US team for this years MxON?

morning_stiffy
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:13pm
It's a real deep sand track isn't it? What good sand riders do we have? Villopoto? If he steps his game up, which I know he will, he was sick last week.

I'd say no Stewart, since he will only crash, especially in a deep sand track.

Barcia for MX2? Or Osbourne, who races the GPs?

OPEN? I have no idea.

I'd say the best team we could field this year is
MX1 - Villopoto, since we all know once he's not sick, he is the fastest outdoors rider we have
MX2 - Barcia or Osbourne, Osbourne gets my vote
OPEN - Dungey? He's fast as hell, but I'm not sure how he would do on sand tracks...

Discuss.
|
kongols
5/23/2011 10:12pm
No it`s not deep sand. Saint Jean d'Angely is pretty hard pack. It`s gonna be dog fight between USA, France and Italy.
kongols
5/23/2011 10:13pm
BTW, Davey Combs considers Stewart one of three best sand riders along with RC and Herlings.
WR5
5/23/2011 10:14pm
It's a real deep sand track isn't it? What good sand riders do we have? Villopoto? If he steps his game up, which I know he...
It's a real deep sand track isn't it? What good sand riders do we have? Villopoto? If he steps his game up, which I know he will, he was sick last week.

I'd say no Stewart, since he will only crash, especially in a deep sand track.

Barcia for MX2? Or Osbourne, who races the GPs?

OPEN? I have no idea.

I'd say the best team we could field this year is
MX1 - Villopoto, since we all know once he's not sick, he is the fastest outdoors rider we have
MX2 - Barcia or Osbourne, Osbourne gets my vote
OPEN - Dungey? He's fast as hell, but I'm not sure how he would do on sand tracks...

Discuss.
Firs of all this year MxoN will be in St Jean D'Angely and is not a sand track and my team wil be Mx1: Dungey, Mx2: Osborne or Bagget, Mx3: Villopoto.

The Shop

5/23/2011 10:17pm
I think it should be 2 of (canard, dungey, poto)
and if Bagget rides like last week the rest of the season, that is an easy pick.
Roach
5/23/2011 10:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2011 10:18pm
Italy is going to be very good this year.

Mx1 Villopoto
Mx2 Tomac, Osborne or Baggett
Open Dungey or Canard
morning_stiffy
5/23/2011 10:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2011 10:22pm
Oops my bad, i was thinking too far into the future... haha i was thinking of the 2012 race. Tongue

In that case my pick would be
MX1 - Villopoto/Dungey/Canard
MX2 - Barcia, Tomac, Bagget, Osbourne (We have too many MX2 riders to choose from...)
OPEN - Villopoto/Dungey/Canard
redrider400
5/23/2011 10:33pm
kongols wrote:
BTW, Davey Combs considers Stewart one of three best sand riders along with RC and Herlings.
I happen to agree. Its too early to say. But if Stewart would race it would make things easier for sure. I would say it Poto, Dungey and Baggett right now, but its impossible after one round.
morning_stiffy
5/23/2011 10:34pm
Too bad Chad Reed isn't from the U.S. The way he rode last weekend, damn.

I don't think I would send Bubba though, he's too inconsistent.

Dungey won't crash, the dude never crashes.
Villopoto, if he does, is fast enough to finish strong.
Canard is very fast, and has heart, never gives up

Tomac, he's fast, has proven he can win last year, and has proven he can get starts so far this year.
Barcia, Very fast, very aggressive, crashes sometimes, better at SX than MX IMHO
Osbourne, races those GP guys every race, knows the European soil/tracks well, very good rider.
Bagget, if he rides the way he did last weekend, he will be unstoppable.

Too many to choose from!!!
TDeath21
5/23/2011 10:40pm
MX1: Dungey/Villopoto

MX2: Blake Baggett

MX3/Open: Dungey/Villopoto

MX1 rider determined by highest finish position in overall point standings.

Have Canard ready to ride a 450 or 250 in case something happens at the last race of the year.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
5/23/2011 10:43pm
Could be a good year for Australia (for once....hopefully).....

Reed, Metcalfe and Matt Moss....
mx757
5/23/2011 10:55pm
MX1: Dungey. Smartest, most consistant rider in the 450 class.
MX2: Tomac or Baggett. Kinda depends what happens the rest of the season
Open: Really depends on if stewart shows up for more than just a couple rounds. If stewart shows that he is dedicated to making the team, there is no one in the world faster.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
5/23/2011 11:02pm
Too bad Chad Reed isn't from the U.S. The way he rode last weekend, damn. I don't think I would send Bubba though, he's too inconsistent...
Too bad Chad Reed isn't from the U.S. The way he rode last weekend, damn.

I don't think I would send Bubba though, he's too inconsistent.

Dungey won't crash, the dude never crashes.
Villopoto, if he does, is fast enough to finish strong.
Canard is very fast, and has heart, never gives up

Tomac, he's fast, has proven he can win last year, and has proven he can get starts so far this year.
Barcia, Very fast, very aggressive, crashes sometimes, better at SX than MX IMHO
Osbourne, races those GP guys every race, knows the European soil/tracks well, very good rider.
Bagget, if he rides the way he did last weekend, he will be unstoppable.

Too many to choose from!!!
The last time James ran the outdoor season (minus the one race last year) he seemed rather consistent with 24 wins and 0 losses.
Ddavis
5/23/2011 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2011 11:12pm
MX1 - Dungey/Villopoto
MX2 - Tomac/Baggett
MX3 - Dungey/Villopoto

btw, just remembered Canard will be back.
TDeath21
5/23/2011 11:09pm
T-Fish wrote:
The last time James ran the outdoor season (minus the one race last year) he seemed rather consistent with 24 wins and 0 losses.
And didn't do so hot at the MXoN. He was actually the throw away moto. He did do well in 06 for sure. I wish we could have seen Stewart and Carmichael on the same team just once. In 07, if USA had RC for MX1, RV for MX2, and JS for MX3/Open, Team USA may have finished 1-2 all three races.
dirtnapper
5/23/2011 11:26pm
My picks?

James Stewart ( no brainer! )

Jason Lawrence ( no question )

Damon Smith ( duh! )

WINNING!!!! Grinning *

* post is intended as a joke, relax.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
5/23/2011 11:32pm
T-Fish wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
And didn't do so hot at the MXoN. He was actually the throw away moto. He did do well in 06 for sure. I wish we...
And didn't do so hot at the MXoN. He was actually the throw away moto. He did do well in 06 for sure. I wish we could have seen Stewart and Carmichael on the same team just once. In 07, if USA had RC for MX1, RV for MX2, and JS for MX3/Open, Team USA may have finished 1-2 all three races.
I thought he played it smart and finished where he had to in order for the team to win. I don't remember though, but I thought that was what went on there.
jamma10
5/24/2011 3:10am
T-Fish wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
And didn't do so hot at the MXoN. He was actually the throw away moto. He did do well in 06 for sure. I wish we...
T-Fish wrote:
I thought he played it smart and finished where he had to in order for the team to win. I don't remember though, but I thought...
I thought he played it smart and finished where he had to in order for the team to win. I don't remember though, but I thought that was what went on there.
In 2006 he finished 2nd to Everts in both races but was "riding for the team"... even though he crashed a couple of times.

In 2008 he won the first moto and was comfortably leading his second race until he crashed on a table top into a tight right hander and couldn't get his bike started. Byrne crashed in exactly the same place earlier in the day and broke his wrist, if I remember correctly.
jamma10
5/24/2011 3:13am
TheWeapon wrote:

Every year should be a good year for Australia, but your guys never seem to have any luck or under perform for some reason.

One of these days you'll be in contention for the overall going into the final moto with a real chance of winning the thing!
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
5/24/2011 3:23am
TheWeapon wrote:

i think Matt Moss is too old to ride the lites bike this year
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
5/24/2011 3:43am
AUS:

Reed
Metcalfe
Ferris
Who is Ferris?

What about Simmonds? Keep him on a big bike and put Metty on the 250f.
5/24/2011 4:11am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2011 4:12am
Based on what we know now (though it's still far too early really), for America I would go with...

MX1 - Dungey
MX2 - Bagget
MX3 - Villopoto

This should win.

For 2012 in the deep sands of Lommel, I think the U.S will have it's hands full. That will definitely be the most unpredictable MXDN in a long long time imo. But it's way in the future anyway.

The problem with the UK is that the few world class riders we have tend to be MX2 guys. But for the UK...

MX1 - Anderson
MX2 - Wilson
MX3 - Searle

Does anyone know the estimated return for Jeremy Van Horbeek? He could potentially help Belgium.
Maybe Pourcel will come around for France by the end of the year.....
ando
5/24/2011 4:27am
AUS:

Reed
Metcalfe
Ferris
T-Fish wrote:
Who is Ferris?

I think Simmonds would be a good choice - except he's too big for the 250f. Metty is obviously second choice behind Reed, but I believe he's too old for the 250f. Not sure about the Moss boys' age?

This age rule has really screwed with countries like Australia with small talent depth.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
5/24/2011 4:41am
TheWeapon wrote:

Matt Moss will be to old with the age rule for MX2

Think Gibbs will still be under the age limit just,

Reed, Metty, Gibbs would give us a great chance.

If i was picking the US team with all rider fit and healthy

MX 1 Dungey
MX 2 Canard
MX 3 Villopoto

All three have experiance and Speed to burn, all super consistant especially outdoors and honestly i would say an unbeatable team, sure they might not win every single moto, or actually with that line up we could see the first ever clean sweep (well that i know of) with 1st 2nd in every moto.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
5/24/2011 4:55am
AUS:

Reed
Metcalfe
Ferris
T-Fish wrote:
Who is Ferris?

ando wrote:
I think Simmonds would be a good choice - except he's too big for the 250f. Metty is obviously second choice behind Reed, but I believe...
I think Simmonds would be a good choice - except he's too big for the 250f. Metty is obviously second choice behind Reed, but I believe he's too old for the 250f. Not sure about the Moss boys' age?

This age rule has really screwed with countries like Australia with small talent depth.
I wasn't aware of an age rule.

That's about as gay as AIDS.
jamma10
5/24/2011 4:57am
T-Fish wrote:
Who is Ferris?

ando wrote:
I think Simmonds would be a good choice - except he's too big for the 250f. Metty is obviously second choice behind Reed, but I believe...

T-Fish wrote:
I wasn't aware of an age rule.

That's about as gay as AIDS.
Its been in force for at least two years i think.
`ol Ger
5/24/2011 5:05am
Like to see Germany do well.
jamma10
5/24/2011 5:16am
`ol Ger wrote:
Like to see Germany do well.
Schiffer isn't quite fast enough unfortunately.

There are three or four tiers of riders at the MXdN and Shchiffer is probably in the third tier. To have any chance of winning the overall you need a team consisting of riders from the top two tiers. Thats why teams like Italy, Germany and Great Britain tend to come up short because they always have a weak link.

Post a reply to: US team for this years MxON?

The Latest