WTF is RV trying to say here?

rcm406
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2014 3:34pm
I thought sticking a front wheel in was racing, that's how he made all his passes. Confusing Dizzy I'm sure I'll get drilled by the 5 RV fanatics here in vitard land!Tongue

From Racerx:

Was it tough to work up? It looked like it took awhile.

It was tough. All of the guys were riding good, Ryan [Dungey] and especially Justin [Brayton], he was riding great. So it made it tough. You really had to make your passes stick, or else you would get into those battles like you saw some of the guys get into. The first five laps were pretty crazy, you saw guys just sticking it in everywhere. That’s probably exciting to watch for the fans, but as a racer, it’s like, let’s just calm down and start racing. You’re just waiting to get taken out, it just sucks to race that way.
|
jmx411
1/13/2014 10:15am
Its says I'm to good and you should never dare race me aggressive bc I'm a champion. I am really getting sick of RV and his arrogance
SEE ARE125
1/13/2014 10:17am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 10:18am
I think his idea of racing is just putting in clean solid laps without anyone bothering him. That's where he shines, putting in clean solid laps, passing guys and moving forward. But when someone runs it in on him or passes him he seems to get really frustrated. Not sure why he feels like guys shouldn't run it in on him and pass him. It's a fuggin race.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/13/2014 10:29am
It sounds like he didn't want to get into a slow race like happened with Alessi in the heat at A1.

Make a pass, and get a gap, not just make a pass and have the guy come back at you in the next turn.
MtnBoy
1/13/2014 10:41am
GuyB wrote:
It sounds like he didn't want to get into a slow race like happened with Alessi in the heat at A1. Make a pass, and get...
It sounds like he didn't want to get into a slow race like happened with Alessi in the heat at A1.

Make a pass, and get a gap, not just make a pass and have the guy come back at you in the next turn.
Nah, that makes too much sense, way easier to just hate on the guy....

It must really suck to be a Dungey fan on weeks like this, Dungey started 2nd and finished third, RV started 9th and finished 1st, that has to sting a little....

The Shop

Camp332
1/13/2014 10:45am
I think he's trying to say he can do more squats than all of these guys, and just watch out Bro's!
peelout
1/13/2014 10:50am
rcm406 wrote:
I thought sticking a front wheel in was racing, that's how he made all his passes. Confusing :S I'm sure I'll get drilled by the 5...
I thought sticking a front wheel in was racing, that's how he made all his passes. Confusing Dizzy I'm sure I'll get drilled by the 5 RV fanatics here in vitard land!Tongue

From Racerx:

It was tough. All of the guys were riding good, Ryan [Dungey] and especially Justin [Brayton], he was riding great. So it made it tough. You really had to make your passes stick, or else you would get into those battles like you saw some of the guys get into. The first five laps were pretty crazy, you saw guys just sticking it in everywhere. That’s probably exciting to watch for the fans, but as a racer, it’s like, let’s just calm down and start racing. You’re just waiting to get taken out, it just sucks to race that way.
is this all you do? seems like the last week or more all you do is try to troll with RV shit, just fucking stop already.

getting really old.
IWreckALot
1/13/2014 10:51am
GuyB wrote:
It sounds like he didn't want to get into a slow race like happened with Alessi in the heat at A1. Make a pass, and get...

MtnBoy wrote:
Nah, that makes too much sense, way easier to just hate on the guy.... It must really suck to be a Dungey fan on weeks like...

It must really suck to be a Dungey fan on weeks like this, Dungey started 2nd and finished third, RV started 9th and finished 1st, that has to sting a little....
The most frustrating part is Dungey barely lost any time to RV after he got passed. So he has the pace to run his speed. He just doesn't realize it until he gets passed by RV. Although, RV and DM both had Dungey by a few bike lengths at the end of the race.

I agree with what GuyB wrote. Overanalyzing RV's words can lead to tons of places. Although I do like it when RV is slowed down. Seems to be the only way the rest of the field has a chance.
shredder22
1/13/2014 10:52am
rcm406 wrote:
I thought sticking a front wheel in was racing, that's how he made all his passes. Confusing :S I'm sure I'll get drilled by the 5...

From Racerx:

peelout wrote:
is this all you do? seems like the last week or more all you do is try to troll with RV shit, just fucking stop already...
is this all you do? seems like the last week or more all you do is try to troll with RV shit, just fucking stop already.

getting really old.
What are they gonna do? They're favorite riders are getting spanked by him, so they've gotta come on mx forums and try to knock RV down a few pegs.
shredder22
1/13/2014 10:53am
MtnBoy wrote:
Nah, that makes too much sense, way easier to just hate on the guy.... It must really suck to be a Dungey fan on weeks like...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^EXACTLY
Rizzo
1/13/2014 11:11am
GuyB wrote:

Also, he specifically says the first 5 laps. Its a long 20 lap race, plenty of time to make a move, lets not get all crazy in the beginning and plow each other and let the leader get away. When the top 10 guys are all within 1 second of each other, all that matters. IMO, he's trying to say let the cream rise to the top and then hash it out on the last 5 laps, not the first 5.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/13/2014 11:11am
Ryan picked off a rider a lap early in the race.
gharmon
1/13/2014 11:16am
jmx411 wrote:
Its says I'm to good and you should never dare race me aggressive bc I'm a champion. I am really getting sick of RV and his...
Its says I'm to good and you should never dare race me aggressive bc I'm a champion. I am really getting sick of RV and his arrogance
Not a nut hugger here for sure but I don't see anything even remotely arrogant in that statement.
1/13/2014 11:28am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 11:49am
GuyB wrote:

MtnBoy wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
The most frustrating part is Dungey barely lost any time to RV after he got passed. So he has the pace to run his speed. He...
The most frustrating part is Dungey barely lost any time to RV after he got passed. So he has the pace to run his speed. He just doesn't realize it until he gets passed by RV. Although, RV and DM both had Dungey by a few bike lengths at the end of the race.

I agree with what GuyB wrote. Overanalyzing RV's words can lead to tons of places. Although I do like it when RV is slowed down. Seems to be the only way the rest of the field has a chance.
Things looked pretty clean for RV when he raced Short and Stewie. Maybe Wey fought him hard....but what I think he was talking about was all the crazy riding between RD, Barcia, and KRoc on lap 8. He came very close to hitting KR and going down.

As for speed...numbers do not lie.

RV catching RD (RV passed the 94 and 51 on lap 8)
Lap 9-12 RV Ave Time: 56.39
Lap 9-12 Rd Ave Time: 57.04

RV about .60 faster....

After RV passed RD (Lap 12) and JB (Lap 14)

Lap 12-14 RV Ave Time: 56.80
Lap 14-20 RV Ave Time: 57.20
Lap 12-20 RD Ave Time: 57.57

RV about .50 faster....

I dont see that this was close at any point. At a slick track...especially one with such a long fast sweeper (RV is the BEST flat tracker)...no one has speed to match RV. On grippier tracks...JS may have something for him is he keeps it on two wheels. Barcia has Qual speed...and heat speed...but not main speed. Is it fitness? Is it mental? RD gives up positions easy, and takes them with difficulty, which costs him way too much time to be a championship threat unless RV crashes out of the series.

The thing I found interesting was that Brayton stepped it up so much on a slick track. The new YZ clearly was dialed for that track

The A2/Oak/A3 swing will be interesting. JS showed speed on the Anaheim dirt...and he has always been strong at Oakland. Hopefully he has something to keep RV honest.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
1/13/2014 11:33am
rcm406 wrote:

From Racerx:

Your post has no valid point........ We already know you dont like RV
Outsider
1/13/2014 11:56am
Oh look, more fucking whining...
TRON
1/13/2014 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 12:12pm
jmx411 wrote:
Its says I'm to good and you should never dare race me aggressive bc I'm a champion. I am really getting sick of RV and his...

Until someone else can straight up beat him, he can be as arrogant as he wants.

Stewart is the definition of arrogance in the moto dictionary.
machine
1/13/2014 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 12:13pm
rcm406 wrote:

From Racerx:

Dude?? I'm not like those Stewart fans, so i'm not gonna go ballistic on you and call you a hater, but it's obvious to everyone what your trying to do. Look, I can tell you have a pretty good sense of humor by some of your posts, but chill a little. You need to get back on those meds you were taking when you finally gave up on Stewart a little while back..remember that?..Wink
stewie94
1/13/2014 12:14pm
im kinda 50 / 50 on this , i understand his point of view but then again its racing......???? i would really be interested to see jlaw come back & start to mess with dungey & villopoto to see how they would react
mxb2
1/13/2014 12:30pm
stewie94 wrote:
im kinda 50 / 50 on this , i understand his point of view but then again its racing......???? i would really be interested to see...
im kinda 50 / 50 on this , i understand his point of view but then again its racing......???? i would really be interested to see jlaw come back & start to mess with dungey & villopoto to see how they would react
lol, i doubt jlaw could even qualify for the main. villo and dungey race for wins.
erikcrvjl
1/13/2014 12:45pm
WTF is RCM406 trying to say here?

Sounds like he likes getting "drilled" by RV fans Sick

From Vitalmx:

I thought sticking a front wheel in was racing, that's how he made all his passes. Confusing Dizzy I'm sure I'll get drilled by the 5 RV fantics here in vitard land! Tongue
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
1/13/2014 12:49pm
I don't think RV was specifically talking about people dicing with him as much as what he saw on the track with other riders dicing with each other. (Barcia,Kenny etc.) I'm sure he saw plenty of garbage on his way thru the pack.
machine
1/13/2014 12:52pm
hartebreak wrote:
I don't think RV was specifically talking about people dicing with him as much as what he saw on the track with other riders dicing with...
I don't think RV was specifically talking about people dicing with him as much as what he saw on the track with other riders dicing with each other. (Barcia,Kenny etc.) I'm sure he saw plenty of garbage on his way thru the pack.
Probably that ..and Brayton, who can ride aggressive at times from his arena cross days.
Motoxdoc
1/13/2014 12:53pm
rcm406 wrote:

From Racerx:

There's nothing to stir here......move along folks!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
1/13/2014 12:55pm
Not hating on RV or anything but I can't help notice a trend. Anyone tries to race him, pass him back, generally race him, and it's stupid in his mind. Like I said, not hating, I like RV, but I am noticing a trend.
Big Lenny
1/13/2014 1:17pm
Sounds like he would rather be up front instead of in the pack where everybody is all "Willy-Nilly" the first few laps....
zook11
1/13/2014 1:43pm
rcm406 wrote:

From Racerx:

peelout wrote:
is this all you do? seems like the last week or more all you do is try to troll with RV shit, just fucking stop already...

getting really old.
X2
machine
1/13/2014 2:07pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Not hating on RV or anything but I can't help notice a trend. Anyone tries to race him, pass him back, generally race him, and it's...
Not hating on RV or anything but I can't help notice a trend. Anyone tries to race him, pass him back, generally race him, and it's stupid in his mind. Like I said, not hating, I like RV, but I am noticing a trend.
I think he's so focused on the championship and he knows that just ONE takeout can ruin it in an instant this year in particular. Can't blame him really....
MXisLIFE
1/13/2014 2:24pm
I think RV meant more along the lines that people are trying to win the race on the first lap instead of settling down after the holeshot and regroup and then charge instead guys are going wide open in to every corner on the first lap.. Nothing arrogant about that in the slightest way
1/13/2014 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 2:32pm
Dungey proved he has no sack. Embarrassing to watch him check up as hard as he did. Looked like he was taking a right turn in the left hander.

Post a reply to: WTF is RV trying to say here?

The Latest