VF mechanic and The Push

ledger
Watching the replay of VFs 'mechanic clearly shows that he pushed Anderson, resulting in Andos fall, which IMO appeared more dangerous than the helmet swat. Why no DQ, fine or penalty for him or the team ? I do recall a hefty fine to an entire team after a laser incident in MX that I would classify as a.... distraction. The punishment should be shared.
|
newmann
1/22/2017 6:46pm
Anderson was "assaulting" Friese, some would say. Self defense is self defense. I'm no VF fan by the way.
NATEP231
1/22/2017 6:48pm
Anyone else notice the KTM junior challenge riders all in the tunnel?
fox1nz
1/22/2017 6:49pm
Friese is just riding well, Who the fuck is Anderson to pipe out about dirty passes and as Newmann said, Self Defense.
MotoX85
1/22/2017 6:51pm
Trying to stop a guy from assaulting your rider is a little different than slapping him up side the head. Anderson was guilty. And I can't stand Friese bitch ass. But that's what happened.

Anderson is smarter than this and at his level of riding, there are 1000 other ways for him to get Friese back.

Now if they show that slap on every commercial 100 times a night, than that is total bullshit. Just like they did with Peick, if he's DQed then don't use that footage to support your race series like WWE.

The Shop

1/22/2017 6:52pm
newmann wrote:
Anderson was "assaulting" Friese, some would say. Self defense is self defense. I'm no VF fan by the way.
Except he didn't slap the mechanic. So it wasn't self defense.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
1/22/2017 6:53pm
ledger wrote:
Watching the replay of VFs 'mechanic clearly shows that he pushed Anderson, resulting in Andos fall, which IMO appeared more dangerous than the helmet swat. Why...
Watching the replay of VFs 'mechanic clearly shows that he pushed Anderson, resulting in Andos fall, which IMO appeared more dangerous than the helmet swat. Why no DQ, fine or penalty for him or the team ? I do recall a hefty fine to an entire team after a laser incident in MX that I would classify as a.... distraction. The punishment should be shared.
Anderson had already slapped around Vince before this incident (matthes reported this is the reason for the DQ, and it was before the tunnel) , it looked the mechanic was trying to keep Anderson away, first with the pitboard, then pushing him away as Anderson tried to slap VInce again,

Vince did nothing wrong, he did not engage Anderson, and the pass on the track was no worse than the one anderson did the corner before, Anderson just though everyone would give way to him,

Anderson lost his cool, and paid the price, I hope the AMA/FIM keep up these penalties,
305FC250
1/22/2017 6:54pm
I think "self-defense" needs to be used extremely loosely here.... Self defense from a little head push? Please...
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1305th
1/22/2017 6:57pm
newmann wrote:
If Friese crashes his mechanic goes down with him. Anderson was putting both at risk when attacking him aswell as anyone in the area.
ledger
NATEP231 wrote:
Anyone else notice the KTM junior challenge riders all in the tunnel?
That's exactly why I said it was more dangerous, due to the little guy's standing by, thankfully there was no whiskey throttle and the bike just laid over. Could have been very nasty.
gt80rider
Anderson had snapped, but how do we know if that wasn't brought on with words exchanged between VF and or his mechanic? We didn't see the whole thing... Mayb Ando took things up a notch after words were exchanged? We weren't there, they didn't televise all of it. We can't assume that Ando was in full retard mode only by what happened on the track...
newmann
1/22/2017 7:01pm
newmann wrote:
Mechanic was riding on the back of the bike with "his" rider. Someone pulls up alongside and attempts to take out the rider, yep self defense. I'm just calling it like I see it. I'd love to see Anderson and Friese in the octagon to settle it. I'll throw down my napkin to signal the start of the fight. Laughing
1/22/2017 7:01pm
ledger wrote:
Watching the replay of VFs 'mechanic clearly shows that he pushed Anderson, resulting in Andos fall, which IMO appeared more dangerous than the helmet swat. Why...
scott_nz wrote:
Anderson had already slapped around Vince before this incident (matthes reported this is the reason for the DQ, and it was before the tunnel) , it...
Anderson had already slapped around Vince before this incident (matthes reported this is the reason for the DQ, and it was before the tunnel) , it looked the mechanic was trying to keep Anderson away, first with the pitboard, then pushing him away as Anderson tried to slap VInce again,

Vince did nothing wrong, he did not engage Anderson, and the pass on the track was no worse than the one anderson did the corner before, Anderson just though everyone would give way to him,

Anderson lost his cool, and paid the price, I hope the AMA/FIM keep up these penalties,
That was malcom with the pass on VF i believe. Anderson didnt tough him in the corner before
ledger
1/22/2017 7:03pm
newmann wrote:
I looked at it as Anderson giving VF his autograph. Lol.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/22/2017 7:23pm
Bikes should have to be pushed so they can't hurt the bystanders....
JRT812
1/22/2017 7:26pm
Thought there was a picture of the mechanic pushing Anderson before Anderson pushed Friese.
1/22/2017 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2017 7:33pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
If Friese crashes his mechanic goes down with him. Anderson was putting both at risk when attacking him aswell as anyone in the area.
Did you see that poor women's face who was against the fence when Anderson almost fell into her after being pushed down by that mechanic...? If not, watch the vid again.
Pure and utter terror...She was clearly traumatized...Barring a miracle, she is likely severely emotionally scared and will never be quite the same person she could have been before having to endure this senseless and reckless outburst of violence.

Then again, what Anderson did was obviously egregious enough to warrant that mechanic pushing him in the direction of innocent bystanders as Anderson tried to ride away. Self defense is self defense, right? Clearly, that mechanic believes women and kids (the little KTM guys right there in the tunnel) are acceptable collateral damage...and who's to argue with his logic in this circumstance?

Whistling

Isn't Friese the common denominator here? Huh
1/22/2017 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2017 7:34pm
ledger wrote:
mechanics move was not offensive; it was defensive.

anderson is the aggressor here. it was the right call. kudos to gallagher for not piling on friese.

this is bad decision #2 for ando; #1 being rolling the finish at MDN. these kids could learn something from humble dungey.
BAMX
1/22/2017 7:41pm
newmann wrote:
and ....Friese could had just ridden off. Pushing a guy down onto concrete or into a metal fence (not sure of his intention) is more dangerous than slapping a guy in the helmet
Moto810
1/22/2017 7:46pm
If your riding on the back of a motorcycle and the driver is being hit in the head by another person it would be considered self defense for the passenger to push the person to prevent the assault because the assault on the driver clearly could result in a wreck hurting or even killing the driver, passenger, or other persons if a wreck was to have taken place.
Jspazz
1/22/2017 7:55pm
BAMX wrote:
and ....Friese could had just ridden off. Pushing a guy down onto concrete or into a metal fence (not sure of his intention) is more dangerous...
and ....Friese could had just ridden off. Pushing a guy down onto concrete or into a metal fence (not sure of his intention) is more dangerous than slapping a guy in the helmet
What a dumb comment. Anderson is riding up and swinging for a punch. Whatever happens after that has nothing to do with the mechanic pushing him away.
Katoomey
1/22/2017 7:55pm
Did you see that poor women's face who was against the fence when Anderson almost fell into her after being pushed down by that mechanic...? If...
Did you see that poor women's face who was against the fence when Anderson almost fell into her after being pushed down by that mechanic...? If not, watch the vid again.
Pure and utter terror...She was clearly traumatized...Barring a miracle, she is likely severely emotionally scared and will never be quite the same person she could have been before having to endure this senseless and reckless outburst of violence.

Then again, what Anderson did was obviously egregious enough to warrant that mechanic pushing him in the direction of innocent bystanders as Anderson tried to ride away. Self defense is self defense, right? Clearly, that mechanic believes women and kids (the little KTM guys right there in the tunnel) are acceptable collateral damage...and who's to argue with his logic in this circumstance?

Whistling

Isn't Friese the common denominator here? Huh
that is the most semantic, rhetorical thing, i've ever read. nothing short of pure dickheadedness...

you'd be a good attorney, especially if you only had to face jurors that we're comprised entirely mentally retarded 7-year olds.
1/22/2017 7:56pm
The sport really needs to be cleaned up. Can we get rid of those loud ,oily bikes and all of that dirt laying around ? More sanitization is necessary.
BAMX
1/22/2017 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2017 9:07pm
BAMX wrote:
and ....Friese could had just ridden off. Pushing a guy down onto concrete or into a metal fence (not sure of his intention) is more dangerous...
Jspazz wrote:
What a dumb comment. Anderson is riding up and swinging for a punch. Whatever happens after that has nothing to do with the mechanic pushing him...
What a dumb comment. Anderson is riding up and swinging for a punch. Whatever happens after that has nothing to do with the mechanic pushing him away.
Actually, Jason is riding alongside him yelling and pointing at him and the mechanic starts shoving him with his hand and the pit board 28 sec in the below video. Also, the mechanics arm moves to push Jason down before Jason even moves his arm to hit Vince sec 32 in the video . It is close but he does move first. The physical contact is started by Jason mechanic. At least what we can see from the available video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT6pkahkmlk
1/22/2017 8:36pm
newmann wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:
Attacking him? Laughing
305FC250
1/22/2017 8:45pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
Attacking him? Laughing
I'm still not understanding the use of these terms like "attacking", "assaulting", "self defense", ect. in this situation lol. Are you guys really that thin skinned? He moderately pushed Friese's helmet encased head, didn't even sway the bike that had a passenger on it to boot. You guys sound like petty whiney children trying to make a case for "assault" lol.
mx836
1/22/2017 8:49pm
305FC250 wrote:
I'm still not understanding the use of these terms like "attacking", "assaulting", "self defense", ect. in this situation lol. Are you guys really that thin skinned...
I'm still not understanding the use of these terms like "attacking", "assaulting", "self defense", ect. in this situation lol. Are you guys really that thin skinned? He moderately pushed Friese's helmet encased head, didn't even sway the bike that had a passenger on it to boot. You guys sound like petty whiney children trying to make a case for "assault" lol.
They are simply stating for penalty purposes that Vince should not be held responsible, because Anderson was the aggressor, attacker, assaulter, whatever you want to call him. They are correct. Nobody is trying to "make a case".
Jspazz
1/22/2017 8:54pm
305FC250 wrote:
I'm still not understanding the use of these terms like "attacking", "assaulting", "self defense", ect. in this situation lol. Are you guys really that thin skinned...
Here's some help

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/assault

--------------

Elements

Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.
The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat. A mere threat to harm is not an assault; however, a threat combined with a raised fist might be sufficient if it causes a reasonable apprehension of harm in the victim.Intent is an essential element of assault. In tort law, it can be specific intent—if the assailant intends to cause the apprehension of harmful or offensive contact in the victim—or general intent—if he or she intends to do the act that causes such apprehension. In addition, the intent element is satisfied if it is substantially certain, to a reasonable person, that the act will cause the result. A defendant who holds a gun to a victim's head possesses the requisite intent, since it is substantially certain that this act will produce an apprehension in the victim. In all cases, intent to kill or harm is irrelevant.

--------

Anyhow, it doesn't matter what Anderson's intent was, the instigation event is what is always ruled on to avoid escalation, and the person not retaliating and escalating is protected by the AMA saying they will penalize the aggressor. Like I said in another thread, Reed vs Canard, they DQ'd Reed instantly and justified it with that EXACT reason.
newmann
1/22/2017 8:57pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
Attacking him? Laughing
305FC250 wrote:
Nope, not thin skinned but you must be living under a rock if you haven't noticed how many people are.
Sully22
1/22/2017 9:03pm
BAMX wrote:
Actually, Jason is riding alongside him yelling and pointing at him and the mechanic starts shoving him with his hand and the pit board 28 sec...
Actually, Jason is riding alongside him yelling and pointing at him and the mechanic starts shoving him with his hand and the pit board 28 sec in the below video. Also, the mechanics arm moves to push Jason down before Jason even moves his arm to hit Vince sec 32 in the video . It is close but he does move first. The physical contact is started by Jason mechanic. At least what we can see from the available video.

I clicked the link to watch, but it takes me to the 450 main event
BAMX
1/22/2017 9:08pm
BAMX wrote:
Actually, Jason is riding alongside him yelling and pointing at him and the mechanic starts shoving him with his hand and the pit board 28 sec...

Sully22 wrote:
I clicked the link to watch, but it takes me to the 450 main event
fixed. I'm not sure what happened

Post a reply to: VF mechanic and The Push

The Latest