VIDEO | I Demo the Alta Electric Bike

bennytree
I get to Demo the ALTA Red Shift E-Bike. I also get to demo some 2018 KTM and Husqvarna 125cc Bikes. FC 250f and 2018 Suzuki RMZ 450. I just have a little Youtube channel I do Motocross Vlogs. This is #18. Check out my other ones too if you got a sec.
Also, if you want, follow me on Insta @bennytreeutahmotocross

https://youtu.be/ZdCyQjN90Pc

|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
10/8/2017 8:20pm
Super cool you got to test all those bikes! I want to test the new RMZ450, if for nothing else I want to see how that shock works for me. Looks like you need more time riding a 125 though lol
I don't understand keeping you locked to map 1 on the alta. Really isn't fair to that bike. Map 1 is slow as fuck. Good for new riders, but your corner speed should be evidence enough you can handle map 4. If you get to ride one again, just click it up to map 3 and have fun. The arrows scroll the maps up and down.

BTW why did you walk up to a bike and immediately touch the pipe?!?! Not burned yourself enough times yet?
10/8/2017 10:09pm
Too bad they wouldn't let you change out of Map 1. The bike is much more fun in maps 2-4. 4 is pretty crazy.
bennytree
10/9/2017 8:47am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2017 8:48am
colintrax wrote:
Super cool you got to test all those bikes! I want to test the new RMZ450, if for nothing else I want to see how that...
Super cool you got to test all those bikes! I want to test the new RMZ450, if for nothing else I want to see how that shock works for me. Looks like you need more time riding a 125 though lol
I don't understand keeping you locked to map 1 on the alta. Really isn't fair to that bike. Map 1 is slow as fuck. Good for new riders, but your corner speed should be evidence enough you can handle map 4. If you get to ride one again, just click it up to map 3 and have fun. The arrows scroll the maps up and down.

BTW why did you walk up to a bike and immediately touch the pipe?!?! Not burned yourself enough times yet?
They had just got them out of the truck so I knew they were still cold.
Just the fact that it's a 2 stroke and I never ride anything with a pipe like that anymore. FMF Fatty!
Ya, I def. needed to use the clutch more on the 1 2 5
bennytree
10/9/2017 8:49am
Too bad they wouldn't let you change out of Map 1. The bike is much more fun in maps 2-4. 4 is pretty crazy.
Ya they were trying to conserve the battery which I get. But I should have just changed it to 2 or 3 for 1 lap just to try it out then put it back to 1 when taking it back Smile

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/9/2017 9:49am
No offense, but one of the things I can't stand about videos on social media is how they nearly all start with, "What's up guys?" That stuff drives me nuts.
loftyair
10/9/2017 10:09am
I did map 2 on a smaller hard-pack track, any more would be a waste. It was real fast! Of course a high speed soft track would be more of the 3-4, depending on how much time you wanted.
TJMX947
10/9/2017 11:59am
GuyB wrote:
No offense, but one of the things I can't stand about videos on social media is how they nearly all start with, "What's up guys?" That...
No offense, but one of the things I can't stand about videos on social media is how they nearly all start with, "What's up guys?" That stuff drives me nuts.
Agreed. My Stepdaughter worships these so called "youtubers."

"Whats up guys? I just got finished taking a poop and I wanted to give everyone the 411 on how much smoother it came out since I've been eating organic freeze pops. If you haven't tried these they will make your poop super duper smooth. But before we get into that I promised the first 10 people who liked my last video from two hours ago that I would give them a shout-out in my next video."

Shit drives me bonkers!!!
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
10/9/2017 12:39pm
GuyB wrote:
No offense, but one of the things I can't stand about videos on social media is how they nearly all start with, "What's up guys?" That...
"What's up guys, its ya boy _____, yall know who it is"
10/9/2017 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2017 2:28pm
I agree that the suspension is sub par. Being a Japanese bike rider, i haven't had prior experience with the 4CS forks before. I'm not sure if its just the characteristics of that fork or the extra 20lbs of the alta, but the forks felt terrible when i rode it. I was blowing through the stroke landing off tiny 3ft high table tops, and if i flat landed the forks would clank the bump stops metal-to-metal. I would love to try an alta with proper suspension (AER48 would even be better).

Did the one you rode have a little bit of play in the throttle? All 3 of the ones i tested had a sense of free play in the throttle and it actually made me lay the bike over in a corner once. I prefer the throttle to be almost instantly responsive on my bikes, so i make sure they are adjusted on the tight end of the free play range. I don't mean to say the power on the alta lagged, i'm talking about the free play before you even start sending electrons to the motor.
10/10/2017 1:33am
Nice one Benny, I don't care what you say in a video!, just thanks for taking the time to put it up and let people see that Alta who don't even have it in their country!.
bennytree
10/10/2017 7:18am
I agree that the suspension is sub par. Being a Japanese bike rider, i haven't had prior experience with the 4CS forks before. I'm not sure...
I agree that the suspension is sub par. Being a Japanese bike rider, i haven't had prior experience with the 4CS forks before. I'm not sure if its just the characteristics of that fork or the extra 20lbs of the alta, but the forks felt terrible when i rode it. I was blowing through the stroke landing off tiny 3ft high table tops, and if i flat landed the forks would clank the bump stops metal-to-metal. I would love to try an alta with proper suspension (AER48 would even be better).

Did the one you rode have a little bit of play in the throttle? All 3 of the ones i tested had a sense of free play in the throttle and it actually made me lay the bike over in a corner once. I prefer the throttle to be almost instantly responsive on my bikes, so i make sure they are adjusted on the tight end of the free play range. I don't mean to say the power on the alta lagged, i'm talking about the free play before you even start sending electrons to the motor.
I didn't notice any play in my throttle but if I hop on a buddies bike and there is play I always have to fix it!
bennytree
10/10/2017 7:19am
#76 wrote:
Nice one Benny, I don't care what you say in a video!, just thanks for taking the time to put it up and let people see...
Nice one Benny, I don't care what you say in a video!, just thanks for taking the time to put it up and let people see that Alta who don't even have it in their country!.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
By the way "whats up guys" . Smile
tempura
10/10/2017 7:21am
What about the video's that always start with "HEY! This is (enter name)"
F.B
10/11/2017 1:23pm
"Alright huuuuuuuuhhhhh"..."huuuuuuuuhhhhh"

"HHHEYTHISismichaellindsayfromVITALMX!we'rehereatBLAHBLAHBLAH"
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th