Villopoto Withdrawl

2QK4U
1/20/2015 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 8:45am
Is it me or does anyone else feel like this? Lately I have been not enjoying Supercross as much as I used too and I am frustrated about that, a huge part of it is because Villopoto and Stewart isn't racing it just isn't the same. Does anyone else think the same.
|
newmann
1/20/2015 12:14pm
I don't think the racing is any better or worse without them. Neither one of them really want to be here so I'm good with them being gone.
1/20/2015 12:19pm
newmann wrote:
I don't think the racing is any better or worse without them. Neither one of them really want to be here so I'm good with them...
I don't think the racing is any better or worse without them. Neither one of them really want to be here so I'm good with them being gone.
You think Stewart is happy at home on the couch with his gear on watching it on TV on Saturday nights?
davistld01
1/20/2015 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 12:22pm
newmann wrote:
I don't think the racing is any better or worse without them. Neither one of them really want to be here so I'm good with them...
With Poto I agree...but where do you get that Stewart really doesn't want to be here. I gave you credit for having a helluva lot more sense than that.
1/20/2015 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 12:25pm
Its because their hasnt been a torch passed down to the next king of riding...

We have always had that one guy that had dominated and we watch to see if anyone can match the speed of that rider...then you find 1 or 2 guys that can go that kinda speed and things get Intersting.

Roczen I guess is that guy today...but id like to have seen him take it away from RV or JS

I still feel like JS is the king of speed and is the man to beat...With Rv gone and Js out its a torch that just hasnt been passed to the next generation.

Jmo

The Shop

The Rock
1/20/2015 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 2:37pm
Series has been off to a slow track battle wise during the mains (EDIT A2 250 main was great) for the most part but now is the point of the season where it is just starting to get good. Especially after this past weekend I look to see a Chad Reed with an emotional after burner attached when he's on the track. To be clear I am not saying Reed is going be a wild man on the track but am saying I have to believe he will have even more motivation after last weekend.

Dungey appears to be settling in and could take a win. Ditto for Canard.

kiwifan
1/20/2015 12:29pm
Well if you are a RV or JS fan then of course no matter how good the racing is (and it has been awesome) then you arent going to enjoy it, find a new rider to follow
newmann
1/20/2015 12:30pm
I didn't make that comment with any ill intentions at all. After watching Stewie the last few years, his heart doesn't seem to be in it. It's almost like he needs to be there more than he wants to be there. He's taken off from racing in the past because he was burnt out and he's pulled off the track a lot over the past few years. Maybe RC and his never quit at any cost mentality ruined it for me.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
1/20/2015 12:31pm
I think it's just you ....there's plenty of kickass riders racing....
1/20/2015 12:33pm
newmann wrote:
I didn't make that comment with any ill intentions at all. After watching Stewie the last few years, his heart doesn't seem to be in it...
I didn't make that comment with any ill intentions at all. After watching Stewie the last few years, his heart doesn't seem to be in it. It's almost like he needs to be there more than he wants to be there. He's taken off from racing in the past because he was burnt out and he's pulled off the track a lot over the past few years. Maybe RC and his never quit at any cost mentality ruined it for me.
You just have that last JGR Yamaha ride burned in your head! Wink

He has seemed a lot happier on the yellow bike, of course even happier when he wins!
Outsider
1/20/2015 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 12:39pm
It definitely would have been much cooler to watch someone try and take it from him
fidiot
1/20/2015 12:40pm
I've been enjoying the racing so far. Can't say I really miss them at all.
peelout
1/20/2015 12:42pm
i'm a HUGE RV fan so anytime he's not out there i'm a little bummed and i'll be REALLY bummed when he hangs it up for good. that said, i've been enjoying the SX season so far and my excitement for the MXGP season to start is higher than any time i've ever been excited for a season to start.

really looking forward to following the MXGP series this year online and TV
Thelen20
1/20/2015 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 12:49pm
2QK4U wrote:
Is it me or does anyone else feel like this? Lately I have been not enjoying Supercross as much as I used too and I am...
Is it me or does anyone else feel like this? Lately I have been not enjoying Supercross as much as I used too and I am frustrated about that, a huge part of it is because Villopoto and Stewart isn't racing it just isn't the same. Does anyone else think the same.
Says the guy with the poto avatar

If you can't get excited about not knowing who is going to win every race you are not a racing fan.

Granted last year we were treated to some excellent, unpredictable racing with both poto and Stewart in the field, but before that it had been years and years of domination. As a guy who started following the sport in the middle of the mcgrath era domination is pretty much all I have seen, and while I can appreciate it I long for parity so bad! I love not knowing who is going to win the race!

That being said, ask me how I feel about this year in 5 rounds if kenny keeps going like he is, I'll be ready for a change.
brocster
1/20/2015 12:48pm
It's all the could have, would have, should have but it's not so enjoy it for what it is. A season with folks missing just like it always has been I.e. Injuries, retirement, etc. etc. Stewart will be back and it will be fun as hell to watch just like the MXGP with Villopoto in it.

In all my years as a fan this is the first year that I will follow the MXGP series...
1/20/2015 12:50pm
I have two series to watch. RV going to Europe is the best thing to happen to MX in a long time.
1/20/2015 12:51pm
That's only because you're a fan of Villopoto. He added nothing to the races or the championship by running away with it all the time. It got to the point where I used to hope that he would crash out of a race or get injured or something, I know that sounds really bad but he made the races that boring. I don't think anyone enjoys it when the championship is wrapped up with 3-4 rounds still to go. I like watching him ride but I certainly don't miss him being on the supercross scene. I am however looking forward to watching him race the GPs.

1/20/2015 12:51pm
peelout wrote:
i'm a HUGE RV fan so anytime he's not out there i'm a little bummed and i'll be REALLY bummed when he hangs it up for...
i'm a HUGE RV fan so anytime he's not out there i'm a little bummed and i'll be REALLY bummed when he hangs it up for good. that said, i've been enjoying the SX season so far and my excitement for the MXGP season to start is higher than any time i've ever been excited for a season to start.

really looking forward to following the MXGP series this year online and TV
Yeah, I think the American interest in the MXGPs will get increase tenfold, myself included. Not to say there wasn't already some great riders to watch in the past.
1/20/2015 1:13pm
That's only because you're a fan of Villopoto. He added nothing to the races or the championship by running away with it all the time. It...
That's only because you're a fan of Villopoto. He added nothing to the races or the championship by running away with it all the time. It got to the point where I used to hope that he would crash out of a race or get injured or something, I know that sounds really bad but he made the races that boring. I don't think anyone enjoys it when the championship is wrapped up with 3-4 rounds still to go. I like watching him ride but I certainly don't miss him being on the supercross scene. I am however looking forward to watching him race the GPs.

I believe RV and RC added something to the sport even when they are dominating. They show what it looks like to ride/control a bike to its brink on limitations without destroying themselves. RC would triple down a jump at Broome. Stewart or Tortelli would be the only other one's attempting it. RC would then triple down the hill and look backwards. RV's corner speed is unmatched. He remains lower than any rider over jumps and I haven't seen anyone pass him on an outdoor track. I'm a fan of probably 98% of the riders including Barcia and Alessi. I believe RV's added presence at the GP's makes it the premier class this year. Enjoy!
newmann
1/20/2015 1:22pm
newmann wrote:
I didn't make that comment with any ill intentions at all. After watching Stewie the last few years, his heart doesn't seem to be in it...
You just have that last JGR Yamaha ride burned in your head! ;) He has seemed a lot happier on the yellow bike, of course even...
You just have that last JGR Yamaha ride burned in your head! Wink

He has seemed a lot happier on the yellow bike, of course even happier when he wins!
Man o man, when he crashed on that blue turd and ended up sitting on that haybale right in front of me in Houston that year I told my buddy sitting next to me that Stewart wouldn't ever take another lap on that tub of shit. And I don't think he ever did. The look on his face said it all, he was done with it.

And yes, Stewart and the yellow bike seemed to be a beautiful thing. But we've seen a lot of issues, crashes, lapses in judgement and so forth from him and his team/entourage since going yellow. Nothing I would like to see more than him coming to the line with the number 259 and laying waste to the field. That 259 guy used to look like he was having a blast out there, number 7 not so much.

Many people here cry foul when someone mentions that Stewart may have suffered one too many hits to the head. One day, the Vitards might realize there actually was something to it.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/20/2015 1:22pm
You'll get over it.

I'm not sure what they were showing on TV last week, but the battle from second to about seventh was insane for the first few laps. Lots of guys in a very tight pack.
RedRum666
1/20/2015 1:36pm
Well we have had 2 different winners in 3 races and some DRAMA to boot....so I miss both dudes because it would be that much better....but its still been pretty good and lots of racing to go....
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
1/20/2015 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 1:48pm
I still miss RC, MC, Lechien and Marty Smith, but racing goes on, and I think it has been great.
moto282
1/20/2015 1:56pm
I agree. Feels like something is missing. Arguably the best SX rider in the world isn't there (which is in my opinion RV) and that feels strange. I don't believe in asterisks or anything though, whoever wins this year is the new best SX rider in the world and has nothing to prove. I just miss the wild card with Stewart and RV's aggressive style/passes.
pilotdude
1/20/2015 2:14pm
That's only because you're a fan of Villopoto. He added nothing to the races or the championship by running away with it all the time. It...

It is quite possible he will make the GPs "boring" also.
The Rock
1/20/2015 2:34pm
pilotdude wrote:
RV winning MXGP would be a career crowning achievement but there is no way RV's is going to make the GPs boring. Tracks are too varied and the competition too experienced to get steam rolled by anyone IMO. If RV wins MXGP it is only going to be after one of the best season's in history and after many hard fought battles. Man I can't wait.

The Rock
1/20/2015 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 2:46pm
Outsider wrote:
It definitely would have been much cooler to watch someone try and take it from him
Much cooler than what? Much cooler than RV going to MXGP? If that is what you mean no way Jose.

Personally I'd rather see RV win a world title for America than see him stay home and defend his title from a pack of young and hungry wolves. He trained with Roczen last year and I would imagine he got a pretty good window into the heart and soul of the person that was next in line to take his title from him. The fact that he was tired of the same old same old here and the Roczen factor I believe RV going to MXGP has to be one of the most heads up moves in the history of the sport. Work less, enjoy new things while knowing you're the new sheriff in town planning on kick azz and taking names in Qatar.

Hopefully after the Nationals we'll have a good showing of US riders at the USGP then the next weekend see the USA take the MXdN title back. USGP is probably be the closest to seeing a Trans Am again so I hope it is well attended this year.
Outsider
1/20/2015 2:59pm
Outsider wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Much cooler than what? Much cooler than RV going to MXGP? If that is what you mean no way Jose. Personally I'd rather see RV win...
Much cooler than what? Much cooler than RV going to MXGP? If that is what you mean no way Jose.

Personally I'd rather see RV win a world title for America than see him stay home and defend his title from a pack of young and hungry wolves. He trained with Roczen last year and I would imagine he got a pretty good window into the heart and soul of the person that was next in line to take his title from him. The fact that he was tired of the same old same old here and the Roczen factor I believe RV going to MXGP has to be one of the most heads up moves in the history of the sport. Work less, enjoy new things while knowing you're the new sheriff in town planning on kick azz and taking names in Qatar.

Hopefully after the Nationals we'll have a good showing of US riders at the USGP then the next weekend see the USA take the MXdN title back. USGP is probably be the closest to seeing a Trans Am again so I hope it is well attended this year.
No, I can't wait to see RV race the GP's.

I'm saying, rather than him just retire, if he stayed here it would've been cool to see if anyone could take his title... or not
1/20/2015 3:50pm
The racing is heating up in supercross, RV to the GP's is the best thing since Bad Brad. And yes, too bad James is not out there. I have been following moto since the late 70's, many ups and downs, But always great racing. Kick back and enjoy!!
Aryen
1/21/2015 6:31am
pilotdude wrote:
The Rock wrote:
RV winning MXGP would be a career crowning achievement but there is no way RV's is going to make the GPs boring. Tracks are too varied...
RV winning MXGP would be a career crowning achievement but there is no way RV's is going to make the GPs boring. Tracks are too varied and the competition too experienced to get steam rolled by anyone IMO. If RV wins MXGP it is only going to be after one of the best season's in history and after many hard fought battles. Man I can't wait.

+1
P
1/21/2015 6:52am
2QK4U wrote:
Is it me or does anyone else feel like this? Lately I have been not enjoying Supercross as much as I used too and I am...
When people inside the industry start asking themselves the same question then you know it's real. It's a new day.

P

Post a reply to: Villopoto Withdrawl

The Latest