Villopoto missing outdoors?

2thefront
4/14/2014 9:22pm
I would be surprised if he's done with racing.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
4/14/2014 9:28pm
bangmyhead wrote:
you cant ride at that pace forever, i dont blame RV.

5 in a row is what i think hes "hunting" for...
I don't think RV gives a shit about records
flapper
4/14/2014 9:48pm
pilotdude wrote:
Ok, I posted this in another thread but will do it again here: Good friend of mine, long time NW rider, former pro spoke at length...
Ok, I posted this in another thread but will do it again here: Good friend of mine, long time NW rider, former pro spoke at length to RV in SEA. His takeaway after speaking with him is that RV will NOT ride the Nationals. I asked him "What chance do you think is it that he won't ride them?" His answer was, "Like 99.9%." He said he thinks it is not about any injury, but money, hassles, and other personal issues. He also said he thinks he will go for supercross title number 5 and then call it a career.

I really hope he is wrong about it because I think it is a major bummer and the sun only shines so long on these guys at the top level of the sport before it sets. Having said that, I've never walked in RV's shoes nor has anyone else. It may not be all it's cracked up to be, especially depending on one's past experiences.

Personally, I hope he rides the outdoors this year, but after the way he chose (yes, chose) to decline being on Team USA last year, it wouldn't surprise me if he chooses not to ride the Nationals this year.
Money and hassles??? Sure I bet he wouldn't want another Championship bonus check in the bank or the 6 figure win bonuses either,especially for the hassle of the job he is contracted to do. RV even told GuyB in his interview that he has a small issue that has been looked at and they are waiting on results.
Sometimes people on here take what someone " thinks" a little too literally( by no means am I singling you out in this last statement pilotdude!)
bangmyhead
4/14/2014 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2014 9:55pm
hartebreak wrote:
I don't think RV gives a shit about records
i think he gives a shit about racing sketchy tracks at mach speed all summer, and he did mention something about winning a title for kawi every year that he races em.

The Shop

pilotdude
4/14/2014 10:16pm
pilotdude wrote:
Ok, I posted this in another thread but will do it again here: Good friend of mine, long time NW rider, former pro spoke at length...
Ok, I posted this in another thread but will do it again here: Good friend of mine, long time NW rider, former pro spoke at length to RV in SEA. His takeaway after speaking with him is that RV will NOT ride the Nationals. I asked him "What chance do you think is it that he won't ride them?" His answer was, "Like 99.9%." He said he thinks it is not about any injury, but money, hassles, and other personal issues. He also said he thinks he will go for supercross title number 5 and then call it a career.

I really hope he is wrong about it because I think it is a major bummer and the sun only shines so long on these guys at the top level of the sport before it sets. Having said that, I've never walked in RV's shoes nor has anyone else. It may not be all it's cracked up to be, especially depending on one's past experiences.

Personally, I hope he rides the outdoors this year, but after the way he chose (yes, chose) to decline being on Team USA last year, it wouldn't surprise me if he chooses not to ride the Nationals this year.
kongols wrote:
If he chooses to not ride Nationals will you lose respect for him like you did for Stewart?
As much as it pains me to say it, I would have to say yes.
pilotdude
4/14/2014 10:25pm
pilotdude wrote:

flapper wrote:
Money and hassles??? Sure I bet he wouldn't want another Championship bonus check in the bank or the 6 figure win bonuses either,especially for the hassle...
Money and hassles??? Sure I bet he wouldn't want another Championship bonus check in the bank or the 6 figure win bonuses either,especially for the hassle of the job he is contracted to do. RV even told GuyB in his interview that he has a small issue that has been looked at and they are waiting on results.
Sometimes people on here take what someone " thinks" a little too literally( by no means am I singling you out in this last statement pilotdude!)
Money and hassles and other personal issues. And my friend is a complete no-bullshitter who has told me moto-insider things that I thought, "No way is that going to happen" only to see it happen while I shook my head in disbelief. At this point, I would just about bet money RV is not riding the outdoors.
2thefront
4/14/2014 10:39pm
pilotdude wrote:

flapper wrote:
Money and hassles??? Sure I bet he wouldn't want another Championship bonus check in the bank or the 6 figure win bonuses either,especially for the hassle...
I bet he gets way more money for winning SX. Like it or not SX is really where it's at. I think he'll be just fine with that bonus check.
bd
4/14/2014 11:04pm
You do not ride at his level without passion and intensity..... some of the shit I read on here is comical. Its going to be a sad day for moto when he decides to retire.... sounded like it could happened after this SX series.
CR250Rider
4/14/2014 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2014 11:47pm
I thought he had his knee fixed a couple years ago?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/14/2014 11:49pm
CR250Rider wrote:
How many pro MX/SX riders do you know with two good knees? They're in the minority.

Let's wait and see how it plays out for RV.
smrscott
4/15/2014 2:58am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 3:00am
Also don't forget about his almost career-ending wrist injury way way back during his 250 days. I think there was a scare that he had one of those possible RJ career-ending wrist injuries. I think it healed the best it could but some said one day it would start bothering him, especially after retirement . Don't quote me on this but I think there was a bone removed or something like that.

I don't blame him for sitting out, the guy has been beat up during his career and he still keeps it pinned and is still winning championships. Racing year round like these guys do must beat the crap out of their body—and mind.
Lucifa.
4/15/2014 3:18am
It's just a job. You wannabes think he cares what you think? He'll retire then moto when he wants to for fun.
bultokid
4/15/2014 4:01am
rcm406 wrote:
aren't they suppose to be doing more in depth drug testing for the outdoors?:whistle: #PEDS Seriously though, I don't think RV is retiring after next year...
aren't they suppose to be doing more in depth drug testing for the outdoors?Whistling #PEDS

Seriously though, I don't think RV is retiring after next year! I think he is to competitive and has to much of an ego to quit in his prime.
The JS7 meat whistlers have been throwing that one out since the RC spanking days.
PressPassP
4/15/2014 4:17am
CR250Rider wrote:
GuyB wrote:
How many pro MX/SX riders do you know with two good knees? They're in the minority.

Cairoli constantly struggles quietly with one,he's continually pretty close to a major problem there for instance

Hope he rides,although the Championship chase could be more interesting without him
numba1 fan
4/15/2014 4:30am
I've heard the same from a couple of pros. Basically that he had invested some money in monster early in his career and didn't realize how much he was actually worth till recently. Now he's pretty much over it, from what i heard he's worth 20 million and the risk isn't worth the reward anymore. Why go out and risk so much when he's already able to retire and live comfortably for the rest of his life? Its sad that this is whats happening in the sport but we see it way more often lately.

I was told he'll finish out his kawi contract and retire. Even in the most recent behind the dream episode when he's talking to windham he says he's over it and wouldn't be there if he was him. (maybe not in those exact words, but along the lines)

I dont blame him.
cmf295
4/15/2014 6:42am
If an injury is plaguing RV, whether it be minor or major, he sure isn't showing any signs of it when he is racing. Especially his last 2 wins.
Outsider
4/15/2014 6:49am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 6:59am
rcm406 wrote:
aren't they suppose to be doing more in depth drug testing for the outdoors?:whistle: #PEDS Seriously though, I don't think RV is retiring after next year...
aren't they suppose to be doing more in depth drug testing for the outdoors?Whistling #PEDS

Seriously though, I don't think RV is retiring after next year! I think he is to competitive and has to much of an ego to quit in his prime.
Speaking of #PEDS, it's pretty amazing that James was able to come back so strong from his badly damaged knee from last year(without surgery) and not only be better, but look so lean and fit this year!

#Miraculous Whistling
2QK4U
4/15/2014 6:57am
Have you guys listened to RV's chatter box this week? He says as of now it's something minor but he will get it checked out and he is full steam ahead for the outdoors.
Huevos
4/15/2014 7:07am
rcm406 wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Speaking of #PEDS, it's pretty amazing that James was able to come back so strong from his badly damaged knee from last year(without surgery) and not...
Speaking of #PEDS, it's pretty amazing that James was able to come back so strong from his badly damaged knee from last year(without surgery) and not only be better, but look so lean and fit this year!

#Miraculous Whistling
Not sure if serious or if trolling.

RV is an awesome rider, but for me it's always been hard to be a fan of a rider that doesn't seem passionate about what he does. I know he has to be insanely motivated to work hard and win like he does, but I think he's racing more as a means to retire early in life and just hunt, relax, and do whatever he wants. I can imagine him never really throwing a leg over a dirt bike after retiring. Good for him, I'm jealous obviously, but I like watching guys like KDub, Reed, and Dungey who all seem to love it and live it and enjoy it.
4/15/2014 7:20am
Hut wrote:
So that must put him at about 75% right now to James 85%
you just had to do it... Smile
davistld01
4/15/2014 7:21am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 7:23am
rcm406 wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Speaking of #PEDS, it's pretty amazing that James was able to come back so strong from his badly damaged knee from last year(without surgery) and not...

#Miraculous Whistling
Since nobody was you thought you would. Idiot.

#AttentionWhore
Outsider
4/15/2014 7:31am
rcm406 wrote:

Outsider wrote:

#Miraculous Whistling
davistld01 wrote:

#AttentionWhore
What?

Read RCM's post and then read mine. It actually makes sense when taken in context... then read your post. #uncalledfor

Lotta hurt feelings up in here
davistld01
4/15/2014 7:43am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 7:45am
Outsider wrote:

#Miraculous Whistling
davistld01 wrote:

#AttentionWhore
Outsider wrote:
What? Read RCM's post and then read mine. It actually makes sense when taken in context... then read your post. #uncalledfor Lotta hurt feelings up in...
What?

Read RCM's post and then read mine. It actually makes sense when taken in context... then read your post. #uncalledfor

Lotta hurt feelings up in here
Need a kleenex?
davistld01
4/15/2014 7:57am
davistld01 wrote:
Need a kleenex?
Outsider wrote:
Nope

Need a douche? Laughing
Trying to mend a hurt little girl's feelings...and that's what I get?
4/15/2014 8:00am
CR250Rider wrote:
GuyB wrote:

PressPassP wrote:
Cairoli constantly struggles quietly with one,he's continually pretty close to a major problem there for instance Hope he rides,although the Championship chase could be more interesting...
Cairoli constantly struggles quietly with one,he's continually pretty close to a major problem there for instance

Hope he rides,although the Championship chase could be more interesting without him
Nobody cares about the "B" squad over thereWink
Insider347
4/15/2014 9:03am
pilotdude wrote:

kongols wrote:
If he chooses to not ride Nationals will you lose respect for him like you did for Stewart?
pilotdude wrote:
As much as it pains me to say it, I would have to say yes.
Yepper, it pains me too see but this sport is brutal but to skip outdoor and come back for indoors is lame. I know the reasons already, why risk, have way more money than he can spend and he has put in his time and work and has won it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One bad MOFO

BUT, I can't believe a racer like him that has no more burning in his heart!! Shit I know about 80 who show up weekly and would give their left ball to make the main. (maybe Outsider is not done slobbing on it yet)

Congrats to Villo because whatever he does is ok for me, He deserves it and he is MACHINE!
HenryA
4/15/2014 9:12am
No RV at MXON then.... Sad
4/15/2014 9:24am
He did pretty good for the guy that always finished second to Alessi. It would make the nationals veddy interesting. Maybe Alessi could win it without RV there.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/15/2014 9:36am
As a fan I'd like to see him out there
and I'd like to see him win another championship ..
but I have to say if I had. Made enough $$$
To retire comfortably
I'd still ride and maybe even race but not at that level
and not ride over the edge ..
so I guess I'd be more like k dub than like reed
..Reed could easily afford to retire but is still out there.
every time I go to a pro race I watch reed and try to soak
it in and appreciate watching him ride cuz I always think it may
be my last chance lol.

Post a reply to: Villopoto missing outdoors?

The Latest