Webb was faster than Barcia

9/28/2015 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2015 5:32pm
In the last race. I was there and watch Webb 2-3 laps before he stalled and he was super fast, maybe even faster than the guys up front. I'm almost sure that with that rythm, he could have catched the guys up front.

From the side of the track, I can tell you that he was damn impressive before the stall.
|
peelout
9/28/2015 1:16pm
In the last race. I was there and watch Webb 2-3 laps before he stalled and he was super fast, maybe even faster than the guys...
In the last race. I was there and watch Webb 2-3 laps before he stalled and he was super fast, maybe even faster than the guys up front. I'm almost sure that with that rythm, he could have catched the guys up front.

From the side of the track, I can tell you that he was damn impressive before the stall.
yeah well, Barcia had a fever...

any more nuggets of knowledge you can share with us?
mac3-d
9/28/2015 1:36pm
Yea JB passed RD was it 2 years ago
machine
9/28/2015 1:43pm
I tell you one thing, that move he put on Febvre in the corner was less than a second from being a win. Soo close to taking out his front wheel. Febvre got lucky there for sure....haha..

The Shop

MtnBoy
9/28/2015 1:47pm
machine wrote:
I tell you one thing, that move he put on Febvre in the corner was less than a second from being a win. Soo close to...
I tell you one thing, that move he put on Febvre in the corner was less than a second from being a win. Soo close to taking out his front wheel. Febvre got lucky there for sure....haha..
Yep! I was texting my buddy the play by play and I told him "Webb just went for the kill shot, we were 2 feet from the win!" ha
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
9/28/2015 2:27pm
machine wrote:
I tell you one thing, that move he put on Febvre in the corner was less than a second from being a win. Soo close to...
Imagine that had happened
Not sure if Webb would have been able to leave france alive Whistling
oshow
9/28/2015 2:40pm
machine wrote:
I loved that thinking.
machine
9/28/2015 2:42pm
machine wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
The French kill someone?...Bahahaha!

There is a reason they have a Chicken for their mx federation mascot...Grinning
jeffro503
9/28/2015 2:42pm
machine wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
Yep! I was texting my buddy the play by play and I told him "Webb just went for the kill shot, we were 2 feet from...
Yep! I was texting my buddy the play by play and I told him "Webb just went for the kill shot, we were 2 feet from the win!" ha
More like 2" !! I'm glad they didn't make contact though. If we would have won over something like that , we would of never heard the end of it. It was super aggressive , but a brilliant move at the same time. Add that on top of Barcia riding Paulin and Musquin both pretty damn clean ( and he had a chance to put both of them down , but didn't ). I wanted to see us win it fair and square. Bottom line , France just out rode us , and our shitty starts in the 3rd moto definitely didn't help.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
9/28/2015 2:45pm
machine wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
machine wrote:
The French kill someone?...Bahahaha! There is a reason they have a Chicken for their mx federation mascot...:lol: [img]https://cdn.vitalmx.com/photos/stories/2010/09/16/full_91137580_1284661646.jpg[/img]
The French kill someone?...Bahahaha!

There is a reason they have a Chicken for their mx federation mascot...Grinning
well I guess you might be right haha
There are no chains on the chainsaws either
Silliker269
9/28/2015 2:46pm
machine wrote:
If he never got stood up on that outside berm and kept the power on, the pass would of been epic. Tie in points ? 3 motos to one
machine
9/28/2015 2:47pm
crusty_xx wrote:
well I guess you might be right haha
There are no chains on the chainsaws either
Laughing
philG
9/28/2015 4:12pm
Webb took out Dean Ferris there in the last race, just rode straight at him , broke the water pump or rad off it.

Could have been over right there.. dumb move.

jeffro503
9/28/2015 4:18pm
philG wrote:
Webb took out Dean Ferris there in the last race, just rode straight at him , broke the water pump or rad off it. Could have...
Webb took out Dean Ferris there in the last race, just rode straight at him , broke the water pump or rad off it.

But it wasn't. So who cares.
Cancerman
9/28/2015 11:14pm
Webb was going good, but man, Barcia was working it hard, he was on it!. If Barcia was in the top five start in the 3rd race, I think we would have done it. And if Webb would of had a better start too. But hey, that's why they hold a race. Our guys did great. I'm proud of how they performed. France just did not make any real mistakes. Barcia's stock made a big jump up in my opinion. I'm normally pretty critical of Barcia, too. Good Job to all three.
ayearinmx
9/28/2015 11:33pm
Webb passed Barcia in that third moto... Barcia admitted his was faster and let him go through.... 2 corners later he stalled it

as for the block pass attempt by Webb, Febvre saw it coming and side-stepped it neatly
kongols
9/28/2015 11:34pm
Febvre saw everything. Watch the video, he slammed the brakes and turned right to avoid him. After that Webb never caught him again.
shanes
9/28/2015 11:43pm
philG wrote:
Webb took out Dean Ferris there in the last race, just rode straight at him , broke the water pump or rad off it. Could have...

jeffro503 wrote:
But it wasn't. So who cares.
it was for Ferris , i bet he cares
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
9/29/2015 12:08am
kongols wrote:
Febvre saw everything. Watch the video, he slammed the brakes and turned right to avoid him. After that Webb never caught him again.
That's what I loved about that move from Webb. After that Febvre just had enough of playing with Webb and left him immediatly way behind. I guess after one lap Febvre already had a 2 or 3 second gap between them. He made sure Webb had no second chance.
kongols
9/29/2015 12:11am
And I don`t think it was anything dirty. He was not going for a Febvre front wheel.
steed 2.0
9/29/2015 12:39am
kongols wrote:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQDIz9AUYAAPlWE.png[/img]
If my information is correct, Febvre goes to America (training / testing with JGR) to prepare for Lille
Julian
9/29/2015 1:02am
machine wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
Yep! I was texting my buddy the play by play and I told him "Webb just went for the kill shot, we were 2 feet from...
jeffro503 wrote:
More like 2" !! I'm glad they didn't make contact though. If we would have won over something like that , we would of never heard...
More like 2" !! I'm glad they didn't make contact though. If we would have won over something like that , we would of never heard the end of it. It was super aggressive , but a brilliant move at the same time. Add that on top of Barcia riding Paulin and Musquin both pretty damn clean ( and he had a chance to put both of them down , but didn't ). I wanted to see us win it fair and square. Bottom line , France just out rode us , and our shitty starts in the 3rd moto definitely didn't help.
everything you write is exactly right

..... but the part about being "super aggressive" & "brilliant move"

..... maybe "super lame" & a "numbskull move" fit better ??

endangering a fellow competitor and risking knocking him down just to pass him is for riders like Alessi or Bowers and is more of an arenacross show stunt rather than a MX move.

One day in the future it will occur to Cooper that he will rather be regarded as a Dave Thorpe rather than a Tyler Bowers type.
jemcee
9/29/2015 1:04am
philG wrote:

I was thinking that might have happened

I won't call him a fuckwit.. but I'll think it
Julian
9/29/2015 1:14am
philG wrote:

jemcee wrote:
I was thinking that might have happened

I won't call him a fuckwit.. but I'll think it
that is a good attitude to take, "just think it"

Cooper is a product of his environment, the SX and Arenacross have several of the Tyler Bowers type riders and when a Bowers type is allowed to get away with it, some others think it is ok and do the same.

Then before you know it one of them brings it to Europe and then everybody sees how it just does not fit in to the mentality of MX.

If you want to pass, then do it like a Thorpe, not like a Tyler Bowers.....

Julian
9/29/2015 1:23am
kongols wrote:
And I don`t think it was anything dirty. He was not going for a Febvre front wheel.
you are kind not to see Cooper's move as dirty.

I am also trying to not see it as dirty but like I mentioned in my other posts, it is an Arenacoss style pass.

It for sure does not belong in World MX.

mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
9/29/2015 1:49am
kongols wrote:
Julian wrote:
you are kind not to see Cooper's move as dirty. I am also trying to not see it as dirty but like I mentioned in my...

I am also trying to not see it as dirty but like I mentioned in my other posts, it is an Arenacoss style pass.

I wouldn't call it dirty either. It was an aggressiv attempt for sure.

I see it more like that it was Webbs last option to make something happen. He couldn't get past Febvre in an "normal" attempt, so he had to be more aggressiv. It was racing, more on the aggressiv side of things, but it was not a blunt takeout move I think.
jemcee
9/29/2015 1:50am
Julian wrote:
you are kind not to see Cooper's move as dirty. I am also trying to not see it as dirty but like I mentioned in my...

I actually think there's a time and a place for aggressive racing, but I don't think cooper's move on Febvre was the time.. there was like 7 minutes to go or something and you don't wanna give a dude that's faster than you time to get you back especially if you've pissed him off.. and he was obviously faster than Dean so why put a dude down that's just doing his best for his country
shanes
9/29/2015 1:52am
and Marvin was faster than both of them :-}}}}}
jamma10
9/29/2015 2:04am
kongols wrote:
Julian wrote:

I didn't think it was dirty, I actually thought it was quite inventive.

Had he T-Boned Febvre, or taken out his front wheel it would have been a different story, but I don't think he intended to. He just wanted to block him off which is aggressive but perfectly legitimate. I think Webb actually calculated the move pretty well.

Post a reply to: Webb was faster than Barcia

The Latest