US pro motocross

Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 8:16am
Herlings goes 1-1 and then half the US pro motocross fans start questioning pro motocross here like conspiracy theorists and took the dump of the century on it like this was the first European to come over and win and turns this whole thing into a race war. I don't see the American pro motocross series only for Americans, I see it as a series than only tours America that top athletes from all over the world can compete since that kinda is what is it right now being that multiple foreigners do race in our series.

And not to mention, now people are seriously discrediting the American pro series like its a rinky dink joke.
|
tcallahan707
8/28/2017 5:20pm
Herlings goes 1-1 and then half the US pro motocross fans start questioning pro motocross here like conspiracy theorists and took the dump of the century...
Herlings goes 1-1 and then half the US pro motocross fans start questioning pro motocross here like conspiracy theorists and took the dump of the century on it like this was the first European to come over and win and turns this whole thing into a race war. I don't see the American pro motocross series only for Americans, I see it as a series than only tours America that top athletes from all over the world can compete since that kinda is what is it right now being that multiple foreigners do race in our series.

And not to mention, now people are seriously discrediting the American pro series like its a rinky dink joke.
We definitely aren't very accepting of foreign talent until they have the potential to reach legend status. Then we claim the shit out of them
8/28/2017 5:21pm
We definitely aren't very accepting of foreign talent until they have the potential to reach legend status. Then we claim the shit out of them
And I just dont understand why, people act like with Herlings winning its death to the american series and long live the mxgp
tcallahan707
8/28/2017 5:23pm
And I just dont understand why, people act like with Herlings winning its death to the american series and long live the mxgp
American/male ego
mx317
8/28/2017 5:26pm
Herlings goes 1-1 and then half the US pro motocross fans start questioning pro motocross here like conspiracy theorists and took the dump of the century...

It is a race war, a motocross race war. Race really.............

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
8/28/2017 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 5:32pm
I think folks are just upset because for years the US outdoors was known as the series with the fastest riders...nobody cared which country they were from..fans claimed them as "ours" at the fastest mx series in the world.

Clearly the US outdoors can no longer be considered the "fastest mx series"- maybe more even. Herlings made that very obvious. I also have no doubt Herlings could pull off the same results in supercross.

Replaying the 1st 450 moto right now and damn Herlings is flying!
BMSOBx2
8/28/2017 5:38pm
What's rinky dink IMO is the emphasis here on SX. No wonder we are getting waxed by Europeans. Roczen, Musquin, Herlings etc.. Unfortunately outdoor MX here has become an afterthought. As in what's left after almost everyone is through injuring themselves riding artificial courses with artificial obstacles inside football stadiums.
Indy mxer
8/28/2017 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 5:41pm
Brad460 wrote:
I think folks are just upset because for years the US outdoors was known as the series with the fastest riders...nobody cared which country they were...
I think folks are just upset because for years the US outdoors was known as the series with the fastest riders...nobody cared which country they were from..fans claimed them as "ours" at the fastest mx series in the world.

Clearly the US outdoors can no longer be considered the "fastest mx series"- maybe more even. Herlings made that very obvious. I also have no doubt Herlings could pull off the same results in supercross.

Herlings was fast no doubt. But after ET crashed, he pretty much went into points mode for the rest of the day.
We'll see how they do this weekend when they can both go balls out.
Ted722
8/28/2017 5:40pm
I really enjoyed it and think it's a shot in the arm for both series on either side of the pond. I'd still like the USGP somewhere in the middle of the US Series, but that's just wishful thinking. I had no intention of watching the USGP prior to the Ironman National, but that changed on Saturday.
kkawboy14
8/28/2017 5:41pm
I will say this: Herlings suspension looked Factory (stuck to the ground) and everyone else's was doing some serious skipping around!
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
8/28/2017 5:42pm

it is a bit of a joke. There are many that think moto is outdated and wouldnt mind seeing it going away.

the heavy importance placed solely on SX means that the skills for moto are ignored.

pro racers spend 8 months riding SX. as soon as MX is over, they are prepping for SX. and all they ride during SX is...sx. the only time they start prepping for mx is two weeks before series, and judging by the performance at these last few rounds most guys seem to have checked out mentally and are looking for vacation and sx prep.
TXDirt
8/28/2017 5:47pm
Eli has Herlings speed. So does Marvin on a good day.

People have long been questioning the health of US motocross and it's racers well before Herlings came over. Maybe you just been living under a rock.
BMSOBx2
8/28/2017 5:51pm
TXDirt wrote:
Eli has Herlings speed. So does Marvin on a good day. People have long been questioning the health of US motocross and it's racers well before...
Eli has Herlings speed. So does Marvin on a good day.

People have long been questioning the health of US motocross and it's racers well before Herlings came over. Maybe you just been living under a rock.
Marvin's from France & the MXGP series.
cali11
8/28/2017 6:12pm
Brad460 wrote:
I think folks are just upset because for years the US outdoors was known as the series with the fastest riders...nobody cared which country they were...

Herlings yes is a fast MX racer, but your nuts if you think he could pull that off in SX. Did I just read that???
reded
8/28/2017 6:18pm
I like watching fast guys kick other fast guys asses, who gives a shit what country they came from?
dirtdog36
8/28/2017 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 6:26pm
Also don't forget 1 year ago ET3 went 4-0 with the Euros
Sooooooo in 1 year it's a whole new outlook? I think not...

JH is fast, our guys are fast... just different series with different aspects

Not really a big deal.

(Oh yeah Cooper Webb tracked down and passed jh in charlotte )
vetmxr
8/28/2017 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 6:37pm
reded wrote:
I like watching fast guys kick other fast guys asses, who gives a shit what country they came from?
I agree.......couldn't care less about race or where ones from.........what I do care about is seeing the FASTEST guys around racing each other hard, and just generally hauling the mail..... I'd watch a robot race if he hauled ass....

If you can't appreciate god given talent on display then you're really missing out. Who cares who the douche bag under the helmet is, or where he's from.....I just want to watch a massively talented motor scooter racer pin it around the whole track and do things that I can not do. I don't care if they're from Ethiopia. Come on over, and line up.

FARANG
8/28/2017 6:36pm
Herlings was awesome this weekend and fully deserved it, but the stars aligned somewhat. Tomac riding tight/safe to secure a championship, Baggett injured, Roczen out, Marvin crashing right at the end. He was the quickest all weekend though so I take nothing away from him, especially given the difficulties of travel, new bike, new track etc. Ultra impressive.

I do feel the AMA 450 series lacks a bit of depth right now and that star factor like in the past. The likes of Carmichael, Villo etc. But it's still strong, the 2 series are within a couple of % of each other in my opinion which is good for the sport. MXGP just has a bit more depth right now, but a rider from either series could win on any day depending on the style of track, who's on form, who gets a start etc.

It's also good that the Americans who claimed the top GP guys couldn't win Loretta's have pretty much disappeared.
Excaliburbmx
8/28/2017 6:37pm
I like watching races. I don't care what nationality the riders are or their color etc etc. I only care the color of their bike. Go green who ever rides them.
Mit12
8/28/2017 6:48pm
Anyone that thinks that the top 5 from either side of the pond could not be competative racing the other series is just plain ignorant.
Brent
8/28/2017 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 7:05pm
Jeff beat their ass like a drum, it wasn't like he squeaked by with a win. It was a beat down by the second place GP rider, no less.

Imagine what Tony would have done if he was racing.

I know about injuries and that Tomac's sphincter was tight enough to make a lump of coal into a diamond worrying about the championship, but what is the excuse for guys like Barcia, Seely ,Wilson, or Webb? They were 8 seconds a lap slower than a guy riding a borrowed bike his first time on the track?

...for that matter, i'm not sure why Herlings thinks he needs Alidon Baker?
edgo897
8/28/2017 6:59pm
Let's see what happens in Jacksonville.
Rockinar
8/28/2017 7:00pm
The dude was in last place and came back for the win. What more is there to say? Yes, half the field is missing but he would have passed all of them too if they were there. A healthy Marvin has been the man to beat. And he was reeling in Marvin with ease.
8/28/2017 7:07pm
Jesus....If anyone pays attention Herlings has been KILLING it over there the last 4-5 rounds, Everyone with Considerable speed in the USA is either nursing injuries or death gripping a title. Not to take anything away from Herlings because he is Tomac-ing eveyone right now but, last year Herlings was in form and got beat by Webb and Forkner was right there. Eli crushed souls (TC, RF, TG, CD) last year.

8/28/2017 7:31pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Marvin's from France & the MXGP series.
I know right. People here act as if Musquin and Roczen learned their trade in the US. They'll be claiming Ferrandis before too long.
jeffro503
8/28/2017 8:16pm
Seems like a lot of you guys have completely forgotten what Tomac did at the two USGP's last year. THAT is what a calm , cool and collective Tomac rides like. What you saw Saturday....pfft!...haha , no , just no.

Maybe Herlings will win again this next weekend? Maybe AC? Or maybe Tomac puts another beating on them like he did last year?

What Herlings did last weekend was amazing to say the least! He strait up whooped our guys ( I mean AMA riders ) pretty freakin' badly. There was a lot of shit going on with Tomac , Marv actually had the fastest lap , but wrecked. Bagget hasn't ridden the same since he ruined his throttle thumb. No Anderson , no Roczen......and quite a few other's.

Lets just take a nice step back before any of you idiots trash the American series. We've been going strong since 1981 , with a few little dips ion the talent pool ( Or injuries )......if you're an American , try having a little more faith in our dudes here. They are faster than what you just saw this past weekend. AND.....let's see what happens this next weekend.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/28/2017 8:23pm
I think there are some big setup and style differences between European MX and USA MX.

To my eye, our guys are used to much stiffer settings because they spend half the year racing Supercross. They like the feel of more hold-up, especially on the front end.

On the Euro side, for the most part they concentrate specifically on motocross, and want suspension that allows them to flow around the course like water.

Jeffrey also sounded like he was a gear higher just about everywhere, and he had that longer pipe setup which adds more low-end. I think he was using a U.S.-spec muffler, and he seemed harder on the throttle, but quieter at the same time.
pilotdude
8/28/2017 11:17pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
What's rinky dink IMO is the emphasis here on SX. No wonder we are getting waxed by Europeans. Roczen, Musquin, Herlings etc.. Unfortunately outdoor MX here...
What's rinky dink IMO is the emphasis here on SX. No wonder we are getting waxed by Europeans. Roczen, Musquin, Herlings etc.. Unfortunately outdoor MX here has become an afterthought. As in what's left after almost everyone is through injuring themselves riding artificial courses with artificial obstacles inside football stadiums.
BOOM.
philG
8/29/2017 12:35am
Jesus....If anyone pays attention Herlings has been KILLING it over there the last 4-5 rounds, Everyone with Considerable speed in the USA is either nursing injuries...
Jesus....If anyone pays attention Herlings has been KILLING it over there the last 4-5 rounds, Everyone with Considerable speed in the USA is either nursing injuries or death gripping a title. Not to take anything away from Herlings because he is Tomac-ing eveyone right now but, last year Herlings was in form and got beat by Webb and Forkner was right there. Eli crushed souls (TC, RF, TG, CD) last year.

Well I thought Gajser , Febvre , and Tonus, had won races...

This weekend is going to be great, Gajser , Febvre and Herlings don't have a championship to chase , so they will just be on it , and there are 4 or 5 other guys in the miox too. Shame its such a piss weak US effort , but hopefully Ironman has put a bit of sparkle into the job on the week leading up to it.
8/29/2017 12:36am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 12:37am
GuyB wrote:
I think there are some big setup and style differences between European MX and USA MX. To my eye, our guys are used to much stiffer...
I think there are some big setup and style differences between European MX and USA MX.

To my eye, our guys are used to much stiffer settings because they spend half the year racing Supercross. They like the feel of more hold-up, especially on the front end.

On the Euro side, for the most part they concentrate specifically on motocross, and want suspension that allows them to flow around the course like water.

Jeffrey also sounded like he was a gear higher just about everywhere, and he had that longer pipe setup which adds more low-end. I think he was using a U.S.-spec muffler, and he seemed harder on the throttle, but quieter at the same time.
In that respect I think Herlings and Roczen (of last year's outdoors) are quite similar style wise. Tall gears, low rev, no wound up tension in the bike and so forth. It's like they are idle running but still go faster than the rest. That's moto-beauty to me

Post a reply to: US pro motocross

The Latest