Videos of Raw Speed

tobz
Edited Date/Time 9/7/2012 11:44pm
Hi all,

Up for a bit of fun and time killing. Does anyone have any clips of raw footage that displays raw, jaw dropping speed?

Here's a few that come to mind to get the ball rolling:

This one too, but it doesnt allow embedding for some reason.

http://youtu.be/xwHnsESSSjM
|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/6/2012 12:02am
If you could only listen to Everts ride, you would never think he was blistering quick. He always just lugged the bike around the track. Interesting style of riding
tobz
9/6/2012 12:06am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
If you could only listen to Everts ride, you would never think he was blistering quick. He always just lugged the bike around the track. Interesting...
If you could only listen to Everts ride, you would never think he was blistering quick. He always just lugged the bike around the track. Interesting style of riding
But soo fast. Just ask Stewart how fast. when Evert's went around the outside of him standing up on the pegs at the basin, 2006 Silly

The Shop

Lowlander
9/6/2012 1:38am
About Everts.

The magazine tests of his Yamahas, all the test riders commented on how stupidly powerful they were but no hit. Just monster power/torque which required very good throttle control. I remember Paul Malin comment on that it felt like a works 500 in terms of sheer power but in a very mild manner if that is possible. Hence why he just sounded as though he was ticking over going around a track.

Pourcel also rides a bike similar in terms of low end grunt rather than revving to the moon.
tobz
9/6/2012 3:50am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2012 3:51am
Lowlander wrote:
About Everts. The magazine tests of his Yamahas, all the test riders commented on how stupidly powerful they were but no hit. Just monster power/torque which...
About Everts.

The magazine tests of his Yamahas, all the test riders commented on how stupidly powerful they were but no hit. Just monster power/torque which required very good throttle control. I remember Paul Malin comment on that it felt like a works 500 in terms of sheer power but in a very mild manner if that is possible. Hence why he just sounded as though he was ticking over going around a track.

Pourcel also rides a bike similar in terms of low end grunt rather than revving to the moon.
I love this style so much better. I could watch it all day compared to the kids these days that kick their legs out n do quick retarded movements.

Nothing but pure speed, and not worrying about if their leg kicked out far enough over that jump, or if they hit the rev limiter long enough in that corner.
9/6/2012 7:41am
Someone post Unadilla moto 1, 1998. Robbie Reynard was the fastest MX'er on the planet for 30 minutes plus 2 and made Richard Carmichael look like a chump. He went by him so fast he practically peeled the Splitfire stickers right off that Kawi.

Of course in typical Reynard fashion he backed it up in moto 2 with a solid 12th or something like that.
9/6/2012 8:20am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Also, this has to be included

ok so herlings is bad ass. But am I a little bitch because I see those wooden stakes, trees, and fence like a foot from the track and think it looks stupidly dangerous. The little posts are EXACTLY where he'd be landing if he eats shit.
Barrett57
9/6/2012 9:21am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2012 9:22am
ok so herlings is bad ass. But am I a little bitch because I see those wooden stakes, trees, and fence like a foot from the...
ok so herlings is bad ass. But am I a little bitch because I see those wooden stakes, trees, and fence like a foot from the track and think it looks stupidly dangerous. The little posts are EXACTLY where he'd be landing if he eats shit.
Ive hit one of those trees, and been through the fence and nearly went into a pond that place, although I was going a 10000 times slower than Herlings, it still hurt.

They could get rid of the stupid fence but they cant remove the trees.
RobKacp
9/6/2012 10:37am
McCoy was a serious bad-ass on a GP bike. He scares the hell out of me just watching him kick the back end of that bike out at 150 mph. Unfortunately his crazy skills also gave him some crazy high-sides...
9/6/2012 10:48am
No doubt. Watching him yard Rossi in 2001, sideways, was something to behold. He's a bit like the Reynard of MGP actually. Raw talent that never truly materialized.
tobz
9/6/2012 2:48pm
Because he's not loud, revving the shit and smashing every berm? Deceivingly fast, lots of speed through his corners.

Some great videos, awesome time-fillers here :D
chrisbuehler
9/6/2012 2:58pm
Well by your own thread title we are looking for raw speed not decievingly fast speed. I would say Bubba and the Herlings clip are the very definition of "raw" speed. They are going mach fucking 1 AND they look like it
tobz
9/6/2012 3:08pm
Well by your own thread title we are looking for raw speed not decievingly fast speed. I would say Bubba and the Herlings clip are the...
Well by your own thread title we are looking for raw speed not decievingly fast speed. I would say Bubba and the Herlings clip are the very definition of "raw" speed. They are going mach fucking 1 AND they look like it
That's understandable that you've been confused. I still can't find it, but like I said, everts passes "Mach 1" standing up on the pegs around the outside in said particular video. Wink
tobz
9/6/2012 3:16pm
I remember watching a video of dv12 riding at e track and thinking, damn that's friggin quick, then they put out the vid of bubba riding it. Crazy mad.
chrisbuehler
9/6/2012 3:22pm
Well by your own thread title we are looking for raw speed not decievingly fast speed. I would say Bubba and the Herlings clip are the...
tobz wrote:
That's understandable that you've been confused. I still can't find it, but like I said, everts passes "Mach 1" standing up on the pegs around the...
That's understandable that you've been confused. I still can't find it, but like I said, everts passes "Mach 1" standing up on the pegs around the outside in said particular video. Wink
I sure as heck didnt mean Everts wasnt one of the fastest racer's ever. But he's kind of the Dungey, Windam mold. So smooth they dont look like they are going um, "mach 1" lol. I would say Bubba, RV, RC are the epitome of raw speed.
Katoom72
9/6/2012 3:44pm
If you see everts ride, he looks like he's not going fast. Seems like he's not even trying todo so.
And then you see how he passes people with that easy and 'slow-like' style, while the one he's passing looks like he's giving it all. it's damn weird...
Crush
9/6/2012 4:24pm
scooterB wrote:
tobz wrote:
I remember watching a video of dv12 riding at e track and thinking, damn that's friggin quick, then they put out the vid of bubba riding...
I remember watching a video of dv12 riding at e track and thinking, damn that's friggin quick, then they put out the vid of bubba riding it. Crazy mad.
There was a video of Hilly riding there that was ballsout fast too... standing on the pegs just railing corners hard... He makes riding a bike look cool!
scooterB
9/6/2012 4:36pm
Crush wrote:
There was a video of Hilly riding there that was ballsout fast too... standing on the pegs just railing corners hard... He makes riding a bike...
There was a video of Hilly riding there that was ballsout fast too... standing on the pegs just railing corners hard... He makes riding a bike look cool!
funny you mention that...i was actually looking for that video off the bat, but stumbled on that bubba vid and figured it would fit the bill....

i think that was a TWMX video too?? somebody dig that up!!!

Post a reply to: Videos of Raw Speed

The Latest