Up and down.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 4/30/2014 1:48pm
Check out the homepage for interviews with Eli Tomac and Josh Hill. I'm not sure I've ever talked to two podium guys who were as down and up as these two were. Listen in and you'll hear what I mean.
|
jasonv43
4/29/2014 9:21pm
Pourin' some out for the homies or is he disproving an old myth?Shocked

jasonv43
4/29/2014 9:22pm
And I hope Tomac figures it out and Josh is on the gate at Glen Helen.
ob
4/29/2014 9:34pm
Oh Josh is the man. I have seen more cool podium pics from last weekend than the whole rest of the year.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/29/2014 10:14pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Pourin' some out for the homies or is he disproving an old myth?:ohmy: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/29/52317/s1200_Untitled.jpg[/img]

Disproving. That was real stuff.

The Shop

ridge
4/29/2014 10:36pm
I might have misunderstood Eli, but something tells me he just doesn't know.

I'm surprised Josh didn't grab DD's ass and jam his tongue down her throat...
bvm111
4/29/2014 10:57pm
It sounds to me that Eli knows a little more than he is letting on and it sounds similar to what Reed may have been hinting about last year with the honda. WinkWhistling
jock
Fantasy
1st
4/30/2014 1:05am
bvm111 wrote:
It sounds to me that Eli knows a little more than he is letting on and it sounds similar to what Reed may have been hinting...
It sounds to me that Eli knows a little more than he is letting on and it sounds similar to what Reed may have been hinting about last year with the honda. WinkWhistling
That is what it sounded like to me too.
IWreckALot
4/30/2014 5:02am
Good God he sounds like he hates that Honda right now. Is it suspension or engine that is holding it back? Or both?
davistld01
4/30/2014 5:20am
I counted 45 times Tomac said "I don't know" in that interview. Clearly he's bummed, and clearly he's trying to say he just can't get a handle on the bike. Funny how Canard looks so good on the Honda 450 factory bike, and everybody else hates it!
abn166
4/30/2014 6:32am
jasonv43 wrote:
Pourin' some out for the homies or is he disproving an old myth?:ohmy: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/29/52317/s1200_Untitled.jpg[/img]

And i would like to pour some for my dead homies.....
mxdude105
4/30/2014 7:01am
I like Tomac but DAMN, give us something dude! Honda must have these guys on code red lockdown when it comes to talking about the bike. Would it be such a big deal to say "yeah, the bike isn't where it needs to be because of X, Y, Z"? It's not like Honda doesn't outsell the other brands already by a significant margin. This type of tight-lipped company man bullshit is really stupid IMO. Tell us what you think.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
4/30/2014 7:08am
Maybe the reason he doesn't feel the same as he did on his 250, is because he is riding a 450 not a 250? He wouldn't be the first to struggle to adapt.
zippy895
4/30/2014 7:13am
jasonv43 wrote:

this guy is a marketing salesman racer genious!
doing obstacles on the track first,to attract attention,then this.sponsors can really get their monies worth with this guy.
Spagina767
4/30/2014 7:23am
davistld01 wrote:
I counted 45 times Tomac said "I don't know" in that interview. Clearly he's bummed, and clearly he's trying to say he just can't get a...
I counted 45 times Tomac said "I don't know" in that interview. Clearly he's bummed, and clearly he's trying to say he just can't get a handle on the bike. Funny how Canard looks so good on the Honda 450 factory bike, and everybody else hates it!
Which only proves how much different each bike is to each different rider. Everyone bashed Stewart for saing that HE hated the YZF. Reed said that HE did not gel at all with the honda (and the kxf in 2009). At their level, people need to realize that although the bike may work AMAZINGLY for someone, that same bike could suck for someone else. It all is in personal preference, setup, and the way they ride the bike.

To the average racer, there isn't much of a difference... but these guys are top notch, .5% fastest in the world. Most, not all, are picky - and rightfully so.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/30/2014 7:25am
mxdude105 wrote:
I like Tomac but DAMN, give us something dude! Honda must have these guys on code red lockdown when it comes to talking about the bike...
I like Tomac but DAMN, give us something dude! Honda must have these guys on code red lockdown when it comes to talking about the bike. Would it be such a big deal to say "yeah, the bike isn't where it needs to be because of X, Y, Z"? It's not like Honda doesn't outsell the other brands already by a significant margin. This type of tight-lipped company man bullshit is really stupid IMO. Tell us what you think.
Interviews like that are brutal. Also, to me it makes the manufacturer/team seem like Dbags.

"I can't really say anything about that"...sure sounds like Honda to me
IWreckALot
4/30/2014 7:44am
mxdude105 wrote:
I like Tomac but DAMN, give us something dude! Honda must have these guys on code red lockdown when it comes to talking about the bike...
seth505 wrote:
Interviews like that are brutal. Also, to me it makes the manufacturer/team seem like Dbags. "I can't really say anything about that"...sure sounds like Honda to...
Interviews like that are brutal. Also, to me it makes the manufacturer/team seem like Dbags.

"I can't really say anything about that"...sure sounds like Honda to me
It may be Honda's fault, but I can't blame Honda per se. If Eli says something negative about the bike, they lose a percentage of sales because of the perception drawn from a pro racer. Honda is protecting themselves. If pro racer's comments didn't affect sales, I'm sure Honda would let him say whatever he wanted. Like Spagina said, it's not like joe blow at the track would know a difference but they act like it does.

And for the record, I do believe there is something about the Honda this year that is similar to the YZ for the last 3 or 4 years. Something about it the pro's have a difficult time coping with.
wydopen
4/30/2014 9:02am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2014 9:02am
would have loved to see tomac on an rmz this year
4/30/2014 11:43am
GrapeApe wrote:
Maybe the reason he doesn't feel the same as he did on his 250, is because he is riding a 450 not a 250? He wouldn't...
Maybe the reason he doesn't feel the same as he did on his 250, is because he is riding a 450 not a 250? He wouldn't be the first to struggle to adapt.
Right, look at Barcia. 2 years now in the 450 class and hasn't shown even a glimpse of how dominate he was at SX on the 250 IMO. I hope Eli and the team can get something figured out for outdoors. He is someone I really want to watch battle up front.

As for Hill, I would LOVE to see him pull something together for outdoors and prove alot of people wrong by going out and beating the new RCH riders. Not that I wish anything bad on WP or IT, both solid dudes imo too. I just think it would make for an interesting story all summer if those guys were always battling and what not.
peelout
4/30/2014 11:45am
wow... talk about polar opposites.

stoked for Hill too, great interviews
IWreckALot
4/30/2014 11:45am
GrapeApe wrote:
Maybe the reason he doesn't feel the same as he did on his 250, is because he is riding a 450 not a 250? He wouldn't...
Right, look at Barcia. 2 years now in the 450 class and hasn't shown even a glimpse of how dominate he was at SX on the...
Right, look at Barcia. 2 years now in the 450 class and hasn't shown even a glimpse of how dominate he was at SX on the 250 IMO. I hope Eli and the team can get something figured out for outdoors. He is someone I really want to watch battle up front.

As for Hill, I would LOVE to see him pull something together for outdoors and prove alot of people wrong by going out and beating the new RCH riders. Not that I wish anything bad on WP or IT, both solid dudes imo too. I just think it would make for an interesting story all summer if those guys were always battling and what not.
Barcia wasn't nearly as dominant as Eli was. And Eli had the outdoors dialed last season. Barcia was getting left by Tomac regularly along with Baggett and KRoc. I personally don't see Tomac struggling like I think Barcia will. But I'm not a Barcia fan so that might be a bit biased.

Tomac rode a 450 regularly before this year. Some people act like it's his first time on the bike and that is nowhere near the case. Something has changed with the bike that he isn't comfortable with. It's said very clearly in the interview.
peelout
4/30/2014 11:49am
GrapeApe wrote:
Right, look at Barcia. 2 years now in the 450 class and hasn't shown even a glimpse of how dominate he was at SX on the...

IWreckALot wrote:
Barcia wasn't nearly as dominant as Eli was. And Eli had the outdoors dialed last season. Barcia was getting left by Tomac regularly along with Baggett...
Barcia wasn't nearly as dominant as Eli was. And Eli had the outdoors dialed last season. Barcia was getting left by Tomac regularly along with Baggett and KRoc. I personally don't see Tomac struggling like I think Barcia will. But I'm not a Barcia fan so that might be a bit biased.

Tomac rode a 450 regularly before this year. Some people act like it's his first time on the bike and that is nowhere near the case. Something has changed with the bike that he isn't comfortable with. It's said very clearly in the interview.
i assume he's talking about 250 supercross. Tomac wasn't and has never been in the same league of 250 supercross as Barcia. saying Barcia was not dominant indoors is pretty fuckin' silly so i'm assuming you were just talking outdoors.
IWreckALot
4/30/2014 12:01pm

IWreckALot wrote:
Barcia wasn't nearly as dominant as Eli was. And Eli had the outdoors dialed last season. Barcia was getting left by Tomac regularly along with Baggett...

peelout wrote:
i assume he's talking about 250 supercross. Tomac wasn't and has never been in the same league of 250 supercross as Barcia. saying Barcia was not...
i assume he's talking about 250 supercross. Tomac wasn't and has never been in the same league of 250 supercross as Barcia. saying Barcia was not dominant indoors is pretty fuckin' silly so i'm assuming you were just talking outdoors.
I'll give Barcia a slight edge in SX. Last season Tomac was doing awesome except two finishes which happened to cost him the season and I thought his wins were more impressive than what Barcia had. Again probably my biased opinion. He was on par with Barcia's 250 ride until he went head first into the whoops which is why I give Barcia the slight edge.

My point is more to say that the bike has something with it that Eli isn't comfortable with. I don't believe it is simply the difference in 200cc's.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
4/30/2014 12:27pm
GrapeApe wrote:

Barcia and Tomac were/are very similar riders, and I think better suited for the 250. That doesn't mean they can't adapt and dominate, just means there may be a little adjustment period. I have a hard time buying with the combined resources of American Honda, Geico, and even TLD, they can't make the bike close enough to go out and rip. Maybe not perfect, but close enough.

I also think they are both struggling with awful gear, and the font on Tomac's "3" is off. Just kidding. Not really, though.
Huckster
4/30/2014 1:07pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Barcia and Tomac were/are very similar riders, and I think better suited for the 250. That doesn't mean they can't adapt and dominate, just means there...
Barcia and Tomac were/are very similar riders, and I think better suited for the 250. That doesn't mean they can't adapt and dominate, just means there may be a little adjustment period. I have a hard time buying with the combined resources of American Honda, Geico, and even TLD, they can't make the bike close enough to go out and rip. Maybe not perfect, but close enough.

I also think they are both struggling with awful gear, and the font on Tomac's "3" is off. Just kidding. Not really, though.
It's amazing how people see what they want to see. Most people concur that Roczen is having a great rookie SX season correct? Well his season is almost identical to what Justin did last year. 2 wins each and 4th place overall for both. Amazing how one rider is the next big thing and the other sucks.......cracks me up...
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
4/30/2014 1:48pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Barcia and Tomac were/are very similar riders, and I think better suited for the 250. That doesn't mean they can't adapt and dominate, just means there...

Huckster wrote:
It's amazing how people see what they want to see. Most people concur that Roczen is having a great rookie SX season correct? Well his season...
It's amazing how people see what they want to see. Most people concur that Roczen is having a great rookie SX season correct? Well his season is almost identical to what Justin did last year. 2 wins each and 4th place overall for both. Amazing how one rider is the next big thing and the other sucks.......cracks me up...
Someone will chime in momentarily and remind you that Roczen's factory bike sucks as well.

Post a reply to: Up and down.

The Latest