Utah Hare and Hound Helmet Cam

Titan1
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 4:28pm
Here is some helmet cam footage from a Hare and Hound I raced on Saturday. Super fun course, with plenty of rain so it wasn't all that dusty, temps in the high 50's...it was a great day to be twisting the throttle. Racing and riding dirt bikes is just so much fun!!!

Part 1:
https://youtu.be/eHX-dDX1Gkg

Part 2
https://youtu.be/tO18WLhd0ZA
|
motosmith
5/19/2015 3:54pm
Looks fun.

Blazing across the open desert is sketchy though. I would be worried about a pot hole or rock sending me over the bars.
G-man
5/19/2015 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2015 8:56pm
that was pretty cool Smile

dang I could not imagine what it would have been like without the rain the first part looked slightly dusty.

did I see you pull a tear off on the helmet cam?

I have some go pro videos I need to load up on youtube, never done this process can you give me some basic pointers?

Thanks for posting.
KGAspeed
5/19/2015 7:02pm
Nice Flexx Handlebars - some good dudes here in Utah.

I like the tech section they threw in toward the end of the second vid. There are some fun areas in Cherry Creek.

The Shop

jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
5/19/2015 7:08pm
Way to fast for me! You are a fast rider!
Titan1
5/20/2015 9:10am
G-man wrote:
that was pretty cool :) dang I could not imagine what it would have been like without the rain the first part looked slightly dusty. did...
that was pretty cool Smile

dang I could not imagine what it would have been like without the rain the first part looked slightly dusty.

did I see you pull a tear off on the helmet cam?

I have some go pro videos I need to load up on youtube, never done this process can you give me some basic pointers?

Thanks for posting.
Check out some of my other videos (on my youtubechannel) if you want to see what its like to race in dust. It gets pretty hairy, but its all part of the fun, and is just another obstacle (tree, rock, whoop, bush, and dust).

As you can see from these videos, I don't do much in terms of editing...I just import the files into Windows Movie Maker...edit out the parts that I don't want...and then there is a "you tube" button that will publish them to YouTube right from there. Its super easy.

You can get all fancy and add music, and slow motion and other things...but that's all above my skill level.
moto0852
5/20/2015 10:04am
Titan, what class are you racing in?
Titan1
5/20/2015 11:53am
KGAspeed wrote:
Nice Flexx Handlebars - some good dudes here in Utah. I like the tech section they threw in toward the end of the second vid. There...
Nice Flexx Handlebars - some good dudes here in Utah.

I like the tech section they threw in toward the end of the second vid. There are some fun areas in Cherry Creek.
I love these handlebars!

Cherry Creek is always a blast...add some water to the dirt and it gets even better!

The 2nd loop was 45 miles in the tight single track in the trees! (basically the exact opposite of the 45 mile 1st loop) So much fun to ride and the dirt looked like chocolate cake!

I rode by myself for all but the first 5 miles and the last 10 or 15 miles of the 2nd loop...so I didn't put up any footage of that loop since I figured its no fun to watch someone ride by themselves. Passing and battling is what makes helmet cams fun to watch (in my opinion at least).
Titan1
5/20/2015 11:53am
moto0852 wrote:
I'm racing 30+ Expert (Vet A at the Nationals).

Do you ever get out to any USRA desert races?
peelout
5/20/2015 12:57pm
awesome man, i didn't know about the race but i would have loved to go down and throw my hat into the 30+ Ex class. i'll get out and get my feet wet again one of these days.

thanks for posting the vids. nothing like cherry creek after rain, or even snow for that matter. love the mountain areas and mountain loops.
moto0852
5/20/2015 4:26pm
moto0852 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
I'm racing 30+ Expert (Vet A at the Nationals).

Do you ever get out to any USRA desert races?
You know I've been doing some WORCS stuff which I really like but they involve too much travel. Also... I hate dust Smile but that race looked fun. I'll have to do some this year.
Titan1
5/20/2015 4:28pm
peelout wrote:
awesome man, i didn't know about the race but i would have loved to go down and throw my hat into the 30+ Ex class. i'll...
awesome man, i didn't know about the race but i would have loved to go down and throw my hat into the 30+ Ex class. i'll get out and get my feet wet again one of these days.

thanks for posting the vids. nothing like cherry creek after rain, or even snow for that matter. love the mountain areas and mountain loops.
You should come out! This wet spring has made for some great conditions (minimal dust and low temps). But you have to race open Expert...I don't need anymore guys faster than me in 30+ Expert. lol (Fortunately for me, I'll be racing 35+ Expert next year...and will be one of the younger guys in the class...where this year I'm one of the oldest).

Post a reply to: Utah Hare and Hound Helmet Cam

The Latest