Unadilla track

WhKnuckle
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:54pm
Watching the Davalos video, it looks to me like they've added a lot more doubles and other man-made obstacles in the track this year. Normally I'd say that's great, and they look like they're fun, but one of the great things about Unadilla in the past has been its natural feel, and I hate to see that go away. I guess maybe people think the bikes are too fast these days and they need obstacles to slow them down, but they used to race 500s there, and 450s ain't any faster than those bikes were.

I know lots of riders hate Unadilla because it's so fast and rough (and rocky); RC despised that place. But I really hate to see the last truly natural layout go away, if that's what's happening...
|
PFO186
8/12/2011 7:14am
yea it's definately less natural. Riders hate it now because of the dirt, not the layout. the dirt has gone away big time there. i watched an old video of undilla from the 80's and it was crazy how nice (and different from now) the dirt was. It was so loamy that whoops would form everywhere like it does in sand. I remember listening to a hannah podcast and he said the dirt was nice back in the day because it was farm loam, the dirt had been used for farming and was cultivated back then and you would basically have to cultivate it again for a couple years for the dirt to get somewhat like it was. Would be cool if the track owner farmed the land for 11 months out of the year to see if they could get the dirt to be like it was, plus he'd get some sweet tax breaks.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
8/12/2011 7:19am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2011 7:23am
WhKnuckle wrote:
Watching the Davalos video, it looks to me like they've added a lot more doubles and other man-made obstacles in the track this year. Normally I'd...
Watching the Davalos video, it looks to me like they've added a lot more doubles and other man-made obstacles in the track this year. Normally I'd say that's great, and they look like they're fun, but one of the great things about Unadilla in the past has been its natural feel, and I hate to see that go away. I guess maybe people think the bikes are too fast these days and they need obstacles to slow them down, but they used to race 500s there, and 450s ain't any faster than those bikes were.

I know lots of riders hate Unadilla because it's so fast and rough (and rocky); RC despised that place. But I really hate to see the last truly natural layout go away, if that's what's happening...
looks just like it did in 08, 09, and 10 to me. The last two big obstacles they built were the new big tabletop (after the tree turns after the cavity) and the big single when you head up hill towards "screw u gulch"/ "the wall" only this year it doesnt have the double option...they need to bring back the hill where RC and Stewart wrecked. One dumb mistake and its taken away.

First time I went was 98 and its still fairly the same. There are some changes but I think for the most part for the better.
Highsider
8/12/2011 9:11am
First time I visited was '82, then '87 and '09.
Yeah, it's gone through some changes...and so have we.Grinning
mxrider641
8/12/2011 3:50pm
Was just there, and there are some changes. What were somewhat natural hills/jumps have been enlarged and turned into step-ups (just before the start line), tables (coming out of the wall and right after), and a new line with doubles in the back section.

Post a reply to: Unadilla track

The Latest