Vicki Golden

DP71
1/15/2015 7:17pm
bvm111 wrote:
sweet tats man... Wink
jhansen510 wrote:
As with anything else it starts out as wanting to be different. Then it turns into the cool thing to do. Seems to me being different...
As with anything else it starts out as wanting to be different. Then it turns into the cool thing to do. Seems to me being different is not maiming your body but that's just me. I personally can not stand tattoos but wtf do I know. The generation of today is going to look awfully silly at 60 plus years of age! Not to mention the possible long term affects of covering your bodies largest organ (skin for those of you who tried the pro mx route) in ink. Tattoos have been around for a long time but just recently has it become the norm to be completely sleeved up, etc. sheople i tell you. But I digress...
there is no long term effects, and who really gives a shit what they look like at 60 plus anyway... your just happy to know what day it is!!

i have both arms full sleeve, and i cant wait to be an old guy they look bad ass !!!

to each his own!
Thelen20
1/15/2015 7:36pm
erikcrvjl wrote:
Absolutely no chance. She entered in one of the arenacross races that was in the area and I saw her get like no higher than fifth...
Absolutely no chance. She entered in one of the arenacross races that was in the area and I saw her get like no higher than fifth in both of her races. If she can't even win against my local guys how is she going to make it at the top level?
Define "make it"

I don't know her goals but for me, if she makes a night show and runs some heats and lcq's without being dead last, I will be really really impressed and consider her a huge success!

I don't expect her to "make it" in the sense of winning races and getting rich

Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
1/15/2015 7:41pm
OW38B wrote:
Give the "chicks" their own class at SX,................ they did it outdoors and see what a success it was. I still would rather watch the girls...
Give the "chicks" their own class at SX,................ they did it outdoors and see what a success it was.

I still would rather watch the girls at SX then have to sit thru the KTM peewee thing. Sick
not a bad idea
I don't get this^? Would you not love to do that as a 7-8 year old? Is it too much to sit through the 9 min of kids racing?

My kid did it in '12, so yeah I may be biased but come on man… Your time MUST be valuable or you really like the sumo tuff block races?

500guy
1/15/2015 7:52pm
OW38B wrote:
Give the "chicks" their own class at SX,................ they did it outdoors and see what a success it was. I still would rather watch the girls...
Give the "chicks" their own class at SX,................ they did it outdoors and see what a success it was.

I still would rather watch the girls at SX then have to sit thru the KTM peewee thing. Sick
not a bad idea
I don't get this^? Would you not love to do that as a 7-8 year old? Is it too much to sit through the 9 min...
I don't get this^? Would you not love to do that as a 7-8 year old? Is it too much to sit through the 9 min of kids racing?

My kid did it in '12, so yeah I may be biased but come on man… Your time MUST be valuable or you really like the sumo tuff block races?

I was like these guy's until , I witnessed The KTM Junior program from the time the kids got there until race time.

This event is bigger than us angry old guy's, it transforms these youngsters and their Families and is a great building block for the future of the Sport.

Not to mention anyone who drags the wife or girlfriend along that doesn't care for the Sport will comment on how cute and cool the kids event was.

The Shop

BobbyM
1/15/2015 7:57pm
Old-Man wrote:
To try and make the 250 field at Texas SX As tweeted by VialMX [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/15/77042/s1200_aaa1111_Vicki.jpg[/img] Make it? No Chance?
To try and make the 250 field at Texas SX
As tweeted by VialMX

Make it?
No Chance?

Hazard to others. Hopefully she doesn't smash up hard.
bents
Fantasy
909th
1/15/2015 8:07pm
Good luck to her. I'm not trying to be funny when I say that she has more balls than most this board, and she races too. Just getting to this point is more than most accomplish.
hammertime
1/15/2015 8:07pm
bvm111 wrote:
sweet tats man... Wink
jhansen510 wrote:
As with anything else it starts out as wanting to be different. Then it turns into the cool thing to do. Seems to me being different...
As with anything else it starts out as wanting to be different. Then it turns into the cool thing to do. Seems to me being different is not maiming your body but that's just me. I personally can not stand tattoos but wtf do I know. The generation of today is going to look awfully silly at 60 plus years of age! Not to mention the possible long term affects of covering your bodies largest organ (skin for those of you who tried the pro mx route) in ink. Tattoos have been around for a long time but just recently has it become the norm to be completely sleeved up, etc. sheople i tell you. But I digress...
normally I think you're a wannabe know it all...but I couldn't agree more on this take!
davistld01
1/15/2015 8:10pm
bvm111 wrote:
sweet tats man... Wink
jhansen510 wrote:
DP71 wrote:
there is no long term effects, and who really gives a shit what they look like at 60 plus anyway... your just happy to know what...
there is no long term effects, and who really gives a shit what they look like at 60 plus anyway... your just happy to know what day it is!!

i have both arms full sleeve, and i cant wait to be an old guy they look bad ass !!!

to each his own!
That last classless & clueless little "over 60" comment insulted a lot of guys here who've been racing since before you were born, hotshot. You're obviously still a teenager & have little or no idea as to the long term I'll effects of ink...and have never had to undergo the scrutiny of applying for a good job with tattoos from head to toe.

machine
1/15/2015 8:10pm
She needs to stay home and take care of her man.....if it is a man...Dry
Outsider
1/15/2015 8:18pm
davistld01 wrote:
That last classless & clueless little "over 60" comment insulted a lot of guys here who've been racing since before you were born, hotshot. You're obviously...
That last classless & clueless little "over 60" comment insulted a lot of guys here who've been racing since before you were born, hotshot. You're obviously still a teenager & have little or no idea as to the long term I'll effects of ink...and have never had to undergo the scrutiny of applying for a good job with tattoos from head to toe.

Damn dude, you sure have a reading comprehension issue it seemsUnsure
DP71
1/15/2015 8:23pm
jhansen510 wrote:
DP71 wrote:
there is no long term effects, and who really gives a shit what they look like at 60 plus anyway... your just happy to know what...

to each his own!
davistld01 wrote:
That last classless & clueless little "over 60" comment insulted a lot of guys here who've been racing since before you were born, hotshot. You're obviously...

been a sales and finance manager at a 6 line dealership, no problems with jobs! but i wasn't meaning to offend anyone, just a
joke!
steve_97060
1/15/2015 9:24pm
Skippie wrote:
She said her goal is to make a main event. She DNS'd or DNF'd every single Arenacross main in 2014. http://results.americanmotorcyclist.com/riders/46562-victoria-golden/results/arenacross/2014 Like Chad Reed said, good...
She said her goal is to make a main event. She DNS'd or DNF'd every single Arenacross main in 2014. http://results.americanmotorcyclist.com/riders/46562-victoria-golden/re… Like Chad Reed said, good luck to her but not gonna happen.
yeah, an interesting road to SX...
1/15/2015 10:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2015 10:37pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Sitting in the tattoo chair, "What will this look like 40 years from now?" was not my first thought, but making sure the ink is hidden with a t-shirt was. We'll all be wrinkled up anyways.

Back on topic, I wonder what Reed will have to say if she ends up making the night show... How did she get her credentials if she DNS'd every round last year?

wildbill
1/15/2015 10:53pm
maybe she'll take bowers out when he laps her?
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
1/15/2015 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2015 11:16pm
wildbill wrote:
She won't be racing him.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/15/2015 11:29pm
Old-Man wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/15/77043/s1200_Vicki_golden_MX.jpg[/img] I know some dudes that wish they had arms like hers..

I know some dudes that wish they had arms like hers..

Get outta my head BC!!!Laughing
EddieC
1/15/2015 11:43pm
You guys are unbelievable!! Some of you come on here and defend the AX road to SX program by saying the cream rises to the top and that the riders that deserve to be in SX will find a way in.

Vicki did what was needed to be done and qualified.

You guys shit on her because she makes a statement about wanting to make a main. Isn't that the goal of every rider that lines up on the gate? Its not like she is claiming a championship.

I spoke to Vicki and she told she is footing most of the bill on her own with the help of some sponsors.
I have been around this sport long enough to say that she has the ability to negotiate a SX track as good if not better then some of the goons that show up on Saturday.

As long you can double a triple, jump the finish line and not be a hazard to yourself or others you can have at it.

Feld wants to do a piece on her, that's on them. Why shouldn't they? Its a unique story and its possible that for the first time in SX history we could have a female in the night show.

Women tried to have their own series in MX and it flopped. So now a women says ok let me try and compete with the men and everyone goes apeshit.
EddieC
1/15/2015 11:46pm
wildbill wrote:
By that statement you believe she will make the night show.

The only way she could end up on the track at the same time as Bowers is in a heat race.
wildbill
1/15/2015 11:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2015 11:52pm
I hope she does. I watched my friend line up in a heat next to MC in Seattle. It's one hell of an audition.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/16/2015 1:37am
Hey Mr.! I tried to qualify for three Supercross mains in Junior 125's in '98... And promptly failed SadLaughing
SAM642
1/16/2015 1:48am
bvm111 wrote:
sweet tats man... Wink
jhansen510 wrote:
thankyou for your input. the difference is people with tattoos don't care that you don't have or like tattoos
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/16/2015 2:19am
SAM642 wrote:
thankyou for your input. the difference is people with tattoos don't care that you don't have or like tattoos
Needs more skullz...
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/16/2015 5:12am
Rotaholic wrote:
We need to fly Courtney Duncan over on her YZ125
lostboy819 wrote:
Why ??
Because she could smoke any female rider on the planet.
OK, so we fly her over so she can NOT qualify for a SX race ?? I dont see your point.
mx621
1/16/2015 5:36am
I think its pretty bad ass she is trying.. she is making waves, good for the sport. period!. I don't think she will make the night program but if she does, she will get a lot of tv time..
machine
1/16/2015 6:00am
EddieC wrote:
You guys are unbelievable!! Some of you come on here and defend the AX road to SX program by saying the cream rises to the top...
You guys are unbelievable!! Some of you come on here and defend the AX road to SX program by saying the cream rises to the top and that the riders that deserve to be in SX will find a way in.

Vicki did what was needed to be done and qualified.

You guys shit on her because she makes a statement about wanting to make a main. Isn't that the goal of every rider that lines up on the gate? Its not like she is claiming a championship.

I spoke to Vicki and she told she is footing most of the bill on her own with the help of some sponsors.
I have been around this sport long enough to say that she has the ability to negotiate a SX track as good if not better then some of the goons that show up on Saturday.

As long you can double a triple, jump the finish line and not be a hazard to yourself or others you can have at it.

Feld wants to do a piece on her, that's on them. Why shouldn't they? Its a unique story and its possible that for the first time in SX history we could have a female in the night show.

Women tried to have their own series in MX and it flopped. So now a women says ok let me try and compete with the men and everyone goes apeshit.
And what happens when shes in the way and needs to be "moved out of the way" and gets hurt. Who ends up looking like a bully picking on a girl?...that's right the man does. They don't need to be in a mens race...period. Tired of all this BS about how women can compete with men feminist bs...blah, blah blah....

Post a reply to: Vicki Golden

The Latest