Uddevalla GP of Sweden OUT for 2016.

Olson
Edited Date/Time 10/9/2015 7:26am
The promoters of BMK Uddevalla announced today they will NOT host MXGP of Sweden at Uddevalla next year. They have a contract for three years and will not fullfill it. They hope the race can return in 2017 but for that to go through they need financial help. It's been no secret that hosting the races have been a break even kind of deal at best for years. Several fans and riders over the world will be happy when they read this, the track has gotten a lot of critique the last couple of years and since they changed it up it's been for the worse and with a lot shorter lap times. For us in Sweden this is kind of sad since we wont be able to go to a local GP.
|
10/8/2015 4:51am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2015 4:52am
that's a shame- used to be a good track. Looks like lierop will be getting shut down soon too!! so no gp there again either! will miss that place, one of the best gps ive been to, and a really fun track to ride

hopefully they will replace it with another proper motocross track (ie hawkstone park) not the usual garbage that we see when they go somewhere new
Motofinne
10/8/2015 4:55am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2015 4:57am
Same thing happened in Hyvinkää Finland. The cost of having a GP is just too much, it's a shame...

Although the Hyvinkää track isn't good enough as a GP track, that's just my opinion.

But why have they done the changes in Uddevalla? This years track was garbage. It was way better a few years ago.
10/8/2015 5:04am
that's a shame- used to be a good track. Looks like lierop will be getting shut down soon too!! so no gp there again either! will...
that's a shame- used to be a good track. Looks like lierop will be getting shut down soon too!! so no gp there again either! will miss that place, one of the best gps ive been to, and a really fun track to ride

hopefully they will replace it with another proper motocross track (ie hawkstone park) not the usual garbage that we see when they go somewhere new
Damn i hope Lierop can stay around as a track, even if it's just for amateur practice / local races!

I witnessed so much history at that circuit over the years.. Jeffrey Herlings destroying the 250 field in 2012 with sand-riding skills that where out of this world. Steve Ramon and Philipaerts fighting for a 450cc title somewhere around 2008. Stefan Everts getting a world title few years prior. A Motocross of Nations without the USA team a bit before that .. great memories of that place.

It's a bummer to see the GP's go in the Scandanavia region. I really enjoyed the track from last year in Finland and they didn't return there either this year.

Hopefully they will pick some worthy natural outdoor tracks. (with the rumors of a stadium based GP i am not really a big fan of that ... I'd rather see a GP being held on a true outdoors motocross circuit...)

On that note, i wouldn't mind seeing a double USGP, one early on in the season and one near the end perhaps. One on each coast of the USA ... West = Glen helen, East = Unadilla..

The Shop

Alex
10/8/2015 5:41am
Great Country to hold a GP, but not a nice track.
sende
Fantasy
4429th
10/8/2015 5:50am
So not one MXGP race in Scandinavia. That sucks. Hopefully at least one track will be back on calendar in 2017.
Motofinne
10/8/2015 6:02am
What about Denmark or Norway? Are there any good tracks there that could host a GP?
Olson
10/8/2015 6:59am
Motofinne wrote:
What about Denmark or Norway? Are there any good tracks there that could host a GP?
There are some really good tracks in both of those countries but not nearly large enough facilities. I wish Tibro came back to the schedule.
10/8/2015 7:02am
that's a shame- used to be a good track. Looks like lierop will be getting shut down soon too!! so no gp there again either! will...

Damn i hope Lierop can stay around as a track, even if it's just for amateur practice / local races! I witnessed so much history at...
Damn i hope Lierop can stay around as a track, even if it's just for amateur practice / local races!

I witnessed so much history at that circuit over the years.. Jeffrey Herlings destroying the 250 field in 2012 with sand-riding skills that where out of this world. Steve Ramon and Philipaerts fighting for a 450cc title somewhere around 2008. Stefan Everts getting a world title few years prior. A Motocross of Nations without the USA team a bit before that .. great memories of that place.

It's a bummer to see the GP's go in the Scandanavia region. I really enjoyed the track from last year in Finland and they didn't return there either this year.

Hopefully they will pick some worthy natural outdoor tracks. (with the rumors of a stadium based GP i am not really a big fan of that ... I'd rather see a GP being held on a true outdoors motocross circuit...)

On that note, i wouldn't mind seeing a double USGP, one early on in the season and one near the end perhaps. One on each coast of the USA ... West = Glen helen, East = Unadilla..
think there was some sort of court hearing regarding lierop last week. Not sure of the outcome- it would be a great shame to see the track get closed down. I was at the race where herlings lapped up to 3rd- mindblowing stuff!!! had some great days riding there myself too

Unadilla would be the best US track to host a gp I think.
ATKpilot99
10/8/2015 7:13am
Nah Luongo would probably want to build a track at some road racing facility for a second USGP.
steed 2.0
10/8/2015 7:30am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Nah Luongo would probably want to build a track at some road racing facility for a second USGP.
Diversification SmileWink

RCB33
Fantasy
118th
10/8/2015 7:32am
I may be in the minority but if I could choose two u.s. tracks to host a gp I would chose ironman and walshougal(sp?) For the reason of they seem to be true american moto tracks,if its a world championship shouldn't it have tracks that reflect riding styles at all ends of the globe? Unadilla seems too European to do that.

And I have never been to glen Helen or talked to very many people who have but it would be a valid option too since it already has held multiple gp's.
RPM68
10/8/2015 7:57am
SOUTHWICK!!!!!
10/8/2015 8:32am
RPM68 wrote:
SOUTHWICK!!!!!
No chance, so many better sand tracks in Europe. Not to mention there are better tracks to hold it in the US. I'd love to see Unadilla.
Motofinne
10/8/2015 11:02am
Motofinne wrote:
Olson wrote:
There are some really good tracks in both of those countries but not nearly large enough facilities. I wish Tibro came back to the schedule.
Tibro looks like an awesome track.

The track that i have always wanted to go to in Sweden is Ulricehamn, it looks amazing!

sende
Fantasy
4429th
10/8/2015 11:33am
Motofinne wrote:
Tibro looks like an awesome track.

The track that i have always wanted to go to in Sweden is Ulricehamn, it looks amazing!

This track looks good for sure.
mx_563
10/8/2015 1:08pm
Olson wrote:
The promoters of BMK Uddevalla announced today they will NOT host MXGP of Sweden at Uddevalla next year. They have a contract for three years and...
The promoters of BMK Uddevalla announced today they will NOT host MXGP of Sweden at Uddevalla next year. They have a contract for three years and will not fullfill it. They hope the race can return in 2017 but for that to go through they need financial help. It's been no secret that hosting the races have been a break even kind of deal at best for years. Several fans and riders over the world will be happy when they read this, the track has gotten a lot of critique the last couple of years and since they changed it up it's been for the worse and with a lot shorter lap times. For us in Sweden this is kind of sad since we wont be able to go to a local GP.
Yes, it would be sad, except for the fact that you live in Sweden!

Tell me about the "sadness" during one of your 25 paid vacation days or 16 paid holidays.

#alittlejealous

SmileSmileSmile
Olson
10/8/2015 1:44pm
mx_563 wrote:
Yes, it would be sad, except for the fact that [b]you live in Sweden[/b]! Tell me about the "sadness" during one of your 25 paid vacation...
Yes, it would be sad, except for the fact that you live in Sweden!

Tell me about the "sadness" during one of your 25 paid vacation days or 16 paid holidays.

#alittlejealous

SmileSmileSmile
Haha that's compensation for our 1 month of summer.
Julian
10/8/2015 2:09pm
it's not how many hours you work, it what you accomplish during the hours you are working.
Julian
10/8/2015 2:29pm
I haven't spent much time thinking about it but I know one of THE MAIN Formula One countries on earth, France, does not have a Formula 1 race on the schedule because the French just got fed up with trying to jump through all the hoops for Eccelstone so they just threw in the towel.

I think Luongo wants to follow the same Ecclestone recipe to achieve success for his sport and his wallet.....

So maybe sweden is sort of like France in this scenario.

From time to time we will all "WISH" that a GP could take place in a certain country, (I sure wish one could return to Poland) but there are "games" out there to be played to win Luongo's heart and so,,,, well so it goes........

Alex
10/8/2015 5:05pm
Would love to see a GP back in Gdansk!
MBR
10/9/2015 1:45am
Finland still might have a GP next year, just saying.
DeStouwer
10/9/2015 2:23am
Who gives a fuck about Lierop? Really, that's one of the ugliest tracks I've ever seen. It's just a lap around the woods. Just because it's deep sand it has that little bit of "chemistry". There are far more beautiful tracks in the Netherlands, Rhenen for example. Shame Sweden is out, but I understand their point of view. Will be difficult to get back on the calendar for 2017 though. I hope (but doubt) Bulgaria or Portugal will fill in the gap.

For the record, I don't like Lommel either.
sende
Fantasy
4429th
10/9/2015 3:03am
MBR wrote:
Fingers crossed.
ayearinmx
10/9/2015 3:09am
DeStouwer wrote:
Who gives a fuck about Lierop? Really, that's one of the ugliest tracks I've ever seen. It's just a lap around the woods. Just because it's...
Who gives a fuck about Lierop? Really, that's one of the ugliest tracks I've ever seen. It's just a lap around the woods. Just because it's deep sand it has that little bit of "chemistry". There are far more beautiful tracks in the Netherlands, Rhenen for example. Shame Sweden is out, but I understand their point of view. Will be difficult to get back on the calendar for 2017 though. I hope (but doubt) Bulgaria or Portugal will fill in the gap.

heard things about Bulgaria and a new track in Thailand.....
DeStouwer
10/9/2015 3:13am
DeStouwer wrote:
Who gives a fuck about Lierop? Really, that's one of the ugliest tracks I've ever seen. It's just a lap around the woods. Just because it's...

ayearinmx wrote:
heard things about Bulgaria and a new track in Thailand.....
Last time I heard no more Thailand but Malaysia instead (second GP).
Sevlievo back on the calendar would be great, awesome track!
JMX82
10/9/2015 3:27am
MBR wrote:
sende wrote:
Fingers crossed.
Does the rumor say which track possible race will be held? Hyvinkää? Heinola?
10/9/2015 3:36am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2015 3:37am
DeStouwer wrote:

not sure I can see your point regarding lierop- whether or not its 'beautiful' or not is irrelavent really? its a great track, nice and wide, gets extremely rough- it offers a unique challenge for the riders. I love riding there, and really enjoy the gp there too! to see those guys ride round there is an awesome spectacle

if you take the other dutch/ Belgian gps for example - how beautiful is lommel? its just a sandpit in the middle of an industrial estate! valkenswaard is a man made circuit next to a go kart/ road race track! lierop is set in the trees, so definitely more scenic than the other 2!!! they used to hold gps at genk! again, another flat track part of a road race/ go kart facility...

would be briiliant to see a gp at kester again, but its not gonna happen!! I think lierop should still have a place on the gp calendar, variety is a good thing! lierop has its own unique challenges, as maggiora does. That's part of the beauty of the world championship- the diversity in the tracks!

still think hawkstone park should have a place in the world championship too- probably the best track we have over here
sende
Fantasy
4429th
10/9/2015 3:36am
MBR wrote:
sende wrote:
Fingers crossed.
JMX82 wrote:
Does the rumor say which track possible race will be held? Hyvinkää? Heinola?
I want to know that too.. MBR??
Heinola would be great.

Post a reply to: Uddevalla GP of Sweden OUT for 2016.

The Latest