Villopoto won a local race

bsharkey
6/26/2016 6:40pm
honestly its great to see a guy like him come out and just have fun. hes a regular at that track., we saw him at the Washougal lorettas qualifier also. its great to see him involed.so many guys just disappear after retirement, as far as racing goes . everyone knows that series doesn't pay any$$$ that why most of the local top guys were in idaho making money$$$ guys like tommy weeck
mark_swart
6/26/2016 10:38pm
bsharkey wrote:
honestly its great to see a guy like him come out and just have fun. hes a regular at that track., we saw him at the...
honestly its great to see a guy like him come out and just have fun. hes a regular at that track., we saw him at the Washougal lorettas qualifier also. its great to see him involed.so many guys just disappear after retirement, as far as racing goes . everyone knows that series doesn't pay any$$$ that why most of the local top guys were in idaho making money$$$ guys like tommy weeck
Exactly! I think everyone is just stoked to see him out there. He was chatting with people, taking pics with fans, it was just cool all the way around from what I saw. Any aspiring pro should be psyched to line up with him just for the experience, I would think.
dirtnapper
6/27/2016 10:17am
Icespikes wrote:
So good to see him enjoying the sport again ! Full circle ! Awesome ! Quite arguably the best racer ever. Dungey is close but cautious...
So good to see him enjoying the sport again !
Full circle !
Awesome !

Quite arguably the best racer ever. Dungey is close but cautious. Villy was the the last balls out racer with success, of course JS7 is the best to ever throw a leg over a bike! Skills-wise! Taught the world how to ride! But the last balls out champ was Villy and before that Carmichael! These guys 'are' the record books! I always wonder how MC would've stacked up if he had got a chance to race mx & sx , the actual sport? Being the last champ of the hippie generation on 2 strokes , nothing he did really counts , that's why RC is the goat! Thats why Even what MC "did" in sx doesn't really count , as any current AMA racer is better than MC ever was! Thanks to JS7! But when a champ retires he should be allowed to race locally again and have fun without backlash! He shouldn't come back to the AMA! Just leave them alone and let them retire and ride into the sunset! Unlike MC who was still getting parked in 2005 sx by JS7! Which at the time I thought was harsh , like ? Just pass the guy cleanly James ? he's a living legend! But now I see JS7's motive ! MC is a pylon and had no business being out there for 5 years already , and the next generation thinks poorly of MC because of it! A joke! Actually we named his predecessor the goat! As in! What ever happened before the goat shouldn't be counted in the real record books! Now you see it come full circle with James now at the end , desperately trying to hang on , after teaching the world how to bubba scrub! Only difference between james and mc ? James Belongs in the record books, regardless of how his exit looks currently! RC & RV did it perfectly! They exited before time took its toll! But still race non-AMA events & win! Wonder if we'll see Villy do Lorettas + 25? That would be great ' awesome to see him enjoying retirement and hopefully setting an example for future racers! Know when your times over and ride healthily into the sunset! Bravo!
peelout
6/27/2016 1:32pm
bro i would love it if Villo would come to a local race. how cool for all the people attending the race that day!

if he was in my moto i'd probably not even line up for the second moto just so i could watch him rail my local track.

bitchin!

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1744th
6/27/2016 2:22pm
Pacific Racing MX Round 9 @rockstarenergy Pro Series - 450 Pro - Moto 1 winner @RyanVillopoto_2 / #MotoSportDotCom pic.twitter.com/sU4GKrZCpE— MotoSport.Com (@MotoSportInc) June 25, 2016 [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl0wtDbUsAYT2eg.jpg[/img]

Pacific Racing MX Round 9 @rockstarenergy Pro Series - 450 Pro - Moto 1 winner @RyanVillopoto_2 / #MotoSportDotCom pic.twitter.com/sU4GKrZCpE

— MotoSport.Com (@MotoSportInc) June 25, 2016

The dirt out there got hard pan with some rocks imbedded in the dirt. Might have been similar to a cheese grater. I was out there racing yesterday and Villo was not racing, but he was hanging out and genuinely seemed happy to keep it low key and be at the track. BTW, no one I talked to (local pros included) were upset in any way that he was there. Everyone thought it was really cool. Good weekend, and a fun race put on by the Devol crew.
TheLsho
Fantasy
874th
6/27/2016 3:26pm
Heck yes! Good for him lining up again. That's awesome.
jj welks
6/27/2016 3:44pm
What kind of suspension do you guys think he uses? Is the unobtanium still available to guys like him?
mx836
6/27/2016 4:00pm
I'd have gladly been bumped out of a money paying position to race against one of the greats. Local 'A class' doesn't pay shit anyway, unless it's a special race of some sort. Just being able to know for yourself that you got to race RV is pretty cool IMO. I cherish the memories of racing against guys who were a level above. Still to this day, if any top ex-pros show up and I finish a spot further down, who cares. I'm all for it. RV raced the class he belongs in.
friday10
6/27/2016 7:01pm
davistld01 wrote:
Hell, if I looked down the line at the gate, and saw Villopoto...I'd push my bike back to the truck, load up & go home. Ha!
I think that I'd pay extra to line up next to him for the photo op!!
6/27/2016 7:19pm
jj welks wrote:
What kind of suspension do you guys think he uses? Is the unobtanium still available to guys like him?
I don't know what he uses but I have a hard time believing it's the same stuff he raced on. Probably just the best that is available for purchase. I'd assume the same for the engine, but someone probably knows more than me.
DanDunes818
6/27/2016 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2016 7:24pm
Icespikes wrote:
So good to see him enjoying the sport again ! Full circle ! Awesome ! Quite arguably the best racer ever. Dungey is close but cautious...
Full circle !
Awesome !

Quite arguably the best racer ever. Dungey is close but cautious. Villy was the the last balls out racer with success, of course JS7 is the best to ever throw a leg over a bike! Skills-wise! Taught the world how to ride! But the last balls out champ was Villy and before that Carmichael! These guys 'are' the record books! I always wonder how MC would've stacked up if he had got a chance to race mx & sx , the actual sport? Being the last champ of the hippie generation on 2 strokes , nothing he did really counts , that's why RC is the goat! Thats why Even what MC "did" in sx doesn't really count , as any current AMA racer is better than MC ever was! Thanks to JS7! But when a champ retires he should be allowed to race locally again and have fun without backlash! He shouldn't come back to the AMA! Just leave them alone and let them retire and ride into the sunset! Unlike MC who was still getting parked in 2005 sx by JS7! Which at the time I thought was harsh , like ? Just pass the guy cleanly James ? he's a living legend! But now I see JS7's motive ! MC is a pylon and had no business being out there for 5 years already , and the next generation thinks poorly of MC because of it! A joke! Actually we named his predecessor the goat! As in! What ever happened before the goat shouldn't be counted in the real record books! Now you see it come full circle with James now at the end , desperately trying to hang on , after teaching the world how to bubba scrub! Only difference between james and mc ? James Belongs in the record books, regardless of how his exit looks currently! RC & RV did it perfectly! They exited before time took its toll! But still race non-AMA events & win! Wonder if we'll see Villy do Lorettas + 25? That would be great ' awesome to see him enjoying retirement and hopefully setting an example for future racers! Know when your times over and ride healthily into the sunset! Bravo!
OMG, I've read some moronic posts in my day, but this absolutely 100% takes the prize. Please tell me you are joking. Or just trying to be a troll for the fun of it? Because, if this is serious, I've met tree stumps with more intelligence..
Spagina767
6/28/2016 4:50am
Pacific Racing MX Round 9 @rockstarenergy Pro Series - 450 Pro - Moto 1 winner @RyanVillopoto_2 / #MotoSportDotCom pic.twitter.com/sU4GKrZCpE— MotoSport.Com (@MotoSportInc) June 25, 2016 [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl0wtDbUsAYT2eg.jpg[/img]

Pacific Racing MX Round 9 @rockstarenergy Pro Series - 450 Pro - Moto 1 winner @RyanVillopoto_2 / #MotoSportDotCom pic.twitter.com/sU4GKrZCpE

I quit reading at "best rider ever". It's RC, by a landslide.
Bodieg3
6/28/2016 5:11am

Guyb ban this idiot ! Mc don't belong in the record books ? That's the single most idiotic comment I've ever read on this fourm.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
6/28/2016 4:57pm
Icespikes wrote:
Full circle !
Awesome !

dirtnapper wrote:
[URL=http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/donahueboypics/media/homer_zps9ioajkqq.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y414/donahueboypics/homer_zps9ioajkqq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
This is the internet. Speak slowly and use small words

and punctuation
SCR
6/28/2016 9:16pm

Awsome. This should be in the energy drink thread. Quite arguably the most balls out jacked up on 7 Red Bulls post ever. Woohoo
6/28/2016 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2016 9:36pm
Icespikes wrote:
Full circle !
Awesome !

"being the last champ of the hippie generation on 2 strokes, nothing he did really counts."

Thats a special kind of stupid
6/28/2016 11:55pm
I skipped it on the first page after the first sentence! This guy should post more often! It's gold?! Thanks to JS7!
! ! ?? !!!
I always wonder how MC would've stacked up if he had got a chance to race mx & sx , the actual sport?
Thats why Even what MC "did" in sx doesn't really count , as any current AMA racer is better than MC ever was!

Post a reply to: Villopoto won a local race

The Latest