Wes Welker - 4 Games for Amphetamines

Edited Date/Time 9/9/2014 3:39pm
Feld and MX Sports should have hired the NFL to do their drug testing. The issue would already be settled.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000388423/article/wes-welker-suspe…

|
Spartacus
9/2/2014 6:59pm
The NFL doesn't give a crap about athletes, they just want to make money and need players on the field.
albythizzle
9/2/2014 6:59pm
He is not a "star" in the NFL, No special rules, this may cause a shit storm!
9/2/2014 7:00pm
No. The NFL policies are a huge mess.

They don't test for HGH. Can you believe that? Human growth hormone is tacitly endorsed by the NFL.

Also, the NFL testing is very secretive. The substance that the player tested positive is never disclosed to the public. The fans and the media have to either speculate or take the word or the player's attorneys.

As for Wes Welker, sounds like he had a great time at the Kentucky Derby this year. Won over $50k and was handing out C-Notes to random people. To think that he was high as a kite when this picture was taken is hilarious:

es337
9/2/2014 7:01pm
its claimed he was on molly at that race

The Shop

9/2/2014 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2014 8:33pm
"Molly" is not a PED.
While nobody would ever take Molly as a PED, Molly cut with an amphetamine will lead to a positive test for a banned substance.This is true in the NFL, SX, and MX.

Amphetamines are roundly considered to be drugs that are performance enhancing, regardless of whether they are prescribed or not.
9/2/2014 8:29pm
4 games? Good thing he did not beat up his girl friend!!! NFL would throw the book at him,
agn5009
9/2/2014 9:11pm
1911 wrote:
4 games? Good thing he did not beat up his girl friend!!! NFL would throw the book at him,
This response is getting so old. I'm not a ray rice or ravens fan but people like you just don't get it. The nfl has a policy in order that if you test positive then you get a set suspension. They implemented that rule because they were faced with the drug problems and they were mighty prevalent. They didn't have a policy in order for domestic violence up until like 2 weeks ago. Should they have? Yes, absolutely. The important thing is, they now have a policy that if you're guilty of domestic violence it's an automatic 6 game suspension.

And before you start blaming the nfl let me ask you something. Does your employer have an active policy against domestic violence in order? I highly doubt it. Do they have an order stating if you are drug tested and fail you will be disciplined or possibly fired? Most likely. You can't expect any organization to have a policy in place for absolutely every single crime. It's impossible. Have you ever seen any states crimes code? There's literally thousands. The only thing an organization can do sometimes is deal with these situations as they come about. Once a certain issue is coming up more often they then will deal with it and implement a punishment.
h&m_cycle
9/3/2014 12:41am
NFL doesn't even test blood, just urine, union claims it's a privacy issue. Those guys are bigger & faster then ever,
zehn
9/3/2014 12:59am
1911 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
This response is getting so old. I'm not a ray rice or ravens fan but people like you just don't get it. The nfl has a...
This response is getting so old. I'm not a ray rice or ravens fan but people like you just don't get it. The nfl has a policy in order that if you test positive then you get a set suspension. They implemented that rule because they were faced with the drug problems and they were mighty prevalent. They didn't have a policy in order for domestic violence up until like 2 weeks ago. Should they have? Yes, absolutely. The important thing is, they now have a policy that if you're guilty of domestic violence it's an automatic 6 game suspension.

And before you start blaming the nfl let me ask you something. Does your employer have an active policy against domestic violence in order? I highly doubt it. Do they have an order stating if you are drug tested and fail you will be disciplined or possibly fired? Most likely. You can't expect any organization to have a policy in place for absolutely every single crime. It's impossible. Have you ever seen any states crimes code? There's literally thousands. The only thing an organization can do sometimes is deal with these situations as they come about. Once a certain issue is coming up more often they then will deal with it and implement a punishment.
Comparing the average Joe's employer to the NFL is not very smart. Those players (especially guys like Ray Rice) are innately public figures and have an image and brand to upkeep. They should have had DV rules a long time ago.
Thor34103
9/3/2014 3:19am
1911 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
This response is getting so old. I'm not a ray rice or ravens fan but people like you just don't get it. The nfl has a...

zehn wrote:
Comparing the average Joe's employer to the NFL is not very smart. Those players (especially guys like Ray Rice) are innately public figures and have an...
Comparing the average Joe's employer to the NFL is not very smart. Those players (especially guys like Ray Rice) are innately public figures and have an image and brand to upkeep. They should have had DV rules a long time ago.
DV rules? What does David Vullimum have to due with the National Football League?
freeh
9/3/2014 3:59am
DV rules means you can slap someone like a little girl but not actually hurt anyone. Wink
hvaughn88
9/3/2014 4:25am
Maybe if moto guys want to have a voice in their PED policy, they should actually do something about it. The players union is why he only got 4 games. And to the guy who said welker isn't a star in the nfl - are you serious? Welker is very well known and a huge name in the football world. Do me a favor and check some of his stats for the past few years. It might surprise you.
agn5009
9/3/2014 5:07am
1911 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:

zehn wrote:
Comparing the average Joe's employer to the NFL is not very smart. Those players (especially guys like Ray Rice) are innately public figures and have an...
Anyone who considers these people role models should be slapped. They're professional athletes and that's it. People act like they have to be something their not. They catch a ball for a living, they never claimed to be good role models. My kids will be taught to respect what they do on the field because they're great athletes, but look up to people who actually make a difference in their lives.

And tell me something. Why should the nfl be different than any other employer? Why are athletes held to a much higher standard than people who live every day normal lives? It makes no sense when the only argument is "well they're public figures" it's your fault if you look up to or allow your kids to look up to these people.
Ardfarkl
9/3/2014 5:31am
I gotta say I was suprised by this one. Wes seems to be such a stand up guy. So much for what I know!
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
9/3/2014 5:38am
Ardfarkl wrote:
I gotta say I was suprised by this one. Wes seems to be such a stand up guy. So much for what I know!
So if you are a good person, but partake in a few party drugs you're a pc of sh*t?
P
9/3/2014 5:52am
Feld and MX Sports should have hired the NFL to do their drug testing. The issue would already be settled.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000388423/article/wes-welker-suspe…

Personally, I think that the riders should be strong enough to stand together an form a union that can work on their behalf to set guidelines for this kind of thing. Feld and MX Sports pretty much gave up any power in these situations from what I can tell, other than just saying they don't want to use this testing body or that testing body. There was never a huge cry from the riders or the public that "moto needs to be cleaned up" so there really wasn't any reason to do it. Lastly, just the fact that "rumors" were all over the internet at least a day before Stewart was even notified speaks volumes about the process within moto.

P
9/3/2014 6:07am
Ardfarkl wrote:
Wes Issues Statement

“I wouldn't have any idea where to get a Molly or what a Molly is,” Welker said. “That's a joke. I don't do marijuana, I don't do drugs. I don't do any drugs.”

I'm confused about, "that's a joke." Does he mean that this test result is a joke, or that he knows what a molly is?
enketchum
9/3/2014 6:28am
Molly is ecstasy. Stop saying it's different
9/3/2014 7:02am
"Molly" is not a PED.
TripleFive wrote:
While nobody would ever take Molly as a PED, Molly cut with an amphetamine will lead to a positive test for a banned substance.This is true...
While nobody would ever take Molly as a PED, Molly cut with an amphetamine will lead to a positive test for a banned substance.This is true in the NFL, SX, and MX.

Amphetamines are roundly considered to be drugs that are performance enhancing, regardless of whether they are prescribed or not.
Molly is a form of amphetamine. Google what MDMA actually stands for!.
Bradford155
9/3/2014 7:09am
"Molly" is not a PED.
TripleFive wrote:
While nobody would ever take Molly as a PED, Molly cut with an amphetamine will lead to a positive test for a banned substance.This is true...

Molly is a form of amphetamine. Google what MDMA actually stands for!.
If he took Molly, because it's pure, he wouldn't have tested positive under the NFL drug testing policies.
If he took something like ecstasy, because they need something to hold the MDMA in pill form, could have slneting like Adderal etc in it.
Bradford155
9/3/2014 7:10am
Before the google squad returns.

PFT reports that in Welker's case, the "Molly" was cut with amphetamines, and he took it at the most recent Kentucky Derby. PFT's Mike Florio speculates that straight MDMA would not have triggered a suspendable result under the league's policies against performance-enhancing drugs and overall substance abuse, but that the presence of amphetamines did.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/02/wes-welker-suspended-amphetamines-moll…
Gym Briggs
9/3/2014 7:47am
So if he would have gotten good party drugs he would have been fine. Unfortunately he got some cheap shit now he is paying the price? Remember kids if your going to do club drugs don't do ecstasy do Molly cause it's pure! Lmao!

This whole drug testing thing is stupid. If you really want to see what's going on let's take a real look at the bikes. You think they are all legal? If they want to risk health by doing shit to their body that's on their mind. If the seven deuce deuce started taking HGH it's not going to make him a podium contender.
hvaughn88
9/3/2014 9:00am
I'm not gonna quote your BS, but you sure like to play moderator don't you, enketchum?
JeepnMike
9/3/2014 9:11am
you know whats awesome? I dont even know who wes welker is?
I think he is Dirk Diggler's brother Laughing
Outsider
9/3/2014 9:17am
freeh wrote:
DV rules means you can slap someone like a little girl but not actually hurt anyone. Wink
Funny shit!!

Post a reply to: Wes Welker - 4 Games for Amphetamines

The Latest