VIDEO: Chad Reed - The Journey

elmo
12/20/2013 7:58am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2013 4:31pm
Hey guys,

I know a lot of people are curious to see CR22 on the green bike. Here's the first look with him on green up at Castillo. We filmed this piece a few weeks ago, and I hope all enjoy!

http://youtu.be/cEBr8vzsCTI
|
JM485
12/20/2013 8:03am
That was awesome, he looks pretty good so far!
mxjef
12/20/2013 12:16pm
Good stuff! ....Hope he has a good year!
BigMX
12/20/2013 12:29pm
Does anyone know what forks he is using? They look like the Showa Triple air in this video.

The Shop

aidas512
12/20/2013 12:30pm
elmo wrote:
Hey guys, I know a lot of people are curious to see CR22 on the green bike. Here's the first look with him on green up...
Hey guys,

I know a lot of people are curious to see CR22 on the green bike. Here's the first look with him on green up at Castillo. We filmed this piece a few weeks ago, and I hope all enjoy!

http://youtu.be/cEBr8vzsCTI
Chad always has the best looking bike, and cleanest setup!
rosebud441
12/20/2013 2:26pm
Yes, that was a commercial for Chad Reed, But after seeing it, i am sold and gonna go buy a bunch of Chad..

Back to real life, i thought it was weird..
jevyguy
12/20/2013 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2013 4:18pm
That gear with the discount tire logo on the whole front of the jersey is super ugly!
Kinda looked like I discount tire commercial to me ;-)
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
12/20/2013 4:32pm
jevyguy wrote:
That gear with the discount tire logo on the whole front of the jersey is super ugly! Kinda looked like I discount tire commercial to me...
That gear with the discount tire logo on the whole front of the jersey is super ugly!
Kinda looked like I discount tire commercial to me ;-)
Good point, what was Chad thinking, advertising the company that is throwing probably millions of dollars into his racing effort like that. Dry
Spartacus
12/20/2013 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2013 5:08am
Best he's looked in years, super smooth and very fast.

Disclaimer: The above is the standard Vital reply given after watching a short vid of someone riding alone on a prepared track throwing some sik whips. But they somehow amazingly are able to ascertain the shear utter dominance that rider will attain in the upcoming season by said clip. [JS7 fans have somehow raised this analysis to an art form.
Camp332
12/20/2013 6:46pm
Nice job on the video Bro. Reed lookin fresh to death yo
dirtnapper
12/20/2013 8:25pm
Spartacus wrote:
Best he's looked in years, super smooth and very fast. [i]Disclaimer: The above is the standard Vital reply given after watching a short vid of someone...
Best he's looked in years, super smooth and very fast.

Disclaimer: The above is the standard Vital reply given after watching a short vid of someone riding alone on a prepared track throwing some sik whips. But they somehow amazingly are able to ascertain the shear utter dominance that rider will attain in the upcoming season by said clip. [JS7 fans have somehow raised this analysis to an art form.
Laughing

But really, cool vid, and the sound track was kickass!!
willie838
12/20/2013 9:11pm
looks sharp, dude totally changed my opinion on him over the last couple of seasons....not that he'd care.

didn't care for him for a long time as a js7 fan but setting out on his own team and just gutting it out, the crushing defeat in the nationals after that massive yard sale at millville.

The biggest thing was just sticking it out last season when it was clear he was not comfortable/confident in his setup/self but refused to pack it in and call it a year. He also refused to let that be his last stamp on the sport- went back to the drawing board with a new bike and seems committed to make 1 last real charge for it. Awesome spirit and determination.
jeffro503
12/20/2013 10:37pm
I know Chad lurks here.........and Chad if you read this.....Good luck this coming season. Stay fit and healthy and have fun! You don't need the money so just go out there and do what you KNOW how to do. That's what it's all about anyways right?

Again....good luck man!
Xsenter
12/20/2013 11:49pm
To me he looks to have the exact same stiff riding style like he had 2013.

Dosen't look like the Reed of the past. Don't think he will do much better in 2014.

Age has come up on him. Top 5 ? ...maybe some races, probably mostly around 5-10th positions
andyman
12/21/2013 2:30am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2013 2:51am
This year is way different than the 2013. Chad has had time to prepare himself and his setup much better this time. 2013 preparation time was too short with new bike and recovery from injury. The pace wasnt good enough, but when i watched first five races from 2013 SX few weeks back i was kinda surprised that he was so close to podium in those races. Rest of the year was so bad that people dont remember that start of the SX wasnt that bad at all if you think how unhappy he was on the bike.

In SX you need speed, good starts and you have to be smart in races. I think Chad still has those things in hes bag of tricks and thats why i think hes gona do good this year even if the field is stacked.
swtwtwtw
12/21/2013 5:55am
no goggle sponsor for Reed?? I noticed there were no logos. Nice video, I hope he has the speed for the competition this year.
davistld01
12/21/2013 6:51am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2013 6:51am
I agree the Discount Tire iron-on logo on the jersey, and the stickers on the fenders of the bike that look like Tate applied them (maybe he did!) looks super ugly & amatuerish. I hope he'll have some better graphics and gear prints before A1.

Good vid though. I wish Chad the best this year.
Ozzy
12/22/2013 9:06am
Today's FINALLY a chill day for me.
It's great to get on here and see there's still the lovers & haters.
Keeps my feet warm, haha..........
Which ever way you chose to go, a fan, a hater, whatever, consider this:

Which ever way you are, male or female, ponder this.
The next time your brushing your teeth, look in your mirror and ask yourself what you do?
Ask yourself what you do in life to qualify the thoughts and opinions you have.
Everyone has opinions, but if you dig deep, you'll realize that most are based on hear say and zero knowledge of a given subject or direction.
ALL our professionals deserve RESPECT 1st, until you personally know otherwise.
Even for me, and I'm full of it plenty, I RESPECT ALL who chose to line up, even the 1's I don't care for, I RESPECT them ALL.
Why?
Because they're living the life and doing something with theirs that's extremely risky and dangerous each and every time
they get out there.
Happy Holidays.

And if your in need of NEW rubber, etc.....Go to America's Tire or Discount Tire.
I personally guarantee you'll be happy you did!!! Smile
jeffro503
12/22/2013 9:57am
Ozzy wrote:
Today's FINALLY a chill day for me. It's great to get on here and see there's still the lovers & haters. Keeps my feet warm, haha...
Today's FINALLY a chill day for me.
It's great to get on here and see there's still the lovers & haters.
Keeps my feet warm, haha..........
Which ever way you chose to go, a fan, a hater, whatever, consider this:

Which ever way you are, male or female, ponder this.
The next time your brushing your teeth, look in your mirror and ask yourself what you do?
Ask yourself what you do in life to qualify the thoughts and opinions you have.
Everyone has opinions, but if you dig deep, you'll realize that most are based on hear say and zero knowledge of a given subject or direction.
ALL our professionals deserve RESPECT 1st, until you personally know otherwise.
Even for me, and I'm full of it plenty, I RESPECT ALL who chose to line up, even the 1's I don't care for, I RESPECT them ALL.
Why?
Because they're living the life and doing something with theirs that's extremely risky and dangerous each and every time
they get out there.
Happy Holidays.

And if your in need of NEW rubber, etc.....Go to America's Tire or Discount Tire.
I personally guarantee you'll be happy you did!!! Smile
Great response Ozzy! Hope you , Chad and the entire team have a great holiday......and I wish you guys luck at A1 and the rest of the season.
DonM
12/22/2013 11:20am
davistld01 wrote:
I agree the Discount Tire iron-on logo on the jersey, and the stickers on the fenders of the bike that look like Tate applied them (maybe...
I agree the Discount Tire iron-on logo on the jersey, and the stickers on the fenders of the bike that look like Tate applied them (maybe he did!) looks super ugly & amatuerish. I hope he'll have some better graphics and gear prints before A1.

Good vid though. I wish Chad the best this year.
Ummm that's their logo...it looks exactly the way it's supposed to....way to many professional opinions on here...
ocscottie
12/22/2013 11:40am
DonM wrote:
Ummm that's their logo...it looks exactly the way it's supposed to....way to many professional opinions on here...
Eggszackary.

..and it doesnt look like and iron on to me. Also, did anyone complaining about it looking like a commercial happen to see who posted the video? Thats right, Discount Tire.

DonM
12/22/2013 11:53am
DonM wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Eggszackary. ..and it doesnt look like and iron on to me. Also, did anyone complaining about it looking like a commercial happen to see who posted...
Eggszackary.

..and it doesnt look like and iron on to me. Also, did anyone complaining about it looking like a commercial happen to see who posted the video? Thats right, Discount Tire.

The biggest complaint that sponsors have in this sport is that their logo's aren't as visible as they would like them to be...looks to me that Chad and Discount Tire have come up with something that works pretty good...I would suggest that if a few of these moran's have any thoughts of having a future in design and/or marketing...they should look into something else that fits their skills better....McDonalds is always hiring!
Ditch
12/22/2013 2:45pm
DonM wrote:
The biggest complaint that sponsors have in this sport is that their logo's aren't as visible as they would like them to be...looks to me that...
The biggest complaint that sponsors have in this sport is that their logo's aren't as visible as they would like them to be...looks to me that Chad and Discount Tire have come up with something that works pretty good...I would suggest that if a few of these moran's have any thoughts of having a future in design and/or marketing...they should look into something else that fits their skills better....McDonalds is always hiring!
Just spoke to my friend Calvin and Wack Arnold's is always looking for reliable help as well
bents
Fantasy
694th
12/22/2013 4:31pm
Go Chad. Fuckin A bub. Can't wait to see you kill it in 2014.

Post a reply to: VIDEO: Chad Reed - The Journey

The Latest