Update on Stew yet?

fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
Edited Date/Time 11/17/2015 9:16am
Haven't seen anything. Fingers crossed it's not serious.

Did James and Malcolm crash on the same jump? Quite the tuck & roll on Malcolm.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/CRASH-2015-Bercy-Lille-Supercross-…
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
11/16/2015 12:42am
None yet.
aeffertz
11/16/2015 1:29am
Malcolm said somewhere that it's nothing serious.
andyman
11/16/2015 2:54am
Did mookie speak about his brother or the guy he t-boned?
flatout111
11/16/2015 3:16am
He was talking about Ferrandis for a bit then starting talking about James for a while and that's when he said I'm glad he's okay, nothing serious. From the way he said it I THINK he was talking about Stew. But just not sure.

The Shop

Xavier
11/16/2015 5:22am
James got on a plane home-bound this morning with no shoe on his swollen foot.

He'll most likely get X-rays & full exam there (he didn't in France).
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
11/16/2015 8:26am
Xavier wrote:
James got on a plane home-bound this morning with no shoe on his swollen foot. He'll most likely get X-rays & full exam there (he didn't...

Thanks for the update!
11/16/2015 9:58am Edited Date/Time 11/16/2015 9:59am
I get the feeling we could see another tsunami of pissed off Aussie fans again soon. A crash resulting in injury is a bit more understandable I guess, still praying he can race though.
flatout111
11/16/2015 3:27pm
Been awful quiet. :\ I pray it's nothing serious and he'll be good to go come A1.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/16/2015 4:21pm
flatout111 wrote:
Been awful quiet. :\ I pray it's nothing serious and he'll be good to go come A1.
The Stewart camp is never very forthcoming. Us peons are on a need to know basis.
40Plus_922mx
11/16/2015 4:39pm
I get the feeling we could see another tsunami of pissed off Aussie fans again soon. A crash resulting in injury is a bit more understandable...
I get the feeling we could see another tsunami of pissed off Aussie fans again soon. A crash resulting in injury is a bit more understandable I guess, still praying he can race though.
He has officially pulled out of the aussie races, before he crashed even.
11/16/2015 5:10pm
I get the feeling we could see another tsunami of pissed off Aussie fans again soon. A crash resulting in injury is a bit more understandable...
He has officially pulled out of the aussie races, before he crashed even.
He was back in again, unless I missed something? Blink

Or do you mean although he said he was going he never actually had the intention of coming?
DanDunes818
11/16/2015 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2015 6:04pm
Talking to a friend I have involved with the promoters of the Aussie series and knowing the commitment made to get him there, I have a feeling you will see JS7 at the race in some capacity. Whether a bike and mechanic go with him is a whole other story. Even though it might cause even more of an uproar, I could see James going, signing autographs and supporting the race from the sidlines.

I know he's wishing he never pulled out to begin with. Obviously if he never pulled out and was injured in Lille, the Australians would be a lot more understanding. Now, while it's as ludicrous of claim as I've ever read on the interwebs, I see posts from some not so bright people on MotoXAddicts Facebook page claiming the whole Lille injury was faked to get out of racing in Australia. Like JS7 quickly thought on the fly as he picked his Suzuki up "if I just get carried off the track here, the people of Australia will not only understand, but sympathize with me as well". I wonder some times how the people that say that stuff feed themselves on a daily basis.

At this point, as a fan of watching James race and especially as a website owner, I just hope he's at A1. I never realized how important both James and Chad Reed are to clicks on a website. Love them or hate those two, they are the two biggest names in the sport and at the moment.
mb60
11/16/2015 6:48pm
For those bagging on JS7 not doing the Ausie round maybe. Read the interview with Peick on Racer x. He sais he is not sure of going because he wants extra time for testing and A 1 also.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/16/2015 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2015 9:25pm
Talking to a friend I have involved with the promoters of the Aussie series and knowing the commitment made to get him there, I have a...
Talking to a friend I have involved with the promoters of the Aussie series and knowing the commitment made to get him there, I have a feeling you will see JS7 at the race in some capacity. Whether a bike and mechanic go with him is a whole other story. Even though it might cause even more of an uproar, I could see James going, signing autographs and supporting the race from the sidlines.

I know he's wishing he never pulled out to begin with. Obviously if he never pulled out and was injured in Lille, the Australians would be a lot more understanding. Now, while it's as ludicrous of claim as I've ever read on the interwebs, I see posts from some not so bright people on MotoXAddicts Facebook page claiming the whole Lille injury was faked to get out of racing in Australia. Like JS7 quickly thought on the fly as he picked his Suzuki up "if I just get carried off the track here, the people of Australia will not only understand, but sympathize with me as well". I wonder some times how the people that say that stuff feed themselves on a daily basis.

At this point, as a fan of watching James race and especially as a website owner, I just hope he's at A1. I never realized how important both James and Chad Reed are to clicks on a website. Love them or hate those two, they are the two biggest names in the sport and at the moment.
I was thinking the same about A1 when I seen him limp on the webcast last Saturday.
It would be a better move to sit out & prepare for A1 anyway...
Crush
11/16/2015 9:41pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2015 9:43pm
mb60 wrote:
For those bagging on JS7 not doing the Ausie round maybe. Read the interview with Peick on Racer x. He sais he is not sure of...
For those bagging on JS7 not doing the Ausie round maybe. Read the interview with Peick on Racer x. He sais he is not sure of going because he wants extra time for testing and A 1 also.
He also didn't say he was going to do it and then back out. Sure injuries can happen–but it also seems the promoter found out via a press release–that didn't make any fucking sense either.

That was the issue–and it's not bagging out... It's not an issue with time if you never agree in the first place.

Moot points anyways, he changed his mind again, but i'd guess it doesn't matter now anyways. He looked to be in pain.
rangot
11/17/2015 12:27am
Xavier wrote:
James got on a plane home-bound this morning with no shoe on his swollen foot. He'll most likely get X-rays & full exam there (he didn't...

I guess it can't be serious if he didn't even bother to do X Rays...
11/17/2015 4:57am
mb60 wrote:
For those bagging on JS7 not doing the Ausie round maybe. Read the interview with Peick on Racer x. He sais he is not sure of...
I always thought the best testing bed was actual racing. But I'm no pro so...
Or maybe I'm confusing testing with practicing.
Spartacus
11/17/2015 5:17am
Xavier wrote:

rangot wrote:
I'm sure if he knew he was totally fine he wouldn't mention it to anyone........
mb60
11/17/2015 6:41am
mb60 wrote:
I believe that racing is always the best practice also. But lets be honest that racing on a track the size of arena cross

might not be the best bet. Also guys cross jumping with not much supercross racing is not a great idea either.
Cashmore
11/17/2015 8:30am
rangot wrote:
Or he was ready to get the hell out of there! Being an American athlete with some status I would avoid going anywhere when crap like that is going on.
IceMan446
11/17/2015 8:58am
Crush wrote:
He also didn't say he was going to do it and then back out. Sure injuries can happen–but it also seems the promoter found out via...
He also didn't say he was going to do it and then back out. Sure injuries can happen–but it also seems the promoter found out via a press release–that didn't make any fucking sense either.

That was the issue–and it's not bagging out... It's not an issue with time if you never agree in the first place.

Moot points anyways, he changed his mind again, but i'd guess it doesn't matter now anyways. He looked to be in pain.
Is Chad Reed in for sure?
yak651
Fantasy
214th
11/17/2015 9:04am
mb60 wrote:
mb60 wrote:
I believe that racing is always the best practice also. But lets be honest that racing on a track the size of arena cross might not...
I believe that racing is always the best practice also. But lets be honest that racing on a track the size of arena cross

might not be the best bet. Also guys cross jumping with not much supercross racing is not a great idea either.
So lets be honest and not sign the contract to begin with saying you would race it...
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/17/2015 9:16am
Like any other business, You sign the contract, you perform the work! And in this business, I am sure any contract would have a exclusion for injuries.

Post a reply to: Update on Stew yet?

The Latest