Watched the Barcia pass replay on Racer-X..

Frog #1
Edited Date/Time 3/13/2014 9:16pm
First of all I'm not a fan of Barcia or Stewart, but the pass was going to be fine. But JB missed his exit rut in the turn and got stood up. Anybody who races can see it was not a take out move! Clowns on this board calling a fine or suspension are fools! I bet when MS see's the video he'll even cool down. Just a racing incident.
|
3/9/2014 8:08am
Agreed,

Aggressive pass? YES.

Blatant take out? Only at a Chinese restaurant.

The Shop

Hut
3/9/2014 8:10am
When Malcolm watches that replay I bet he does NOT get warm fuzzy feelings for Barcia.
DonM
3/9/2014 8:52am
The issue with Barcia is that he just can't pass anybody without running them high or bumping into them. Does every pass have to be that way? Riders are tired of him doing that to everybody so they are going to retaliate.
sharkey
3/9/2014 8:57am
DonM wrote:
The issue with Barcia is that he just can't pass anybody without running them high or bumping into them. Does every pass have to be that...
The issue with Barcia is that he just can't pass anybody without running them high or bumping into them. Does every pass have to be that way? Riders are tired of him doing that to everybody so they are going to retaliate.
I agree he could have just gone inside just as well knowing malcom was already outside and ahead of him
etccb
3/9/2014 9:36am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 9:41am
So he took the rut out too for a double? That sounds about right and also connected to how he attempted to go through that corner. He needs to change. I bet Honda is getting sick of their name being attached to this type of racing. But Honda may also be slightly bummed about malcolms alissi style clutch and throttle control moment. Malcolm looked great out there and was going to have a solid result....before..
3/9/2014 9:47am
Far as im concerned neither guys are title contenders so I don't give a crap whos right or wrong.... was good for TV drama!Grinning
rolandk
3/9/2014 9:49am
There would have been no contact if Stewart checked up for half a second and cut inside.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
3/9/2014 10:14am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 10:14am
Anyone have a replay of the incident? Would be nice to see it a few more times
bullpen658
3/9/2014 10:29am
Link or it didn't happen.

It wasn't a take out move. He was going for the stereotypical sx type of pass but Mookie never saw him coming and was already coming out of the turn. It was all just a racing incident until Mookie chose to act like he had been the victim of some unforgivable crime, shoved Bam Bam, and then wheelied into him. In my opinion, this is the second dumb thing that Mookie has done this season and the AMA should seriously consider some kind of disciplinary action for the part where he used his bike as a weapon. JUST MY OPINION (this is where we share opinions, right?).
Hut
3/9/2014 10:33am
Bike as a weapon....lol he was trying to get freed from Barcia's bike. He didn't stab him with a stinger or anything
davistld01
3/9/2014 10:39am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 10:40am
DonM wrote:
The issue with Barcia is that he just can't pass anybody without running them high or bumping into them. Does every pass have to be that...
In my opinion, that is the only way JB knows how to pass in a corner. He can't turn down, can't be creative a la RV, Stewart or Reedy. He sees a bowled corner and flashes to bambam mode automatically. I don't think he has any more respect from the other riders than he seems to have for them. His time will surely come.
3/9/2014 10:40am
Not a fan of Barcia, and yes, he does sometimes perform unnecessarily aggressive passes. However, block passes have been a part of this sport forever. The rider being passed is forced to check-up and hold their high line. But Stewart did not. He clearly turned into Barcia's line (in retaliation for the bold move). Then proceeded to physically shove Barcia, as well as attempt to launch his bike at him.

This occurred following a previous similar incident involving Stewart, where he ended up T-boning Jason Anderson. This is obviously becoming a pattern of misbehavior and poor sportsmanship on the part of Stewart, and should be dealt with by the AMA.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of Barcia, but I'm now even less of a fan of Malcolm Stewart. Imo, his repeated actions are on the same level as Alessi's...perhaps even worse. He's a poor loser and a punk.
davistld01
3/9/2014 10:52am
Not a fan of Barcia, and yes, he does sometimes perform unnecessarily aggressive passes. However, block passes have been a part of this sport forever. The...
Not a fan of Barcia, and yes, he does sometimes perform unnecessarily aggressive passes. However, block passes have been a part of this sport forever. The rider being passed is forced to check-up and hold their high line. But Stewart did not. He clearly turned into Barcia's line (in retaliation for the bold move). Then proceeded to physically shove Barcia, as well as attempt to launch his bike at him.

This occurred following a previous similar incident involving Stewart, where he ended up T-boning Jason Anderson. This is obviously becoming a pattern of misbehavior and poor sportsmanship on the part of Stewart, and should be dealt with by the AMA.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of Barcia, but I'm now even less of a fan of Malcolm Stewart. Imo, his repeated actions are on the same level as Alessi's...perhaps even worse. He's a poor loser and a punk.
Thank you for your comments, Mrs. Anderson.
3/9/2014 11:01am
davistld01 wrote:
Well, that was a warm welcome for my 1st post. I guess to heck with tip-toeing around...screw you too.
ocscottie
3/9/2014 11:10am
Pause that vid at 18 seconds, tells the whole story. Here is a still:

Then again why does he always have to run it in so deep while making a pass? dive inside and ride away.
philG
3/9/2014 11:12am
Barcia ends what could have been a good race for him early........and takes someone with him... that pass was on right up to the point where Mookie jumped into the whoops and pulled 2 lengths, then it wasnt but he came anyway,.. and once you are in the turn you arent going to suddenly be able to turn back up out of the turn without crashing, thats just physics.

There were quite a few other attempts at passes in that turn , and nobody else felt the need to go in like that. .

RV nailed it ... and you think that if he is out of a factory ride the first time his contract is up , then that isnt going to lead to a long and fruitful career... he aint no Andrew Short, and if i was a team owner , i know who i'd rather have on my bike.
malachi177
3/9/2014 11:14am
Looks to me like he tried the exact same thing he did to Kroc....take the riders front wheel out with his rear wheel. I can't stand Barcia for this reason. Inside line, ride away with the pass and move on. But no...he has to do this shit.
moscrop940
3/9/2014 11:15am
davistld01 wrote:
Well, that was a warm welcome for my 1st post. I guess to heck with tip-toeing around...screw you too.
If your gettin fired up over that you ain't gonna make it around here
davistld01
3/9/2014 11:22am
Here's what BammBamm tweeted earlier this morning...

Justin Barcia (@justinbarcia)
3/9/14, 10:01 AM
100% clean pass home boy should of checked up like any normal rider would do instead of nailing the gas and making a good pass go bad
bigborefan
3/9/2014 11:23am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 11:26am
Goat Boy started it and Mookie finished it IMO.

Looks to me like a typical Goat Boy move. Run it in deep. Barcia was already out of the rut/berm before Mookie hit him. Goat Boy went too deep this time.

I don't think Mookie caused Barcia to fall. I also don't think Mookie knew Goat Boy was there until the very last second. That's why he didn't check up.

And then Mookie got all hot headed. It happens. You're racing, the adrenaline is flowing, split second decisions. And these two have history. I would say if any fines /penalties are thrown, they both get fined/penalized.
jeffro503
3/9/2014 11:24am
ocscottie wrote:
Pause that vid at 18 seconds, tells the whole story. Here is a still: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/03/09/47907/s1200_Untitled2.jpg[/img] Then again why does he always have to run it in...

Then again why does he always have to run it in so deep while making a pass? dive inside and ride away.
THIS is exactly what I was trying to say last night. IF Barcia would of grabbed that rut the right way with his front tire......you can be about 99% positive he would of dumped the clutch and took out Malcolm s front end. That is just the way Barcia rides!

Funny how guys can make passes all night long with little to no contact......or even some good rubbin' , but they don't damn near clean out every rider they go by like what Barcia does. The dude is fast....but he can ride like a prick.
nungaray854
3/9/2014 11:28am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 11:28am
Not a fan of Barcia, and yes, he does sometimes perform unnecessarily aggressive passes. However, block passes have been a part of this sport forever. The...

malcolm didnt try to launch his bike at him hahaha. he just wanted to get back in the race but barcia was in the way so he just did what he had to do....
bigborefan
3/9/2014 11:30am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 11:32am
ocscottie wrote:
Pause that vid at 18 seconds, tells the whole story. Here is a still: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/03/09/47907/s1200_Untitled2.jpg[/img] Then again why does he always have to run it in...

It's like Goat Boy just went in there and crashed right in front of Mookie. And right in front of the Honda Tuff Blocks. That's a Chad Reed level marketing move if I have ever seen one. At least Honda is getting some press.
davistld01
3/9/2014 11:31am
Why does Barcia refer to all his passes as "clean passes" when damn near everybody else say they'd not?

Post a reply to: Watched the Barcia pass replay on Racer-X..

The Latest