Well if there is one thing that the USGP made perfectly clear last weekend

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 9/25/2015 6:14pm
it's the fact that no single country has cornered the market on fast mofos on dirtbikes.

Great racers can be from anywhere in the world and can compete everywhere in the world.

I still say a comfortable and confident RV would make anyone here or there racing for 2nd.
|
DL
9/24/2015 1:32pm
Agree on the first part.
DPR250R
9/24/2015 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2015 6:16pm
The Source does not agree... half the UK as well.
h&m_cycle
9/24/2015 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2015 2:50pm
I think that RV would of won the USGP... But you never know, mechanical, crash, taken out in the first turn...
Great rider that won 12 450 overalls & one GP overall...

The Shop

Zracer
9/24/2015 3:16pm
BobbyM wrote:
it's the fact that no single country has cornered the market on fast mofos on dirtbikes. Great racers can be from anywhere in the world and...
it's the fact that no single country has cornered the market on fast mofos on dirtbikes.

Great racers can be from anywhere in the world and can compete everywhere in the world.

I still say a comfortable and confident RV would make anyone here or there racing for 2nd.
Make sure he brings his ass pillow. I still say a comfortable and confident RV..... would only be on the mic and signing shirts, cause he is freakin retired. Let it go.
Highsider
9/24/2015 5:05pm
Can't compare GPs to US. Totally different racing
"Oh, really?
I hadn't hear that before." *

*Trademarked
BobbyM
9/24/2015 6:01pm
BobbyM wrote:
it's the fact that no single country has cornered the market on fast mofos on dirtbikes. Great racers can be from anywhere in the world and...

Zracer wrote:
Make sure he brings his ass pillow. I still say a comfortable and confident RV..... would only be on the mic and signing shirts, cause he...
Make sure he brings his ass pillow. I still say a comfortable and confident RV..... would only be on the mic and signing shirts, cause he is freakin retired. Let it go.
what the fuck are you babbling bro? I never grabbed it before.
BobbyM
9/24/2015 6:02pm
Can't compare GPs to US. Totally different racing
we just did...damn.
Camp332
9/24/2015 6:11pm
Everyone here is drunk! Go home
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
9/24/2015 6:38pm
DL wrote:
Agree on the first part.
But not the 2nd part?
MotoX85
9/24/2015 7:16pm
I disagree, after being there in person, I think we have established that they would be lucky to break into the top five. I am a big fan of Fevbre and am a new fan of GP and will continue to be because I love their attitudes of wanting to be the fastest and are not just there for a paycheck.

But Tomac, Barcia, Stewart, Dungey, and (I really don't care but) and healthy RV would have been 30 seconds ahead. If not more. Those are the Americans, add in Roczen and Fevbre would have been lucky to place 7th.

And in fact, although I am still a fan of GPs and that will not change, it has actually convinced me otherwise that the US nationals have the fastest riders. WHEN THEY SHOW UP, still pissed about that.

BUT, we were on US soil, Cairoli was not healthy and it was very hot (not really for my Midwest butt) but I am sure the Euros were not doing well with the heat.

It did however show me that 461 is no fluke and deserved to be champion, the way he was coming down Mt St Helen was amazing and easily made 5 bikes up on every lap and his endurance was top notch. Also you have to show up to win so no matter how fast I think whoever is, if they didn't show up, they ARE NOT faster that day. Barcia and Martin have an excuse, all the others need to do some explaining.
MotoX85
9/24/2015 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2015 7:20pm

The GPs were awesome, it was a great father / son adventure, definately a bucket list check mark, and I will try to hit this race every year that we can.

AWESOME!!!!
watson
9/24/2015 8:05pm
struth wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/09/24/106035/s1200_s1200_Bad_Post.jpg[/img]

Anyone who isn't a blind series fanboy should have no problem with the first sentence of OP's post.
PressPassP
9/25/2015 3:17am
MotoX85 wrote:
I disagree, after being there in person, I think we have established that they would be lucky to break into the top five. I am a...
I disagree, after being there in person, I think we have established that they would be lucky to break into the top five. I am a big fan of Fevbre and am a new fan of GP and will continue to be because I love their attitudes of wanting to be the fastest and are not just there for a paycheck.

But Tomac, Barcia, Stewart, Dungey, and (I really don't care but) and healthy RV would have been 30 seconds ahead. If not more. Those are the Americans, add in Roczen and Fevbre would have been lucky to place 7th.

And in fact, although I am still a fan of GPs and that will not change, it has actually convinced me otherwise that the US nationals have the fastest riders. WHEN THEY SHOW UP, still pissed about that.

BUT, we were on US soil, Cairoli was not healthy and it was very hot (not really for my Midwest butt) but I am sure the Euros were not doing well with the heat.

It did however show me that 461 is no fluke and deserved to be champion, the way he was coming down Mt St Helen was amazing and easily made 5 bikes up on every lap and his endurance was top notch. Also you have to show up to win so no matter how fast I think whoever is, if they didn't show up, they ARE NOT faster that day. Barcia and Martin have an excuse, all the others need to do some explaining.
I agree with Bobby M fast guys are from all over and the diversity of tracks we see them race on is a treat
We don't know where anyone would place, Febvre 7th or a fully fit Cairoli,Desalle,Nagl in there too,but many were dropping like flies in that heat.The US riders would generally have the edge at home,same as Euros at selected tracks over here,a lot of Euros hate Lommel too you know!

I'm glad we saw some great racing,it proves the interest is pretty big when all these different guys get together too
9/25/2015 3:43am
Febvre is the real deal. Remember that mud race where he crashed and bent his bars like a pretzel? Picked himself up and I think finished first with those ridiculous bent bars. Simpson and the other top guys over there are too.
jamma10
9/25/2015 4:19am
MotoX85 wrote:
I disagree, after being there in person, I think we have established that they would be lucky to break into the top five. I am a...

Desalle already has five top 5 Outdoor National moto finishes in the US.

Not forgetting the fact that Josh Grant is actually a pretty good benchmark at Glen Helen;

downard254
9/25/2015 4:33am
I think the speed of the GP regulars is deceiving, and I believe that for me the television coverage is partly to blame. I'm not thrilled with the camera placements at the GP races and it seems there are too few of them. I also think that in the US promoters push the visual appeal of speed, or the impression of it. On TV it appears the National riders are going faster, but when you pair them up on the same tracks, the speed of the top riders seem very close.
This just my observation.
TXDirt
9/25/2015 6:46am
American's are good on American tracks. They struggle on the super rough and varied terrain of the GP's. This is why it takes a solid year (or more) to get use to the GP series. The tracks are so different week to week. It's more old school motocross in a lot of ways. Less jumps, less track prep, sand one week, shit hard pack the next. Mud and dust on same track.

American tracks are meticulously prepped for the most part. With the exception of all the jumps I think the Utah track closely resembles a GP track because of how shitty it was. It got rough and hard pack and mud in some spots. It was just a general crap track and that''s how a lot of the GP tracks are with regards to track prep. I am only talking about prep and how the track really deteriorated during the day. Not the venue or style of track. Just the prep and maintenance of it.

America has some very iconic tracks, Unadilla and Glen Helen are two that are also closer to a GP style track then anything else we have. This is probably why GP riders do better on these tracks then others in our U.S. series.

The GP riders have significantly closed the speed gap on U.S. riders. That's been very evident over the years. After watching more GP's this year and seeing some of those tracks I definitely have a lot more respect for them then before. It was fun to watch them try and handle those tracks. Just gnarly motocross for sure.
9/25/2015 7:34am
downard254 wrote:
I think the speed of the GP regulars is deceiving, and I believe that for me the television coverage is partly to blame. I'm not thrilled...
I think the speed of the GP regulars is deceiving, and I believe that for me the television coverage is partly to blame. I'm not thrilled with the camera placements at the GP races and it seems there are too few of them. I also think that in the US promoters push the visual appeal of speed, or the impression of it. On TV it appears the National riders are going faster, but when you pair them up on the same tracks, the speed of the top riders seem very close.
This just my observation.
And what of the Grassy knoll? Was it possibly the driver or even Jacklyn Kennedy?

The CIA had a lot to lose, follow the money man.

Just messing with you. Tongue
Desrtracer
9/25/2015 8:39am
These conversations always crack me up. The two are completely different and the tracks are different and if RV would have had this whole year to figure it out I have no doubt that he would dominate the GP's just like I think if you sent Caroli or Fevbre over here and gave them a year to learn the tracks they would be definite top 5's and we have seen this happen with roczen and musquin. Stop debating it both sides of the pond are fast and the top guys given time can dominate anywhere.
mauidex
9/25/2015 9:02am
The Rock wrote:
Personally I like pancakes
you better change that to crepes monsieurCool
9/25/2015 9:38am
I think the GP supporters are very absent after an American rookie 450 debut and Josh Grant...
Febvre won , who cares about the rest Wink
The Rock
9/25/2015 12:04pm
The Rock wrote:
Personally I like pancakes
mauidex wrote:
you better change that to crepes monsieurCool
Well said!
BigDaddyG
9/25/2015 3:17pm
How was spectator turn out? From the tv it looked like it was pretty weak compared to the normal GP crowd or even an outdoor national. Which I find as crazy, I mean, moto is moto and top pro's are bad ass to watch no mater what side of the pond they come from.

Just curious.
Danny77
9/25/2015 3:28pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
How was spectator turn out? From the tv it looked like it was pretty weak compared to the normal GP crowd or even an outdoor national...
How was spectator turn out? From the tv it looked like it was pretty weak compared to the normal GP crowd or even an outdoor national. Which I find as crazy, I mean, moto is moto and top pro's are bad ass to watch no mater what side of the pond they come from.

Just curious.
its a shame that more spectators don't show up and support the gp , i'm sure enough turn out for the national held there. like you said moto is moto
downard254
9/25/2015 3:32pm
I think the Bud's Creek GP years ago had a good crowd didn't it.
Danny77
9/25/2015 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2015 3:59pm
The 500 GP back in 90/91 at glen Helen did, although more top American riders raced them back then so maybe drew a bigger crowd as it was a case of the best in the ama v's the gp guys

Look at the 125 support class from 90, all round the event was better supported by the factory's, the racers and the fans

https://youtu.be/ckIL_bMVf3c

And the 1991 gp there , Damon bradshaw on the wr490 Smile

https://youtu.be/yoLmkU6pcKQ

Post a reply to: Well if there is one thing that the USGP made perfectly clear last weekend

The Latest