USA Team Manager

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:49am
How is it that Decoster is the team manager for the USA team? He's from Belgium and Mitch Payton is having a way more successful season results wise!
|
DL
8/19/2011 6:12pm
Seriously?
8/19/2011 6:19pm
Hey I like Roger just as much as anyone and know his accomplishments but isn't team USA suppose to be from USA?
stackman17
8/19/2011 6:21pm
For what DeCoster has brought to the States in terms of motocross, I think he is entitled. Remember, many of the pioneers of our sport were from Europe to begin with. Dont hate on "The Man".
8/19/2011 6:23pm
I'm in no way hating on him in anyway. Just wondering how that works and why Mitch wouldn't be the team manager this year.

The Shop

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
8/19/2011 6:27pm
You don't have to be from the US to manage the team, only to ride for it. Decoster has been managing riders in the US from since before many of them were born, so why couldn't he manage them?
8/19/2011 6:28pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
You don't have to be from the US to manage the team, only to ride for it. Decoster has been managing riders in the US from...
You don't have to be from the US to manage the team, only to ride for it. Decoster has been managing riders in the US from since before many of them were born, so why couldn't he manage them?
Well there is the answer then. Thanks
steve_97060
8/19/2011 6:56pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
You don't have to be from the US to manage the team, only to ride for it. Decoster has been managing riders in the US from...
you aren't really that naive are you?
Highsider
8/19/2011 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 7:19pm
You should have known...Sheesh!Laughing
8/19/2011 7:23pm
Highsider wrote:
You should have known...Sheesh!Laughing
Well clearly I knew you didn't have to be from USA to be team manager since he's been it forever! lol Just kind of like the whole Puerto Rico team! Still doesn't really make sense to me if he is from Belgium. It's kind of like Reed riding for USA cause he's lived in USA for many years. Don't get me wrong I love Decoster and know all the history on what he has done for the sport. Just a simple question on the logics of the picks from other countries.
broman64
8/19/2011 7:34pm
How is it that Decoster is the team manager for the USA team? He's from Belgium and Mitch Payton is having a way more successful season...
How is it that Decoster is the team manager for the USA team? He's from Belgium and Mitch Payton is having a way more successful season results wise!
stupid is, as stupid does... now, that is digging...
BMan-
Highsider
8/19/2011 7:35pm
My version:
Roger worked for Honda back in 81 when no American wanted to even go.
Honda gathered up the four riders and Roger was Manager by default.
We won.
broman64
8/19/2011 7:36pm
Hey I like Roger just as much as anyone and know his accomplishments but isn't team USA suppose to be from USA?
the same here...
BMan...
jmar
8/19/2011 7:38pm
I really would like to see Mitch get his turn at managing one of the MXDN teams.

He's earned it.
broman64
8/19/2011 7:38pm
I'm in no way hating on him in anyway. Just wondering how that works and why Mitch wouldn't be the team manager this year.
just trying to start something...
BMan...
broman64
8/19/2011 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 7:44pm
Well clearly I knew you didn't have to be from USA to be team manager since he's been it forever! lol Just kind of like the...
Well clearly I knew you didn't have to be from USA to be team manager since he's been it forever! lol Just kind of like the whole Puerto Rico team! Still doesn't really make sense to me if he is from Belgium. It's kind of like Reed riding for USA cause he's lived in USA for many years. Don't get me wrong I love Decoster and know all the history on what he has done for the sport. Just a simple question on the logics of the picks from other countries.
how is it, possibly, the same... nothing logical about the question... pure stupidity....
BMan...
Mstock
8/19/2011 7:44pm
How is it that Decoster is the team manager for the USA team? He's from Belgium and Mitch Payton is having a way more successful season...
DeCoster has done more for US motocross and supercross than any other human alive or dead. He also does not run a company that sells product for profit. Mitch's team does not participate in the premier classes in the sport.

In 2014 Mitch will be the team usa manager if Roger retires.
broman64
8/19/2011 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2011 7:49pm
jmar wrote:
I really would like to see Mitch get his turn at managing one of the MXDN teams.

He's earned it.
maybe so... if anyone has earned it, Mitch has... however does he even want it?...
BMan...
jmar
8/19/2011 8:07pm
Mstock wrote:
DeCoster has done more for US motocross and supercross than any other human alive or dead. He also does not run a company that sells product...
DeCoster has done more for US motocross and supercross than any other human alive or dead. He also does not run a company that sells product for profit. Mitch's team does not participate in the premier classes in the sport.

He also does not run a company that sells product for profit.
So you think Roger does this for the sport, and not the money?

Mitch's team does not participate in the premier classes in the sport.

How many has Mitch groomed for the "premier class", and how many titles have they won?
Roger is a fantastic team manager, but to act as if Mitch is some type of second rate B team manager is just silly.
jmar
8/19/2011 8:15pm
flarider wrote:
He is a US Citizen
Lets see the Birth Certificate!
Is Roger a democrat?
Mstock
8/19/2011 8:26pm
Mstock wrote:
DeCoster has done more for US motocross and supercross than any other human alive or dead. He also does not run a company that sells product...

jmar wrote:
[i]He also does not run a company that sells product for profit.[/i] So you think Roger does this for the sport, and not the money? [i]...
He also does not run a company that sells product for profit.
So you think Roger does this for the sport, and not the money?

Mitch's team does not participate in the premier classes in the sport.

How many has Mitch groomed for the "premier class", and how many titles have they won?
Roger is a fantastic team manager, but to act as if Mitch is some type of second rate B team manager is just silly.
I think Mitch is the best team manager in the sport of us mx/sx. That was not the question posed by the thread title. I think Roger DeCoster is the best team usa motocross desnations manager. Maybe your not looking close enough to see the difference. Both of them manage the team. They both have their hands full this year with RV and RD on the team. It does not sound all apple pie and smiles like last year with Dungey, Short, and Canard.
8/20/2011 8:44am
If you hear what Mitch thinks about thec ryans and mx1 or mx3 you would know that Mitch is out there for fun, country and tradition. He doesn't give a shit about job titles for his ego on this team and decoster treats him with great respect and vice versatile.

You do realize that Mitch will also pay to send dean and tyla in addition to Blake?

One of the reasons mxdn is back and in a big way is decoster Mitch Carmichael and Coombs felt it was important

Mitch is fine the way it is if even for the simple reason that Roger is older than him
Randy Olson
8/21/2011 12:10am
He pushed for and managed the team way back in 1981 when none of the top guys really wanted to go and then reeled off a record 13 straight victories. He's been the manager for every US MXdN team since. Why wouldn't he be manager? It's like asking why Mitch should be the manager of Pro Circuit.
RM250_Guy
8/21/2011 1:50am
For as good as our teams have been in the past I think we are "entitled" to get The Man as USA Team Manager.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/21/2011 2:55am
flarider wrote:
He is a US Citizen
Lets see the Birth Certificate!
It just says "The man".
I believe he has a American Passport thought. Wink
Suns_PSD
8/21/2011 5:11am
He pushed for and managed the team way back in 1981 when none of the top guys really wanted to go and then reeled off a...
He pushed for and managed the team way back in 1981 when none of the top guys really wanted to go and then reeled off a record 13 straight victories. He's been the manager for every US MXdN team since. Why wouldn't he be manager? It's like asking why Mitch should be the manager of Pro Circuit.
I beleive there were a couple of years in there where Roger did NOT manage the MXdesN team. Bevo Forte I believe did. And I think we lost during that period.

Glad to have Roger on our side.

Post a reply to: USA Team Manager

The Latest