Well, that was ugly...

Grieby54
9/30/2012 8:00am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 3:47pm
First of all, congrats to Germany and Belgium - both teams rode very well and deserve their finishes.

Also, nice job by AC on his first solid showing at an MXdN - really blew the doors off of everyone short of Herlings. Herlings, however, I think would have won pretty handily had he not finished the first lap in 28th. Both riders were on a whole other level.

Now on the the USA team. Wow... that was ugly from the beginning. Ryan Dungey was terrible. I think he made maybe 3 passes in all of his races combined? Very, very disappointing appearance from him. Baggett was alright - his second moto was much better than his first. Barcia was good and bad - I have no idea what the hell was going through his head in his first moto when he ran straight into DeDyker (I think it was). Also, I don't know whether Dungey went down completely on his own or if part of it was from Barcia getting squirrelly in front of him, but either way maybe make your pass in a smarter place. His second moto was a very solid showing, though.

Gotta love the boo's from the crowd when USA was announced on the podium. You stay classy Europe Wink
|
9/30/2012 8:03am
Grieby54 wrote:
First of all, congrats to Germany and Belgium - both teams rode very well and deserve their finishes. Also, nice job by AC on his first...
First of all, congrats to Germany and Belgium - both teams rode very well and deserve their finishes.

Also, nice job by AC on his first solid showing at an MXdN - really blew the doors off of everyone short of Herlings. Herlings, however, I think would have won pretty handily had he not finished the first lap in 28th. Both riders were on a whole other level.

Now on the the USA team. Wow... that was ugly from the beginning. Ryan Dungey was terrible. I think he made maybe 3 passes in all of his races combined? Very, very disappointing appearance from him. Baggett was alright - his second moto was much better than his first. Barcia was good and bad - I have no idea what the hell was going through his head in his first moto when he ran straight into DeDyker (I think it was). Also, I don't know whether Dungey went down completely on his own or if part of it was from Barcia getting squirrelly in front of him, but either way maybe make your pass in a smarter place. His second moto was a very solid showing, though.

Gotta love the boo's from the crowd when USA was announced on the podium. You stay classy Europe Wink
the boo's where probably because everyone was saying america was going to clean up again, and they didnt so they thought they would rub it in a little ;-) .. but congrats to germany !
ehr400
I was just going to say the same thing. The last times in the USA for MXDN everyone on the podiums got mad love from the crowd. Last year in France and this year we get boos. Fucking classy, and I am sure most of them are posters here.
ehr400
Grieby54 wrote:
First of all, congrats to Germany and Belgium - both teams rode very well and deserve their finishes. Also, nice job by AC on his first...

the boo's where probably because everyone was saying america was going to clean up again, and they didnt so they thought they would rub it in...
the boo's where probably because everyone was saying america was going to clean up again, and they didnt so they thought they would rub it in a little ;-) .. but congrats to germany !
And you just verified it. Stay classy.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
9/30/2012 8:05am
LOL. Says the country that cheered when Roczen crashed in his qualifying heat at Thunder Valley. Don't act like your shit don't stink

The Shop

clungey
9/30/2012 8:06am
Way to spoil a great day of MX..
mmcmx
9/30/2012 8:06am
I cheered for them las year. I cant understand booing. It was an awesome day to be a motocross fan.
9/30/2012 8:07am
Yeah, Herlings and AC are pretty impressive in the sand. It would seem they would not stuggle that bad over here as we would over there overall. Granted, our top guys would probably win on the harder tracks over there but really struggle in the sand whereas they are still good on the hard stuff so would do better over here. So I guess that would make them better all around but only cause they ride that stuff. Its a little bit of humble pie for sure.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
Derpin' DJ wrote:
LOL. Says the country that cheered when Roczen crashed in his qualifying heat at Thunder Valley. Don't act like your shit don't stink
How does a country cheer?
Says the country who boo's there own riders - RC, JS... LOL!
kongols
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Yeah, a lot of sour grapes.
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 8:11am
the boo's where probably because everyone was saying america was going to clean up again, and they didnt so they thought they would rub it in...
"everyone was saying america was going to clean up agai"

Can you blame them? We have for so many years it just became repetitive after the god knows how many times.
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 8:14am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 8:16am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
A country can cheer?
Tyrell
9/30/2012 8:17am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
GuyB wrote:
How does a country cheer?
Same way a Continent "Boos" I guess!

I have a feeling Team USA will have the last laugh in Germany next year though.
9/30/2012 8:18am
im completely fine with how our riders did. i know with out a doubt that they gave it their all.

also, dont act like americans dont boo. they boo our own riders.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
9/30/2012 8:18am
Cheering when someone comes off is just as bad IMO. I'm sure there was booing there; I never watched the interviews from that race.

Heck, you can hear people shouting shit out at riders at every week of the nationals. People telling Roczen to go back to Germany. Even Dungey gets heckled.

All I'm saying is, don't act like saints.
SlowMoFo
9/30/2012 8:20am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
What position did Australia finished in? Stop swinging from other peoples nuts!
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 8:22am
kongols wrote:
Yeah, a lot of sour grapes.
It's gotta be tiresome to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon doesn't it?
9/30/2012 8:23am
I'm extremely happy to see the GP riders beat the National riders and for America to lose the title (just being honest here), however there should remain an certain level of respect - after all, it only means so much in the first place because America has been so strong. Booing the riders was so fu@king lame! It's not like Ryan, Blake and Justin can help what people type. Show some respect God damn it!

But having said that it thankfully didn't last long. Idiots in every country and on both sides of this National vs GP thing I guess.
PRM31
9/30/2012 8:24am
Great rides by the Germans and Belgians. They earned it! KTM was impressive across the board as well.Not sure what to say about team USA. Dungey is clearly capable of riding fast, but he has consistently shown he has a weakness when it comes to passing. Did he have bike problems after his wreck?? Barcia was pretty solid and Baggett was okay. In the end they were schooled in the sand, the results speak for themselves.
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 8:24am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Cheering when someone comes off is just as bad IMO. I'm sure there was booing there; I never watched the interviews from that race. Heck, you...
Cheering when someone comes off is just as bad IMO. I'm sure there was booing there; I never watched the interviews from that race.

Heck, you can hear people shouting shit out at riders at every week of the nationals. People telling Roczen to go back to Germany. Even Dungey gets heckled.

Laughing

I'm guessing you've never been to race before? Please tell me more....
ehr400
9/30/2012 8:26am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Cheering when someone comes off is just as bad IMO. I'm sure there was booing there; I never watched the interviews from that race. Heck, you...

Big difference in Roczans crash because he was battling with Trey and it was for first. They didn't boo they cheered because Trey was now in first.

The crowd booing is classless. We have shit heads here too that boo our own guys but doesn't take away the way the crowd acted. Like I said, the last few MXDN's here brought rounds of applause for everyone.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
9/30/2012 8:26am
SlowMoFo wrote:
What position did Australia finished in? Stop swinging from other peoples nuts!
How is that "swinging from someone elses nuts"? I'm just saying, don't look down on the 'euros' for booing America. Every country does it, even Americans
ehr400
9/30/2012 8:27am
I'm extremely happy to see the GP riders beat the National riders and for America to lose the title (just being honest here), however there should...
I'm extremely happy to see the GP riders beat the National riders and for America to lose the title (just being honest here), however there should remain an certain level of respect - after all, it only means so much in the first place because America has been so strong. Booing the riders was so fu@king lame! It's not like Ryan, Blake and Justin can help what people type. Show some respect God damn it!

But having said that it thankfully didn't last long. Idiots in every country and on both sides of this National vs GP thing I guess.
Well said.

Except seeing us lose. Lol.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1267th
9/30/2012 8:31am
Grieby54 wrote:

u gotta understand the boos are generated by all the bragging that goes on forums like this. We've heard boos against CR22, RC and JS7 in our own series. Crowds will be crowds.
FARANG
9/30/2012 8:33am
Great event, hopefully we'll see a bit more respect for the likes of JH and AC now that we've seen what they can do when they're in their element. The World Championship is for real.

US battled hard, no shame in that performance at all.
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 8:35am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
How is that "swinging from someone elses nuts"? I'm just saying, don't look down on the 'euros' for booing America. Every country does it, even Americans
You didn't answer the question, what place did Australia finish in?
kongols
9/30/2012 8:37am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
BR_HERO wrote:
You`re an idiot, you were an idiot when you were Statutory Ape and you`re still an idiot as BR LOSER.
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 8:40am
kongols wrote:
You`re an idiot, you were an idiot when you were Statutory Ape and you`re still an idiot as BR LOSER.
Laughing

It's pretty cool to think that someone from the other side of the world is always thinking about me, thanks !!! Smile
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
9/30/2012 8:41am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
BR_HERO wrote:
who gives a fuck, we'd smash you at cricket
barrs211
9/30/2012 8:42am
PRM31 wrote:
Great rides by the Germans and Belgians. They earned it! KTM was impressive across the board as well.Not sure what to say about team USA. Dungey...
Great rides by the Germans and Belgians. They earned it! KTM was impressive across the board as well.Not sure what to say about team USA. Dungey is clearly capable of riding fast, but he has consistently shown he has a weakness when it comes to passing. Did he have bike problems after his wreck?? Barcia was pretty solid and Baggett was okay. In the end they were schooled in the sand, the results speak for themselves.
The pub i was in watching the MXON, when baggett and barcia got lapped the whole pub was laughing, kinda disrespectful but to be honest no one actually thought the 2012 AMA 250 champ would get LAPPED by a "second class rider" as some people on here said. I say well done to Herlings and Cairoli for once again proving why they both are World Champions. Class riding !!

Post a reply to: Well, that was ugly...

The Latest