Was the word from the Dungey Camp?

sozo
Edited Date/Time 2/8/2012 8:29pm
Was there word from the Dungey Camp on what they struggled with to be 17 sec back ? Or was it jut him just wondering...
|
peelout
2/7/2012 4:06pm
looking at the Sign Of The Lap Times on RacerX, he had a similar fast lap and his average lap time wasn't very far off.

can't imagine there will be anything said other than he had a not great start and took too long to get into 4th.
jimmie
2/7/2012 4:17pm
500guy wrote:
Also, my rug was stolen.
As in toupee?
TDeath21
2/7/2012 4:17pm
Well if you haven't noticed by now, when Dungey knows he won't improve his position at all, he won't continue to push. He won't take any unnecessary risks, ever. It doesn't matter if you finish 1 second back of 3rd or 17 seconds back of 3rd, you get the same amount of points and you lose the same amount of points to your competitors. This style has almost won him 4 championships in 4 tries in the 450 class, so I think he's got something figured out Wink

The Shop

nytsmaC
2/7/2012 5:16pm
500guy wrote:
Also, my rug was stolen.
Dude, that pisses me off. That rug really tied the room together!
71Fish
2/7/2012 5:55pm
500guy wrote:
Also, my rug was stolen.
nytsmaC wrote:
Well, that's just like, your opinion...man.
Smitch
2/7/2012 6:32pm
500guy wrote:
Also, my rug was stolen.
That's TERRIBLE jay!!
RMT
2/7/2012 6:42pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Well if you haven't noticed by now, when Dungey knows he won't improve his position at all, he won't continue to push. He won't take any...
Well if you haven't noticed by now, when Dungey knows he won't improve his position at all, he won't continue to push. He won't take any unnecessary risks, ever. It doesn't matter if you finish 1 second back of 3rd or 17 seconds back of 3rd, you get the same amount of points and you lose the same amount of points to your competitors. This style has almost won him 4 championships in 4 tries in the 450 class, so I think he's got something figured out Wink
Lots of guys "almost" won championships. Unfortunately for him, his two in the big boy class came when the three guys that are beating him every week were out hurt. Hmmmmm. Makes you wonder.
TDeath21
2/7/2012 6:46pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Well if you haven't noticed by now, when Dungey knows he won't improve his position at all, he won't continue to push. He won't take any...
RMT wrote:
Lots of guys "almost" won championships. Unfortunately for him, his two in the big boy class came when the three guys that are beating him every...
Lots of guys "almost" won championships. Unfortunately for him, his two in the big boy class came when the three guys that are beating him every week were out hurt. Hmmmmm. Makes you wonder.
Don't even get me started on this one. His style kept him injury free. Villopoto's style got him injured for the 2010 championships. Stewart's style got him injured for the 2010 championship. Reed's rivalry with Stewart got him injured for the 2010 championship. Dungey doesn't make rivals and he doesn't have a style that will injure him. At A1 that year, Dungey was on the line along with Stewart, Villopoto, and Reed. All four were going for the championship, and Dungey beat them all. "Straight up" as you might say.
Dozer
2/7/2012 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2012 7:13pm
500guy wrote:
Also, my rug was stolen.
nytsmaC wrote:
Obviously, you're not a golfer

Woo?
easton
2/7/2012 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2012 7:05pm
James running hurt and wounded passed him like a lapper ???? would make me kinda question something. The guy is a great rider but lately if the other three ride good he gets left.
Jt$
2/7/2012 7:04pm
Are these men gonna hurt us Walter?
Cigaro
2/7/2012 7:06pm
easton wrote:
James running hurt and wounded passed him like a lapper ???? would make me kinda question something. The guy is a great rider but lately if...
James running hurt and wounded passed him like a lapper ???? would make me kinda question something. The guy is a great rider but lately if the other three ride good he gets left.
He bobbled in the sand section and dropped back to 8th when James passed him. Gift??
Neil_Romero
2/7/2012 7:09pm
I don't like your jerk-off name, I don't like your jerk-off face, I don't like your jerk-off behavior........and I don't like you. Jerk-off!
mx317
2/7/2012 7:12pm
He's won a race, wore the red plate and some dumbass on here claims he's not up to par!
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/7/2012 7:22pm
TDeath21 wrote:
RMT wrote:
Lots of guys "almost" won championships. Unfortunately for him, his two in the big boy class came when the three guys that are beating him every...
TDeath21 wrote:
Don't even get me started on this one. His style kept him injury free. Villopoto's style got him injured for the 2010 championships. Stewart's style got...
Don't even get me started on this one. His style kept him injury free. Villopoto's style got him injured for the 2010 championships. Stewart's style got him injured for the 2010 championship. Reed's rivalry with Stewart got him injured for the 2010 championship. Dungey doesn't make rivals and he doesn't have a style that will injure him. At A1 that year, Dungey was on the line along with Stewart, Villopoto, and Reed. All four were going for the championship, and Dungey beat them all. "Straight up" as you might say.
Perfectly stated. As I said in another post, Dungey will bore everyone to death as he finishes at or near the top in every race throughout the series, no muss, no fuss. He just won't beat himself, that is his discipline.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/7/2012 7:26pm
I think he is doing great. First year on a totally new bike and he has already won a race, led the points and is still a contender for the title.
Cigaro
2/7/2012 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2012 7:31pm
RMT wrote:
Stewart won his titles when RC was injured/part time

Reed won his titles when Stewart was injured/part time and RC was part time or retired

I guess you could nitpick every past champions season and say it would of been different if so and so was there.
txmxer
2/7/2012 7:35pm
easton wrote:
James running hurt and wounded passed him like a lapper ???? would make me kinda question something. The guy is a great rider but lately if...
Cigaro wrote:
He bobbled in the sand section and dropped back to 8th when James passed him. Gift??
No, no, no...it's only a gift if someone else bobbles, has a bad start, crashes, or other problems. These guys are X-spurts. They have a whole library full of records, wins, and championships that never actually happened.
Cigaro
2/7/2012 7:40pm
easton wrote:
Cigaro wrote:
txmxer wrote:
No, no, no...it's only a gift if someone else bobbles, has a bad start, crashes, or other problems. These guys are X-spurts. They have a whole...
No, no, no...it's only a gift if someone else bobbles, has a bad start, crashes, or other problems. These guys are X-spurts. They have a whole library full of records, wins, and championships that never actually happened.
That seems pretty accurate for these parts. Whistling
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/7/2012 7:49pm
RMT wrote:
Only people that DONT understand motocross wonder about that. Huh
500guy
2/7/2012 7:54pm
Walter, this isn't a guy who built the railroads here. This is a guy...
karnivool
2/7/2012 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2012 7:59pm
TDeath21 wrote:
RMT wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Don't even get me started on this one. His style kept him injury free. Villopoto's style got him injured for the 2010 championships. Stewart's style got...
say what you want...RMT is on point...

dungey had his reign for a year, he is washed up and his career is on the downside now...lol...
jmar
2/7/2012 7:59pm
Everyone has a bad week now and then. Dungey has fewer of those weeks than most.

Nothing here.
500guy
2/7/2012 8:01pm
ya know, it's Dungey, so his toe slipped over the line a little, big deal. It's just a game, man.
karnivool
2/7/2012 8:03pm
Cigaro wrote:
txmxer wrote:
No, no, no...it's only a gift if someone else bobbles, has a bad start, crashes, or other problems. These guys are X-spurts. They have a whole...
Cigaro wrote:
dungey is right where he was in 2010...one spot ahead of metcalfe and brayton...ish...

when rv, cr, and js are there, they belong in front of him...nuff said...

deny it all you want
Motoxdoc
2/7/2012 8:16pm
sozo wrote:
Was there word from the Dungey Camp on what they struggled with to be 17 sec back ? Or was it jut him just wondering...
This is motocross. Somebody always wins and its not always the guy you want; and that doesn't mean there's a problem with him. Dungey's already won one and he got 4th last weekend; that's dam good! You think he's going to beat Villopoto, Reed and Stewart every weekend? Did you see Roger on the bike?.....Yes, that was just Dungey! Who else would it be?
Mstock
2/7/2012 8:16pm
Dungey could almost coast to a 3rd place season overall finish and that's damn good for a company new to the top level of the sport in it's first year. Winning every race is not the goal for KTM. Win on your good/lucky days. Cut your losses on your bad/ unlucky days. Don't crash yourself out (by your own doing) like Stewart. Hope RV's black cloud comes back. Let Reed ride his emotional rollercoaster of highs and lows like a chic. Next thing you know your champion. Not a bad plan.
racin mason
2/7/2012 8:20pm
txmxer wrote:
Cigaro wrote:
karnivool wrote:
dungey is right where he was in 2010...one spot ahead of metcalfe and brayton...ish... when rv, cr, and js are there, they belong in front of...
dungey is right where he was in 2010...one spot ahead of metcalfe and brayton...ish...

when rv, cr, and js are there, they belong in front of him...nuff said...

deny it all you want
Are you talking about the same Dungey that was a broken chain and a table spoon of fuel away from the 2011 sx and mx championships?

Post a reply to: Was the word from the Dungey Camp?

The Latest