Weimer's MEC bike

HenryJ77
Edited Date/Time 10/16/2014 1:26pm
Seems like he's getting alot of PC support for it. Hope he does well this weekend and in 2015.

|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/14/2014 8:13pm
I hope he has some good luck and can find his way challenging for the podium again.

I wonder if Answer gear stays with him because they have Hahn and a Wilson now. We shall see in a few days.
10/14/2014 9:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2014 9:17pm
Answer is making a push so I bet they keep Weimer on the team. and I hear all of the MSR riders will be wearing Answer for the 15 season. and the bike is sick.. those aint no Raptor footpegs. and the mototassanari boot. I do not know of anyone trying those. seems overlooked. I need to get one to try on my '15 KX. the PC Ti 6 pipe is a must have for the KX450. it gains power everywhere
SKlein
10/14/2014 9:13pm
Glad to see he at least has something reasonable going. I don't expect much out of him, just hope he gets something figured out soon I hate seeing him struggle like he has.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
10/14/2014 9:44pm
Answer is making a push so I bet they keep Weimer on the team. and I hear all of the MSR riders will be wearing Answer...
Answer is making a push so I bet they keep Weimer on the team. and I hear all of the MSR riders will be wearing Answer for the 15 season. and the bike is sick.. those aint no Raptor footpegs. and the mototassanari boot. I do not know of anyone trying those. seems overlooked. I need to get one to try on my '15 KX. the PC Ti 6 pipe is a must have for the KX450. it gains power everywhere
Are you referring to the Mototassinari airboot that gets overlooked? If so, you have overlooked the fact that basically every team is running that airboot.

The Shop

bvm111
10/14/2014 10:44pm
Needs more green
nytsmaC
10/14/2014 11:49pm
I wonder why Mitch is giving rides to guys like Weimer and Hill for these events but not Pourcel? I was under the impression that he thought very highly of him, they won two consecutive lites SX championships together and it sounded like he was very supportive of CP.
Olson
10/15/2014 2:40am
Good thing he has a ride even if it's one of the most Broish rides I've ever seen. Looks horrible. But I guess that's the look Monster is looking for. It would be hilarious if Monster where to sponsor a golf or tennis player. The crowd would faint.
Crush
10/15/2014 5:32am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2014 5:33am
nytsmaC wrote:
I wonder why Mitch is giving rides to guys like Weimer and Hill for these events but not Pourcel? I was under the impression that he...
I wonder why Mitch is giving rides to guys like Weimer and Hill for these events but not Pourcel? I was under the impression that he thought very highly of him, they won two consecutive lites SX championships together and it sounded like he was very supportive of CP.
Think I read that they didn't end well? Weege or Matthes?
IWreckALot
10/15/2014 5:33am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2014 5:33am
nytsmaC wrote:
I wonder why Mitch is giving rides to guys like Weimer and Hill for these events but not Pourcel? I was under the impression that he...
I have a feeling the devil is in the details. Just guessing, but I imagine that Weimer is looking for parts and maybe a some sort of contingency money. I have to guess that CP is looking for a salary and team to go along with the bike and parts.

All just speculation.

Edit: Or what Crush said.
TeamRags
10/15/2014 6:30am
I partially believe Mitch is just trying to help a guy out, but I'm also pretty confident that this has more to do with Mitch's ego and he wants to see his equipment lined up against the factory stuff. Cant blame him. JW is a quality rider that has a lot to prove.
TDeath21
10/15/2014 11:00am
Weimer is pretty fortunate to be getting any big name support at this point. We will see if he makes the most of this opportunity.
O___o
10/15/2014 11:03am
TeamRags wrote:
I partially believe Mitch is just trying to help a guy out, but I'm also pretty confident that this has more to do with Mitch's ego...
I partially believe Mitch is just trying to help a guy out, but I'm also pretty confident that this has more to do with Mitch's ego and he wants to see his equipment lined up against the factory stuff. Cant blame him. JW is a quality rider that has a lot to prove.
You know what's crazy? The only thing Mitch makes are exhaust flanges. The rest is made by that liiiiiiittttttle sticker on the numberplate that says "CMI" Been that way since the Honda to Kawi switch in 93.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
10/15/2014 11:37am
TeamRags wrote:
I partially believe Mitch is just trying to help a guy out, but I'm also pretty confident that this has more to do with Mitch's ego...
O___o wrote:
You know what's crazy? The only thing Mitch makes are exhaust flanges. The rest is made by that liiiiiiittttttle sticker on the numberplate that says "CMI"...
You know what's crazy? The only thing Mitch makes are exhaust flanges. The rest is made by that liiiiiiittttttle sticker on the numberplate that says "CMI" Been that way since the Honda to Kawi switch in 93.
What is CSI? Alittle more info please?
O___o
10/15/2014 11:43am
TeamRags wrote:
O___o wrote:
You know what's crazy? The only thing Mitch makes are exhaust flanges. The rest is made by that liiiiiiittttttle sticker on the numberplate that says "CMI"...
What is CSI? Alittle more info please?
It's CMI and its the guy who makes just about all of Mitch's parts. He outsources. Has for a long time. The CM is the guy's initials and I is industries.
SEE ARE125
10/15/2014 12:02pm
I'm assuming PC still does the designing, R&D, testing, etc then they just outsource the production part to CMI?
BAMX
10/15/2014 12:16pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I'm assuming PC still does the designing, R&D, testing, etc then they just outsource the production part to CMI?
That would make sense. Manufacturing in CA is a pain in the ass. We build hydraulic doors and have the R and D in CA and the actual production in MN. CA is just on agency after another trying to get in your pocket. We even have the compressor police who drive around looking in the back doors and making sure that you have a compressor permit and that it is up to date.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
10/15/2014 1:01pm
Makes sense. I know that is how it is done with the exhaust down there.
10/15/2014 2:22pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Crush wrote:
You're right.

Pourcel himself confirmed the fact.
steed 2.0
10/15/2014 2:54pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
That would make sense. Manufacturing in CA is a pain in the ass. We build hydraulic doors and have the R and D in CA and...
That would make sense. Manufacturing in CA is a pain in the ass. We build hydraulic doors and have the R and D in CA and the actual production in MN. CA is just on agency after another trying to get in your pocket. We even have the compressor police who drive around looking in the back doors and making sure that you have a compressor permit and that it is up to date.
TeamGreen
10/15/2014 3:10pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
That would make sense. Manufacturing in CA is a pain in the ass. We build hydraulic doors and have the R and D in CA and...
steed 2.0 wrote:
Thank you!

That's Chuck Cheek, machining Bad-Ass & fellow California based Manufacturer.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
10/15/2014 3:14pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Crush wrote:
You're right.

I think all he confirmed in that interview was they were still on good terms and Mitch would give him a ride if he could find funding for it.....but he cant.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
10/15/2014 3:16pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
steed 2.0 wrote:
What a thorough website! Haha!Laughing
O___o
10/15/2014 3:36pm
BAMX wrote:
steed 2.0 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Thank you!

That's Chuck Cheek, machining Bad-Ass & fellow California based Manufacturer.
I knew it was Chuck/Charles/Charlie
davistld01
10/15/2014 3:44pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Crush wrote:
You're right.

I think I read somewhere that Mitch appreciated CP's talent...and actually liked him. I think he'd still give him some help if he could, but maybe Hill & Weimer are more relevant...and less "complicated".
10/15/2014 4:50pm
I am pretty sure Mitch confirmed that working with Pourcel was very complicated. Mitch is at a point in his career where he doesn't need to put up with said bullshit. Less relevant? Not sure about that after this past year - hard to deny his skills. I think it's likely that CP wants more than the other two as speculated above.

Post a reply to: Weimer's MEC bike

The Latest