Up and Coming Guys?

wanglimp
Who is there, this year, that we will see make their pro debut during outdoors? I am not as tuned into any of the armature stuff as a lot of the people here. The past few years I have known about some of the more hyped up guys coming in i.e. Webb, AC and Forkner, but who is coming in this year?
|
loftyair
3/3/2017 7:36am
Sean Cantrell should be moving up soon.
BSFL
3/3/2017 8:01am
Challen Tennant! This kid is the real deal. Signed with Star Racing Yamaha last year and should be at the nationals this year.

BSFL
3/3/2017 8:29am
Justin Cooper?
Yeah hope to seen him outdoors. He has been killing it in AX.

The Shop

nd54
3/3/2017 8:36am
Who are some of the guys moving up to the big bike class for 2018 that would need still need a ride.
Osborne?
Hill?
Savatgy?

Anybody else.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/3/2017 8:39am
nd54 wrote:
Who are some of the guys moving up to the big bike class for 2018 that would need still need a ride. Osborne? Hill? Savatgy? Anybody...
Who are some of the guys moving up to the big bike class for 2018 that would need still need a ride.
Osborne?
Hill?
Savatgy?

Anybody else.
Davalos? Unless he manages to fuck things up again to stay in the 250 class. It'll be hard to do so more than likely will have to move up.
Monte122
3/3/2017 8:40am
Joey Crown, he raced 250A last year at Loretta's finished 8th. Fast kid and he's 18.
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
3/3/2017 8:56am
nd54 wrote:
Who are some of the guys moving up to the big bike class for 2018 that would need still need a ride. Osborne? Hill? Savatgy? Anybody...
Osborne?
Hill?
Savatgy?

Anybody else.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Davalos? Unless he manages to fuck things up again to stay in the 250 class. It'll be hard to do so more than likely will have...
Davalos? Unless he manages to fuck things up again to stay in the 250 class. It'll be hard to do so more than likely will have to move up.
Davalos has been in the 250f class since 2006 (with a factory ride or support the entire time). Maybe there was a time when he thought about going to 450s but I don't think he has any intention of doing so now. Would you move up if you kept getting factory rides for more than 10 years despite having only four wins on your record?
Premixed112
3/3/2017 9:00am
nd54 wrote:
Osborne?
Hill?
Savatgy?

Anybody else.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Davalos? Unless he manages to fuck things up again to stay in the 250 class. It'll be hard to do so more than likely will have...
bayodome wrote:
Davalos has been in the 250f class since 2006 (with a factory ride or support the entire time). Maybe there was a time when he thought...
Davalos has been in the 250f class since 2006 (with a factory ride or support the entire time). Maybe there was a time when he thought about going to 450s but I don't think he has any intention of doing so now. Would you move up if you kept getting factory rides for more than 10 years despite having only four wins on your record?
Holy shit.. I knew he'd been there a long time, but since 2006??? And with a factory ride the whole time? If they were to let the guys ride whatever class they wanted to without a move up rule, I've got no problem with that. But with the way it currently is, how does the guy get away with that?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
3/3/2017 9:11am
Monte122 wrote:
Joey Crown, he raced 250A last year at Loretta's finished 8th. Fast kid and he's 18.
I saw this kid race in the canadian mx series against the pros as an intermediate a couple years ago. Pretty sure he podiumed and even gotta moto win. Kid was flyin!
wanglimp
3/3/2017 9:26am
Its always cool watching these new kids make their debut, it gives me more people to root for aside from the top guys dicing it up for the championship.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/3/2017 9:33am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
bayodome wrote:
Davalos has been in the 250f class since 2006 (with a factory ride or support the entire time). Maybe there was a time when he thought...
Holy shit.. I knew he'd been there a long time, but since 2006??? And with a factory ride the whole time? If they were to let...
Holy shit.. I knew he'd been there a long time, but since 2006??? And with a factory ride the whole time? If they were to let the guys ride whatever class they wanted to without a move up rule, I've got no problem with that. But with the way it currently is, how does the guy get away with that?
He gets away with it because he never accumulated the required points needed 3 years in a row in order to be forced to move up.

As to why he has always had factory rides. That's simple...he has speed to win on any given day. He just doesn't have the complete package to reel in wins after wins. Add in the injuries and that's why he still hasn't pointed out yet. If things continue to go like they have been this year pretty sure he'll be forced to move up. If that's the case I think he'll have a hard time finding a ride. Not many seats available plus the fact that he's 30 he'll get looked over by the younger talent moving up that have more upside and a longer career ahead of them.

He probably made good money when he first started getting factory rides but I doubt he's been getting paid much these last couple of years. He's probably on a heavy bonus program as oppose to a guaranteed salary. People will accept a lower salary if they can get on the best bike out there to give them the best chance at success.
Starcrossed
3/3/2017 11:26am
Justin Cooper?
BSFL wrote:
Yeah hope to seen him outdoors. He has been killing it in AX.
He was killing it last year at some of the one off races, like Vurb Cup, KROC...so he's got outdoor speed too. Is he planning on racing the nationals this year?
Question
3/3/2017 11:45am
bayodome wrote:
Holy shit.. I knew he'd been there a long time, but since 2006??? And with a factory ride the whole time? If they were to let...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He gets away with it because he never accumulated the required points needed 3 years in a row in order to be forced to move up...
He gets away with it because he never accumulated the required points needed 3 years in a row in order to be forced to move up.

As to why he has always had factory rides. That's simple...he has speed to win on any given day. He just doesn't have the complete package to reel in wins after wins. Add in the injuries and that's why he still hasn't pointed out yet. If things continue to go like they have been this year pretty sure he'll be forced to move up. If that's the case I think he'll have a hard time finding a ride. Not many seats available plus the fact that he's 30 he'll get looked over by the younger talent moving up that have more upside and a longer career ahead of them.

He probably made good money when he first started getting factory rides but I doubt he's been getting paid much these last couple of years. He's probably on a heavy bonus program as oppose to a guaranteed salary. People will accept a lower salary if they can get on the best bike out there to give them the best chance at success.
I really hope he stays in 250 because there are no good rides available in 450. Would be a bummer if he was put on the sidelines quickly like Mookie, Hahn etc.

By the way: is Will Hahn now eligible to race in 250 again? I get that it is not moving forward but i think he has lots of fans that could be happy to see him racing, a bit like Hansen does. I know some will say rightfully that the lites class is for young kids, but a balance can be found in order to not let kids racing indoor while not fully prepared. A good thing would be to force rookies to race outdoor at least 1 full season (at least 50% of the races, and get top 20s while active) before they are authorized to race indoor. Personally I think it would help some to mature into big calibers (vs injury prone).
mxer613
3/3/2017 11:55am
Carson Brown?? Kid is good
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
3/3/2017 12:03pm
mxer613 wrote:
Carson Brown?? Kid is good
Can't get enough of his IG: www.instagram.com/carsonbrown_910

Great style, sooo fast, and gets to ride some amazing one-of-kind equipment thanks to his family (BBR). Happy to see he picked up a Team Green ride. Hope he continues climbing up the ranks.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/3/2017 12:13pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He gets away with it because he never accumulated the required points needed 3 years in a row in order to be forced to move up...

Question wrote:
I really hope he stays in 250 because there are no good rides available in 450. Would be a bummer if he was put on the...
I really hope he stays in 250 because there are no good rides available in 450. Would be a bummer if he was put on the sidelines quickly like Mookie, Hahn etc.

By the way: is Will Hahn now eligible to race in 250 again? I get that it is not moving forward but i think he has lots of fans that could be happy to see him racing, a bit like Hansen does. I know some will say rightfully that the lites class is for young kids, but a balance can be found in order to not let kids racing indoor while not fully prepared. A good thing would be to force rookies to race outdoor at least 1 full season (at least 50% of the races, and get top 20s while active) before they are authorized to race indoor. Personally I think it would help some to mature into big calibers (vs injury prone).
Due to all the injuries Will Hahn suffered throughout is career he decided to retire. I think that was the best decision he could of made. A lot of fans would like to still see him out there racing but personally I think even if he's be eligible for the 250 class I doubt that he would get a good ride. He was struggling quite a bit the last year or two and with all the young up and comers things wouldn't look good for him. He wouldn't get a good ride and he'd struggle to be competitive I think.

Is he not suppose to work with the Geico Honda team in some way?

As for Davalos I couldn't care less about him struggling to find a ride for the 450 class. He ultimately put himself in that situation. Had he moved up years ago who knows where he'd be standing. He could of proved himself to be a very good 450 rider and land a good ride. Had he done that he might not be in the situation he is now. If it ends up that he has to move up in 2018 I don't even know if he'll land on a factory supported ride. The factory teams are all full and the rides that will be available will more than likely be snatched up by younger talent.

I suppose if he manages to screw up the couple races that are left on the west coast and he stays eligible for the 250 class next year he'll more than likely stay put at Rockstar Husqvarna. For all we know he might be joining Pourcel up in Canada. Like I mentioned in the Pourcel to Canada thread the team invested in a semi for the races and I can't see them making that investment just for 1 rider team since the last two years in Canada, Tyler Medaglia has been pitting out of a sprinter van. Making that big of an investment for such a short series for 1 rider simply doesn't make sense in my eyes. I know Medaglia is running a modified schedule this year which means he'll more than likely be splitting his time between some MX races and some Off-Road races. Since he won't be attending all the MX rounds Rockstar Husqvarna Canada might want to bring another rider to pit alongside Pourcel since Rockstar is the series sponsor. I know they haven't fielded a 250 team ever since the brand was introduced to the series so they might bring a rider or 2 for that class to pit alongside Pourcel & Medaglia. I have no idea what is going on with the team in Canada and that's just what I think.

Remains to be seen I guess.

Post a reply to: Up and Coming Guys?

The Latest