Underground MX is coming back!

DavidR
Edited Date/Time 9/3/2014 4:40pm
Great day in DFW, UGMX posted on their Facebook page that they are coming back! Hell f'n yeah!
|
Cygnus
8/29/2014 3:51pm
Good news! hate to hear any track being closed down. We hardly ever hear of them reopening let alone opening.
DBerg
8/29/2014 4:10pm
I heard they were making a come back. Always great to hear of a track reopening rather than closing down!
Thelen20
8/29/2014 4:47pm
This is good news!!! I knew i was just a matter of time, you dont build what they did out there and close shop in a couple years.
Trig331
8/29/2014 4:49pm
Great news! Can't wait to get back down there.

The Shop

MarkF
8/29/2014 7:06pm
Awesome! It was/is one of my favorite TX tracks.
DavidR
8/29/2014 7:09pm
Highsider wrote:
That Regals family?
It used to be Regal's place. Randy & Whitney Poulter have owned it for some years now.
stackman17
8/29/2014 7:12pm
That is my sons favorite track, he will be excited.
ti473
8/29/2014 7:41pm
Very cool. Any idea of when?
Highsider
8/29/2014 7:47pm
We are heading to Texas this winter. I'll try it for sure. Is it good for rv camping?
Arkmx
9/1/2014 10:48pm
Highsider wrote:
We are heading to Texas this winter. I'll try it for sure. Is it good for rv camping?

RV spots with water & electric 30 & 50 amp or primitive camping. Bike wash and shower house too! Nice facility, enjoy the ride!

TannerMxer
9/2/2014 9:47am
I am pretty damn excited to hear about this. I live in McKinney (North DFW) and have checked out Badlands Mx Park, Boondoxxx Mx, Oak Hill Raceway, and His 956 Facility since Underground Mx closed down and none of those placed could stack up. I grew up in SoCal and I am used to tracks of a certain caliper. Underground was the most "SoCal" with it's layout, jumps, and track prep. Most of those other places were hardly ever groomed when I went there and were overgrown - sometimes even single track lanes.
bonseff
9/2/2014 10:02am
Underground is going to be back up and running.. Faith No More is putting out a new album. 2015 is really looking up!
IWreckALot
9/2/2014 10:05am
Do they have any trails out there or is it strictly MX?
Highsider
9/2/2014 10:55am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2014 10:56am
...certain "caliper"
Laughing
TannerMxer
9/2/2014 11:33am
Highsider wrote:
...certain "caliper"
Laughing
I'm glad someone caught that. I was curious if people were going to get it. lol
bish153
9/2/2014 11:50am
TannerMxer wrote:
I am pretty damn excited to hear about this. I live in McKinney (North DFW) and have checked out Badlands Mx Park, Boondoxxx Mx, Oak Hill...
I am pretty damn excited to hear about this. I live in McKinney (North DFW) and have checked out Badlands Mx Park, Boondoxxx Mx, Oak Hill Raceway, and His 956 Facility since Underground Mx closed down and none of those placed could stack up. I grew up in SoCal and I am used to tracks of a certain caliper. Underground was the most "SoCal" with it's layout, jumps, and track prep. Most of those other places were hardly ever groomed when I went there and were overgrown - sometimes even single track lanes.
I agree with you that underground is a great track and facility, but don't be bashing other tracks! Some of those other tracks you mentioned put in a lot of work also, especially oakhill and 956. Also I'm not sure what you meant by "overgrown" but I can speak directly for oakhill, 956 and badlands and promise nothing is overgrown on these tracks.
huck
9/2/2014 11:55am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2014 12:14pm
TannerMxer wrote:
I am pretty damn excited to hear about this. I live in McKinney (North DFW) and have checked out Badlands Mx Park, Boondoxxx Mx, Oak Hill...
You're used to tracks being a certain "caliper"? Really...so you don't like the nice dirt in texas? you'd rather have under watered and dried out tracks, with no vegetation around them? I'm sure you also don't like flaggers or medical personnel being there either....
IWreckALot
9/2/2014 12:07pm
TannerMxer wrote:
bish153 wrote:
I agree with you that underground is a great track and facility, but don't be bashing other tracks! Some of those other tracks you mentioned put...
I agree with you that underground is a great track and facility, but don't be bashing other tracks! Some of those other tracks you mentioned put in a lot of work also, especially oakhill and 956. Also I'm not sure what you meant by "overgrown" but I can speak directly for oakhill, 956 and badlands and promise nothing is overgrown on these tracks.
Yeah I'm not sure what Tanner is talking about. I've never been to Oak Hill and seen anything overgrown. Haven't been to 956 or Badlands.
bish153
9/2/2014 12:08pm
TannerMxer wrote:
bish153 wrote:
I agree with you that underground is a great track and facility, but don't be bashing other tracks! Some of those other tracks you mentioned put...
IWreckALot wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure what Tanner is talking about. I've never been to Oak Hill and seen anything overgrown. Haven't been to 956 or Badlands.
Yeah, I don't think he does either!
ti473
9/2/2014 12:30pm
are we talking nissin or brembo calipers here?
huck
9/2/2014 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2014 12:42pm
ti473 wrote:
are we talking nissin or brembo calipers here?
TannerMxer
9/2/2014 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2014 12:58pm
bish153 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
bish153 wrote:
I never said those other tracks were terrible; I simply stated that I preferred Underground. I'd still go to any of them, but I have a preference. Here, so you guys don't get your panties in a bunch, I'll provide some additional, more detailed, feedback for all you people that probably like participation trophies.

Oak Hill Raceway: great track and facility. I never bad mouthed this place; however, I can understand the way I wrote it made it seem like it was lumped in with the other places.

His 956 Facility: Good amount of land for numerous track layouts and options. This may have been a bad time for me to go, but when I went it was two weekends before Loretta's. The track only utilized 30-40% of the open area that they have available. The track was really, really short for the sheer amount of space they have. Also, for having all that space, they could have two tracks: one for the amateurs training for Loretta's and one for the weekend warriors.

Boondoxxx Mx: This place wasn't busy at all, so that was nice. If you ride the main track, it is tiny. It is literally 4 straightaways with a lap time around 45 seconds. If you want to ride the big track, you ride the main track and then jump off onto a single-track "track". I did like how there were two different tracks, but both had grass overgrowing onto jump faces and on landings. This makes hitting hip jumps sketchy when you are learning the track and learning what direction to head.

Badlands Mx: This place was a decent size and had two tracks but the second one must have been incomplete. They are open on Sunday's but not Saturday's. Even with that day off, the track was tore up from what looked like a week of sitting in that condition since the dirt was baked in early spring.

Underground Mx: This place is nice and wide and provides challenges for every level of rider, but nothing so do-or-die that a weekend warrior like myself doesn't get themselves killed. The track seems to be fully tilled up every time I have gone there. Overall, it is just the best track experience in DFW from what I have seen so far.

And by the way, I have yet to see flaggers at any of these places, even on busy weekends.
bish153
9/2/2014 2:14pm
IWreckALot wrote:
bish153 wrote:
TannerMxer wrote:
I never said those other tracks were terrible; I simply stated that I preferred Underground. I'd still go to any of them, but I have a...
I never said those other tracks were terrible; I simply stated that I preferred Underground. I'd still go to any of them, but I have a preference. Here, so you guys don't get your panties in a bunch, I'll provide some additional, more detailed, feedback for all you people that probably like participation trophies.

Oak Hill Raceway: great track and facility. I never bad mouthed this place; however, I can understand the way I wrote it made it seem like it was lumped in with the other places.

His 956 Facility: Good amount of land for numerous track layouts and options. This may have been a bad time for me to go, but when I went it was two weekends before Loretta's. The track only utilized 30-40% of the open area that they have available. The track was really, really short for the sheer amount of space they have. Also, for having all that space, they could have two tracks: one for the amateurs training for Loretta's and one for the weekend warriors.

Boondoxxx Mx: This place wasn't busy at all, so that was nice. If you ride the main track, it is tiny. It is literally 4 straightaways with a lap time around 45 seconds. If you want to ride the big track, you ride the main track and then jump off onto a single-track "track". I did like how there were two different tracks, but both had grass overgrowing onto jump faces and on landings. This makes hitting hip jumps sketchy when you are learning the track and learning what direction to head.

Badlands Mx: This place was a decent size and had two tracks but the second one must have been incomplete. They are open on Sunday's but not Saturday's. Even with that day off, the track was tore up from what looked like a week of sitting in that condition since the dirt was baked in early spring.

Underground Mx: This place is nice and wide and provides challenges for every level of rider, but nothing so do-or-die that a weekend warrior like myself doesn't get themselves killed. The track seems to be fully tilled up every time I have gone there. Overall, it is just the best track experience in DFW from what I have seen so far.

And by the way, I have yet to see flaggers at any of these places, even on busy weekends.
Thank you for explaining yourself. 956 kinda has a different approach and different idea to what most tracks or doing. Boondoxxx is shooting for a little bit different clientele (not really my thing either but they have found there niche) Have you ridden johnsonville yet, this may be more inline as to what you are looking for in a track. Also you should check out swan, i35 and village.
CamP
9/2/2014 5:41pm
TannerMxer wrote:
I'd recommend that you check out River Valley.
bonseff
9/2/2014 6:52pm
CamP wrote:
I'd recommend that you check out River Valley.
& Village Creek. Both passionate owners who put in work for their riders.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
9/2/2014 7:57pm
TannerMxer wrote:
I never said those other tracks were terrible; I simply stated that I preferred Underground. I'd still go to any of them, but I have a...

I think you need to get out more. I suggest River Valley, Village Creek, Johnsonville MX Farm, Buffalo Creek, and, on a race weekend, Swan (you need a membership to practice any other time).

Post a reply to: Underground MX is coming back!

The Latest