WHY WHY WHY

Switch
6/4/2012 10:48am
Is the Lurch guy back again screaming non stop all day long too? I know the guy is excited about moto, but damn man, settle down a little bit.
carlosmacho
6/4/2012 10:54am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 10:57am
. WHY do they have to announce at the nationals at 100 decibels? And play music at 120 decibels. The freeken 4 strokes are loud enough...

WHY do they have to announce at the nationals at 100 decibels?

And play music at 120 decibels.

The freeken 4 strokes are loud enough.

Seriously WHY?

I don't get it.

-31db, always use them at MX and SX. You should too. 10 pair $1.97 Walmart
bg22
Fantasy
3048th
6/4/2012 11:37am
. WHY do they have to announce at the nationals at 100 decibels? And play music at 120 decibels. The freeken 4 strokes are loud enough...

Seriously WHY?

I don't get it.

-31db, always use them at MX and SX. You should too. 10 pair $1.97 Walmart [img]http://rtikle.com/store/images/1100&.jpg[/img]
-31db, always use them at MX and SX. You should too. 10 pair $1.97 Walmart
x2 Smile
Rudeboy119
6/4/2012 11:39am
i agree, its really over the top, and the music makes me want to jump in an industrial grade wood chipper

The Shop

Cygnus
6/4/2012 11:44am
Agreed. Also The track announcer sucks bad. He must have sucked someone's dick to have the job. He definetly shouldn't be calling the races.
cjmx
Fantasy
1187th
6/4/2012 11:57am

Seriously WHY?

I don't get it.

agreed. Also, when they are not talking there was so much static. When I'm not walking around it's nice to sit on the sweeper on the hill. You can see the pipe jump, valley jump, and the gravity cavity. But it's so damn loud.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
6/4/2012 12:17pm
There were so many times I wanted to cut the speaker wires at Kenworthy's. During amateur events he'd go on and on and on and on. But I sure do miss kenworthys!
muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
6/4/2012 2:38pm
Lakewood 2012 was abnormally bad IMHO. There were a lot of sudden elevated volumes with things like "THEY ALMOST TOUCH" or "HE JUST ABOUT MAKES THE MOVE"...with riders that were well beyond 50 feet apart. My buddy and I looked at each other more than once and thought..."WTF did they just say? Seriously??"... I suppose it's to keep the energy level high and keep Joe Newfan entertained. However...the die hard fans can and will call b.s. on some of those things every time.
6/4/2012 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 3:15pm
muGz.147 wrote:
Lakewood 2012 was abnormally bad IMHO. There were a lot of sudden elevated volumes with things like "THEY ALMOST TOUCH" or "HE JUST ABOUT MAKES THE...
Lakewood 2012 was abnormally bad IMHO. There were a lot of sudden elevated volumes with things like "THEY ALMOST TOUCH" or "HE JUST ABOUT MAKES THE MOVE"...with riders that were well beyond 50 feet apart. My buddy and I looked at each other more than once and thought..."WTF did they just say? Seriously??"... I suppose it's to keep the energy level high and keep Joe Newfan entertained. However...the die hard fans can and will call b.s. on some of those things every time.

Joe Newfan entertained by 100 decibel yelling?

Lakewood 2012 was the same loudness as last year and the year before and...

muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
6/4/2012 3:36pm
muGz.147 wrote:
Lakewood 2012 was abnormally bad IMHO. There were a lot of sudden elevated volumes with things like "THEY ALMOST TOUCH" or "HE JUST ABOUT MAKES THE...

Joe Newfan entertained by 100 decibel yelling?

Lakewood 2012 was the same loudness as last year and the year before and...

I'm not saying that is the legitimate reason...just speculating. Furthermore...yes the volume was consistent with previous years, but some of the crap they were shouting was way off at times.
dkg
6/4/2012 3:42pm

I don't even care about the content.
TURN IT DOWN

In defense of the volume, you can sometimes hear in the background of the television broadcast interesting things sooner. Such as the Stewart fall this weekend. Other than that, I agree completely.
6/4/2012 3:43pm
muGz.147 wrote:
I'm not saying that is the legitimate reason...just speculating. Furthermore...yes the volume was consistent with previous years, but some of the crap they were shouting was...
I'm not saying that is the legitimate reason...just speculating. Furthermore...yes the volume was consistent with previous years, but some of the crap they were shouting was way off at times.
Agreed!
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
6/4/2012 3:56pm
The last couple of years I haven't sat at my favorite spots at both High Point and Steel City because of the speakers. About 3 years ago we sat where we like to and I literally felt sick for a couple of days afterwords because of the speakers. From 9 AM until 5PM and they really get to you. Sucks big time. That is my biggest complaint about the nationals. Last year, there was some real good real estate at High Point that wasn't occupied by fans because of the speakers. You would think they would realize that and make a change. But then again, not dissing on anyone but the people who would be in the know about turning them down is probably well away from the speakers and in the VIP areas.
TeamGreen
6/4/2012 4:53pm
A Race Radio/Adjustable freq radio & a headset...

"What announcer?"

"What music?"
TeamGreen
6/4/2012 5:21pm
TeamGreen wrote:
A Race Radio/Adjustable freq radio & a headset...

"What announcer?"

"What music?"

Walk around the city with a gas mask.
What pollution?

Copy last.

Bwahahahha!

We're jus' mean.
6/4/2012 5:29pm
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! AND CUT YOUR HAIR!!! Cant understand anything there singing. Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways to school in the snow with no shoes on. Seriously the noise can be annoying, but deal with it with ear plugs or something. Somebody has researched this and this is probably what the democratic likes.
Cygnus
6/4/2012 5:29pm
If its too loud you're too old.

But I was ready to go cut the wire to the speaker tower in front of us on Saturday. I was right by you on the hill by you CJ.
6/4/2012 5:44pm
minidad160 wrote:
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! AND CUT YOUR HAIR!!! Cant understand anything there singing. Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways to school...
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! AND CUT YOUR HAIR!!! Cant understand anything there singing. Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways to school in the snow with no shoes on. Seriously the noise can be annoying, but deal with it with ear plugs or something. Somebody has researched this and this is probably what the democratic likes.

Put in ear plugs.

What friends?

TeamGreen
6/4/2012 5:45pm
Cygnus wrote:
If its too loud you're too old. But I was ready to go cut the wire to the speaker tower in front of us on Saturday...
If its too loud you're too old.

But I was ready to go cut the wire to the speaker tower in front of us on Saturday. I was right by you on the hill by you CJ.
Dude,

I Iisten to my shit cranked to 11 in the Big Room; yet, I can't EVEN handle the distorted-x-tra-reverb shit they play at certain venues.

I'm jus' sayin'...
TannerMxer
6/4/2012 5:48pm

Seriously WHY?

I don't get it.

You answered your own question....

Unless they turn the PA system up even louder, you would never heard them over the bikes.
6/5/2012 12:02pm
I wonder who is in charge of the sound system.
Pretty obvious it's the same people at each venue cuz it's the same no matter where the race is.
EastFlorida
6/21/2012 4:04pm
They should transmit via FM so you can listen on headsets and also muffle the loud 4 strokes...
ProMoto
6/22/2012 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2012 8:02pm
I wish the announcing was much louder during timed qualifying. Zero clue whats going on as far as lap times. And since that is the whole purpose of that part of the day its kinda important right? I should not have to watch my phone when Im at live event.
6/22/2012 8:20pm
ProMoto wrote:
I wish the announcing was much louder during timed qualifying. Zero clue whats going on as far as lap times. And since that is the whole...
I wish the announcing was much louder during timed qualifying. Zero clue whats going on as far as lap times. And since that is the whole purpose of that part of the day its kinda important right? I should not have to watch my phone when Im at live event.

With all due respect...

rallendude
6/23/2012 6:18am
At High Point this year after the first 250 moto I was sick of the PA. I figured it was so loud because they appeared to only have one speaker tree hanging from a crane in the middle of the track. The only way for people on the far hill to hear it was to blast it wide open. We moved farther away and watched the second two races from beside the finish line.
6/23/2012 11:11am

Seriously WHY?

I don't get it.

put ear plugs in. its not that loud at every spot of the track. some spots, depending on how the wind is blowing, you cant hear it at all.

Post a reply to: WHY WHY WHY

The Latest