Vexea mx gear

Fearo

|
Motofinne
6/30/2016 8:35am
Yeah i saw that a week ago. Disgusting, it almost like a Chinese brand that sells copied Seven stuff on Aliexpress.
6/30/2016 9:11am
I don't see the problem.... They don't steal the design but only use the same colors.... Then you could say every mx gear company is a copycat because almost all of them make fluo yellow gear

The Shop

davistld01
6/30/2016 9:19am
As long as they don't copy the amazingly fugly Alpinestars crap Barcia was wearing while he was on Honda...all is fair game in my book.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
6/30/2016 9:29am
That's pretty blatant. Where is this Vexea company based?
6/30/2016 10:01am
Hey guys, I'm just going to drop some info here for anyone who isn't going to research past this thread.

The owner, Adam, is a good friend of mine from the military. We deployed together in 2013 to Afghanistan. He got out last year and started this company. From the get go he gathered support from within the community and built a solid team around himself. The company is currently based out of NC and is expanding. Current Vexea riders are Nate Adams, Kyle Peters and Justin Starling.

https://www.vexeamx.com/

Instagram
EEE299
6/30/2016 10:08am
Oh yes this might just get good...

But really who cares? My only problem with it is that it is only slightly less overpriced than the seven stuffLaughing
Flip109
6/30/2016 10:14am
Affordable seven gear without the seven on it yessssssss
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/30/2016 10:15am
Calling the Fox stuff a copy is pretty far-fetched.... Especially since the cut and material sections are quite a bit different on the Flex-Air vs Seven stuff.
mx836
6/30/2016 10:16am
Looks good to me. The inspiration from Seven is clear, but it's no different than any other market. Every time a new RC car model is released, it's only a matter of a few forum posts before somebody says "it looks just like _____ ". If you're going to copy someone, Seven is a good choice.
6/30/2016 10:39am
Hey guys, I'm just going to drop some info here for anyone who isn't going to research past this thread. The owner, Adam, is a good...
Hey guys, I'm just going to drop some info here for anyone who isn't going to research past this thread.

The owner, Adam, is a good friend of mine from the military. We deployed together in 2013 to Afghanistan. He got out last year and started this company. From the get go he gathered support from within the community and built a solid team around himself. The company is currently based out of NC and is expanding. Current Vexea riders are Nate Adams, Kyle Peters and Justin Starling.

Instagram
I'm not sure what else these is to research?? I totally understand you sticking up for your buddy, but the lack of creativity here is staggering. Just my .02
6/30/2016 10:46am
I'm not sure what else these is to research?? I totally understand you sticking up for your buddy, but the lack of creativity here is staggering...
I'm not sure what else these is to research?? I totally understand you sticking up for your buddy, but the lack of creativity here is staggering. Just my .02
That was the point of my post, to supply people here with some information that they wouldn't otherwise go find themselves. As far as the gear goes, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
KBOLTZ
6/30/2016 11:05am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2016 11:11am
That V logo looks pretty similar to the VurbMoto V as well. Not bad looking gear though. It's hard to do something that doesn't look similar to the other designs of gear.
RandyS
6/30/2016 11:12am
Hey guys, I'm just going to drop some info here for anyone who isn't going to research past this thread. The owner, Adam, is a good...

Instagram
I'm not sure what else these is to research?? I totally understand you sticking up for your buddy, but the lack of creativity here is staggering...
This last post is laughable. Being that both are from NC I think there may be more at work here. I was in the apparel business for 25 plus years, I could find something from every current company that was done before in every industry I have been in. Some of the Seven stuff is cool, some of it is amateurish. The first year their patterns and grading were horrible. I knew nothing about this brand until about 15 minutes ago, but MX gear is something I've watched pretty closely for the last 20 years. It's probably a 90% chance this will fail, but that's true in almost every industry. This is a very impressive first offering from someone coming in from outside the industry and I wish him luck and hope he succeeds. It is possible, much more so now with the advent of the internet and the thinning of brick and mortar shops but it's still an uphill battle. And thank you for both of your service.
6/30/2016 11:12am
Fearo wrote:
[img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1181/8914/products/1T4A4477_1024x1024.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.adrenalineempire.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/s/e/seven_mx_rival_legion_jersey_pants_whtredsq.jpg[/img]

Hate to break it to you but if you see a similarity in this then sorry mate you are blind as fuck.
6/30/2016 12:10pm
Randy, are you drinking the stuff under the sink again?? "Being that both are from NC I think there may be more at work here" wtf??? Huh zero clue what kind of correlation you're trying to make.. is that supposed to mean it's some kind of "inside marketing PR" that I'm bustin the company's balls, but secretly the owner is my friend from middle school or something? You may have watched moto gear pretty closely for the last 20 years, but you sir need your eyes examined if you don't see a blatant rip off here. The pure style of the gear is one thing... but then the marketing photos, the fucking company slogan for christ sakes?? I'll bet the owner of the company's name is Shames Shewart tooLaughing
6/30/2016 12:17pm
All I care about is Ride365 gear...but I do like to see new businesses inside of this hobby/sport.
p0wn
6/30/2016 1:01pm
Y'all are nuts. The gear is definitely not copying though they use similar colors. The vectory style is just contemporary right now. Put the pitchforks away.
hvaughn88
6/30/2016 1:06pm
Copycat or not, it's some cool looking gear.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
6/30/2016 1:08pm
A friend had a set off the all white on at our race this weekend. Looked great! Hope it last longer than the seven gear. Our Seven gear hasn't held up good at all! So far I like the TLD gear for the high price stuff, has lasted much longer than the Seven... I will try this to help the local guy out!
moscrop940
6/30/2016 1:21pm
Guys, gear companies have been copying color ways and designs for years, and that is changing any time soon.

Look at all the "flo" colors out on the market right now. Someone (probably troy lee) came out with it, it caught on, and now its the norm.

HenryA
6/30/2016 1:39pm
davistld01 wrote:
As long as they don't copy the amazingly fugly Alpinestars crap Barcia was wearing while he was on Honda...all is fair game in my book.
His camo gear was sick tho
Underdog999
6/30/2016 2:13pm
RandyS wrote:
This last post is laughable. Being that both are from NC I think there may be more at work here. I was in the apparel business...
This last post is laughable. Being that both are from NC I think there may be more at work here. I was in the apparel business for 25 plus years, I could find something from every current company that was done before in every industry I have been in. Some of the Seven stuff is cool, some of it is amateurish. The first year their patterns and grading were horrible. I knew nothing about this brand until about 15 minutes ago, but MX gear is something I've watched pretty closely for the last 20 years. It's probably a 90% chance this will fail, but that's true in almost every industry. This is a very impressive first offering from someone coming in from outside the industry and I wish him luck and hope he succeeds. It is possible, much more so now with the advent of the internet and the thinning of brick and mortar shops but it's still an uphill battle. And thank you for both of your service.
I iagree with Randy! I was in the apparel industry myself, and it is nearly impossible not to look like you are copying someone. Unless you go with a paisley print or a mass of polka dots on your gear, it will look like your are copying some one else right now. I like what these guys are doing for their first time out. Not an easy thing to do! Good luck.

Post a reply to: Vexea mx gear

The Latest