Vet Motocross Racing Schedule

Moto810
Edited Date/Time 3/10/2016 2:38pm
We built this site to help centralize the vet racing clubs schedules. If your over 30 these types of races are good fun and the people are normally friendly! If you are a club and want your schedule added just email us from the site.

www.VetMotocross.com
|
urbanlift707
3/7/2016 12:32pm
Awesome, thanks! Looks like I'll head down to Hangtown for the Sierra OTHG national in April.
coastie44
3/7/2016 12:54pm
Awesome, thanks! Looks like I'll head down to Hangtown for the Sierra OTHG national in April.
Problem is you cant race an OTHG national without participating in two races with them within previous 12 months. Sad

The Shop

Moto810
3/7/2016 3:59pm
coastie44 wrote:
Problem is you cant race an OTHG national without participating in two races with them within previous 12 months. Sad
Is it you can't race or your points don't count? I can't imagine a club turning away new members?
Sparkey
3/7/2016 4:22pm
your not allowed to, but there are exceptions. I raced the south one at GH a few years back. I had been a member for years, but coming off of an injury. The south pres petitioned the other chapters and got an exception for me. If your currently not a member, probably not going to happen.
Moto810
3/7/2016 4:47pm
wow that is good to know. I have never raced an OTHG race but was wanting to make a few trips to race them this year. Going to be difficult to do now knowing this. I take it they have such a large turnout for racing they just don't need more riders huh?
NeedMoto
3/7/2016 4:59pm
Moto810 wrote:
wow that is good to know. I have never raced an OTHG race but was wanting to make a few trips to race them this year...
wow that is good to know. I have never raced an OTHG race but was wanting to make a few trips to race them this year. Going to be difficult to do now knowing this. I take it they have such a large turnout for racing they just don't need more riders huh?
There nationals are the only one's you can't just show up, and race. Although they do have support classes you can ride.

Other than that, the rest of the races (Non national) you can show up, join, and then you'll ride as an eval to figure out which classes your best suited for. Do two of those, then your good to go at nationals as well.

They don't have such big turn out's, as to not want new riders, they just have a new rider process Wink
Moto810
3/7/2016 5:11pm
Man my favorite track is Hollister Hills GP! I raced that place back when I was in the military 20+ years ago and it was epic! Back then they have double full gates. It was crazy how many racers showed up on a weekend!
Moto810
3/8/2016 8:33am
Moto810 wrote:
wow that is good to know. I have never raced an OTHG race but was wanting to make a few trips to race them this year...
NeedMoto wrote:
There nationals are the only one's you can't just show up, and race. Although they do have support classes you can ride. Other than that, the...
There nationals are the only one's you can't just show up, and race. Although they do have support classes you can ride.

Other than that, the rest of the races (Non national) you can show up, join, and then you'll ride as an eval to figure out which classes your best suited for. Do two of those, then your good to go at nationals as well.

They don't have such big turn out's, as to not want new riders, they just have a new rider process Wink
I gave that some thought and have to wonder how that helps the club? Last year I raced my first Old Timers race and about 5 of us showed up and joined on that day for the first time! Now we are members and will race more often because of it. Maybe that OTHG rule is very old and no one has considered it lately?
NorcalVet
3/8/2016 9:18am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2016 9:42am
- I could be wrong. You can always send an email to a respective Othg club.

* masters are a exception to this rule.

Most nationals have a open Friday Othg only and support track day. Then 2 moto's on sat and Sunday. Big bbq and raffle on sat night including extracurricular activities and hydration going on. Prior to most nationals are warm up races and a open track day.

But Nationals are different, two race rule in the prior 12 months or 4 within the last 24 months. Exceptions possible because major injuries. Case by case, discuss w/ a race director. You can race support by class (i.e. Say beginner) but not say the actual + 45 beginner.

The rule is in place basically to stop sandbagging. That way if someone hasn't shown up for local races and then lays a beat down on current regular members always creates controversy.

The last time there was a " Hangtown " / PC National a few years back there was 41 riders on my gate + 38 novice. Fun times!!! Nationals have very good rider turnout and most have big gates and a ton of very cool trophies.

+38 nov

+30 nov 1st turn

Don't loose a bet!!

Moto810
3/8/2016 9:29am
Looks like that guy should not have made the bet in the first place! lol

I can understand limiting sandbaggers! My concern would mostly be about someone from out of the area wants to come race and where they are from they don't have an OTHG so they can't race the 2 races in 12 months. That's all. They should maybe consider allowing them to join and then race but their points don't count?

I just don't like any race (not sold out) preventing new members from joining if they are willing to pay and drive to the race.

I think vet racing is a growing area of the sport and it is more fun than most know! I would like to see more give it a try.
NorcalVet
3/8/2016 9:29am
Oldtimers track day, at " Hangtown " / PC last year.
As much as seat time you can handle w/ good peeps

Moto810
3/8/2016 9:36am
The Old Timers race several practices and 5 motos! I could not feel my arms or legs after a weekend of racing with those guys!
jeffro503
3/8/2016 9:44am
Thanks for the site Moto810! Got it bookmarked!

Side note : I remember quite a few years ago at my very first +30 race. The guys on the line strapped a diaper to my front fender since I was the baby of the class haha. Wonder if that tradition is still floating around some where?
NorcalVet
3/8/2016 9:59am
race schedule

National Bylaws

... Voted on by all chapter members, National Committee, and discussed at monthly meetings. There's plenty of support classes to race at every national for everybody.

A lot of members chase their respective championship. I.e. National 30+ intermediate and they have to race all 5 nationals, lowest score wins. So there's rules in place, which probably 99% agree with.

So for example, you could ride the open track day on Friday (8-2?)

Then two support moto's on each day over the weekend. If you show up w/ a few buddies then you can all race together anyways. Just attending a Othg national is a blast, lots of great battles - from women's to masters. Tons of vendors, from food, parts, suspension, TCR - wheels tires, etc
Moto810
3/8/2016 10:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks for the site Moto810! Got it bookmarked! Side note : I remember quite a few years ago at my very first +30 race. The guys...
Thanks for the site Moto810! Got it bookmarked!

Side note : I remember quite a few years ago at my very first +30 race. The guys on the line strapped a diaper to my front fender since I was the baby of the class haha. Wonder if that tradition is still floating around some where?
Sure thing!

Last year at Oregon Old Timers national I did not see any diapers! haha

My take from the race at Washougal was that it was ran very well for the most part and the people/riders were helpful and nice to hang out with. It felt the way motocross racing should feel. Riders were helping other riders and they had a great BBQ! Great bunch of people! If anyone is looking for a summer trip I recommend the Washougal Oregon Old Timers race for sure!
Moto810
3/8/2016 10:16am
NorcalVet wrote:
[url=http://www.sierraothg.com/temp/2016OTHGRaceSchedule.pdf]race schedule[/url] [url=http://www.sierraothg.com/temp/Nationalrules2016.pdf]National Bylaws[/url] ... Voted on by all chapter members, National Committee, and discussed at monthly meetings. There's plenty of support classes to race at...
race schedule

National Bylaws

... Voted on by all chapter members, National Committee, and discussed at monthly meetings. There's plenty of support classes to race at every national for everybody.

A lot of members chase their respective championship. I.e. National 30+ intermediate and they have to race all 5 nationals, lowest score wins. So there's rules in place, which probably 99% agree with.

Then two support moto's on each day over the weekend. If you show up w/ a few buddies then you can all race together anyways. Just attending a Othg national is a blast, lots of great battles - from women's to masters. Tons of vendors, from food, parts, suspension, TCR - wheels tires, etc
Since you seem to know a great deal about the gang rules what is the story with number plate background colors? Can you just bring colored tape and outline your place or do you have to change them to solid per your class?
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
3/8/2016 10:50am
Two races is all? When we ran this you had to have five races to be eligible to race unless you were a Pro.

You have to understand the OTHG is not owned by anyone person and the races are not run to make a business money. The OTHG is a membership owned and run club so things are done a tad different than other "for profit" clubs.

That is why new members have to do evaluation rides and have to have 2 races in to race a OTHG National. The guys in the OTHG were tried of guys coming out for one race and sandbagging the class and the Nationals have way better trophies than a regular race. Guys new to the club alway didn't like it but once they are in and involved they appreciate that it is there.

Not good or bad .......just the way it is. Cool
b8res
3/8/2016 11:10am
OW38B wrote:
Two races is all? When we ran this you had to have five races to be eligible to race unless you were a Pro. [URL=http://s68.photobucket.com/user/ow38b/media/Mamlogo_clean.jpg.html][IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i37/ow38b/Mamlogo_clean.jpg[/IMG][/URL] You...
Two races is all? When we ran this you had to have five races to be eligible to race unless you were a Pro.

You have to understand the OTHG is not owned by anyone person and the races are not run to make a business money. The OTHG is a membership owned and run club so things are done a tad different than other "for profit" clubs.

That is why new members have to do evaluation rides and have to have 2 races in to race a OTHG National. The guys in the OTHG were tried of guys coming out for one race and sandbagging the class and the Nationals have way better trophies than a regular race. Guys new to the club alway didn't like it but once they are in and involved they appreciate that it is there.

Not good or bad .......just the way it is. Cool
^^^^....very well said.....^^^^^
b8res
3/8/2016 11:12am
NorcalVet wrote:
[url=http://www.sierraothg.com/temp/2016OTHGRaceSchedule.pdf]race schedule[/url] [url=http://www.sierraothg.com/temp/Nationalrules2016.pdf]National Bylaws[/url] ... Voted on by all chapter members, National Committee, and discussed at monthly meetings. There's plenty of support classes to race at...
race schedule

National Bylaws

Moto810 wrote:
Since you seem to know a great deal about the gang rules what is the story with number plate background colors? Can you just bring colored...
Since you seem to know a great deal about the gang rules what is the story with number plate background colors? Can you just bring colored tape and outline your place or do you have to change them to solid per your class?
If I'm not mistaken background colors are not an issue...since they are non points paying classes. Pretty much big bike support & little bike support classes.
NorcalVet
3/8/2016 11:25am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2016 11:28am
NorcalVet wrote:
race schedule

National Bylaws

Moto810 wrote:
Since you seem to know a great deal about the gang rules what is the story with number plate background colors? Can you just bring colored...
Yes, in a short answer. But only needed for actual Othg classes not support.

Just inform someone when sign up, walk over to which ever chapters race or national you are attending. Each color disignates a class (speed), then each class has its own age groups. Then each chapter has its corresponding letter.

Which helps monitor/ control scheduled practices also. And if your chasing points for year end top 20, class, or national points. Then it helps to let you recognize who your out there with in practice and during the races. But obviously if your attending a few races and you know what class your running then you want to get some cool looking backgrounds and choose a race # that's available. Cool

That's after you get " jumped " into the gang.... Lol
Moto810
3/8/2016 11:50am
Thanks, I was only asking because some have said you have to have full solid backgrounds and I don't want to have green or yellow backgrounds on my bike or change them out often. Maybe a separate set of number plates would be easier and cheaper in the long run.
Tim507
3/8/2016 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2016 12:50pm
Some how I believe that these three clubs are being confused with each other,,,Or is there another OTHG in California?

1) http://www.socalotmx.org/ - I know zero about this club

2)http://othgmx.org/ - I also know zero about this club

3) http://www.oldtimermx.com/ - Oldtimermx will take your money anytime at any of their events and they do an awesome jobWoohoo

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this.

Moto810
3/8/2016 12:58pm
I have heard that all the clubs are separate clubs. Some just work together maybe as far as scheduling races? I am not 100% on this but the Old Timers are separate.

You are correct though and that the Old Timers let you sign up right on the spot at a race. That is nice!
urbanlift707
3/8/2016 10:00pm
Damn thanks for all the info. I am a member of the Serria chapter, but I've only raced once with them and it was in October. If I didn't live 5 hours away and have two small kids I'd be at every race. I'll email them and ask still, racing 30+ master anyways so it's impossible to sand bag the highest class. Not to mention I'm sure I'll Be battling deep towards the backPinch
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
3/9/2016 9:49am
Tim507 wrote:
Some how I believe that these three clubs are being confused with each other,,,Or is there another OTHG in California? 1) http://www.socalotmx.org/ - I know zero...
Some how I believe that these three clubs are being confused with each other,,,Or is there another OTHG in California?

1) http://www.socalotmx.org/ - I know zero about this club

2)http://othgmx.org/ - I also know zero about this club

3) http://www.oldtimermx.com/ - Oldtimermx will take your money anytime at any of their events and they do an awesome jobWoohoo

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this.

Tim - the Over the Hill Gang MX Racing Club and the Old Timers MX Club are two different and separate entities.

On a side note, both clubs will let you sign up on race day on all races except for a National race weekend in a club class. An OTHG National is just like Mammoth MX is now, you have to be eligible to race the event.
Moto810
3/9/2016 10:02am
There is one major difference though. Old Timers allow you to signup on race day and their nationals races. They allow you to race their national races a full member and not as a support class rider. Most other rules are similar I would guess. Old timers allow you to use colored tape on your number plates also rather than buying new backgrounds.

Mostly they have the same ideas from what I can tell. Most likely started around the same time period.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
3/9/2016 10:35am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 12:15pm
Moto810 wrote:
There is one major difference though. Old Timers allow you to signup on race day and their nationals races. They allow you to race their national...
There is one major difference though. Old Timers allow you to signup on race day and their nationals races. They allow you to race their national races a full member and not as a support class rider. Most other rules are similar I would guess. Old timers allow you to use colored tape on your number plates also rather than buying new backgrounds.

Mostly they have the same ideas from what I can tell. Most likely started around the same time period.
The OTHG chapters are not the same, Bay, Sierra and Central Valley have you run full colored backgrounds at all races, the South (Parent) chapter you only need a colored class sticker "G" at local races.

And the OTHG has never allowed non evaluated riders race a OTHG National in an OTHG class, it is 5 races a year that are held for members that are qualified in their respective classes only. The OTHG Nationals pull quite a few more entries than the OTMX so than can afford to do that, were the OTMX is not able.
Moto810
3/9/2016 12:06pm
I was only pointing out the difference that the Old Timers will allow new members to race their national and use tape. Someone above was talking about that.

I am not against any of the clubs. I might not agree with the rules of a club but still like that they run vet motocross.

Myself I was planning to drive 15 hrs one way to come race a gang race but now knowing the rules that is not possible. It is good that we all share the rules for those on this board who might be looking to join or race. Being informed from other members as to the rules is very helpful.

Post a reply to: Vet Motocross Racing Schedule

The Latest