3/31/2014 1:15am
RV: "Hey is that my giant championship bonus check over there?"

The Shop

fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
3/31/2014 2:22am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 2:23am
jndmx wrote:
[b]RV: "Hey is that my giant championship bonus check over there?"[/b] [img]https://i.imgflip.com/7ulsn.gif[/img]
RV: "Hey is that my giant championship bonus check over there?"

^^No, it was his win bonus cheque blowing by
3/31/2014 2:59am
The rare moment, was Stewart who has been in the premier class for nine years, just caught and passed the current champ who was leading.
3/31/2014 5:41am
I was an Alessi fan briefly, but I noticed in Toronto that he is now at a disadvantage:

But I digress. Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread. :-)
TRON
3/31/2014 6:11am
True comment.

The super rare moment was stewart didn't eat shit while trying to pass someone, as he is known to do.
KMC440
3/31/2014 6:22am
No better ad for Visor-vue than that ... Wink
P
3/31/2014 6:27am
kongols wrote:
It was interesting to see that. Even MC noticed and made a quick comment.

P
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/31/2014 7:34am
Nice to see he learned something from MA
Xeno
3/31/2014 7:48am
Bubba on the brain...
Shiftfaced
3/31/2014 7:53am
I usually cheer for the underdog. I may have to switch to being an RV fan.
You must not have been watching the last three races.

In rooting for RV, you WILL BE rooting for the underdog.
Grizz
3/31/2014 8:42am
Was that Alessi!?
Shiftfaced
3/31/2014 9:14am
Shiftfaced wrote:

Yup that's what I meant.
Gotcha. I thought you meant that because of threads like this, you were going to change who you were rooting for.

I *like* James, and root for him, but I honestly *LIKE* every-single one of them. While I think Barcia is a bit too aggressive at times, I think he rocks too. I wish J-Law had not been banned.

What I DON'T understand is why having a "favorite" rider means that people have to hope for the demise of others.

RV has himself in a position where he does not have to risk it. If I were him, I would not risk it either. But as a FAN? I want those two scrapping! I LOVED what I saw at the Monster Energy Cup, and had visions of those two swapping spots 5 times per lap, at each and every race. Has not really unfolded that way though. I do not wish ill on any of these riders, but if something happened to knot up the championship as we wind it down, I would love to see it.
Big Lenny
3/31/2014 9:18am
I thought that championship started after Daytona, somebody's not sticking to the script...Dry
jeffro503
3/31/2014 9:28am
Big Lenny wrote:
I thought that championship started after Daytona, somebody's not sticking to the script...Dry
??? With a 36pt lead?.......the fugger deserves an Oscar!

mx317
3/31/2014 9:30am
From MXA:
For the average motorcycle racer winning is a joyous occasion, but for superstars like James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey and Chad Reed, the thrill of that single night of glory has been replaced with a desire to be remember. Or, more likely a fear of being forgotten...and it happens all the time. Need examples? Have you given much thought to Steve Lamson, George Holland, Grant Langston, Jeff Stanton, Rick Burgett or Darrell Schultz lately? They were all Champions in their time. Although not forgotten—they aren’t really remembered. Winning races is nice, but the record book is reserved for Championship winners—and even guys with four, five or six titles aren’t spoken of with reverence a few years after they retire. Thus, James Stewart is happy to win races, but that wistful look in his eyes is because he wants to win Championships. He may be the fastest rider on the planet, but all the record book shows is that he hasn’t won a title since 2009.
Outsider
3/31/2014 9:33am
Big Lenny wrote:
You're gonna hate the ending...
Spartacus
3/31/2014 9:49am
Shiftfaced wrote:

Yup that's what I meant.
Shiftfaced wrote:
Gotcha. I thought you meant that because of threads like this, you were going to change who you were rooting for. I *like* James, and root...
Gotcha. I thought you meant that because of threads like this, you were going to change who you were rooting for.

I *like* James, and root for him, but I honestly *LIKE* every-single one of them. While I think Barcia is a bit too aggressive at times, I think he rocks too. I wish J-Law had not been banned.

What I DON'T understand is why having a "favorite" rider means that people have to hope for the demise of others.

RV has himself in a position where he does not have to risk it. If I were him, I would not risk it either. But as a FAN? I want those two scrapping! I LOVED what I saw at the Monster Energy Cup, and had visions of those two swapping spots 5 times per lap, at each and every race. Has not really unfolded that way though. I do not wish ill on any of these riders, but if something happened to knot up the championship as we wind it down, I would love to see it.
"……What I DON'T understand is why having a "favorite" rider means that people have to hope for the demise of others….."

If you really want to know, Google psychology of sports fans and read up. All of it plays out here every week.
jeffro503
3/31/2014 9:51am
mx317 wrote:
From MXA: For the average motorcycle racer winning is a joyous occasion, but for superstars like James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey and Chad Reed, the...
From MXA:
For the average motorcycle racer winning is a joyous occasion, but for superstars like James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey and Chad Reed, the thrill of that single night of glory has been replaced with a desire to be remember. Or, more likely a fear of being forgotten...and it happens all the time. Need examples? Have you given much thought to Steve Lamson, George Holland, Grant Langston, Jeff Stanton, Rick Burgett or Darrell Schultz lately? They were all Champions in their time. Although not forgotten—they aren’t really remembered. Winning races is nice, but the record book is reserved for Championship winners—and even guys with four, five or six titles aren’t spoken of with reverence a few years after they retire. Thus, James Stewart is happy to win races, but that wistful look in his eyes is because he wants to win Championships. He may be the fastest rider on the planet, but all the record book shows is that he hasn’t won a title since 2009.
The crazy Stewart fans will rip this article to shreds with Coulda-shoulda-woulda and a bunch of IF's. They also just cancelled their subscription to MXA. Grinning
P
3/31/2014 10:02am
mx317 wrote:
From MXA: For the average motorcycle racer winning is a joyous occasion, but for superstars like James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey and Chad Reed, the...
From MXA:
I hate to tell MXA this, but I don't even remember titles, I remember moments. When RC looped out and charged through the field to almost win the race, Robbie Reynard catching and passing RC at Unadilla, James going from last to first at Budds, James letting Chad Reed by and then passing him for the win..............Johnson and Bailey battling for a win in SX in 1986. That is the kind of stuff that I remember. That is also why guys like Damon Bradshaw, Danny "Magoo" Chander, and Ron Lechien are still remembered. People always talk about the record books, but after a certain time people forget about that stuff, unless they are trying to win a debate. Sure RC won 10 straight outdoor titles, but that's not the stuff that I remember about him or any other great rider. That's just me though.

P

Post a reply to: Very, very rare moment!!!!

The Latest