Unadilla Thoughts

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2014 9:03am
1. Dungey might be into Roczen's head & unless something happens, he WILL be the 2014 Outdoor Champion. Stamp it.

2. Trey Canard WILL be a champion in 2015. It's his time.

3. Tomac is indeed an animal. The guy has "champion" written all over him. If he hadn't been hurt the first part of the season, he'd be leading the whole show.

4. Some of y'all were right...CP377 IS all that.

5. Dean Wilson better step up his game with KTM.

6. Roczen is already at RCH mentally.

7. Andrew Short is my hero! What a comeback!

These are...as always...IMHO.
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/9/2014 1:30pm
Are you from the future?

The race isn't even over quite yet.
8/9/2014 1:58pm
I didn't notice any of that stuff the op posted. I just saw some really good racing which served as a reminder that the racing is what matters. I didn't think of the guys that weren't there once and don't care either way if they come back or not.
davistld01
8/9/2014 2:03pm
I didn't notice any of that stuff the op posted. I just saw some really good racing which served as a reminder that the racing is...
I didn't notice any of that stuff the op posted. I just saw some really good racing which served as a reminder that the racing is what matters. I didn't think of the guys that weren't there once and don't care either way if they come back or not.
A true fan of the sport.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/9/2014 2:10pm
Race done now.

Dungey is hunting down Roczen and getting lots of help from Canard and Tomac riding strong.

Good for Pourcel, nice ride.

jonesaustin
8/9/2014 5:57pm
Roczen wants to win a championship. He may be sponsored by a brand, but he wants recognition for his skill and hard work. I certainly don't think his switch to RCH is on his mind one bit right now.
stantdm
8/9/2014 9:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2014 9:13pm
Roczen wants to win a championship. He may be sponsored by a brand, but he wants recognition for his skill and hard work. I certainly don't...
Roczen wants to win a championship. He may be sponsored by a brand, but he wants recognition for his skill and hard work. I certainly don't think his switch to RCH is on his mind one bit right now.
I think Roczen went to RCH over some disagreement with management, perhaps in Austria, and a big check. He also wants to be the number one rider on a team. While he wants a championship he is leaving to best place to get one, IMHO.
8/9/2014 9:47pm
davistld01 wrote:
1. Dungey might be into Roczen's head & unless something happens, he WILL be the 2014 Outdoor Champion. Stamp it. 2. Trey Canard WILL be a...
1. Dungey might be into Roczen's head & unless something happens, he WILL be the 2014 Outdoor Champion. Stamp it.

3. Tomac is indeed an animal. The guy has "champion" written all over him. If he hadn't been hurt the first part of the season, he'd be leading the whole show.

You got all that from one race?
2thefront
8/10/2014 12:27am
It's gonna be an interesting couple of weeks. After roczen appeared to be going all out in the first moto, I thought he might drop anchor in the 2nd moto but he hung in there better than he has lately. It could come down to who gets the starts.
Crush
8/10/2014 11:00pm
Yeah it seems like it won't be long and someone is gonna hit that lucas oil metal thing really fucking hard.

James was lucky at Red Bud. Seems they need to be made another 10 feet wider or use the ones like in SX, one sided that only hangs over half the track.
Spydee
8/11/2014 3:10am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2014 3:10am
davistld01 wrote:
1. Dungey might be into Roczen's head & unless something happens, he WILL be the 2014 Outdoor Champion. Stamp it. 2. Trey Canard WILL be a...

You can tell you're American. All love for US riders and a kick in the face to the Europeans.
Crush
8/11/2014 3:25am
Spydee wrote:
You can tell you're American. All love for US riders and a kick in the face to the Europeans.
Whinging Pom!

haha.

He hardly stated any mis-truths so tho did he? Kenny seems to be struggling compared to what he was, CP is awesome, and Deano needs to be better at KTM than what he has this year (For the record I think he will be).

Sounds 'bout right!
Spydee
8/11/2014 4:58am
Crush wrote:
Whinging Pom! haha. He hardly stated any mis-truths so tho did he? Kenny seems to be struggling compared to what he was, CP is awesome, and...
Whinging Pom!

haha.

He hardly stated any mis-truths so tho did he? Kenny seems to be struggling compared to what he was, CP is awesome, and Deano needs to be better at KTM than what he has this year (For the record I think he will be).

Sounds 'bout right!
I wouldn't be a true Vital Member without whinging about something in a thread, haha!

I actually agree with what most of what the OP says.

Fair play to Pourcel, though it's hard to believe that a man who can qualify fastest 8 out of 10 times only just got his first moto win (and overall).

Deano... I don't know what it is about that guy but I just don't like him. Probably because he got all defensive when I asked him if he'd actually ever been to Scotland. He just seems to act like a black man trapped in a white boys body.

I don't think we've seen the last of Kenny, I wouldn't write him off yet. The pressure lies with Dungey to win it now by the sounds of peoples expectations.
Gebken40
8/11/2014 5:05am
The track was gnarly, the guys were heavy on the throttle, and the racing was great. That's the best summary I can give to Unadilla.
Crush
8/11/2014 5:16am
Gebken40 wrote:
The track was gnarly, the guys were heavy on the throttle, and the racing was great. That's the best summary I can give to Unadilla.
Ken oath, see Dunge hitting that right hander before the table down the bottom near the trees, fuckin hell. Every time just smashing it.
Crush
8/11/2014 5:45am
Spydee wrote:
I wouldn't be a true Vital Member without whinging about something in a thread, haha! I actually agree with what most of what the OP says...
I wouldn't be a true Vital Member without whinging about something in a thread, haha!

Fair play to Pourcel, though it's hard to believe that a man who can qualify fastest 8 out of 10 times only just got his first moto win (and overall).

Deano... I don't know what it is about that guy but I just don't like him. Probably because he got all defensive when I asked him if he'd actually ever been to Scotland. He just seems to act like a black man trapped in a white boys body.

I don't think we've seen the last of Kenny, I wouldn't write him off yet. The pressure lies with Dungey to win it now by the sounds of peoples expectations.
I like Deano, love watching him ride. Agree its weird his fascination with modern hip hop, he is really into it it seems from instagram etc... but then again I think it's shyte. older hip hop is sweet, I fuckin don't know what's happening today tho! Must be getting old. I'm Scottish too so that helps!

You think the pressure is on Dunge? Man I disagree, if he wins, then it's great, no one expected it. Kenny has had the lead since 1st moto at hangtown, and has pretty well been falling apart compared to his early season dominance. I know who i'd rather be right now!
jrt240
8/11/2014 5:55am
A few additions:

- At times I felt like a dirt bike race broke out at a Jugaloo festival. To the dude doing donuts in the parking area, guzzling beer and screaming Una effing dilla at 8 in the morning - I hope you were still upright for the first 250 sight lap. You go dude

- Getting out of there was a little dicey, something to be said for springing for one of the VIP packages with preferred parking next year

- Boy, the 250 class is really competitive. Good to see

- Roczen/Dunge/Canard/Tomac are really that fast, far and above anyone else on a 450 at the moment

- The best of the rest (Metty/Short/Peick) are deserving of way more support. Hope they keep their rides or get increased support in 2015

- Sad to watch Reed/Byrne/Weimer just punch the clock. Maybe there's something left in the tank but I have my doubts

- Suzuki? did the shipping container full of RMZs fall off the ship into the ocean? Another sad sight

- Other than that the racing was great to see, Unadilla is gnarly. Bet it gives even Ryan Dungey some scary memories

sozo
8/11/2014 6:32am
My thoughts when I re-watched the race yesterday is I just don't understand how they go so fast through those ruts and rail turns and make jumps right after to boot... insane mind blowing all of them....
8/11/2014 7:30am
i thought the track was great- really seperates the elite riders from the rest of the pack. Racing was brilliant- i would have expected roczen to beat dungey on a track like that, but fair play ryan is going really well at the minute. Both CP and marvin rode fantastic- pourcel put on a clinic in that first moto! smooth as butter- amazing to watch

one thing i did notice was the amount of REALLY slow lapped riders! maybe with the track being so rutted and technical- but the leaders were coming round to lap people with over 10 minutes left!
MotoxTodd
8/11/2014 7:37am
davistld01 wrote:

YES on all 7
Spydee
8/11/2014 8:58am
Crush wrote:
I like Deano, love watching him ride. Agree its weird his fascination with modern hip hop, he is really into it it seems from instagram etc...
I like Deano, love watching him ride. Agree its weird his fascination with modern hip hop, he is really into it it seems from instagram etc... but then again I think it's shyte. older hip hop is sweet, I fuckin don't know what's happening today tho! Must be getting old. I'm Scottish too so that helps!

You think the pressure is on Dunge? Man I disagree, if he wins, then it's great, no one expected it. Kenny has had the lead since 1st moto at hangtown, and has pretty well been falling apart compared to his early season dominance. I know who i'd rather be right now!
I can appreciate his good performances.. Daytona rings a bell. Well, the first 15 laps anyway. But when I watch him leading I can't get excited about it at all, not too sure why.

The way I see the whole Roczen/Dungey deal is that Dungey was the favourite leading up to the series, and Roczen has just surpassed the flawless performance he's put it. Don't get me wrong Dungey has done fantastic clawing his way back up to the top step, but what would be more impressive; Roczen winning the title in his first 450 season or Dungey taking the crown? That's why I think the pressure is on Dungey now to take the points lead and the number 1 plate.
Azcrf331
8/11/2014 9:15am
Cudby's Unadilla gallery had me and my son in mind-they need more Lucas Oil scenery, we are definitely digging the country girl look. Reminds me of Freestone and all the Texas chicks in daisy dukes, boots and straw hats. Anybody know names of the Lucas Oil models?

jeffro503
8/11/2014 9:43am
Lordy!! Them some classy looking chicks! Also really dig that one in your sig!
Barrett57
8/11/2014 10:34am
Spydee wrote:
I wouldn't be a true Vital Member without whinging about something in a thread, haha! I actually agree with what most of what the OP says...

He's definitely been to Scotland, he loves Scotland, but doesn't live there because it's shit. Pretty standard.
peelout
8/11/2014 11:11am
Spydee wrote:

regarding your Dean Wilson comment, that could be one of the lamest things you could have said about him.

butt hurt much?
peelout
8/11/2014 11:16am
Pourcel was amazing to watch in both motos. especially when Martin was behind him, CP's style is just so efficient and simple. he isn't out there throwing whips/scrubs off every jump and it's a welcome sight in my opinion.

really happy he was able to hold off Musquin that first moto, hell of a race in all 4 motos really
Spydee
8/11/2014 11:25am
peelout wrote:
regarding your Dean Wilson comment, that could be one of the lamest things you could have said about him.

butt hurt much?
I mean he comes across like this tough guy for a weedy little thing, like some act.

What's my arse got to do with anything?

Barrett, at least Deano would get the best experience in wet races living in Scotland compared to the rest of the field, haha.

Post a reply to: Unadilla Thoughts

The Latest