WHY is 2015 SX series FIM sanctioned??

mauidex
12/17/2014 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 6:43pm
no races outside the united states...................i'm sure i am missing something but until Canada came into play there was no FIM sanction???
|
12/17/2014 4:36pm
Why is it not? Who makes that decision? And is it worth it to them (to have JS7 on the gate) to do whatever is necessary to kick the FIM to the curb?
Steve 396
12/17/2014 4:45pm
Because the powers that be wanted to have the FIM involved. Why? Maybe someone "in the know" can fill us in.
scott_nz
Fantasy
529th
12/17/2014 4:53pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Because the powers that be wanted to have the FIM involved. Why? Maybe someone "in the know" can fill us in.
because a number of years back the AMA tried to sell off the AMA supercross to a group called Jamsports, and Feld, (who where clear channel at the time) took them to court, and went and got the FIM on board as a back up plan to keep the supercross series they had built going, and they called it a world championship, so now you are stuck with them, until feld stop paying them to sanction them,
DownSouth
12/17/2014 4:55pm
The AMA and Feld (then Clear Channel) got into a power struggle over who controlled SX in the late 90's. The AMA wanted to take over the series and was going to use their own promoter (Jam Sports) and try to run the series without Feld. Feld decided they would keep going and brought the FIM in to be their sanctioning body.For a short while there was talk of two competing series. After both sides spent a bunch of time and money suing each other Feld still ended up running things and we ended up with both the AMA and FIM involved in sanctioning.

The Shop

mauidex
12/17/2014 4:57pm
if in fact that is the situation then i guess this points to FELD as completely in control of what happens to an all american series and it's competitors and whether they will accept this bullshit or not..................tell me if I'm wrong.........i'm not a James nuthugger.......he, or more precisely his team f'd up.........but this is bullshit and we have no need to fuk up our game playin by this buillshit ruling
DownSouth
12/17/2014 4:57pm
Steve 396 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
because a number of years back the AMA tried to sell off the AMA supercross to a group called Jamsports, and Feld, (who where clear channel...
because a number of years back the AMA tried to sell off the AMA supercross to a group called Jamsports, and Feld, (who where clear channel at the time) took them to court, and went and got the FIM on board as a back up plan to keep the supercross series they had built going, and they called it a world championship, so now you are stuck with them, until feld stop paying them to sanction them,
I see you beat me to the punch while I was typing...
12/17/2014 5:00pm
If the FIM were not involved, wouldn't the punishment then be set by WADA/USADA anyway? If that's the case then the punishment would probably be about the same.
DownSouth
12/17/2014 5:01pm
mauidex wrote:
if in fact that is the situation then i guess this points to FELD as completely in control of what happens to an all american series...
if in fact that is the situation then i guess this points to FELD as completely in control of what happens to an all american series and it's competitors and whether they will accept this bullshit or not..................tell me if I'm wrong.........i'm not a James nuthugger.......he, or more precisely his team f'd up.........but this is bullshit and we have no need to fuk up our game playin by this buillshit ruling
Technically Feld is just the production company who puts on the races. The AMA/FIM are the sporting federation who are supposed to be in charge of the rule making and enforcement. Many like to claim that Feld calls all the shots but none of us in the peanut gallery know for sure.
Falcon
Fantasy
843rd
12/17/2014 5:01pm
Independently of the James Stewart fiasco, I'd like to know this too. Why the hell do we even need an FIM sanction to run races here? Or even an AMA one, for that matter?

Hypothetically speaking, if Feld decided to run their own series with their own rules, they could. It would be just like any other "outlaw" race anywhere else in the United States, except there would be millions of dollars at stake. As long as the factories decided to follow the money, a Feld-produced outlaw race would quickly become the only title-awarding series with any credibility. Imagine "(Not AMA) Monster Energy Supercross, (not an FIM World Championship.)" I sure can.

Failing that, the AMA could go it alone without an FIM sanction. What on Earth does FIM bring us anymore anyway? Back when the GP riders were heads and shoulders better than the US guys, an FIM sanction was worth a lot of legitimacy for our nascent sport. That went away in about 1981 when we started kicking the world's ass.

Steve 396
12/17/2014 5:02pm
I do remember something along those lines now that you mention it. Thanks for clearing it up!
12/17/2014 5:05pm
Scott is on it for the most part... at least as I remember it too. AMA (Sanctioning body) tried to work a deal with a new promoter (JamSports), but the current promoter (Clear Channel/Live Nation) said, hey no way and secured exclusive motorsports contracts with all the existing venues and got the FIM to become the sanctioning body for "their series". This essentially made it impossible for the AMA to continue with their original plan (I don't have the finger strength or the time to go into all that). Lawsuits followed but the outcome is a long term deal where the series is over seen by the FIM for many years to come.
rcannon
12/17/2014 5:05pm
Guys, a lot of these questions go way back to those discussions where the industry and fans would do anything they could to "grow the sport". Many warned of possible things that could happen, but it was worth it to "grow the sport"

So the did. It now falls under some sort of worldwide control. They got their wish. Instead of being dealt with, in house, it be a,
Me a national incident.

It's too late now to ask that this sport not be treated like the others. James camp was either too dumb to know the rules, or deliberately cheating. Neither is acceptable.
mauidex
12/17/2014 5:08pm
i might be clueless and not connecting all the dots...................my point is no need for any worldwide rules for a US based series........unless in fact FELD wants the wada/usada specs controlling it............

there is a price to be paid.............no matter waht...stewie and his team screqwed up..........but fukin up our game for the whole year is complete and utter bullshit...............

Europe needs the FIM.........countries are like states here...not bashing way it is.............can't have CA SX rules for anaheim and different ones for TX.................so no need in US.............

anyway just curious and points for discussion if anyone with any HP looks at this stuff...............bad for lots and lots of people for stewie to get fuked this bad over sometning so trivial............by an organization we don;t need

Crush
12/17/2014 5:18pm
If the FIM were not involved, wouldn't the punishment then be set by WADA/USADA anyway? If that's the case then the punishment would probably be about...
If the FIM were not involved, wouldn't the punishment then be set by WADA/USADA anyway? If that's the case then the punishment would probably be about the same.
Yep, and USADA hasn't shown to be any more or less different in terms of testing or penalties... Wasn't the guy who went after Lance from USADA?
The Rock
12/17/2014 6:43pm
mauidex wrote:
i might be clueless and not connecting all the dots...................my point is no need for any worldwide rules for a US based series........unless in fact FELD...
i might be clueless and not connecting all the dots...................my point is no need for any worldwide rules for a US based series........unless in fact FELD wants the wada/usada specs controlling it............

there is a price to be paid.............no matter waht...stewie and his team screqwed up..........but fukin up our game for the whole year is complete and utter bullshit...............

Europe needs the FIM.........countries are like states here...not bashing way it is.............can't have CA SX rules for anaheim and different ones for TX.................so no need in US.............

anyway just curious and points for discussion if anyone with any HP looks at this stuff...............bad for lots and lots of people for stewie to get fuked this bad over sometning so trivial............by an organization we don;t need

FELD wants FIM sanction to prevent another company from coming starting another SX series with a FIM sanction. It sure seems like a Euro SX series is almost to broil level and you know they'd love to have a round or two in the US.

Post a reply to: WHY is 2015 SX series FIM sanctioned??

The Latest