WTG DC

plowboy
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 4:46pm
Not sure how much you had to do with the whole Hangtown layout/prep/maintenance (I know this was a Dirt Diggers success) but you're the guy that lives or dies with how the weekend goes so you are getting my kudos. Can you duplicate all summer? A lot of work for you Buddy. Anyway...well done.
|
Zracer
5/17/2015 2:21pm
It turned into a decent track and looked to be a fun event. 450s running 2nd is the way it should be. Thanks for keeping outdoor MX alive DC.
Outsider
5/17/2015 2:25pm
The few times I've seen DC at the races he's been wearing Mechanix gloves and working... clearly loves the sport and if he can make a living from it, more power to him.

I wonder if GL ever mends fences around the GP circuits.. Woohoo
plowboy
5/17/2015 2:30pm
Outsider wrote:
The few times I've seen DC at the races he's been wearing Mechanix gloves and working... clearly loves the sport and if he can make a...
The few times I've seen DC at the races he's been wearing Mechanix gloves and working... clearly loves the sport and if he can make a living from it, more power to him.

I wonder if GL ever mends fences around the GP circuits.. Woohoo
I'm not sure he's within a thousand miles of any event...just in case the riders want to get their hands on his throat.
KMC440
5/17/2015 4:21pm
I had a pic of DC on my phone taking a vid on his phone of the first turn at Millville a few phones ago ...

It just reminds me of how Davey is into it as much as we are. Core till we don't breath ( Wink ) anymore.

The Shop

tiddlermx23
5/17/2015 5:44pm
Im sorry but you will never see a promoter work as hard and get as dirty as DC does during a race weekend. I don't think he ever sits still..
mx836
5/17/2015 5:47pm
Even if you don't agree with all of his decisions, you can't deny his hard work, dedication, and commitment to bettering MX.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/17/2015 5:56pm
plowboy wrote:
I'm not sure he's within a thousand miles of any event...just in case the riders want to get their hands on his throat.
Yikes!
Moto810
5/17/2015 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 9:11pm
I hope you all understand Mx sports was one company of a few that tried to get the Outdoors contract. They are not keeping it alive. They are running a business. It is that simple. If it was not a business they would not be running it. Making money is the goal. Difficult to do in this sport.

It would be nice to see Pro motocross thrive. I think they are going to have a rough year or two but we will see how it goes moving forward. The AMA does not help the situation as they seem dazed and confused with the sport.
A. DLeary
5/17/2015 6:25pm
I loved the race.
The new "half pipe" made me realize that we can still create new things in this sport if we have the imagination to do so.
That big jump made me remember the old days when not everyone would be able to huck the big jump at the track, but if you want to you can.
The roughness of the track.

Overall a perfect opener IMO.
motomike137
5/17/2015 6:31pm
A. DLeary wrote:
I loved the race. The new "half pipe" made me realize that we can still create new things in this sport if we have the imagination...
I loved the race.
The new "half pipe" made me realize that we can still create new things in this sport if we have the imagination to do so.
That big jump made me remember the old days when not everyone would be able to huck the big jump at the track, but if you want to you can.

^^^
Seamorbutts
5/17/2015 6:39pm
A. DLeary wrote:
I loved the race. The new "half pipe" made me realize that we can still create new things in this sport if we have the imagination...
I loved the race.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can agree with your post. lol
stash124
5/17/2015 7:36pm
I've seen DC on more than one occasion busting his ass out there just like any other track worker. Go to Loretta's and see who covers more ground. I think MX Sports has been nothing but a positive for the outdoors. I watched all 4 motos live, and I thought the track was great. Never been a better time to be a moto fan.
jeffro503
5/17/2015 7:56pm
Yes sir indeed! Thanks DC for basically everything! The track looked awesome and super gnarly! Not one complaint from me.
DC
5/17/2015 8:00pm
Hey thanks for that, I really love what I get to do during the summer, which is help out at the races. The Dirt Diggers and John Ayers get the credit for the race-day track conditions because of the decisions they made and they work they did. But yes, we discussed ways to keep the tracks rough (but safe) all year long and I am sure Glen Helen will be just as gnarly. I am already here in San Bernardino and will start working out there with Jody and Karl Scanlon and Tom and Mark and everyone else and hopefully have an even bigger race that last year. I just hope we have closer second motos!

And remember, Glen Helen motos start at 2, just like Hangtown. All four motos live again.

DC
MX Sports
tprice07
5/17/2015 8:04pm
DC wrote:
Hey thanks for that, I really love what I get to do during the summer, which is help out at the races. The Dirt Diggers and...
Hey thanks for that, I really love what I get to do during the summer, which is help out at the races. The Dirt Diggers and John Ayers get the credit for the race-day track conditions because of the decisions they made and they work they did. But yes, we discussed ways to keep the tracks rough (but safe) all year long and I am sure Glen Helen will be just as gnarly. I am already here in San Bernardino and will start working out there with Jody and Karl Scanlon and Tom and Mark and everyone else and hopefully have an even bigger race that last year. I just hope we have closer second motos!

And remember, Glen Helen motos start at 2, just like Hangtown. All four motos live again.

DC
MX Sports
It is truly amazing that we are able to so closely communicate with you Davey. It shows the love and passion you have for the sport. I only wish we could have the same for Supercross. I can't imagine anyone from Feld getting on here. I saw one interview with a guy from feld and all he talked about was money and barely new the sport.
500guy
5/17/2015 8:06pm
burn1986 wrote:
Yikes!
Body Guards and stays hidden away in a secure area, is what it looked like the 3-4 events I saw Him at.
\
DC is the Man, meets the public head on.
Outsider
5/17/2015 8:07pm
Great job DC and thank you!
zehn
5/17/2015 8:16pm
Moto810 wrote:
I hope you all understand Mx sports was one company of a few that tried to get the Outdoors contract. They are not keeping it alive...
I hope you all understand Mx sports was one company of a few that tried to get the Outdoors contract. They are not keeping it alive. They are running a business. It is that simple. If it was not a business they would not be running it. Making money is the goal. Difficult to do in this sport.

It would be nice to see Pro motocross thrive. I think they are going to have a rough year or two but we will see how it goes moving forward. The AMA does not help the situation as they seem dazed and confused with the sport.
Dude, you've had the shittiest attitude all weekend. You might want to take a break from the forum for a couple days, because everything from you lately has been nothing but negativity.

Of course they're running a business with the goal to make money (or at least break even), and nobody can fault them for that. Money makes the world go around, and without it, you wouldn't have the privilege of watching some of the best riders in the world compete every Saturday from the comfort of your home.

Pro Motocross is indeed thriving, and it's the best thing the AMA has going for it right now (other than SX).
Kawi15
5/17/2015 8:49pm
The track was great IMO.
I love the way the AMA prepares their tracks. Makes for great moto.
Hut
5/17/2015 8:58pm
Right on! Great job as usual DC and Co.
jemcee
5/18/2015 1:29am
yeah it looked pretty good Davey but the live internet feed didn't work for me for any of the motos and for when the races are on in the middle of the night over here the archives take too long to try and wait and watch them later so I've decided to get paytv which will cost me about $50 a month.. sooo seeing as though that's obviously your fault do we just work out a paypal account you can contribute to or.... what will be easier?

naaah just jokes.. Although I still can't work out why the pay per view set up wouldn't work for the internationals but I'm not that smart so no surprises there
brett12486
5/18/2015 6:46am
jemcee wrote:
yeah it looked pretty good Davey but the live internet feed didn't work for me for any of the motos and for when the races are...
yeah it looked pretty good Davey but the live internet feed didn't work for me for any of the motos and for when the races are on in the middle of the night over here the archives take too long to try and wait and watch them later so I've decided to get paytv which will cost me about $50 a month.. sooo seeing as though that's obviously your fault do we just work out a paypal account you can contribute to or.... what will be easier?

naaah just jokes.. Although I still can't work out why the pay per view set up wouldn't work for the internationals but I'm not that smart so no surprises there
If you download google chrome and use the hola plug in you can use the stream for america. I did the opposite when i needed to use the international stream for a few supercross races.
jemcee
5/18/2015 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 4:46pm
brett12486 wrote:
If you download google chrome and use the hola plug in you can use the stream for america. I did the opposite when i needed to...
If you download google chrome and use the hola plug in you can use the stream for america. I did the opposite when i needed to use the international stream for a few supercross races.
yeah thanks but that didn't work either I was all over the map with it haha the feds prob thought I was trying to throw em off my tail..

There's a 'hola' add on on Firefox too if anyone was wondering

Post a reply to: WTG DC

The Latest