:52pm
How he does outdoors will say a lot. He may have been close to Dungey the last couple of weeks, but you know Dungey is the favorite for outdoors, will Peick still be able to hang. My gut says no.
ChrisB10
4/21/2015 2:59pm
His riding sryle is going to hurt him. He spends 2x as much energy per lap as Dungey. He can overcome that for a 20 min main with the right training but now way two 30+2 motos.
DownSouth
4/21/2015 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 3:02pm
huck wrote:
I think Weston likes pushing around other riders on the track, and gets pissy when they do it back to him. Typical bully mentality. He is...
I think Weston likes pushing around other riders on the track, and gets pissy when they do it back to him. Typical bully mentality. He is a good racer though and it's cool to see him do well.

That sums up pretty much every rider. They all like to bump but dislike being bumped into.
KTMShane699
4/21/2015 3:17pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
His riding sryle is going to hurt him. He spends 2x as much energy per lap as Dungey. He can overcome that for a 20 min...
His riding sryle is going to hurt him. He spends 2x as much energy per lap as Dungey. He can overcome that for a 20 min main with the right training but now way two 30+2 motos.
He hasn't even really overcome that in a twenty minute main. He's started up front. And he's started towards the back. End results don't vary that much. The closer you get to the top, the harder it is to improve.

We will see. But I'm predicting worse results outdoors than indoors.

Shane
gerg
4/21/2015 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 3:57pm
"They just sit on their ass while I do what I love and collect my checks."

Was really behind this guy on his rise up through the ranks and always hoped he'd get a decent ride etc.
Now he appears to be one of those Justin Bieber types that goes from normal unassuming person to complete and utter arse face when they get their 15 mins of fame.

Liking him less and less and happy to keep sitting on my ass collecting my checks while doing what I love as well. Of course things can always be taken out of context so interesting to see if it becomes the norm with him.

Would still like to see the prick win a main though he is really shaking things up.
WeiserGuy
4/21/2015 4:43pm
My man. Heat race win, check. Main event podium, check. He can win & will. Amazing people still doubt him.

Post a reply to: Weston Peick article on RacerX

The Latest