4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Aspegren denied visa?

Big

C100_93182000_1293664247

Posts: 1000

Joined: 10/18/2010

Location: SWE

3/20/2012 3:58 PM

mx_563 wrote: I think you have been spoiled by the Schengenregelverket

Ask your mom and dad about how people used to travel in Europe in the 70s, the procedures involved with getting work visas etc.

The USA is not part of the Schengenregelverket and has some strict (some would argue not strict enough) rules about who comes in, for how long, and whether they are allowed to work (professional sports are considered a form of employment). Be happy that as a Swede, you can enter the USA for tourist purposes without a Visa.

Despite being a full member of the EU, a US ally in Iraq, a member of NATO, despite getting through the economic crisis better than many Western European countries, my Polish relatives cannot visit my parents in California without first dealing with a lot of red tape to get a tourist Visa.

Your friend was careless last year. This year he will suffer the consequences. Redirect your anger, dude.

We have to get visa too even for 3 months.Redirect your anger, dude? Like my relatives had to flee from polen to US because they had crooked noses just before WW2? They had probably Visatrouble. And a portion of anger maybe? And i can't ask my father since i couldn't find him in the states while he was alive. But that's a totally different story.

Ashleymx

C100_cr250_96_mcgrath_1392232794

Posts: 489

Joined: 8/12/2008

Location: Cumming, GA USA

3/20/2012 4:02 PM

steedmills wrote: .

Where did you read "6 months" ? I've re entered with in 6 months a few times. Has it changed?

Big

C100_93182000_1293664247

Posts: 1000

Joined: 10/18/2010

Location: SWE

3/20/2012 4:03 PM

jamma10 wrote: Yeah, I think it depends on whether you're taking a salary from an American based employer.

My brother in law has been racing cars in the states on a visitors visa, or something similar, for a few years, but this year he's racing ALMS and the Grand AM Rolex series full time and the amount of hoops he's had to jump through has been ridiculous.

I wish I could remember everything he was telling me just recently, but the process was relentless and took forever.

Thats why the rider i support racing in England for sure. The birthcountry of racing.....Anything that's making noice and moving fast.

Big

C100_93182000_1293664247

Posts: 1000

Joined: 10/18/2010

Location: SWE

3/20/2012 4:06 PM

DrSweden wrote: It sux, and doesn't make sense for me. Personal experience from both places, I feel much is ignored in the US, when focusing on regulations, forms or government awareness as in contrast to Sweden. But... when it comes to immigration laws, the US comes out as the most regulated, stubborn place on earth! Odd considering the country was founded on immigration (in contrast to Sweden that is way more open to it)? This is a essay discussion though, and it is what it is...

I'm glad Noren at least did it the right way...

Yeah! We hope he and Sandberg, Lind doing good and having fun too.

SteveS

C100

Posts: 6632

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: WV, USA

3/20/2012 4:08 PM

DrSweden wrote: It sux, and doesn't make sense for me. Personal experience from both places, I feel much is ignored in the US, when focusing on regulations, forms or government awareness as in contrast to Sweden. But... when it comes to immigration laws, the US comes out as the most regulated, stubborn place on earth! Odd considering the country was founded on immigration (in contrast to Sweden that is way more open to it)? This is a essay discussion though, and it is what it is...

I'm glad Noren at least did it the right way...

Well, the southern border doesn't seem to work that way.

He might need to get a work sponsor here and a guaranteed salary. The pastor of the Latino mission church which our church sponsors had to have an immigration lawyer and our church actually had to employ him at a guaranteed salary rate in order for him to get a visa to come preach.

paul937

C100

Posts: 341

Joined: 6/19/2009

Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

3/20/2012 4:17 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote: I don't think Mary gets involved on the boards anymore, at least its been several years since we've had contact. Here's her info, though.

http://www.berniewolfsdorf.com/about_att_Kearney.html

You beat me too it FTE

Mary is definitely the person to speak to! She isn’t cheap, but she gets the job done! She’s very thorough as has plenty of experience with these types of situations (she handled one of my riders and two mechanics over the years) It's complicated and a lot of work, but it can be done.

Good luck to Calle wherever he winds up, he had some impressive rides last year for sure.

Paul

steedmills

C100_berk

Posts: 1820

Joined: 2/21/2011

Location: NLD

3/20/2012 4:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2012 11:26 AM

steedmills wrote: .

Ashleymx wrote: Where did you read "6 months" ? I've re entered with in 6 months a few times. Has it changed?

.

Big

C100_93182000_1293664247

Posts: 1000

Joined: 10/18/2010

Location: SWE

3/20/2012 4:39 PM

paul937 wrote: You beat me too it FTE

Mary is definitely the person to speak to! She isn’t cheap, but she gets the job done! She’s very thorough as has plenty of experience with these types of situations (she handled one of my riders and two mechanics over the years) It's complicated and a lot of work, but it can be done.

Good luck to Calle wherever he winds up, he had some impressive rides last year for sure.

Paul

I should pass information about Mary to any Swede that needs it when i hear they go racing overthere. Shall also pass it to Aspegren family. Maybe to Swedish federation Svemo as well. Thanks!

Big

C100_93182000_1293664247

Posts: 1000

Joined: 10/18/2010

Location: SWE

3/20/2012 4:45 PM

steedmills wrote: .

Ashleymx wrote: Where did you read "6 months" ? I've re entered with in 6 months a few times. Has it changed?

steedmills wrote: .

Theoretical you are aloud to visit 6 months a year but only in 2x3 months periods. And how long you must leave between should be a single day but wouldn't bet on that. Know a rider got injuried flied to Dr in Belgium then Sweden and next week back to States and got new 3 months. I think the boarder is a lottery depending on the customers mood when visiting second time?

englishman

C100_615334328_1207321712

Posts: 2533

Joined: 3/7/2008

Location: England, GBR

3/20/2012 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2012 5:01 PM

Until you deal first hand with US immigration you have NO idea what it's like. I've done the whole deal - long term tourist visas, investors visas, essential employment visas then Green Card and I wouldn't want that experience and expense EVER again, ever.

Big : If immigration find out you are spending more time in the US than out of it on a tourist visa per calender year you will be deported and banned for 10 years. Doing what you buddy did, flying out for a few days then coming back is illegal.

Same if they found out your bud was making any money racing - it is illegal to earn money, of any nature, on a tourist visa even $5.00 for 30th place at a national.

And if he spends as much time in Australia as he did in the US he could run in to the same problem. The tourist visa restrictions are every bit as tight there as they are in the U.S - I know I lived there for a year.

I've been here 15 years , am I still English, man ???

steedmills

C100_berk

Posts: 1820

Joined: 2/21/2011

Location: NLD

3/20/2012 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2012 11:28 AM

Big wrote: Theoretical you are aloud to visit 6 months a year but only in 2x3 months periods. And how long you must leave between should be a single day but wouldn't bet on that. Know a rider got injuried flied to Dr in Belgium then Sweden and next week back to States and got new 3 months. I think the boarder is a lottery depending on the customers mood when visiting second time?

.

steedmills

C100_berk

Posts: 1820

Joined: 2/21/2011

Location: NLD

3/20/2012 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2012 11:26 AM

.

sbarrington314

C100_d507c9cdb4b52195fc3bfc3dc31b5a4d_1390970869

Posts: 5888

Joined: 5/7/2008

Location: Massillon, OH USA

3/20/2012 5:19 PM

Sherwood wrote: It's not that hard to get a license to race the Nationals or SX.

sbarrington314 wrote: if the swagger can do it.... anyone can?

slipdog wrote: Ouch.... low blow! You could get clicked for that... or so I hear

test

slipdog

C100_dog_1404087740

Posts: 3542

Joined: 7/25/2009

Location: Nor Cal, CA USA

3/20/2012 5:33 PM

sbarrington314 wrote: if the swagger can do it.... anyone can?

slipdog wrote: Ouch.... low blow! You could get clicked for that... or so I hear

sbarrington314 wrote: test



All jokes aside, I would like to see more international riders racing here in the USA.

Sometimes I make jokes, I'm not smart enough to explain them so it's on you if you're too dumb to understand them...

mxmedic

C100_627500858_1210266830

Posts: 429

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: MN, USA

3/20/2012 5:39 PM

That's a bummer for Calle. The Sweedish riders did well here last year and they were friendly, professional, and probably more well spoken than a lot of the US riders from the little interaction I had with them. Hopefully he gets it figured out for next year.

dboivin

C100_vital_1395115954

Posts: 1753

Joined: 5/19/2010

Location: Saginaw, MI USA

3/20/2012 5:45 PM

just tell him to come thru mexico, can stay all he wants and even get a drivers license.

GuyB

C100_image_1408504956

Posts: 22704

Joined: 7/10/2006

Location: Wherever I may roam, CA USA

Administrator

3/20/2012 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2012 6:03 PM

Big wrote: Theoretical you are aloud to visit 6 months a year but only in 2x3 months periods. And how long you must leave between should be a single day but wouldn't bet on that. Know a rider got injuried flied to Dr in Belgium then Sweden and next week back to States and got new 3 months. I think the boarder is a lottery depending on the customers mood when visiting second time?

First you said politics, and now it's mood? So which is it?

The answer is neither.

I changed up the subject line to more accurately describe what (I think) is going on here.

4stroke4DWIN

C100_image_1407631514

Posts: 2238

Joined: 1/15/2012

Location: Mesa, AZ USA

3/20/2012 6:09 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote: Adjective verb noun predicate.

Are you seriously bagging on the guys English skills? He's from another country cut him some slack. ................Prick.

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)




Big

C100_93182000_1293664247

Posts: 1000

Joined: 10/18/2010

Location: SWE

3/21/2012 1:53 AM

The bottom line is that we all love to go to the states for racing. Why? Easy question many answer! The tracks, weather in Ca, prices and the dollarlevel, but most important .....the people! Been to Florida and Cali. The people in the states are extreme helpful, friendly and at least in the small Mx pod, very funny too. Nothings beats a American B-B-Q as well. (of course) We should probably be happy to be able to visit our close friends? even if it only can be 3 months i guess. Tank jou vely mutch!

aaryn #234

C100_suzuki2vital_1406940072

Posts: 1583

Joined: 8/19/2007

Location: South Australia, AUS

3/21/2012 4:36 AM

Big wrote: The bottom line is that we all love to go to the states for racing. Why? Easy question many answer! The tracks, weather in Ca, prices and the dollarlevel, but most important .....the people! Been to Florida and Cali. The people in the states are extreme helpful, friendly and at least in the small Mx pod, very funny too. Nothings beats a American B-B-Q as well. (of course) We should probably be happy to be able to visit our close friends? even if it only can be 3 months i guess. Tank jou vely mutch!

One thing beats an American BBQ, and Australian BBQ if he is all about riding MX and Eating BBQ, Australia is his place

Any Idea who he may be riding for if he comes to Aus, if he is coming Down Under, let us know would be good to catch up for a chat

CamP

C100_139826380_1291095094

Posts: 6683

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: Colleyville, TX USA

3/21/2012 7:23 AM

Big wrote: Njaa?. He asked for a Athlete or sportvisa to be able to do the whole serie. And his whishes was simple...Race the best serie and progress as a racer. Those specific things must be written of course.He been working fulltime since the last nationals to get the money for it. That means showing a stable economic and not being "working" for living.My point is that politics not helping foreign riders too much? He should left for Minnesota year1850 maybe?

"He should left for Minnesota year1850 maybe?"

That's what my relatives from Norway did.

themrtoad

C100_001

Posts: 630

Joined: 5/29/2009

Location: SWE

3/21/2012 7:34 AM

aaryn #234 wrote: One thing beats an American BBQ, and Australian BBQ if he is all about riding MX and Eating BBQ, Australia is his place

Any Idea who he may be riding for if he comes to Aus, if he is coming Down Under, let us know would be good to catch up for a chat

He is already there. He will be riding a private Honda 450 and is living 40 minutes away from Brisbane. He's a really nice and down to earth person and i wish him all the best in his new challenge.

I HATE FOURSTROKES

www.racelife.se

rrdecals

C100_facebook

Posts: 111

Joined: 5/6/2010

Location: Durango, CO USA

3/21/2012 7:49 AM

Nicoletti had his visa denied in Australia. So the US isn't the only place this has happened.

scott_nz

C100_image_1405826384

Posts: 1153

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: NZL

3/21/2012 7:55 AM

Big wrote: The bottom line is that we all love to go to the states for racing. Why? Easy question many answer! The tracks, weather in Ca, prices and the dollarlevel, but most important .....the people! Been to Florida and Cali. The people in the states are extreme helpful, friendly and at least in the small Mx pod, very funny too. Nothings beats a American B-B-Q as well. (of course) We should probably be happy to be able to visit our close friends? even if it only can be 3 months i guess. Tank jou vely mutch!

aaryn #234 wrote: One thing beats an American BBQ, and Australian BBQ if he is all about riding MX and Eating BBQ, Australia is his place

Any Idea who he may be riding for if he comes to Aus, if he is coming Down Under, let us know would be good to catch up for a chat

themrtoad wrote: He is already there. He will be riding a private Honda 450 and is living 40 minutes away from Brisbane. He's a really nice and down to earth person and i wish him all the best in his new challenge.

Hope he got a proper visa for Aussie because if he just got a tourist visa like it sounds like he did in the us then it will be a one time trip as well

Aussie immigrations is just as hard on overstayers as the US is

FreshTopEnd

C100_617301428_1208215675

Posts: 9018

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: Sacramento, CA USA

3/21/2012 7:55 AM

Big wrote: The bottom line is that we all love to go to the states for racing. Why? Easy question many answer! The tracks, weather in Ca, prices and the dollarlevel, but most important .....the people! Been to Florida and Cali. The people in the states are extreme helpful, friendly and at least in the small Mx pod, very funny too. Nothings beats a American B-B-Q as well. (of course) We should probably be happy to be able to visit our close friends? even if it only can be 3 months i guess. Tank jou vely mutch!

aaryn #234 wrote: One thing beats an American BBQ, and Australian BBQ if he is all about riding MX and Eating BBQ, Australia is his place

Any Idea who he may be riding for if he comes to Aus, if he is coming Down Under, let us know would be good to catch up for a chat

Okay, aaryn, now you're getting nasty. Really, calling that "throw a shrimp on the barb" grilling shat 'que? I love the Aussies, but phshaw, matey, phshaw.

I suspect the whole GP vs. Nats war is about to be eclipsed and shunted to the side like small skirmish. An entirely different smoker battle.

@ftemoto


Sherwood

C100_site_logo

Posts: 4284

Joined: 5/12/2010

Location: USA

3/21/2012 8:22 AM

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here still, but at one time I know people entering through Mexico could apply for an emergency work Visa(I don't think that's the exact name of it). Maybe that's changed or not the same for others not coming in through Canada/Mexico?

Sunhouse

C100_7697760_north_pole_santa_claus_house_and_winter_background_with_shining_sun_47695

Posts: 2543

Joined: 3/2/2009

Location: NOR

3/21/2012 8:55 AM

To be perfectly honest, the first thing one does when temporarily moving to a different country or continent is to check what type of visa you need in order to stay there. This oncludes what type of visa you need for what you will be doing there. It`s very simple. Even though US imigration laws are different to European and Australian, it doesn`t mean that there is anything wrong with them at all. For example: European countries often have strict imigration and visa laws for people outside the EU or Schengen. Australia also differs greatly between a holiday visa, visa for education, and a working and/or permanent residential visa. And the best part about it is that all the info needed is very easily available on the internet.

BTW. many pros from outside the EU have green cards, and not temporary visas like Aspegren probably had. That makes you a permanent resident in the US, you can work and live there like any other US citizen, but your citienship remains your country of origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mstock: "I wait at the edge of my seat to hear athletes and celebrities mention a brand or product name. I then rush out and purchase said product regardless if I need the shit or not."

SteveS

C100

Posts: 6632

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: WV, USA

3/21/2012 9:32 AM

Sunhouse wrote: To be perfectly honest, the first thing one does when temporarily moving to a different country or continent is to check what type of visa you need in order to stay there. This oncludes what type of visa you need for what you will be doing there. It`s very simple. Even though US imigration laws are different to European and Australian, it doesn`t mean that there is anything wrong with them at all. For example: European countries often have strict imigration and visa laws for people outside the EU or Schengen. Australia also differs greatly between a holiday visa, visa for education, and a working and/or permanent residential visa. And the best part about it is that all the info needed is very easily available on the internet.

BTW. many pros from outside the EU have green cards, and not temporary visas like Aspegren probably had. That makes you a permanent resident in the US, you can work and live there like any other US citizen, but your citienship remains your country of origin.

To get the green card you have to have a US employer. Doesn't work if you're privateering it.

SteveS

C100

Posts: 6632

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: WV, USA

3/21/2012 9:33 AM

FreshTopEnd wrote: Okay, aaryn, now you're getting nasty. Really, calling that "throw a shrimp on the barb" grilling shat 'que? I love the Aussies, but phshaw, matey, phshaw.

I suspect the whole GP vs. Nats war is about to be eclipsed and shunted to the side like small skirmish. An entirely different smoker battle.

When I was in Australia, the thing they called barbie was a gas powered metal griddle installed outside. Hardly even close to what real barbecue is.

Sunhouse

C100_7697760_north_pole_santa_claus_house_and_winter_background_with_shining_sun_47695

Posts: 2543

Joined: 3/2/2009

Location: NOR

3/21/2012 9:37 AM

Sunhouse wrote: To be perfectly honest, the first thing one does when temporarily moving to a different country or continent is to check what type of visa you need in order to stay there. This oncludes what type of visa you need for what you will be doing there. It`s very simple. Even though US imigration laws are different to European and Australian, it doesn`t mean that there is anything wrong with them at all. For example: European countries often have strict imigration and visa laws for people outside the EU or Schengen. Australia also differs greatly between a holiday visa, visa for education, and a working and/or permanent residential visa. And the best part about it is that all the info needed is very easily available on the internet.

BTW. many pros from outside the EU have green cards, and not temporary visas like Aspegren probably had. That makes you a permanent resident in the US, you can work and live there like any other US citizen, but your citienship remains your country of origin.

SteveS wrote: To get the green card you have to have a US employer. Doesn't work if you're privateering it.

Sponsors might work, mind you, without having checked it 100%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mstock: "I wait at the edge of my seat to hear athletes and celebrities mention a brand or product name. I then rush out and purchase said product regardless if I need the shit or not."

Post a Reply to: Aspegren denied visa?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm