Vurbmoto Edit Contest

Premixed112
12/9/2015 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 12/15/2015 10:43am
Vurbmoto is having an editing contest with footage from their video War Machines. Here's my submission. I'm really wanting to do something in media for a living. Whether it be filming, editing, or just photography and hopefully will be able to do do a lot of motocross related stuff. Getting even through the first round would mean the world to me and youtube views and instagram likes are the only way to accomplish that, so I apologize for the whoring out of myself haha. But I hope some will watch and enjoy, it has an old school mx video vibe to it that I'm sure a lot of people who post on here are into.

EDIT: Had to re-upload my video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZpMCjWJPmg[/youtube]
|
stangkag
12/9/2015 9:51pm
Hell yeah, good job man! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Premixed112
12/9/2015 10:42pm
stangkag wrote:
Hell yeah, good job man! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Thanks!
Grizz
12/9/2015 11:21pm
Song is too over-played but the editing didn't go with the music much anyways. Honestly didn't get an old school vibe either.

Sorry just being honest.
Premixed112
12/9/2015 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2015 11:44pm
Grizz wrote:
Song is too over-played but the editing didn't go with the music much anyways. Honestly didn't get an old school vibe either.

Sorry just being honest.
I can take criticism. What do you mean by the song is overplayed, though? I haven't seen it in any edits. And we were given basically precut clips without sound to download for our material. There are some parts I would've had play a little longer, but there wasn't much I could do to edit the overall duration of a certain clip without it looking super manufactured. And I'm not into that look, I like it simple. But overall, I think it actually matched up with the music pretty well and I guess I meant old school vibe in the sense that rock like that song usually isn't used in MX edits much these days.

The Shop

12/10/2015 1:35am
Can't go wrong with some good old Rise Against.

Don't mean to jack your thread, but if anyone else has any entries, post em up in here! Love seeing other people's work. Here's what I cooked up, let me know what you think.

12/10/2015 3:56am
Can't go wrong with some good old Rise Against. Don't mean to jack your thread, but if anyone else has any entries, post em up in...

Don't mean to jack your thread, but if anyone else has any entries, post em up in here! Love seeing other people's work. Here's what I cooked up, let me know what you think.

Other then the part where the guy cuts the guys throat out, that was a pretty sick video!
12/10/2015 3:58am
Vurbmoto is having an editing contest with footage from their video War Machines. Here's my submission. I'm really wanting to do something in media for a...
Vurbmoto is having an editing contest with footage from their video War Machines. Here's my submission. I'm really wanting to do something in media for a living. Whether it be filming, editing, or just photography and hopefully will be able to do do a lot of motocross related stuff. Getting even through the first round would mean the world to me and youtube views and instagram likes are the only way to accomplish that, so I apologize for the whoring out of myself haha. But I hope some will watch and enjoy, it has an old school mx video vibe to it that I'm sure a lot of people who post on here are into.

EDIT: Had to re-upload my video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZpMCjWJPmg[/youtube]
I really liked yours too, but to kind of add on to what the other guy was saying while this song is awesome it just doesn't go very well with the video. In my opinion you need a dynamic song that flows with the editing of the video, that has transition points, and slows down for some of the slowmo parts. Then again I have never edited a video in my life so take this with a grain of saltTongue
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
12/10/2015 5:00am
So the contest is taking footage already taken and adding music?
steed 2.0
12/10/2015 6:19am
I'm Sorry, I Couldn't Resist...Blush

Samuel
12/10/2015 6:38am
I thought the music went well with the vid. I enjoyed it. The song is only overplayed if you play a lot of guitar hero. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. The second video is a bit too abstract for my taste, but I guess it's good to have some variety and uniqueness.
Premixed112
12/10/2015 7:05am
Can't go wrong with some good old Rise Against. Don't mean to jack your thread, but if anyone else has any entries, post em up in...

I watched your's early on. Not to be hypercritical, but there's too much going on for me and the way you slowed down the clips made them choppy. That's what I was trying to avoid in mine by keeping them the original quality and trying to keep them as raw as possible. But I think with some of your own footage or some stuff with a higher frame rate that you could slow down and cut up with out making it choppy, it could be a lot better.
12/10/2015 7:49am
When's the due date?

Thinking of giving it a burl when I get the time Cool
Love editing but with a computer as slow as a snail I find myself very uninspired.
Premixed112
12/10/2015 7:53am
When's the due date? Thinking of giving it a burl when I get the time B) Love editing but with a computer as slow as a...
When's the due date?

Thinking of giving it a burl when I get the time Cool
Love editing but with a computer as slow as a snail I find myself very uninspired.
It runs through midnight on the 25th! Might as well at least download the footage and mess around with it for fun! Regardless, I wanted to have that footage to practice with regardless of if I did well in the contest or not.
12/10/2015 7:58am
It runs through midnight on the 25th! Might as well at least download the footage and mess around with it for fun! Regardless, I wanted to...
It runs through midnight on the 25th! Might as well at least download the footage and mess around with it for fun! Regardless, I wanted to have that footage to practice with regardless of if I did well in the contest or not.
It is great practice, I'd say alot of the time a professional editor isn't even working with their own footage so yeah it's definitely cool of Vurb to provide this, good learning tool.
Premixed112
12/10/2015 8:23am
It runs through midnight on the 25th! Might as well at least download the footage and mess around with it for fun! Regardless, I wanted to...
It is great practice, I'd say alot of the time a professional editor isn't even working with their own footage so yeah it's definitely cool of...
It is great practice, I'd say alot of the time a professional editor isn't even working with their own footage so yeah it's definitely cool of Vurb to provide this, good learning tool.
Oh yeah, I agree. I have to say, there are some really talented people out there. I've been watching some submissions and getting self conscious about myself! I do a lot more photography and actually filming than editing. I've edited all the videos I've made, but it's not something I do very regularly.
ricko
12/10/2015 10:13am
Might have to give this a whirl and see how rusty I am at editing, its been a few years. I would pry be DQ'ed anyway.
12/10/2015 11:14am
Stoked you guys are having fun with this. I think it's really cool seeing the creative spin everyone puts on footage I've personally seen a million times. Keep up the good work everyone!
12/10/2015 11:31am
I watched your's early on. Not to be hypercritical, but there's too much going on for me and the way you slowed down the clips made...
I watched your's early on. Not to be hypercritical, but there's too much going on for me and the way you slowed down the clips made them choppy. That's what I was trying to avoid in mine by keeping them the original quality and trying to keep them as raw as possible. But I think with some of your own footage or some stuff with a higher frame rate that you could slow down and cut up with out making it choppy, it could be a lot better.
I didn't slow down any clips, only used them as they were provided.
Premixed112
12/15/2015 10:43am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2015 10:47am
Looks like maybe Vurb liked mine and got some inspiration! They used the same band and I didn't see much "editing directly to the music" in this one. Maybe I'll get a wildcard pick to move on to the next round haha. (of course, I'm being tongue in cheek, guys. Don't take what I just said too seriously :p)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HtHSbKdIoE[/youtube]

Post a reply to: Vurbmoto Edit Contest

The Latest