Valentino Rossi

Mit12
Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 12:52pm
What a race! MX and SX are my favorite but that was a race! Well done to the Doctor.
|
DemoDick
6/27/2015 11:12am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2015 10:00pm
dam motogp made the dude take the vid down. Look at this race from the overhead shot. Rossi had the line and Shithook just tried to ram it in. Rossi will all the way.
6/27/2015 2:21pm
"I was inside, when Rossi saw he made the touch and cut the corner. We'll see what happens now," - @marcmarquez93 after the #RossiVsMarquez

kongols
6/27/2015 2:22pm
If Rossi was to hold his line, they both would go down.

The Shop

gonemoto
6/27/2015 2:42pm
Marc better be careful or Rossi will put a curse on him like he did to Sete.
ChrisB10
6/27/2015 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2015 2:45pm

Crush
6/27/2015 5:01pm
"I was inside, when Rossi saw he made the touch and cut the corner. We'll see what happens now," - @marcmarquez93 after the #RossiVsMarquez

Now that, is some fucking bullshit.
Canerat
6/27/2015 9:39pm
Marc M is a baby....he came in hot on Rossi.

All good with race control. Rossi wins.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
6/27/2015 11:06pm
The 93 came in too hot...sliding and out of control. The only reason he didn't crash is because he hit Rossi. Dude might be a double world champ, but he has a lot of maturing to do as a racer. He's fine when he's clearly the fastest guy, but he makes mistakes and poor decisions when he's not. Guys like Rossi and Lorenzo can win at times when they're not the fastest, and they know when to back off and take 2nd. With the 93 it's checkers or wreckers.
6/28/2015 1:27am

Crush wrote:
yeahhhh how about this one .....

Marquez said: "I studied perfectly the last chicane, how to put the bike in the correct place, but OK I didn't expect he would cut! In the end, what I feel is that we won the race."

mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
6/28/2015 3:23am
Lol, he was lucky he didn't crash this week going for pass, he lost both front and rear on brakes and lucky he hit rossi to hold him up. If you've watched the last couple of races you'll of seen how out of control he is on the brakes going for passes, nearly cleaned lorenzo out other week, just missed him.
Was lucky not take both down, week before that was so lucky not take about 6 out when he appeared to just not brake and went right through middle of about 6 guys and nearly went off track. He's wild, it works when you're on the best bike and out front but when you don't have a advantage it gets sketchy.
6/28/2015 4:02am
Close call, suprised if Rossi could have kept it on track even without Marquez there, the only saving grace for Rossi was that they touched.
Ing
6/28/2015 4:30am
Rossi-the GOAT of MotoGP.
Crush
6/28/2015 5:12am
Close call, suprised if Rossi could have kept it on track even without Marquez there, the only saving grace for Rossi was that they touched.
So a nine time world champ who'd just done 20 something pretty damn perfect laps was gonna miss the corner?

And yet he turned into Marquez who was sliding and running way deep. Watch from above for Vale's line and from the front from the hit and change of angle. He would have been fine!
PastranaWho
6/28/2015 7:18am
Thats was a fun race to watch rossi and marquez gapped lorenzo big time.
6/28/2015 7:50am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2015 7:50am
Young kid on a Honda crying he didn't win. Sounds familiar...
jl0822
6/28/2015 8:56am
I would really like to watch this race, any one have a link? Know where i can find it?
downard254
6/28/2015 9:03am
The last 3 laps I kept scrunching my toes. When it was over I had a huge grin on my face. Awesome race.
roost251
6/28/2015 10:29am
You could see in Rossi's body language after they bumped that it didn't even phase him...

he was in 100% control, like he was saying to himself " ok your gonna bump me off the track... well I am going to stand up the bike, getting pointed straight... pull back on these bars as I gas it and get the front end up through this gravel and still beat you to the line.... "
rolandk
6/28/2015 11:12am
What a great race (and season)! IMO Marquez was a prodigy that completely changed the game and dominated for a couple seasons but the other guys quickly adapted to his style and caught back up. I'm glad he didn't knock Rossi out of the race, maybe he was trying to get a little payback from the Argentina round where they made contact and Marquez got knocked out of the race.
wfo4ever
6/28/2015 11:13am
That was a good Moto GP race between Rossi and Marquez, very exciting at the end, which is very rare these days. Usually they are boring as hell after the the first few laps. Would be so much better to see all the racers going at it for the entire race, but with only 2 Honda's and 2 Yamaha's being competitive, not much racing up front except for those 4 bikes.
JPT
6/28/2015 5:24pm
It was legit. 93 tried to crowd him out and it didn't work.
Crush
6/28/2015 5:40pm

Crush wrote:
yeahhhh how about this one ..... Marquez said: "I studied perfectly the last chicane, how to put the bike in the correct place, but OK I...

Marquez said: "I studied perfectly the last chicane, how to put the bike in the correct place, but OK I didn't expect he would cut! In the end, what I feel is that we won the race."

Was that the press conference? It didn't get broadcast down here, they cut to some fucking bullshit that probably sounded as silly as this statement.
bsharkey
6/28/2015 8:08pm
no way marquez would have been able to slow down without going of the track coming in that hot
6/29/2015 2:13am
Crush wrote:
yeahhhh how about this one ..... Marquez said: "I studied perfectly the last chicane, how to put the bike in the correct place, but OK I...

Crush wrote:
Was that the press conference? It didn't get broadcast down here, they cut to some fucking bullshit that probably sounded as silly as this statement.
Marc Marquez gave a tongue in cheek response when he was asked what he had learnt from Valentino Rossi after the pair slugged it out in a dramatic Dutch MotoGP at Assen.

The duo went head to head throughout the race, which produced an explosive finish when they touched at the final chicane on the last lap as Repsol Honda rider Marquez attempted a pass on the brakes on Rossi's inside.

Yamaha rider Rossi stood his machine upright after the contact was made and powered through the gravel, returning to the track to seal victory over the defending world champion.

In the post-race press conference, Marquez was reminded that he often reveals he has learned a lot from the nine-times world champion.

But asked if there was anything he had learned from Rossi in this particular race, Marquez said: “Some motocross! Only this, nothing more.”

Pressed further on whether or not he felt Rossi had seized the opportunity to ride through the gravel after the contact was made, Marquez said: “No, I don't think anybody wants to find the contact but what I did I think was the perfect lap because I go in [to the chicane] and stopped the bike to be on the correct line, to close later the space for Valentino for the second chicane [exit].

“But ok, I think when we had the contact we were already really in the same position – I was not really back and I think he already saw me.

“But I think I can be proud about this last lap because I gained 0.4 and I did the perfect chicane with what I planned yesterday,” he added.

“What I know is I did the correct [thing]. What I already say, I think I did the perfect last lap, last corner.

“I prepared like this and when I stopped the bike I had the place and then we had the contact and we already know in that chicane it is really tight, so I know that I did the correct.”

Assen was the second time this season that Marquez has come-off second best while battling with Rossi for victory at the end of a race, having fallen after contact with the Italian in Argentina.

The clash between the pair was deemed a racing incident by Race Direction.

Post a reply to: Valentino Rossi

The Latest