WTB 2017 KTM wholesale in crate

riv187
Hi
Is there a US dealer for KTM selling new in the crate KTMs shipped to your home? I'm interested in buying a 250 SX and would wire funds for a new one if price is right.
Thanks for reccomandations
|
slipdog
7/24/2016 4:30pm
have two ready to ship, just Western Union the funds to me and I'll send you the tracking number.
Pirate421
7/24/2016 4:35pm
Is this actually possible? I've had a couple dealers say that couldn't ship bikes and couldn't sell in a crate.
MotoX85
7/24/2016 4:37pm
I know for a fact you can buy in the crate, buy almost all my bikes that way, not sure about shipping, don't know why not

The Shop

mx317
7/24/2016 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 4:45pm
Something new KTM is doing is that the dealer must assemble the bike, warranty register it, get a code to unlock the ecu before it will run. This is on all Efi KTMs, not the 2-strokes. This is on 2017 bikes.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/24/2016 4:45pm
Shipping is the problem. Can't be that difficult to figure out tho. FedEx Freight does it, can't be cheap tho...
I got my first crated bike last year.

MotoX85
7/24/2016 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 4:48pm
Atvs and more in salem, illinois is a ktm dealer. His son his a very fast amateur that trains in GA. He has great prices and if shipping is not possible, I have seen him bring bikes to people before. Maybe you could meet in GA.

618 548 1360. Talk to charlie or joe
RMT
7/24/2016 4:50pm
mx317 wrote:
Something new KTM is doing is that the dealer must assemble the bike, warranty register it, get a code to unlock the ecu before it will...
Something new KTM is doing is that the dealer must assemble the bike, warranty register it, get a code to unlock the ecu before it will run. This is on all Efi KTMs, not the 2-strokes. This is on 2017 bikes.
You are correct and other OEM's are going to start doing this going forward. Arctic Cat also does this. Your going to get several guys telling you they got bikes in crates, but the only way that can be done now is if they take it out of the crate, assemble it, warranty register it, pay it off and use the KTM computer to unlock the bike. Then they can take it back apart and put it in a crate and send it to anywhere in the US. If one of the dealers were stupid enough to ship it in the crate without a full PDI, the bike will run for awhile and then limp mode. Hope this never happens as it could be dangerous.
bvm111
7/24/2016 5:11pm
I'm interested in either a 16 or 17 350 SX
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/24/2016 6:08pm
mx317 wrote:
Something new KTM is doing is that the dealer must assemble the bike, warranty register it, get a code to unlock the ecu before it will...
RMT wrote:
You are correct and other OEM's are going to start doing this going forward. Arctic Cat also does this. Your going to get several guys telling...
You are correct and other OEM's are going to start doing this going forward. Arctic Cat also does this. Your going to get several guys telling you they got bikes in crates, but the only way that can be done now is if they take it out of the crate, assemble it, warranty register it, pay it off and use the KTM computer to unlock the bike. Then they can take it back apart and put it in a crate and send it to anywhere in the US. If one of the dealers were stupid enough to ship it in the crate without a full PDI, the bike will run for awhile and then limp mode. Hope this never happens as it could be dangerous.
I had never heard of having to get a code to "unlock" a new bike. I didnt even think of a possible safety issue like you described. That would suck if your going up a face and it goes into "limp" mode. I cant help to think that if a mechanic makes a mistake in the process someone could really get hurt. There are several situations where a human can make a mistake that could yield dire consequences. I would think that would be a huge liability issue. Actually, kind of surprises me that they would do that.
ge217
7/24/2016 6:16pm
I'm confused on why the bike has to be taken out of the crate to "warranty register it" as well as have the computer hooked up to the ecu...
JB 19
7/24/2016 6:26pm
slipdog wrote:
have two ready to ship, just Western Union the funds to me and I'll send you the tracking number.
Laughing
stone881
7/24/2016 6:31pm
Try Uship to cut down on your shipping costs. I have never had a problem and shipped 3 bikes in the last couple of years. Plus it doesn't need to be in a crate to ship.
7/24/2016 6:34pm
ge217 wrote:
I'm confused on why the bike has to be taken out of the crate to "warranty register it" as well as have the computer hooked up...
I'm confused on why the bike has to be taken out of the crate to "warranty register it" as well as have the computer hooked up to the ecu...
It's a liability issue, if the bike is uncrated by the dealer, prepped by the dealer and the prep sheet is signed by the customer, the manufacturers insurance will cover the dealership in the event of a problem related to any of the above.
mx317
7/24/2016 6:36pm
kzizok wrote:
I had never heard of having to get a code to "unlock" a new bike. I didnt even think of a possible safety issue like you...
I had never heard of having to get a code to "unlock" a new bike. I didnt even think of a possible safety issue like you described. That would suck if your going up a face and it goes into "limp" mode. I cant help to think that if a mechanic makes a mistake in the process someone could really get hurt. There are several situations where a human can make a mistake that could yield dire consequences. I would think that would be a huge liability issue. Actually, kind of surprises me that they would do that.
The KTM does not go to limp mode. It will start and run about 5 seconds then quit until it is taken out of transportation lock There is no way to make a mistake to where it is unsafe, it either runs or it doesn't. This insures two things, one is that only a dealer can prep the bike and two, you can't stretch KTMs 30 day warranty out by not warranty registering it.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/24/2016 6:40pm
kzizok wrote:
I had never heard of having to get a code to "unlock" a new bike. I didnt even think of a possible safety issue like you...
mx317 wrote:
The KTM does not go to limp mode. It will start and run about 5 seconds then quit until it is taken out of transportation lock...
The KTM does not go to limp mode. It will start and run about 5 seconds then quit until it is taken out of transportation lock There is no way to make a mistake to where it is unsafe, it either runs or it doesn't. This insures two things, one is that only a dealer can prep the bike and two, you can't stretch KTMs 30 day warranty out by not warranty registering it.
OK, that makes sense.
7/24/2016 6:47pm
slipdog wrote:
I'll take both.
riv187
7/24/2016 6:52pm
I'm interested in the new 2 stroke model. In the past I have assisted my friend in sending dozens of bikes over seas. He got them in the factory crates,,even had a Kawasaki 18 wheeler truck once pull up to his residence and unload 1/2 dozen,,,then we would re wrap them in smaller tighter cacoons plastic wrapped to export. The over seas shippers go by the inch so hundreds where saved each one repacking the factory crate bike to a smaller unit. He wasn't doing KTMs, so doesn't have connection there.
I've had a $6905 offer on a '17 Husky TC250 in crate.
I bet there is a shop that does mega volume doing this,,or one that does no volume and small that is happy to sell one at a small mark-up and no work. I'm old school and love 70s-80s 2 strokes,,,,but this new KTM 250 2 stroke looks like a giant step forward and has me interested in getting one if it's a good deal. Otherwise I'll wait a year for a left-over or low hour re-sale.

U-ship is awesome way to get stuff sent.
Lightning78
7/24/2016 6:56pm
slipdog wrote:
Hey slipdog is this something you're able to do in the future? I just started an incredibly amazing job and I'm working on saving up funds to buy a 2017 or newer KTM 250sx, Husky TC250, or YZ250 and you're up in NorCal correct? My parents live about 15 miles AWAY from Stockton in a microscopic town called Linden. I come up there to visit them 6-10 times a year and I would LOVE to be able to buy one of the above said bikes still in a crate.

Either have it shipped to Huntington Beach or preferably stop by your spot buy the bike still in the crate, go back to my parents place, assemble the bike and break it in at Carnegie, Club Moto, or my buddy's backyard track. I'll have my other bike with me so me and my dad can go riding together like the good ol days. That would be sofa-King awesome! I'm not ready yet but since the subject came I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring for this bec I DO intend on buying a brand new 250 2 stroke still in the crate just gotta save up that money-money buy it outright
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/24/2016 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 7:28pm
slipdog wrote:
Hey slipdog is this something you're able to do in the future? I just started an incredibly amazing job and I'm working on saving up funds...
Hey slipdog is this something you're able to do in the future? I just started an incredibly amazing job and I'm working on saving up funds to buy a 2017 or newer KTM 250sx, Husky TC250, or YZ250 and you're up in NorCal correct? My parents live about 15 miles AWAY from Stockton in a microscopic town called Linden. I come up there to visit them 6-10 times a year and I would LOVE to be able to buy one of the above said bikes still in a crate.

Either have it shipped to Huntington Beach or preferably stop by your spot buy the bike still in the crate, go back to my parents place, assemble the bike and break it in at Carnegie, Club Moto, or my buddy's backyard track. I'll have my other bike with me so me and my dad can go riding together like the good ol days. That would be sofa-King awesome! I'm not ready yet but since the subject came I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring for this bec I DO intend on buying a brand new 250 2 stroke still in the crate just gotta save up that money-money buy it outright
Pretty sure he was joking in reference to internet schemes. I could be wrong but its just how interpreted it.
slipdog
7/24/2016 7:28pm
slipdog wrote:
Hey slipdog is this something you're able to do in the future? I just started an incredibly amazing job and I'm working on saving up funds...

Hey sorry everyone, I'm just a suspension tuner and resident smart ass. I guess I didn't lay the sarcasm on enough with the Western Union payment crack.

I'm planning on getting a '17 tc250 from Bart (Vital member RMGSXR) at Donnell's when he gets his shipment.
riv187
7/24/2016 7:29pm
Slip dog,,you don't mind if I send you a cashiers check drawn on a Nigerian bank and have a truck pick it up? You can give the excess amount of check to the trucker for his time, Thank you..LOL...
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/24/2016 7:39pm
What if you use an aftermarket ECU i.e. Vortex. I don't think there's a way to block that, right?
NeedMoto
7/24/2016 7:39pm
riv187 wrote:
Hi Is there a US dealer for KTM selling new in the crate KTMs shipped to your home? I'm interested in buying a 250 SX and...
Hi
Is there a US dealer for KTM selling new in the crate KTMs shipped to your home? I'm interested in buying a 250 SX and would wire funds for a new one if price is right.
Thanks for reccomandations
Munn racing in Texas. Two friends of mine, in the last few months bought 350's. Shipped within 5 miles of where they live. Shipping cost $300.00

Post a reply to: WTB 2017 KTM wholesale in crate

The Latest