Upcoming So. Cal Trip. Best tracks?

bennytree
A few buddies and I are heading to So Cal in 2 weeks and was just wondering what the best tracks are to ride during the week. We will be riding Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. Would like to hit tracks that are groomed and watered. Would like to hit Glen Helen too!
What days are best for which tracks? We will have 2 mini riders with us, FYI.

Looked a bit on the web and found the follow tracks:
Glen Helen
Perris
Milestone
Cahuila creek
Pala
Lake Elsinore
Comp Edge
Star West
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
2/5/2017 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2017 10:27pm
If it was me and I was riding 4 days in a row midweek, I would...

Tuesday-Pala
Wednesday-Cahuilla
Thursday-Glen Helen
Friday-Lake elsinor
sparker245
2/5/2017 10:39pm

Tuesday-Pala
Wednesday-Cahuilla
Thursday-Glen Helen
Friday-Lake elsinor
Agree, came from NorCal last month and hit up Pala, Cahuilla and Glen Helen...all excellent. Wanted to go to Lake Elsinore, but ended up at Milestone instead. Milestone was a disappointment, but it was fun to watch the pros on the Supercross track. The vet tracks at Pala and Cahuilla would be a blast for a decent mini rider too.
2/5/2017 11:02pm
Pala is perfect in the morning. They are closed Wednesday and Thursday though. The dirt is Sandy. It can get pretty rutted up by the end of the day. All three tracks are fun and mostly table tops so none of the jumps are very intimidating.

The Shop

Brokelegmtn
2/5/2017 11:17pm
Glen Helen - Thursday. Don't show up hungover. All the Cali tracks are good
loftyair
2/6/2017 7:36am
Also depends on skill level and what kind of track you like best. Glen Helen sucks for beginners. Milestone is pretty much just easy jumps, with decent vet track too. Perris is decent. Elsinore OK. Pala lots of fun, especially for advanced, like Helen, but also decent vet track.
Zaugg
2/6/2017 7:52am
Stay away form Elsinore. They've been literally under water for the past month. Starwest isn't open. Perris is hit or miss. Milestone is ok. Comp Edge...meh!

Stick to Pala, Cahuilla, Glen Helen (simply because everyone will ask if you went to Glen Helen) and then do your favorite of the three again.

Can't really go wrong with those three. Want to get crazy?...hit up LACR or Zaca but be prepared to drive.
dean122
2/6/2017 7:34pm
Cahuilla isn't a perfectly groomed track. It gets rough and is fun as hell. It's old school flavor with nice elevation change. Same with GH. If you're looking shaped lips and loam Comp Edge or Pala is the ticket.

Regardless of weather conditions, Elsinore sucks balls. The dirt dry is dusty and hard packed and wet is slick as snot.
2/6/2017 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2017 8:28pm

Tuesday-Pala
Wednesday-Cahuilla
Thursday-Glen Helen
Friday-Lake elsinor
yeah. Cahauilla is my personal favorite. Pala is a must, as is glen helen. Elsinore has an intermediate vet track that is really fun. Most people that hate on elsinore never ride it. All those choices hold up with mini riders too.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
2/6/2017 8:41pm
Zaugg wrote:
Stay away form Elsinore. They've been literally under water for the past month. Starwest isn't open. Perris is hit or miss. Milestone is ok. Comp Edge...meh...
Stay away form Elsinore. They've been literally under water for the past month. Starwest isn't open. Perris is hit or miss. Milestone is ok. Comp Edge...meh!

Stick to Pala, Cahuilla, Glen Helen (simply because everyone will ask if you went to Glen Helen) and then do your favorite of the three again.

Can't really go wrong with those three. Want to get crazy?...hit up LACR or Zaca but be prepared to drive.
You never know what Elsinor will be like when he's down here... Just play it by ear.

The reason I suggested this schedule:
Tuesday-Pala
Wednesday-Cahuilla
Thursday-Glen Helen
Friday-Lake elsinor
Is because it's makes the most sense driving wise. Pala is closed Wednesday and thursday, Cahuilla is only open on a Wednesday. You could do Milestone on Friday, I just personally like Elsinor over Milestone.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
2/6/2017 8:45pm
Milestone is alright, be careful of long line, had a gnarly 2 hour+ line there once. Elsinore is where we usually go, it gets a lot of hate but it's a fun place to ride if you're not a goon, trust me. Pala is great, only been there once though as it's quite a drive. Perris will be overwatered and the bad kind of rutty, I guarantee that. Starwest is a chill day if the weather is good, that place gets dustier than hell sometimes.
Mr. Info
2/9/2017 6:02pm
Loftyair they have 2 tracks on Thursday and both are beginner ready tracks.
loftyair
2/9/2017 6:14pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Which one has 2 beginner tracks?
captmoto
2/9/2017 9:34pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Is that GHR you are talking about? Is the REM track prepped?
PFitzG38
2/9/2017 9:45pm
You got all the majors, maybe add Zaca Station. Don't forget to try and race REM on a Sat. Fun for all ages

Post a reply to: Upcoming So. Cal Trip. Best tracks?

The Latest