Valentin Guillod talks about his British GP win

mccread
5/26/2015 4:24am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2015 8:00am
He wasn't happy with Anstie, but was very happy to beat Herlings in that second moto! Always a pleasure to interview Valentin, super nice guy and always smiling! The under the radar Swiss talent has went to another level in the last two weeks and deserves all the exposure he is getting.

Here is what he had to say about his British GP win: Valentin Guillod Interview
|
Stefan82
5/26/2015 7:41am
We don't really know how Herlings is after that crash in Spain, he was happy with second and his consistency so he's looking at the championship instead of winning GPs staying out of trouble.
5/26/2015 8:05am
I love how he says that Herlings is the best rider in the world!!!

mccread
5/26/2015 9:56am
Stefan82 wrote:
We don't really know how Herlings is after that crash in Spain, he was happy with second and his consistency so he's looking at the championship...
We don't really know how Herlings is after that crash in Spain, he was happy with second and his consistency so he's looking at the championship instead of winning GPs staying out of trouble.
He had a sore back from that crash, but he was still doing everything he could to win that second moto. You have to admire the kid's desire. It was brilliant racing in MX2 all weekend.
MBR
5/26/2015 11:50am
Got some photos of him whipping it over the finish line. Pretty decent Smile

The Shop

h&m_cycle
5/26/2015 11:55am
Some of the doubters need to watch the first moto MX2 @ Matterly, anyone who doesn't like that, needs to watch some other
sport.
RY4N37
5/26/2015 1:06pm
You can't not like Valentin Guillod. He's a great guy, he takes no prisoners on the track and he has an awesome riding style. It's just a shame that he is 23 and doesn't get another chance in MX2 after this year. I hope someone picks him up for an MXGP ride. Or he gets a crack at racing in America, he's a very capable supercross rider and I'm sure the fans will really take to him
ChrisMX767
5/26/2015 1:14pm
Stefan82 wrote:
We don't really know how Herlings is after that crash in Spain, he was happy with second and his consistency so he's looking at the championship...
mccread wrote:
He had a sore back from that crash, but he was still doing everything he could to win that second moto. You have to admire the...
He had a sore back from that crash, but he was still doing everything he could to win that second moto. You have to admire the kid's desire. It was brilliant racing in MX2 all weekend.
Herling's taskes hits! That kid is a beast straight up. I'm finding it hard not to pull for him. He's not even at full strength from the original leg break is he? Any of the GP regular's know if Unadilla is planned or in the cards for him this year? PLease, please, please, say it is. I'd love to see him lay waist to the 250 class, god this place would implode
Robgvx
5/26/2015 1:20pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Some of the doubters need to watch the first moto MX2 @ Matterly, anyone who doesn't like that, needs to watch some other
sport.
Not sure if it came across on TV, but that first moto was awesome. Like something written for a movie.

For most of the race Herlings looked like he was being demolished in third. He had had his nose in there early on but Anstie and Guillod had pulled well away. Herlings looked well beaten and had nothing for the leading two.

Then, in the dying minutes of the race he just put the hammer down, slicing several seconds off his previous lap times. And from nowhere he snuck up on Anstie and Guillod and mugged them. Those two, engaged in a thrilling battle for the race win, never saw Jeffery coming and WHAM! He took both of them in one pass on the penultimate lap and cleared off to take the win. You could see both Guilod and Anstie were stunned.

It was an awesome piece of riding and just one special part of an excellent and thrilling GP.

philG
5/26/2015 1:38pm
I remember Guillod leading a race at the MXoN in Germany, and Dungey not being able to make a pass, and having to explain to an American guy next to me that he wasn't even a GP rider. I think he lead for a couple of laps, and dropped a few places and then tipped off, but he showed he had the speed. At that time he was not considered as good a prospect as maxime Desprey.. And he has been to gp's and is back in emx.

And yes rob, it was a memorable race.
bdownen323
5/26/2015 6:24pm
Anybody have a link to that first MX2 moto? I didn't catch it and heard it was awesome. Would love to see it
Seamorbutts
5/26/2015 11:33pm
He would have won the first moto as well If Anstie wasn't riding like a dipshit.
ChrisMX767
5/27/2015 12:15am
philG wrote:
I remember Guillod leading a race at the MXoN in Germany, and Dungey not being able to make a pass, and having to explain to an...
I remember Guillod leading a race at the MXoN in Germany, and Dungey not being able to make a pass, and having to explain to an American guy next to me that he wasn't even a GP rider. I think he lead for a couple of laps, and dropped a few places and then tipped off, but he showed he had the speed. At that time he was not considered as good a prospect as maxime Desprey.. And he has been to gp's and is back in emx.

And yes rob, it was a memorable race.
How old is Guillod and how many years has he been competing in MX2? Front runner for the title when JH moves up next year (please for the love of God move up Jeffrey!)??? How badass are the works Yamaha's in MX2? Seems to be a straight rocketship here in the States for Star. Yamaha has a pretty sweet platform to built a National bike off of. Curious about the GP counterparts
philG
5/27/2015 1:16am
He would have won the first moto as well If Anstie wasn't riding like a dipshit.
Would you rather Max have waved him by... Jesus Christ, leading a 30 min moto till 3 laps to go,in front of the home crowd, what did he expect. I would have put him on the floor, and so would herlings, max lost the lead trying to protect the inside line so Guillod couldn't ride him out.. That's why it's called racing, cos they raced, not 'we put in solid laps and rode our own race,I'd like to thank the Lord above for keeping me safe' Guillod won the second Moto by fighting back, that's why we get close racing.. Guys don't wimp out of a fight.
RY4N37
5/27/2015 1:23am
ChrisMX767 wrote:
How old is Guillod and how many years has he been competing in MX2? Front runner for the title when JH moves up next year (please...
How old is Guillod and how many years has he been competing in MX2? Front runner for the title when JH moves up next year (please for the love of God move up Jeffrey!)??? How badass are the works Yamaha's in MX2? Seems to be a straight rocketship here in the States for Star. Yamaha has a pretty sweet platform to built a National bike off of. Curious about the GP counterparts
This is Guillods final year in MX2 unfortunately. I hope someone picks him up, either for an MXGP ride, or a ride in the states
tek14
5/27/2015 2:19am
Anstie did ride like he always does.. dirty.
Guillod was riding awesome.. even whipping and scrubbing every lap.. great to watch!
Robgvx
5/27/2015 2:37am
tek14 wrote:
Guillod was riding awesome.. even whipping and scrubbing every lap.. great to watch!
That's not what I saw. What I saw was someone trying their hardest to win.
5/27/2015 2:11pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
sport.
Not to mention the second MX1 moto... Just amazing racing !
Sidecar
5/27/2015 2:26pm
tek14 wrote:
Bit harsh, I'm not Ansties biggest fan but that first moto ride was awesome to watch, he did run Guillod wide a couple of times but nothing any serious racer wouldn't have done..... Have you ever led a local c group non qualifiers race? Now times that by 1000 and add 25,000 people watching you trackside, 20,000 of them screaming at you to win and countless thousands more watching on TV.... Leading for 30 mins and into the last 2 laps...... Just give the lead up would you?
mccread
5/28/2015 7:42am
ChrisMX767 wrote:
How old is Guillod and how many years has he been competing in MX2? Front runner for the title when JH moves up next year (please...
RY4N37 wrote:
This is Guillods final year in MX2 unfortunately. I hope someone picks him up, either for an MXGP ride, or a ride in the states
I heard he may be able to stay with his current team and go 450 with them. In Spain he told me he didn't really want to move up next year but he had no choice.But I think his style should suit a 450, he might be another Febvre on a big bike!
RY4N37
5/28/2015 8:00am
mccread wrote:
I heard he may be able to stay with his current team and go 450 with them. In Spain he told me he didn't really want...
I heard he may be able to stay with his current team and go 450 with them. In Spain he told me he didn't really want to move up next year but he had no choice.But I think his style should suit a 450, he might be another Febvre on a big bike!
Yeah it sucks really that he has to move up. Was pretty late coming into MX2 anyway. Suppose it only adds strength to the MXGP class, it's working okay at the moment but won't be long before it stops working

Post a reply to: Valentin Guillod talks about his British GP win

The Latest