Utah National at Miller Motosports Park - 1st REAL look at it....

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 6/30/2013 3:42pm
This just came today, first vid i have seen with riders on the track, go take a look...

Watch: Miller Motorsports Park Launches MX Teaser Video‏

The Inaugural Built Ford Tough Utah National will hold Round 11 of the 2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. Superstar Chad Reed and local Rider Landen Powell hit the track to give fans a preview...

|
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
6/27/2013 4:48pm
Looks like some big jumps, hopefully they have a good crowd and good weather.

I guess they could not fit a water truck into the budget?
ocscottie
6/27/2013 5:03pm
The snowcapped mountains sure will give the photo guys a beautiful backdrop for some awesome shots!

I also wondered why they didnt lay a little water down if they were making a press vid like this? Blink
ocscottie
6/27/2013 5:05pm
Looks like a nice SX track , can't wait till they finish the stadium.
HAR! thats agood one bro...well played Laughing

The Shop

mag23
6/27/2013 5:17pm
"A" for effort... track looks cool. Damn, I sure am gonna miss Southwick, though... No offense to anybody, but the more Lake Elsinores and Miller Motorsport Parks I see, the more I appreciate Unadilla.
bobby397
6/27/2013 5:27pm
Rather California get another national than see riders race on that track and I'm usually against Cali getting another sx or national.
ocscottie
6/27/2013 5:28pm
mag23 wrote:
"A" for effort... track looks cool. Damn, I sure am gonna miss Southwick, though... No offense to anybody, but the more Lake Elsinores and Miller Motorsport...
"A" for effort... track looks cool. Damn, I sure am gonna miss Southwick, though... No offense to anybody, but the more Lake Elsinores and Miller Motorsport Parks I see, the more I appreciate Unadilla.
What about....REDDDD BUUDDDD!!!! I love that place!

...also love Millville.
6/27/2013 5:38pm
Track looks like a lot of fun, and even more fun for those with the ability to clear everything every lap.

It's getting harder to accept that the "old school version" of what an outdoor motocross track and venue were are being replaced by this type of track.

Maybe Reed's opportunity of getting to put some laps in there will give him a boost towards getting better results.
Tbteam
6/27/2013 6:00pm
Contrary to popular belief, this track was built on completely natural terrain.

Unfortunately, the track builders then moved it here, to Earth.
jathey
6/27/2013 6:04pm
Further exemplfies that as track designers, God and Nature have no equals.

I do understand the concept behind the idea and I'll always root for the Nationals, so I hope it turns out to be a good event.

Peters did mention that the top coat had yet to be applied, so I'm sure the finished track wont be that gravely, dusty-looking crap in the video. At least I hope not.
jathey
6/27/2013 6:14pm
Tbteam wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, this track was built on completely natural terrain.

Unfortunately, the track builders then moved it here, to Earth.
TeamGreen
6/27/2013 6:30pm
That video is awesome with the dust-roost.

The Track looks like it's a blast to ride.

Sometimes I don't know if most you guys are even capable of enjoying Anything-Moto...at all.
NeKawBoy
6/27/2013 6:40pm
While the natural terrain of Unadilla, Millville and Red Bud are impossible to duplicate I think this is a huge opportunity to expose new people to the sport of moto-x. While the moto-x community is in a constant battle over land use issues there are numerous road courses dotting the country side that could see a track like this as a viable, additional revenue source. With sustained success there will be a great possibility for new places for all of us to ride and enjoy. Many of these facilities already have lighting in place as well.
How many new people would be exposed to the industry if a facility like this held a double-header weekend with a Nationwide or even a Nascar race?
Pick it apart all you want but I hope this is the most commercially successful national in the series so local promoters have some ammo to approach facilities like this around the country.
Motodave15
6/27/2013 6:57pm
TeamGreen wrote:
That video is awesome with the dust-roost. The Track looks like it's a blast to ride. Sometimes I don't know if most you guys are even...

Sometimes I don't know if most you guys are even capable of enjoying Anything-Moto...at all.
I think everybody enjoyed the video, but they are right. its a sx track on steroids.

I mean even a bat with eco-location can see the damn difference, if you can't i feel bad for you son because i got 99 nationals and this ain't one.
jathey
6/27/2013 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2013 7:21pm
TeamGreen wrote:
That video is awesome with the dust-roost. The Track looks like it's a blast to ride. Sometimes I don't know if most you guys are even...

Utah is a very OHV-friendly state (remember the videos of former Governor John Huntsman trail riding?) - and ultimately a very good choice for an event like this. As I said, I will always root for the Nationals to be successful, wherever they're held.

The dust roost is cool, but for some reason, I just had a hard time imagining a full gate of riders out there. As Marc Peters said the top coats not on yet, so I'm sure they'll bring in some good stuff for the race.

I believe that the Nationals are in more than capable hands and I trust the powers that be to try some new ideas. Again, I hope the event is a success
JTynes
6/27/2013 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2013 10:15pm
Looks just like Elsinore. I can't believe we're losing tracks like Southwick and replacing them with this.
TeamGreen
6/27/2013 7:17pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Motodave15 wrote:
I think everybody enjoyed the video, but they are right. its a sx track on steroids. I mean even a bat with eco-location can see the...
I think everybody enjoyed the video, but they are right. its a sx track on steroids.

I mean even a bat with eco-location can see the damn difference, if you can't i feel bad for you son because i got 99 nationals and this ain't one.
From my 1st National in the 70's when Factory Honda had 23" front-wheels to the multiple events I hit Every-Year as part of being a Moto-Nerd...

I love all of it & I know a Fun Track when I see it.

Furthermore, some of us actually like "New Things" & watching this Sport...IMPROVE.

Another thing, don't feel bad for me: I'm gonna ride that place!
Motodave15
6/27/2013 7:21pm
TeamGreen wrote:
From my 1st National in the 70's when Factory Honda had 23" front-wheels to the multiple events I hit Every-Year as part of being a Moto-Nerd...

I love all of it & I know a Fun Track when I see it.

Furthermore, some of us actually like "New Things" & watching this Sport...IMPROVE.

Another thing, don't feel bad for me: I'm gonna ride that place!
wait a sec, this track is going to be open to the public? if soo this track is great hahah
tp4
6/27/2013 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2013 7:30pm
b.. for the effort
d..umb ..for wasting a ton of $$
f = failure on outdoor motocross national track..one lined dust bowl- junk
Spartacus
6/27/2013 7:32pm
"Furthermore, some of us actually like "New Things" & watching this Sport...IMPROVE."!

I would wager most people that have been involved in MOTOCROSS for more than 5 years wouldn't call that "motocross track" an "improvement".

Big SX yes, MX no.

Grow the sport.........

If a fat middle age guy that use to play the game in high school can't still participate in the back yard, it'll never be main stream in the U god damm S of A.
TeamGreen
6/27/2013 7:35pm
Damn.

Some of you guys REALLY need to get laid.
dboivin
6/27/2013 8:57pm
how about they just put red bud in the schedule twice....paybacks for 3 Anaheims and RED BUD is the king of motocross tracks.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
6/27/2013 9:37pm
Looks like real life excite bike. How MX sports lets this pass off as a "motocross" track is beyond me. This looks like something they are shooting for when designing the track for the MEC.
Deek22
6/27/2013 9:57pm
Laguna Seca, Sears Point here we come.

Post a reply to: Utah National at Miller Motosports Park - 1st REAL look at it....

The Latest