Vital MX Forum QNA: Justin Hill

GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
7/6/2015 9:00am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2017 4:40pm
All right, it's time for a BYOQ (Bring Your Own Questions) session with Red Bull KTM's Justin Hill. He'll be here this week, answering questions from you guys, so bring your best. He'll pick and choose what to answer.

So far 2015 hasn't been too kind to Justin, with ankle and head injuries, but when he's up to speed, he's always fast and stylish...like you'll see below.

He'll be here through the tenth. Remember, ask questions like you're face-to-face with him...and he has a big bouncer standing behind him. Smile

|
dsmith
Fantasy
1407th
7/6/2015 9:22am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 10:49am
Justin,
do you really drink real monsters/redbulls on the podium?...do you have any other hobbies?...do you eat anything special before a race?........did you have a favorite rider/racer growing up?who?...do you watch nfl?fav team?.....if you had to choose another path(jobwise)what would it be?...do you listen to music?....if so..whats your favorite band/group? ...whats your favorite tv show/movie?
MxKing809
Fantasy
175th
7/6/2015 9:28am
Team wise, what's different between Monster Kawi and KTM? Is it true that Monster Kawi has suspension settings they want you to run regardless of how you like bike setup?
7/6/2015 9:36am
Justin, how healthy are you now and what results would you be happy with going forward in the outdoors? Follow up question will you be with KTM again next year and is the current 250 program moving under the TLD tent next year? Good luck going forward and hope to see you enter 2016 healthy and ready to go.
imoto34
Fantasy
3137th
7/6/2015 9:43am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 9:47am
What was it like growing up with Josh as your brother on the moto side of life? The style you have is sick.

The Shop

RCB33
Fantasy
89th
7/6/2015 9:52am
What is your favorite city on the supercross circuit and favorite track in the nationals. Thanks for taking the time to do this,hope to hear your response soon.
7/6/2015 10:07am
Thanks for agreeing to come in here.

What's your most memorable day of racing? Where, when, and why?

At what point in your career did things finally click for you and you knew you were ready to turn it up?

What piece of moto advice has helped you the most and who did you get it from?

Thanks again, best of luck to you.
Bosco
7/6/2015 10:25am
imoto34 wrote:
What was it like growing up with Josh as your brother on the moto side of life? The style you have is sick.
This is kind of a follow on question.

I remember reading something Mel Pocock's dad said about the Pocock family - that having put all the effort they put in to get Mel to a pro level, they weren't sure if they would be able to do the same for the other brothers, both financially and emotionally.

Do you think that having an older brother who raced successfully at the very top helped or hindered your career? (Or did it have an effect at all?) Did the benefits (contacts in the industry, experience, etc.) outweigh any possible hindrances (financial difficulties, an idea of just how difficult it is)?

Best of luck in the rest of the season.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
7/6/2015 10:28am
dsmith wrote:
Justin, do you really drink real monsters/redbulls on the podium?...do you have any other hobbies?...do you eat anything special before a race?........did you have a favorite...
Justin,
do you really drink real monsters/redbulls on the podium?...do you have any other hobbies?...do you eat anything special before a race?........did you have a favorite rider/racer growing up?who?...do you watch nfl?fav team?.....if you had to choose another path(jobwise)what would it be?...do you listen to music?....if so..whats your favorite band/group? ...whats your favorite tv show/movie?
That's the best we can do for a question?
TailSoHard
7/6/2015 10:29am
The reviews of the outdoor tracks so far this year have been all over the board... some people think they're too rough, some think they're not rough enough, some guys like them, some guys hate them... As a pro rider and someone who's actually ridden them, what's been your impression of the tracks we've seen you race on so far this season? What kind of track do you prefer, and what kind of track would you say you excel at? Do you prefer a track that has giant jumps like Laroccos' Leap or the Fly 150 triple, or would you prefer a more manageable layout ("level the playing field", if you will) that would bring tighter racing, more close finishes, and allow underdogs to have a shot at a top 5 or top 10 finish?
7/6/2015 10:43am
dsmith wrote:
Justin, do you really drink real monsters/redbulls on the podium?...do you have any other hobbies?...do you eat anything special before a race?........did you have a favorite...
Justin,
GuyB wrote:
That's the best we can do for a question?
Why you so fast?
7/6/2015 11:06am
Acoustic or electric?

Favorite song to play?

Current favorite band?

The Unforgiven I, II, or III?

Tumblin
7/6/2015 11:09am
I know you've got some experience ringing the neck off a pea shooter and we all should be able to agree its a great moto tool for privateers to sharpen their teeth on with somewhat less money for a practice bike. But do you (or can you even at this point in your career be able to) get together in the off season and roach a few more tiddlers with a fast group?
7/6/2015 11:30am
First of all, it's really cool to have you to give us a little bit of your free time to answer some questions, I'll be thankful for that.

Few months ago, we've seen you for the first time on a 450 at the Monster Energy Cup, and you've been pretty impressive putting two strong races. I know you've had some problems during the Supercross season, but from the outside look of things, you didn't seem to have that same raw speed you've had at the MEC. It seems like your style suit the 450 more than 250. So is it true, and if yes, what do you like more on the big bike than the little one ? Do you've any expectation of were you could have finished if you would have ridden the 450 SX championship ?

I don't know if you'll answer my question but again, it's very cool from you to give us some of your time. Smile
KlootZak
7/6/2015 11:52am
Dear Justin,

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions. Last year, your Supercross season was pretty impressive and therefore plenty of people (including me) considered you the favorite for this year title. Unfortunately, that did not happen but people still believe in you because you have the raw speed. Even though this year was not a complete success, you were plenty of fast during qualification and even heat races, but unfortunately when the main event rolled up, the same intensity / speed was not there. What happened and how are you going to fix it for next year?

Kind regards! Wink
7/6/2015 12:11pm
Since you have worked for two of the most renowned team managers in the sport, and two legends Mitch Payton and Roger Decoster of course. What is it like, and how hard to they push you to achieve higher goals in your motocross career? You may not be able to answer this one, but who do you think is easier to rider for of the two as well? Thanks Justin!
7/6/2015 12:15pm
Justin,

what caused the worst pain you have ever had from riding?

myself, it was a broken pinky! and ive broken ankles and wrists. i thought that was strange

thanks,

travis
Kawasaki572
7/6/2015 1:57pm
Justin, how much hp is the factory ktm 250f's putting out?
VET176
7/6/2015 2:03pm
Dear Justin, do you post here?

Thanks for your time.

endurox
7/6/2015 2:04pm
Ever go trail riding to add some fun factor?
Gringoe
7/6/2015 2:15pm
How much are you getting paid to answer these ridiculous questions?

RPM68
7/6/2015 2:38pm
JHill,

You experienced first hand the results of poor flagging. How would you recommend MX Sports fixes that problem?
Justin Hill
7/6/2015 3:25pm
RPM68 wrote:
JHill,

You experienced first hand the results of poor flagging. How would you recommend MX Sports fixes that problem?
To RPM68 My opinion is that MX sports should follow suit more closely to what we have in Supercross. Meaning most all the flaggers are part of the crew and go to each race. I believe they are much more qualified then someone you would just find around town. Also in supercross we have big lights warning you when someone's down. Granted it will be harder to keep track off being that it's on a larger facility, when to turn them on and off. Regardless I think they could do it better that way.
Justin Hill
7/6/2015 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 3:38pm
Since you have worked for two of the most renowned team managers in the sport, and two legends Mitch Payton and Roger Decoster of course. What...
Since you have worked for two of the most renowned team managers in the sport, and two legends Mitch Payton and Roger Decoster of course. What is it like, and how hard to they push you to achieve higher goals in your motocross career? You may not be able to answer this one, but who do you think is easier to rider for of the two as well? Thanks Justin!
To keeptwostrokesalive Yes, I've been lucky enough to at this point in my career work along side both Mitch and Roger. Both of them really want to win and are ready to give knowledge on how to do so. And the push they both give is always constructive.
tprice07
7/6/2015 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 3:38pm
Is there any chance that you will be racing Des Nations on a KTM 450? You showed some spark on the 450 and Dungey is rumored to be out for this year.

I can't imagine DeCoster won't send one his own KTM boys. Also, are you racing 250 in the US MXGP?
sesker15
7/6/2015 3:56pm
Why the switch to Bell Helmets?
Thanks
7/6/2015 3:57pm
Hi Justin,

do you think pros would ever ride two strokes in the 250 class if big bores on 125s were allowed to, say, 167cc?

Or are you guys (pros) so in tune with the four strokes that you would never switch back to two strokes?
OR Racer46
Fantasy
794th
7/6/2015 4:21pm
Hi Justin Since I drive by your house / parents house pretty often It looks like you don't ride there anymore ? Is there a reason for that ? What other places in southern Oregon do you ride ? Ps I hope josh is getting better
PFO186
7/6/2015 6:37pm
Justin,
What are the pros/cons between steel and aluminum frames? Was it a noticeable difference?

Can you now beat your brother on the reg? How does he feel about that?

Good luck the rest of the year!

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Justin Hill

The Latest