and

What sucks about Vital?
|
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
3/7/2014 9:27pm
Noobies are considered queer.... good.

Noobies are allowed to post topics for first post.... bad.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
3/7/2014 9:41pm
what does this have to do with moto?
fanboy
3/7/2014 9:41pm
My observations as long-time lurker/ new member regarding the forum aspect of vital:
Good:
- A lot of active posters
- Rider info/news/rumors are never in shortage
- Entertaining race discussions
- Helpful info

Bad:
-No shortage of arrogance among posters.
-Most members suck the nuts of at least one rider
-Having many posts somehow qualifies for a special merit of being superior, as if something was actually accomplished by posting a lot on an internet forum (although this is something that happens on most forums).

As far as the website, excluding the forum, I don't see much bad. Just a quality news site always abundant in good pictures.
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 9:49pm
dsmith wrote:
what does this have to do with moto?
Site is moto, right? Just trying to see what the users have to say...

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/7/2014 10:02pm
fanboy wrote:
My observations as long-time lurker/ new member regarding the forum aspect of vital: Good: - A lot of active posters - Rider info/news/rumors are never in...
My observations as long-time lurker/ new member regarding the forum aspect of vital:
Good:
- A lot of active posters
- Rider info/news/rumors are never in shortage
- Entertaining race discussions
- Helpful info

Bad:
-No shortage of arrogance among posters.
-Most members suck the nuts of at least one rider
-Having many posts somehow qualifies for a special merit of being superior, as if something was actually accomplished by posting a lot on an internet forum (although this is something that happens on most forums).

As far as the website, excluding the forum, I don't see much bad. Just a quality news site always abundant in good pictures.
Number 2 on the bad list...says the guy with Fanboy as a username. Grinning

Massive numbers of posts (says the guy with over 20K) isn't always a sign of quality.

Good:
Pit Bits and other original content.
Race day threads with scottie and a bunch of the other pro bench racers.
When people who know what they're talking about chime in on the forum.
Bears.

Bad:
People who forget to say, "In my opinion..." when laying out what they think is going on.
Bro.
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 10:12pm
GuyB wrote:
Number 2 on the bad list...says the guy with Fanboy as a username. :lol: Massive numbers of posts (says the guy with over 20K) isn't always...

Massive numbers of posts (says the guy with over 20K) isn't always a sign of quality.

Good:
Bears.

Bad:
People who forget to say, "In my opinion..." when laying out what they think is going on.
Bro.
Might as well ask you. I saw this thread and noticed someone got clicked, from the thread it didn't appear like a reason to ban someone. I'm not looking to join a community, where members get clicked for trivial reasons. Care to elaborate?

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/factory-teams-running-thr…
mirramaxx
3/7/2014 10:08pm
Users post bike mods and even full bike projects... those never get old.
Race shop has been a big help on here for sure.
Search tool is nice also for getting info

And you will probably get a STFU Noob............
steve_97060
3/7/2014 10:17pm
GuyB wrote:
Number 2 on the bad list...says the guy with Fanboy as a username. :lol: Massive numbers of posts (says the guy with over 20K) isn't always...

Good:
Bears.

Bad:
Bro.
Might as well ask you. I saw this thread and noticed someone got clicked, from the thread it didn't appear like a reason to ban someone...
Might as well ask you. I saw this thread and noticed someone got clicked, from the thread it didn't appear like a reason to ban someone. I'm not looking to join a community, where members get clicked for trivial reasons. Care to elaborate?

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/factory-teams-running-thr…
Velocity, is that you, Bro?
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 10:32pm
nope.. I'm in CA..

That was like the second thread I clicked on, I read the whole thread and then POOF!... I was just really surprised to see that kind of stuff here..

and you seem to praise it? What gives there?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/7/2014 10:42pm
nope.. I'm in CA.. That was like the second thread I clicked on, I read the whole thread and then POOF!... I was just really surprised...
nope.. I'm in CA..

That was like the second thread I clicked on, I read the whole thread and then POOF!... I was just really surprised to see that kind of stuff here..

Ssshhh, they are watching you right now, they have eyes everywhere... The black helicopters have probably already been dispatched! I've said too muchLaughing
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 10:47pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Ssshhh, they are watching you right now, they have eyes everywhere... The black helicopters have probably already been dispatched! I've said too muchLaughing
Lol... the reason I mention it; From my experience, when forums click members at will, it just pisses those people off. They in turn, just sign up again and now have a reason to turn the site into a negative experience. Enough of that kind of clickability, will ultimately lead to a shitpile of posters who don't care about the content. And all because moderators, take their job to a personal level and think with their mouse, and not the best interest of the forum..
steve_97060
3/7/2014 10:53pm
nope.. I'm in CA.. That was like the second thread I clicked on, I read the whole thread and then POOF!... I was just really surprised...
nope.. I'm in CA..

what name did you used to post under before you were clicked, because you know, from your vast experience there is so much of that going on..
the_wood109
3/7/2014 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 11:02pm
The mods here have "seen some shit."

Then again, a new guy that is only concerned about what constitutes being banned is certainly suspect.
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:03pm
what name did you used to post under before you were clicked, because you know, from your vast experience there is so much of that going...
what name did you used to post under before you were clicked, because you know, from your vast experience there is so much of that going on..
umm, huh? what exactly are you talking about?
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 11:04pm

Then again, a new guy that is only concerned about what constitutes being banned is certainly suspect.
I suppose, or that is the norm around here... It's funny, you ask a simple question and the whole room is pointing fingers.. I guess that says enough!
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:07pm
what name did you used to post under before you were clicked, because you know, from your vast experience there is so much of that going...
It's not rocket science, from your quality posts, who did you use to post as? And yes, I've seen my fair share of internet tough guys and forums that go south due to careless bs.
dirtnapper
3/7/2014 11:09pm
Good - EZZA and RupX

Bad - Peelout and BobbyM

Smile

( kidding, bro.....)
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:10pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Good - EZZA and RupX

Bad - Peelout and BobbyM

Smile

( kidding, bro.....)
Wow, no daggers and pointing fingers.. Thank You..
the_wood109
3/7/2014 11:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 11:16pm

I suppose, or that is the norm around here... It's funny, you ask a simple question and the whole room is pointing fingers.. I guess that...
I suppose, or that is the norm around here... It's funny, you ask a simple question and the whole room is pointing fingers.. I guess that says enough!
It means that people get banned for good reason. Lot's of people that have been rightly banned just show up under new names simply to continue to stir up havoc.

Nobody is pointing fingers, you just seem to comment like somebody that has been banned before.

Your 3rd post was about the banning policy, which (by the way) is pretty much never a permanent thing around here. There aren't many cases of people not being allowed back.

Don't be a full time douche and you'll be just fine. It's even okay to be a sometimes douche (like myself) and not get banned, so don't worry about it.
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:20pm
It means that people get banned for good reason. Lot's of people that have been rightly banned just show up under new names simply to continue...
It means that people get banned for good reason. Lot's of people that have been rightly banned just show up under new names simply to continue to stir up havoc.

Nobody is pointing fingers, you just seem to comment like somebody that has been banned before.

Your 3rd post was about the banning policy, which (by the way) is pretty much never a permanent thing around here. There aren't many cases of people not being allowed back.

Don't be a full time douche and you'll be just fine. It's even okay to be a sometimes douche (like myself) and not get banned, so don't worry about it.
Nope! Just commenting on a post I read, where someone was clicked, and it was for nothing! Nothing in that thread, deserved anything! Not even a poopsicle! I am not defending or posting as someone else. I'm just calling it like I see it! That is enough these days, to put a target on your back. I just call things like I see them, nothing more..

Again, that was my second read on this board...
the_wood109
3/7/2014 11:24pm
Keep reading then, also and learn who the owners and administrators are. It's a private site, just like your house is private. If I entered your house and laid down on your couch whilst rubbing my dirty moto boots on it yelling "FUCK YO COUCH," you could kick me out.
dirtnapper
3/7/2014 11:26pm
Yeah, the _ woods, not sure you should be the one telling someone else not be be a fulltime douche......

Pinch
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/7/2014 11:28pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Good - EZZA and RupX

Bad - Peelout and BobbyM

Smile

( kidding, bro.....)
Thanks DN...Smile Yeah Bobby M will tell you he's been around, but that's senility, and Peelout likes to smell hot chicks farts.

Also kidding, good guys for sure.Wink

Now for the Bears... Paging Jared.
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:29pm
Keep reading then, also and learn who the owners and administrators are. It's a private site, just like your house is private. If I entered your...
Keep reading then, also and learn who the owners and administrators are. It's a private site, just like your house is private. If I entered your house and laid down on your couch whilst rubbing my dirty moto boots on it yelling "FUCK YO COUCH," you could kick me out.
I respect that. BUT, I'm not one to take shit from those that like to flex their interweb muscles. After reading that thread, I could see myself getting banned or whatever. There were no cuss words or anything. Dude just got clicked because the moderator guy was smack talking, from what I read..
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/7/2014 11:29pm
Keep reading then, also and learn who the owners and administrators are. It's a private site, just like your house is private. If I entered your...
I'm Rick James, bitch.Laughing
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/7/2014 11:30pm
Nope! Just commenting on a post I read, where someone was clicked, and it was for nothing! Nothing in that thread, deserved anything! Not even a...
Nope! Just commenting on a post I read, where someone was clicked, and it was for nothing! Nothing in that thread, deserved anything! Not even a poopsicle! I am not defending or posting as someone else. I'm just calling it like I see it! That is enough these days, to put a target on your back. I just call things like I see them, nothing more..

Again, that was my second read on this board...
Welcome to the forum.

If you'd been around for a while, you'd know that he and I have gone some rounds before, including quite a bit of time on the phone. I wouldn't say it was for nothing. But that's my side of it. Smile
dirtnapper
3/7/2014 11:30pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Good - EZZA and RupX

Bad - Peelout and BobbyM

Smile

( kidding, bro.....)
EZZA 95B wrote:
Thanks DN...:) Yeah Bobby M will tell you he's been around, but that's senility, and Peelout likes to smell hot chicks farts. Also kidding, good guys...
Thanks DN...Smile Yeah Bobby M will tell you he's been around, but that's senility, and Peelout likes to smell hot chicks farts.

Also kidding, good guys for sure.Wink

Now for the Bears... Paging Jared.
Aww damn, how could I forget Jarid. Jarid is top shelf around here!
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:33pm
GuyB wrote:
Welcome to the forum. If you'd been around for a while, you'd know that he and I have gone some rounds before, including quite a bit...
Welcome to the forum.

If you'd been around for a while, you'd know that he and I have gone some rounds before, including quite a bit of time on the phone. I wouldn't say it was for nothing. But that's my side of it. Smile
thank you for posting. May I ask what in that thread was so horrendous? I mean, before that thread, he was active and after, he wasn't. I didn;t see anything that deserved that. I mean no disrespect but I also don't just follow the leader either...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/7/2014 11:46pm
thank you for posting. May I ask what in that thread was so horrendous? I mean, before that thread, he was active and after, he wasn't...
thank you for posting. May I ask what in that thread was so horrendous? I mean, before that thread, he was active and after, he wasn't. I didn;t see anything that deserved that. I mean no disrespect but I also don't just follow the leader either...
I believe you're actually new to the site about as much as I think Fox News is Fair and Balanced, but I'll bite.

This was a guy who once upon a time offered some unsolicited advice to the mom of a pro rider on what her son should be wearing for protective gear. But on the other hand, asks for advice on a throttle cable issue, and is willing to go against the grain of advice...and then gets butt-hurt because I say it's evolution at work.

We need more smarter people, and fewer of the other kind.
mxfuture307
3/7/2014 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2014 11:54pm
GuyB wrote:
I believe you're actually new to the site about as much as I think Fox News is Fair and Balanced, but I'll bite. This was a...
I believe you're actually new to the site about as much as I think Fox News is Fair and Balanced, but I'll bite.

This was a guy who once upon a time offered some unsolicited advice to the mom of a pro rider on what her son should be wearing for protective gear. But on the other hand, asks for advice on a throttle cable issue, and is willing to go against the grain of advice...and then gets butt-hurt because I say it's evolution at work.

We need more smarter people, and fewer of the other kind.
I do not follow you there. Prior history was not the question. That is why I asked about that specific thread. Anything prior doesn't matter because he was still a member. I want to know, what in that thread, pissed you off. SO I DON'T DO THE SAME!

Anyone know who that guy was, I like two sided stories... It would seem that you were more butt hurt than he was.

Post a reply to: Vital Good and Bad ??

The Latest