WW Motocross CLOSED?

floldschool
Edited Date/Time 7/15/2014 6:09pm
Does anyone know what is going on there? Paid my $100 membership fee and the track is always closed. Maybe if they reopen members will get some free rides.
|
Jakes Dad
4/6/2014 8:37pm
Do you follow them on Facebook? They keep it updated quite often.
floldschool
4/7/2014 6:42am
Yes I do Jakes Dad and Instagram. There website does now say closed until further notice. Kind of sucks I paid $100 and now I have not been able to ride there in weeks!
JBlain619
4/7/2014 7:06am
Yes I do Jakes Dad and Instagram. There website does now say closed until further notice. Kind of sucks I paid $100 and now I have...
Yes I do Jakes Dad and Instagram. There website does now say closed until further notice. Kind of sucks I paid $100 and now I have not been able to ride there in weeks!
No offense but a $100 membership fee is nothing. We have to pay $50 a day to ride at one of the tracks around here!
dennisjonon
4/7/2014 8:53am
100 bucks is a lot, i don't know what your talking about willis!

50 a day to ride where u are? better be able to strike gold out there.

The Shop

35smom
4/7/2014 9:10am
100 bucks is a lot, i don't know what your talking about willis! 50 a day to ride where u are? better be able to strike...

Its $40 a day to ride Etown. $30 a day for most others within driving range. East coast is expensive!
JBlain619
4/7/2014 9:49am
100 bucks is a lot, i don't know what your talking about willis! 50 a day to ride where u are? better be able to strike...

$100 membership to ride whenever, thats a steal. You could only ride twice at Blue Diamond in DE for that!
Jakes Dad
4/7/2014 10:36am
Looked at their last post on Facebook.

"working on everything,including planning on adding starting gate,inside spectator areas to the track"

Doesn't sound like they are closing to me. Wish we were 3 hours closer Jake liked this place.
dennisjonon
4/7/2014 11:53am

35smom wrote:
Its $40 a day to ride Etown. $30 a day for most others within driving range. East coast is expensive!
ouch thats highway robbery mannn! i remember 15 bucks a day and no membership in california but that was 10 plus years ago!
4/7/2014 12:05pm
They are getting the place ready to hold races. As many of you know, they did not have a start in place. They are also making some other changes, but I have no detail about them. They are not going anywhere.
floldschool
5/4/2014 7:39pm
Place is a joke still not open! Oh they got a Gold Cup I could care less.
7/15/2014 12:15pm
WW is slowly reopening. They had a ride day weekend before last. This vid is the latest iteration of the track. Though I live only 6 miles from there, I haven't been out to see it since the rebuild, but I believe I see the new start at the 2:16 mark in the vid. It looks like they cut down some of the giant hills they had built. My overall impression is that the track is faster, but as I said, I've not ridden on it since the rebuild.

OK, here you have it.

RbR
7/15/2014 12:36pm
Harry Backmon ... cool video and a nice bit of riding too. Is that you?
huck
7/15/2014 12:57pm
RbR wrote:
Do people even read anymore?

Shit, he said he hadn't been out there 2 times.....
IceMan446
7/15/2014 1:08pm
RbR wrote:
That's the son of the guy who bought RV's place.
Jeff alessi
7/15/2014 1:22pm
That track is sick. They should really consider shortening the practice track so they can keep it open at a lower cost and maybe hold big races more often.
7/15/2014 1:45pm
That track is sick. They should really consider shortening the practice track so they can keep it open at a lower cost and maybe hold big...
That track is sick. They should really consider shortening the practice track so they can keep it open at a lower cost and maybe hold big races more often.
Jeff, have you been on it? My guess is "yes." It's so wide in spots that I get confused, but it's a good confusion!
Jakes Dad
7/15/2014 1:54pm
They probably have much bigger plans than Gold Cups and Winter Am's. This family has a much bigger more lucrative business on the adjoining property. Sporting clays and shooting. So going for an AMA National is something they could accomplish.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/15/2014 2:06pm
Track looks like a reincarnation of Seminole. Looks fun fun but of coarse like 6 hours away.
Tim Parsley
7/15/2014 4:34pm
Its been closed for a month or 2 while they have been re-designing parts of the track and putting in the starting gate and other things. They had a members only ride day recently but I see posts of local guys riding it all the time. Basically it looks to me that if you're in good with the owner he lets his buddies come out and ride whenever they want but no such luck for everyone else. $100 membership and $25 a day to ride or $45 a day without membership. Little steep for me. Rode it once and would like to ride there again but I dont have rich parents or a big-money job so I am S.O.L. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram, they update those more than the website.
7/15/2014 5:00pm
Tim, I think Junior is just trying to get an idea from various folks about how the track is working now before throwing the gates wide open. I'm not going to defend them or WW - I'm just telling you what I think is going on. As we both mentioned, he had the ride day recently for members only. I elected not to go as I'm too old for this danged heat and humidity at this time of the year, especially for that long track. 3 laps and I'm toasted!

As far as the price, that has been debated here in at least a few threads (ad-nauseam I might add). It is what it is. I intend to support Junior with an annual membership as long as he's open. He has millions invested in that place. I'm guessing with the latest changes (start gate and a redo from Dreamtraxx) and the finishing of some of the infrastructure (offices, sign-in, etc., ), that he's in for over 2 million now. I don't want the place to go away. I never would have thought that someone would come along and build that caliber of a track on the Westside - not in my wildest dreams. Yet, there it is. To top it all off, they are just really nice people.

So, the price is a bit high compared to other tracks in the area, but apparently not nearly as high as other areas. Tell your dad hello for me. Show him my picture (he took it), or just say "51y says hello."
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
7/15/2014 6:09pm
That track is sick. They should really consider shortening the practice track so they can keep it open at a lower cost and maybe hold big...
The track is awesome. Junior (the owner) is just as awesome as his facility. He puts a lot of time money and pride into that place. He's not going anywhere for a while. Not sure how the weather has been up that way lately, but I do know that when it rains, the track get shut down. Not a bad thing.

As for the price...you get what you pay for. This track is worth way beyond the $100 membership. Dade city and other local tracks are like $30 memberships for just a little Saturday night track. This place is a national caliber track and is worth every penny. I know it's hard to just go spend that much for the first weekend, but you won't regret doing it. Now that I'm back riding a little bit I plan to make the trip up there one weekend to put in a few laps.

Post a reply to: WW Motocross CLOSED?

The Latest