USA vs. The WORLD?

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:06pm
It feels damn good that the highlight of all your euro lives is the chance to see us lose. I am convinced you would be more excited to see us lose than you would be to see your team win. BRAAAP. We must be kind of a big deal?!?!
|
Cygnus
10/3/2009 8:31am
If we lose, it is all James' fault.
jamma10
10/3/2009 8:32am
It feels damn good that the highlight of all your euro lives is the chance to see us lose. I am convinced you would be more...
It feels damn good that the highlight of all your euro lives is the chance to see us lose. I am convinced you would be more excited to see us lose than you would be to see your team win. BRAAAP. We must be kind of a big deal?!?!
I smell sour grapes.

Its not the highlight, but its refreshing.
joe101uk
10/3/2009 8:33am
Every single person in Italy just wants to see some good races. It's not USA vs The World at all.
Xavier
10/3/2009 8:35am
Cygnus wrote:
If we lose, it is all James' fault.
If we (France) loose, it is all Pourcel's fault too !

The Shop

Unbidliama
10/3/2009 8:37am
I also don't see it that way. The US has a good team every year so it's a good team to compare the other teams with.
Rudicross
10/3/2009 8:38am
If we (Belgium) loose, is it all "Smets not choosing DeDycker" fault too ?
10/3/2009 8:42am
We have a good team iam sure we will see atleast a top 5 but remeber it is only the B Team really
joe101uk
10/3/2009 8:42am
It's no secret that the USA are bad losers so i kind of expected a topic like this.

However...tomorrow is another day.
10/3/2009 8:46am
Sure seems like it with RV and MA out and JS sitting home all summer
prozach
10/3/2009 8:50am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:30am
Can't compare U.S. vs the world or AMA vs GP until you have an equal number from both on the line together and the best of the best. That will never happen so we have the Mxdn where 85% of the riders are not from the AMA to try to decide. Which doesn't work.

Other U.S. Riders that are faster than then the guy riding their class for the U.S.:

Alessi

RV

Stewart

Canard

Other world riders who may be faster than what was picked.

Townley

Langston

DeDyker

Pourcel S & P

You throw in those 7 AMA riders and the other two GP riders and we get a better idea. What they simply need is a joint round of the AMA and GP series. But that will never happen so we will never get what could be the best race ever.
10/3/2009 8:50am
joe101uk wrote:
It's not your B team buddy
Yes it is.

A team would have been Dungey in MX2, Villopoto in MX1, then Alessi or Grant in MX3. (Stewart's name withheld for taking the summer off)
ns503
10/3/2009 8:50am
All countries need to deal with that crap too.

Get over it...
joe101uk
10/3/2009 8:53am
I'm sure Roger of Coster would of have gotten alot of shit if he chose 2 riders with banged up knees and a guy who simply doesn't want to be out there racing.

France is without the Pourcels so that must be their C team. There still right up there challenging though.

I guess this proves that the GP's are deeper with faster riders.
10/3/2009 8:54am
ns503 wrote:

Get over it...
I'll answer for him because I have the same opinion.

He's not making an excuse, just stating the truth. We sent the best we had available but they're not the best we have. They're still capable of winning, but they are a team of substitutes.
10/3/2009 8:57am
ns503 wrote:

Get over it...
I'll answer for him because I have the same opinion. He's not making an excuse, just stating the truth. We sent the best we had available...

He's not making an excuse, just stating the truth. We sent the best we had available but they're not the best we have. They're still capable of winning, but they are a team of substitutes.
Excatly what i was thinking. I see these guys doing well but not as well from what we would have gone. I sure hope they do win so we can laugh at you guys
10/3/2009 8:57am
ok here are my feelings and observations...not that anyone cares. We usually win. Sure this may not be out three best guys, but other teams have injuries and such as well. We would have a much better chance with say Bubba, Poto, and Dungey on the 250f. The same could probably be said for all the other teams as well. I think alot of us americans are kind of ignorant as to what happens on the other side of the oceans. I can discuss american politics with people from all over the world, however I have no clue where the hell Estonia is located!

I think our cream of the crop guys (RC, Stewart, RV) are a step above the rest of the world. But hell, no one here can beat them either!

I try to follow the GPs more than your average AMA fan, and it seems that it is a whole different style of tracks, format, structure over there. We all saw what happened when you guys came to Budds Creek, you made excuses and we talked crap. This may be the year for us to make excuses and you guys to talk crap. It is very hard to fly across the globe and race in a different culture and a different time zone.

You all had to do it a few years back and ya got beat. We are doing it now and we may get beat. I best we win in Colorado next year.

I get the wanting to see us lose. I like to see USC (college football powerhouse) lose. I like to see Tiger Woods lose. And you like to see Team USA lose.

I get it. good luck to all!

TO MY FELLOW AMERICAN MOTO FANS: We may be down on talent just a bit, but not much. However we are champions, and champions do not make excuses in deafeat. Ricky never did.
Motodude
10/3/2009 8:58am
Rudicross wrote:
If we (Belgium) loose, is it all "Smets not choosing DeDycker" fault too ?
Ken would be toast on this track...Desalle could beat Carolli tomorrow..oh but its Italy and TC is Italian..promotor italian..nah wont happen.
ns503
10/3/2009 9:01am
ns503 wrote:

Get over it...
I'll answer for him because I have the same opinion. He's not making an excuse, just stating the truth. We sent the best we had available...

And Team USA is the only team in that situation.

Got it.
ns503
10/3/2009 9:02am
ok here are my feelings and observations...not that anyone cares. We usually win. Sure this may not be out three best guys, but other teams have...
ok here are my feelings and observations...not that anyone cares. We usually win. Sure this may not be out three best guys, but other teams have injuries and such as well. We would have a much better chance with say Bubba, Poto, and Dungey on the 250f. The same could probably be said for all the other teams as well. I think alot of us americans are kind of ignorant as to what happens on the other side of the oceans. I can discuss american politics with people from all over the world, however I have no clue where the hell Estonia is located!

I think our cream of the crop guys (RC, Stewart, RV) are a step above the rest of the world. But hell, no one here can beat them either!

I try to follow the GPs more than your average AMA fan, and it seems that it is a whole different style of tracks, format, structure over there. We all saw what happened when you guys came to Budds Creek, you made excuses and we talked crap. This may be the year for us to make excuses and you guys to talk crap. It is very hard to fly across the globe and race in a different culture and a different time zone.

You all had to do it a few years back and ya got beat. We are doing it now and we may get beat. I best we win in Colorado next year.

I get the wanting to see us lose. I like to see USC (college football powerhouse) lose. I like to see Tiger Woods lose. And you like to see Team USA lose.

TO MY FELLOW AMERICAN MOTO FANS: We may be down on talent just a bit, but not much. However we are champions, and champions do not make excuses in deafeat. Ricky never did.
Great post. Thanks.
10/3/2009 9:03am
ok here are my feelings and observations...not that anyone cares. We usually win. Sure this may not be out three best guys, but other teams have...

I agree

The racing over here is far diff than in europe

Seale even said that in EU there are 2 or 3 fast guys but in the US there is 15 fast guys.

I want to see us win mabey be a repeat of 1986!
jdbmx
10/3/2009 9:09am
We have a good team iam sure we will see atleast a top 5 but remeber it is only the B Team really
The excuses have started and it`s only qualifying
10/3/2009 9:11am
ns503 wrote:

Get over it...

ns503 wrote:
And Team USA is the only team in that situation.

Got it.
I must have missed the part where I wrote that.
joe101uk
10/3/2009 9:21am
Tedesco: The best American 450 rider in the outdoors
Dungey: Won the outdoor championship
Weimer: Took wins in the outdoors and was the 2nd highest placed American

Other than Villopoto and Alessi who else does America have that can beat these guys.

I'm not including Stewart because he isn't riding motocross.

mccread has been saying all year, along with me and a few other GP cheerleaders. That the depth in the GP MX1 class blows the AMA 450's out of the water.

10/3/2009 9:30am
joe101uk wrote:
Tedesco: The best American 450 rider in the outdoors Dungey: Won the outdoor championship Weimer: Took wins in the outdoors and was the 2nd highest placed...

Other than Villopoto and Alessi who else does America have that can beat these guys.

mccread has been saying all year, along with me and a few other GP cheerleaders. That the depth in the GP MX1 class blows the AMA 450's out of the water.

stewart could come off the bench and whoop on anyone in the ama, reed included. even if u take stew out of it. u could put josh grant in mx1, leave weimer at home and have dungey on the 250. that would help for sure. dungey is new to his 450 and weimer wasnt that great. we r fairly deep here in the states, but with 4 of the fastest five out for the summer, the gps may be as deep this year.
10/3/2009 9:31am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2009 9:36am
joe101uk wrote:
Tedesco: The best American 450 rider in the outdoors Dungey: Won the outdoor championship Weimer: Took wins in the outdoors and was the 2nd highest placed...

You are fogetting Hahn and grant special ed! O and there was also short, Goerke
motogrands
10/3/2009 9:38am
Way to go guys real team spirit! I for one know that all 3 will do thier very best,and shame on you for not cheering them on. Really?
chuckdavies
10/3/2009 9:41am
So are you USA boys happy with your current 6th place? You bunch of fuckin losers
4QSA.
10/3/2009 9:43am
hahah damn thats embarrising

Post a reply to: USA vs. The WORLD?

The Latest