Weimer SOL?

bdp93
Now that rch has officially announced their only two riders does this mean that weimer is no longer part of the team and therefore no longer with any sort of ride?
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
12/5/2016 6:36am
Quite possible, yes. I think I heard something about Babbitt's.
davistld01
12/5/2016 6:45am
Story around here has Jake doing testing parts/set-up for RCH. I think it's a damn shame. I know I'm gonna get hated on, but I still say I'd rather have Weimer than Bogle.
Idaho747
12/5/2016 8:34am
davistld01 wrote:
Story around here has Jake doing testing parts/set-up for RCH. I think it's a damn shame. I know I'm gonna get hated on, but I still...
Story around here has Jake doing testing parts/set-up for RCH. I think it's a damn shame. I know I'm gonna get hated on, but I still say I'd rather have Weimer than Bogle.
I completely agree. Even tickle for that matter also
twotwosix
12/5/2016 8:46am
Looks like Tedesco still has a factory Zook he riding. Wonder if RCH can support two testing guys? I would imagine Weimer will not have a bike to ride come A1.

It looks like the silly season merry go round has finally stopped and Weimer, Mookie and James are the 3 main guys left with out rides.

The Shop

mx_563
12/5/2016 8:47am
Weims has a low key personality so it's easy to forget the dude ended last season tenth in points. TENTH!!! You don't luck into tenth place, man! That's legit!

But the purpose of paying riders to race is to market and sell product. Yung-rapper types with leg swag are likely to sell more product than regular dudes with wives/kids. At least that's what sponsors seem to think. If you're not a championship contender, you gotta have a hook or gimmick of some kind.
oshow
12/5/2016 8:47am
I'd rather have Wilson than those two but I'm not paying the bills...
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
12/5/2016 8:52am
It would be nice if they could give him some bikes and parts, and let him pit out of his own van, it would be better for him than a full privateer effort, but he could race test different parts. But it is already getting late for him to figure something else out.
moscrop940
12/5/2016 8:55am
I am a big fan of Jakes.

Stays low key, does the work, rides his ass off....seemingly everything you would want in a rider.
Are his championship days past him? Maybe. But there is value in a guy that you know will land 7-12 every weekend.

I'm curious how Jake ends up without a ride, but Tommy Hahn still have a full RockRiver rider. That is not a knock on Hahn, but Weimer would be able to produce more results in my opinion.

A lot of people forget that Weimer was a podium 450 guy not long ago....I sincerely hope something opens up for Jake in the near future.
12/5/2016 11:12am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 11:13am
damn if i had 3millions to i would build a 3 rider team. weimer,wilson,malcom that would be a solid team.
davistld01
12/5/2016 11:33am
How can KTM afford to run a 3-man team...especially the three top-tier guys like they have on their team...and nobody else can?
12/5/2016 11:39am
damn if i had 3millions to i would build a 3 rider team. weimer,wilson,malcom that would be a solid team.
You’d have one heck of an autograph line too!
BobPA
12/5/2016 11:42am
davistld01 wrote:
How can KTM afford to run a 3-man team...especially the three top-tier guys like they have on their team...and nobody else can?
Red Bull
Gukamonster
12/5/2016 11:52am
His results on the RCH Suzuki (factory equipment) were not good. Go look at the details of it, practice sessions, heats, semis, LCQs. A few times he barely made it into the main.

His average main event finish was a 13.7 and there were lots of races with a depleted field. A long way from a "7th to 12th guy every weekend".

http://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/jake-weimer/races

The 10th in points isn't as impressive as it sounds when you see that the only other guy he beat, who did all 17 main events was Alessi - and he only beat him by 2 points.

Revisionist history is a funny thing. No team wants to spends gobs of money on expensive equipment and top level personnel to go racing with Jake Weimer unless it's in Arenacross.
EddieC
12/5/2016 11:53am
Weimer has had all his hardware from previous injuries removed, he is healthy, fit and hungry. I would consider him a great investment, one that can be picked up for a good price. If he is able to get on factory stuff I would put him high on your fantasy team.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/5/2016 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 5:44pm
oshow wrote:
I'd rather have Wilson than those two but I'm not paying the bills...
If by bills you include riders' salary, then you wouldn't be the only one not paying the bills.
Sodipop
12/5/2016 6:21pm
moscrop940 wrote:
I am a big fan of Jakes. Stays low key, does the work, rides his ass off....seemingly everything you would want in a rider. Are his...
I am a big fan of Jakes.

Stays low key, does the work, rides his ass off....seemingly everything you would want in a rider.
Are his championship days past him? Maybe. But there is value in a guy that you know will land 7-12 every weekend.

I'm curious how Jake ends up without a ride, but Tommy Hahn still have a full RockRiver rider. That is not a knock on Hahn, but Weimer would be able to produce more results in my opinion.

A lot of people forget that Weimer was a podium 450 guy not long ago....I sincerely hope something opens up for Jake in the near future.
Maybe Jake thought he was too good for some teams?
agn5009
12/5/2016 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 6:35pm
davistld01 wrote:
Story around here has Jake doing testing parts/set-up for RCH. I think it's a damn shame. I know I'm gonna get hated on, but I still...
Idaho747 wrote:
Because of your own personal opinion. Teams hire riders based off of results believe it or not. Weimer isn't as good as Bogle or Tickle.
bvm111
12/5/2016 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 6:37pm
Everyone of you want these guys to point out or move up to the 250 class or call them sand baggars .... now there are not enough spots in the 450 class and you are wondering why they can't get rides?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/5/2016 7:08pm
davistld01 wrote:
Idaho747 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Because of your own personal opinion. Teams hire riders based off of results believe it or not. Weimer isn't as good as Bogle or Tickle.
Can you be hired if you aren't paid? Perhaps Weimer didn't want to ride for free?
cali11
12/5/2016 7:19pm
davistld01 wrote:
Or Tickle. What's he ever done?
moscrop940
12/5/2016 7:51pm
moscrop940 wrote:
I am a big fan of Jakes. Stays low key, does the work, rides his ass off....seemingly everything you would want in a rider. Are his...
I am a big fan of Jakes.

Sodipop wrote:
Maybe Jake thought he was too good for some teams?
Could be....

But at that very same token, he rode for Team Tedder. Not a dig at the Tedders as they are great people whom I know personally, but they are a privateer outlet nonetheless.

dirtnapper
12/5/2016 7:55pm
His results on the RCH Suzuki (factory equipment) were not good. Go look at the details of it, practice sessions, heats, semis, LCQs. A few times...
His results on the RCH Suzuki (factory equipment) were not good. Go look at the details of it, practice sessions, heats, semis, LCQs. A few times he barely made it into the main.

His average main event finish was a 13.7 and there were lots of races with a depleted field. A long way from a "7th to 12th guy every weekend".

http://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/jake-weimer/races

The 10th in points isn't as impressive as it sounds when you see that the only other guy he beat, who did all 17 main events was Alessi - and he only beat him by 2 points.

Revisionist history is a funny thing. No team wants to spends gobs of money on expensive equipment and top level personnel to go racing with Jake Weimer unless it's in Arenacross.
A bit harsh, I'd say......Unsure
endurox
12/5/2016 8:01pm
Less factory rides out there. Bring back the 2 strokes and the claiming rule.
Idaho747
12/5/2016 8:01pm
davistld01 wrote:
Idaho747 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Bogle and him are pretty comparable on average I would say. And Weimer was a fill in for tickle. And a lot of his finished were better than tickles. Has tickle ever finished in the top ten in points on a 450? That's not a jab. I can't honestly remember if he has.
TeamGreen
12/5/2016 8:35pm
I don't know why y'all have to throw one rider under the bus while wishing another would get a ride; but, whatever...

I know Jake as an offer to make good $ and have more fun than most on really good equipment this summer...
So, there's always that.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/5/2016 8:57pm
agn5009 wrote:
How are you defining good? Justin Bogle had some better individual finishes than Weimer this year in Supercross but he finished behind him in the points. Jake Weimer also has a few 450 SX podiums on his resume which includes a couple of 2nd places.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/5/2016 9:01pm
Idaho747 wrote:
Bogle and him are pretty comparable on average I would say. And Weimer was a fill in for tickle. And a lot of his finished were...
Bogle and him are pretty comparable on average I would say. And Weimer was a fill in for tickle. And a lot of his finished were better than tickles. Has tickle ever finished in the top ten in points on a 450? That's not a jab. I can't honestly remember if he has.
Tickle finished 9th in '12, '13, '14 and then 8th in '15.

Weimer finished 5th in '12 and then 10th in '16.
12/5/2016 9:26pm
I would probably take Bogle over both Jake and Broc. But to pick between those two must have hard. Pretty much the same guy with the same credentials, probably chose Broc out of loyalty he's been there since the beginning of RCH
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/5/2016 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 9:38pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I don't know why y'all have to throw one rider under the bus while wishing another would get a ride; but, whatever... I know Jake as...
I don't know why y'all have to throw one rider under the bus while wishing another would get a ride; but, whatever...

I know Jake as an offer to make good $ and have more fun than most on really good equipment this summer...
So, there's always that.
For what type of racing? And where?

Post a reply to: Weimer SOL?

The Latest